PDA

View Full Version : Where is everyone?

Messianic
12-06-2016, 03:38 PM
So I'm returning from a long absence. Where does everyone grind nowadays? Where do folks play? Are there consistent pick up groups in Velious locs?

GraveD
12-06-2016, 04:38 PM
Same old places, for the most part.

No pick up group activity in Velious really - gotta bring your own crew for ToFS, Crystal Caverns, etc.

If you're talking higher level, the only real change recently is the AoE nerf which made Chardok proxy die. You can actually group in Chardok now, if you want.

Gafador
12-06-2016, 06:11 PM
People aren't grouping and exping in Velious zones that much? Why not?

Messianic
12-06-2016, 06:13 PM
Same old places, for the most part.

No pick up group activity in Velious really - gotta bring your own crew for ToFS, Crystal Caverns, etc.

If you're talking higher level, the only real change recently is the AoE nerf which made Chardok proxy die. You can actually group in Chardok now, if you want.

That's sad - there are so many good duo/etc opportunities in Velious zones. Everyone still doing KC/Seb/etc? I'll visit Velketor once I get the chance - that was a really fun duo zone back in the day.

skarlorn
12-06-2016, 06:35 PM
i'm in washington

my 5th grade English teacher pronounced it "Warshington." Anything with "wash" was "warsh." She was a dumb hick and one day I told another classmate that she would be stripping during class, but the test was for us to cover our eyes so that we didn't get blinded by her horrific body. The classmate ratted me out and I got in trouble.

I think time has proven my Righteousness.

CheeseRoll
12-06-2016, 06:40 PM
Where is everyone?

I live in a home, maybe not what most consider home but I get free wifi so I am here contected

Where does everyone grind nowadays?

Usually at the local night club called Grinders, have to be careful if you don't swing both ways though

Where do folks play?

I play in my bedroom normally, but I have been know to visit some washrooms and reststops

Are there consistent pick up groups in Velious locs?

Wait this isn't a grinder forum

RDawg816
12-06-2016, 06:41 PM
Mobs are typically harder and worth less exp per hour. You can group there, but you won't find many pugs.

CheeseRoll
12-06-2016, 06:44 PM
Mobs are typically harder and worth less exp per hour. You can group there, but you won't find many pugs.

But I thought the loot was worth the risk and less exp

nostalgiaquest
12-06-2016, 06:58 PM
I've had some luck finding pugs in velketors, but that's about it.

snead
12-06-2016, 07:05 PM
did you create your character on the red server? you might want to try blue if you wish to play wither more than yourself on the internet.

Gafador
12-06-2016, 07:18 PM

Ah damn, sucks xp is lower out there. I had some fond memories of CC.

Izmael
12-06-2016, 07:43 PM
The all time favorite leveling zones all share the same pattern - they are an outdoors dungeon. Outdoors means you can SoW and therefore train to zone.

Blackburrow, Crushbone, Unrest, Mistmoore, Karnor's, City of Mist are all popular because of this, imo.

Seb is an exception because 1) lots of nice loot and 2) it's hard to get to 60 in the aforementioned zones.

Tons of great dungeons are always empty (or most inhabited by soloers or loot farmers) because you can't train to zone - Najena, Paw, Sol A, Guks, Crystal Caverns, Runnyeye, etc etc...

I can't believe actually that Lower Guk is so empty. It used to nearly always have 40+ back in the days on live, sometimes 60+ or even 80+...

Gafador
12-06-2016, 09:47 PM
Seb is an exception because 1) lots of nice loot and 2) it's hard to get to 60 in the aforementioned zones.

So Seb is still the zone most mid-upper 50's and 60's (for loot) sit in? There is no better xp or other dungeon options in Velious for upper 50's to push into 60?

Crawdad
12-06-2016, 10:32 PM
So Seb is still the zone most mid-upper 50's and 60's (for loot) sit in? There is no better xp or other dungeon options in Velious for upper 50's to push into 60?

For pick-up groups, no not really. You might have some luck in Velks, but that's pretty much it. More than likely you're just going to stumble upon a couple ench, shaman or necros soloing. Doubly so for DN.

skarlorn
12-06-2016, 10:57 PM
Nice dude

@bj

Brontus
12-06-2016, 11:09 PM

I agree. I think P99 management needs to increase the ZEMs in Velious to alleviate the crowding in most non-Velious zones.

