PDA

View Full Version : Mouse wheel cam and tab targeting.

Murri
12-19-2016, 11:08 AM
Will these things ever be removed? Both of them aren't classic and tab targeting especially makes things easier.

maskedmelon
12-19-2016, 11:14 AM
Tab targeting trivializes elfqiest, but iunno when they added that. Scroll to 3p (ehehehehe^^) does too, but was most certainly not in until Luclin or maybe Luclin pre-patch.

Baler
12-19-2016, 11:17 AM
Dev's have said they can remove mouse wheel camera at any point. I think it was haynar who said that.

But these are quality of life features and people would be upset in different ways if they were removed.
I think you (OP) under estimate how many people play on P99 because it uses a 'more modern' client. Along with many other people who want to see these quality of life features removed.

I hope this change never takes place on blue or red. However it would be interesting to see on a new fresh classic server.

Maciver
12-19-2016, 12:46 PM
Personally, I was hoping to see the rotate camera with left click and hold added to the mouse wheel camera. Like it is on live currently.

Izmael
12-19-2016, 12:48 PM
OP: What in the world is wrong with you?

Lakeland
12-19-2016, 12:49 PM
I just set up the game a day ago and I try to tab target (habit from modern games) and it just targets myself over and over. I didn't really delve into the settings to change this but half the time I try to click the mob I end up clicking myself (because your characters click box seems to be huge vs the mobs) and bring up my character sheet so if I could "click through" or tab target I'd be for it. Guess I'll have to look in settings.

fadetree
12-19-2016, 01:05 PM
Tab targets works fine for me. You have to be close to the mobs and you have to have LoS. If by 'character sheet' you mean inventory, just hit the 'i' key.

SoekiWiz
12-19-2016, 01:08 PM
I just set up the game a day ago and I try to tab target (habit from modern games) and it just targets myself over and over. I didn't really delve into the settings to change this but half the time I try to click the mob I end up clicking myself (because your characters click box seems to be huge vs the mobs) and bring up my character sheet so if I could "click through" or tab target I'd be for it. Guess I'll have to look in settings.

My tab target cycle was defaulted to myself and last target.

Had to be switched to cycle through NPC's, and yes it's in the keybind settings. You'll find it unless you should be wearing a helmet and a drool bib. In which case, play WoW :P

Lakeland
12-19-2016, 01:15 PM
Tab targets works fine for me. You have to be close to the mobs and you have to have LoS. If by 'character sheet' you mean inventory, just hit the 'i' key.

I guess inventory, I can't remember exactly even thought I've seen it every other fight or so (also when I click to move the screen it comes up if I click to close to my character).

Had to be switched to cycle through NPC's, and yes it's in the keybind settings. You'll find it unless you should be wearing a helmet and a drool bib. In which case, play WoW :P

Hmmm, now you have me worried.. *searches Amazon for helmet that looks cool at least just incase*

Lakeland
12-19-2016, 01:28 PM
You are inspecting yourself, type /togglei off

This will only stop me from inspecting myself and not others? That's great! I can't tell you the amount of times I've done this.

Lakeland
12-19-2016, 01:35 PM
It will stop you from inspecting others as well, you can make social macros if you don't want to type it out.

/togglei off
/togglei on

In 17 years, I have not found a way to toggle it with a single command. Mayhaps someone can teach me something new :)

togglei is just short for toggleinspect

I guess it's not really a big deal, I don't randomly inspect others I guess. I'll make the macro just because why not but mostly leave it off. Thank you for the information, this will save me a lot of annoyance.

Baler
12-19-2016, 01:43 PM
I just want to add..
/toggleinspect on
/toggleinspect off
works also :)

(I just realized Doctor Jeff made this clear, oops)

Dragonslayer
12-19-2016, 02:06 PM

It's because in 3rd person mouse wheel back you keep inspecting your self. You have to turn inspect off to stop this. I never liked inspecting others any way so I keep mine off.

Lakeland
12-19-2016, 02:07 PM
It's because in 3rd person mouse wheel back you keep inspecting your self. You have to turn inspect off to stop this. I never liked inspecting others any way so I keep mine off.

I am for sure going to turn this off.

Kaight
12-19-2016, 02:51 PM
Get outta here with that, Murri

fadetree
12-19-2016, 03:08 PM

Lol I did it so long ago I forgot about it.