PDA

View Full Version : What can cause spell and chat lag?

Lhancelot
12-05-2016, 05:07 PM
Just curious what can cause this. I am pretty sure it's on my side of things.

I have ran antivirus programs, I am not running anything behind the game, etc., but every day for the last week or so, I get this crazy spell/chat lag. it's intermittent.

It will hit for an hour or so, then just disappear, and might come back later on too. Anyone ever have this issue, and figured out what was causing it for them?

Whirled
12-05-2016, 05:16 PM
hmm.. what processes do you run along with EQ? A scheduled scan going at X o'clock daily? Bring up task manager and start dumping out of stuff u dont need like a finger print server process, open browsers, adobe stuffs, or whatever u have running in back ground. I mean, unless you're hitting some real shady websites u dont even need anti virus on either.

renordw
12-05-2016, 05:28 PM
I know it sounds silly, but are you 100% sure that the window isn't scrolled up? Sometimes I would wonder this same thing as well, and fixed it by just scrolling to the end.

Lhancelot
12-05-2016, 08:53 PM
I know it sounds silly, but are you 100% sure that the window isn't scrolled up? Sometimes I would wonder this same thing as well, and fixed it by just scrolling to the end.

Yeah I remember doing that before, nope I get spell lag and chat lag periodically, it's not scrolled text.

Lhancelot
12-05-2016, 08:58 PM
hmm.. what processes do you run along with EQ? A scheduled scan going at X o'clock daily? Bring up task manager and start dumping out of stuff u dont need like a finger print server process, open browsers, adobe stuffs, or whatever u have running in back ground. I mean, unless you're hitting some real shady websites u dont even need anti virus on either.

Yeah, I will check this out too thanks, I bet I got crap running that really I have no reason to have on.