SDWV
12-06-2016, 11:52 PM
I agree. I think P99 management needs to increase the ZEMs in Velious to alleviate the crowding in most non-Velious zones.

It would be nice if they increased the ZEM for velious. I'm currently at the level to start experiencing Velious and wish there was more people around my level to group with.

Baler
12-07-2016, 12:19 AM

Classic xp best xp.
Kunark xp follows in 2nd
Velious xp is third, zones that do have a good zem are those which mobs have a lot more hitpoints than the mobs in classic or kunark zones.

Alanus
12-07-2016, 09:44 AM
But I thought the loot was worth the risk and less exp

Most of the loot has been farmed to hell and back so it's not really all that valuable anymore. SCHW are like 2k now.

fugazi
12-07-2016, 12:58 PM
The xp in Crystal Caverns pales in comparison to Mistmoore, Guk, SolAnB, Nurga and Kaesora. Velketors is no match for Howling Stones.

So yeah. Either bump the ZEM or leave em to us ench/cleric combo's as farm hubs and testing grounds for our skills.

azeth
12-07-2016, 01:31 PM
Long time no talk. I returned then quit again!

RDawg816
12-07-2016, 01:53 PM
The all time favorite leveling zones all share the same pattern - they are an outdoors dungeon. Outdoors means you can SoW and therefore train to zone.

Blackburrow, Crushbone, Unrest, Mistmoore, Karnor's, City of Mist are all popular because of this, imo.
The appeal to CoM, for me, is because of the lack of casters. Not having to worry about healers, getting nuked, etc. is relaxing. I enjoy actual dungeons, but after levelling in Guk, SolA, etc. it's nice to just kick back and destroy mobs with impunity.

Messianic
12-08-2016, 09:06 AM
Long time no talk. I returned then quit again!

Ha! Hi man! Very long time no see.

I still remember how I made my first 500pp on the server. Was camping that prisoner dude in high keep w/ my ~23 wizard and you and your wife were killing guards but leaving their swords. I'd run through and clean up the guards' corpses and sell all the swords ;D

Expediency
12-08-2016, 02:16 PM
The appeal to CoM, for me, is because of the lack of casters. Not having to worry about healers, getting nuked, etc. is relaxing. I enjoy actual dungeons, but after levelling in Guk, SolA, etc. it's nice to just kick back and destroy mobs with impunity.

CoM* feels like it was designed just for grinding. There are several bonuses. Not only outdoor dungeon + few casters as you guys mentioned but also the layout is the easiest I can think of at that level. One camp on each side right when you come in and another (arena) right past that. The mobs in the middle are usually kept down so you can walk around fairly freely and zone isnt far

*First floor

Expediency
12-08-2016, 02:20 PM
You can definitely still find people outdoors while leveling also if thats your thing. There are always people in the karanas and people still exp in dreadlands.

GraveD
12-08-2016, 04:26 PM
You can definitely still find people outdoors while leveling also if thats your thing. There are always people in the karanas and people still exp in dreadlands.

I been beatin' up on EF mammoths the last couple weeks. Never even set foot in the zone leveling my main, so I wanted to check it out. I took a somewhat different (read: stupid) path by making my first character on P99 a tank class, so most of my leveling experience was in dungeons. Now I'm going through on my druid checking out all the open space hunting grounds. Good times.

Jimjam
12-09-2016, 02:31 AM
CoM* feels like it was designed just for grinding. There are several bonuses. Not only outdoor dungeon + few casters as you guys mentioned but also the layout is the easiest I can think of at that level. One camp on each side right when you come in and another (arena) right past that. The mobs in the middle are usually kept down so you can walk around fairly freely and zone isnt far

*First floor

Yea, I feel it was the 'welcome to Kunark' for people that were approaching the lvl 50 cap. It helps you break that cap, gives you a few kunark spells and has a bunch of commonly dropping weapons with better ratio/proc than most of vanilla could provide.

Braelyn
12-09-2016, 03:55 PM

This is a good idea. It's sad that Velious is mostly empty.

I know I get tired of leveling in the same old places over and over again. It'd be nice to be able to get some pick up groups in some new zones.