PDA

View Full Version : Necro Solo Zones

Darkforge
01-23-2011, 09:44 PM
I was woundering, where are some good Necro Soloing zones. I am 12 atm and looking for good areas to start soloing in. I was thinking unrest at this lvl but dont know. Then also any info for high lvl zones.

Thx guys :)

gprater
01-23-2011, 09:54 PM
If you plan on kiting then the Karanas.....south karana can take you a long way....giant skellies in rathe mountains in your low to mid 20's

dredge
01-23-2011, 10:18 PM

Scrooge
01-24-2011, 01:01 AM
Unrest is ideal for your level range

Blackbat
01-24-2011, 03:08 AM
lvl 12 - 18: misty storyswapper in WK, with the guard and two npcs in the back. 6 mins spawn time you can do non-stop killing.

18 - 20: lake rathetear. solo the 2 aviak guards.

Teensy Weensy
01-24-2011, 03:23 PM
all of them. As a nec the world is your playground my fren

Occam's Butter Knife
01-24-2011, 04:48 PM
I'm going to assume Erud or Human Necro. If your DE forget about the sash quest since you're stuck with the annoying catacomb. In the future include that along with info on goals (I need xp only or I need cash too).

West Karana is great for two reasons.

1) It is good cash and XP at that level. Some zones will be better for XP but not many.

2) It is close to merchants you can use. Either in the Queynos Catacombs (aqueduct) or in the city itself. Both have their annoyances.

Hunting
Misty: A bard nice enough to drop an instrument (1.5 pp) on each death. Go around the corner to sell to the nice merchant whose deaf to Misty's screams. She is 14 to 15 so kite-able at level 12. Easy xp and cash so often camped. Note killing her hurts Queynos Guard faction but it seems to be a small hit since I still con warmly to the guards after 4 kills.

Bandits: Easy stuff since they are 10 to 12 (some where white to me at level 12). Go to the farm house with bandits (6 on the EQ Atlas map). You can pull from the barn then go up the hill and kill the wanderers up there and take down the Brigand (lvl 14 to 15) at the top of the hill. Each bandit has a chance to drop a bronze weapon and a bandit sash. Weapons sell for 1.4 to 3.8 pp per. If you turn in the sash you get another bronze weapon and 1.2 gold. at Level 15 I went from 0% to 20% xp on 17 sashes. Problem is turning in the sash kills Blood Sabre faction.

Cash targets worth looking for are wisps since they drop light stones and greater light stones. A GLS can be turned into 10pp using the concordance quest. While meding have your pet kill wandering spiderlings. Doing this I got 2 stacks of spiderling silks while meding. Grizzzlies, lions and wolfs are worthless since low to high quality skins are so rare.

Selling, spells and banking
The spell merchants and bank in the Catacombs are on Blood Sabre faction so if you choose to do the sash quest turn in you'll write off using the catacombs. At 16 I plan on heading to OoM so I have no problem not being able to buy spells in the catacombs. Plus the banker is only there for 10 minutes at a time and the zone is a bear to get around. I turned in the sashes starting after I bought my level 12 spells.

Most of Queynos starts off as apprehensive to indifferent to Necros. Only the caster guild is KOS and it is damn hard to change that. the problem is a high level caster wanders past the bank every so often. I still bank there and have not had a death since my "learning experience". Just keep an eye out, bank quickly and gate when done.

small notes
* No matter what your faction standing, some merchants in the Karanas will refuse to sell to you.

* If you need bone chips go to Queynos Hills. Plenty of skellies there to kill.

korrowan
01-24-2011, 04:56 PM
As soon as you hit 19 I would go to Paineel and not leave until you are 45. Start on the low level guards and progress up. Once you get into your mid 30s do the ghosts as they have a 6 min timer.

Chanus
01-24-2011, 05:09 PM
As soon as you hit 19 I would go to Paineel and not leave until you are 45. Start on the low level guards and progress up. Once you get into your mid 30s do the ghosts as they have a 6 min timer.

That sounds AWESOME.

korrowan
01-24-2011, 05:10 PM
That sounds AWESOME.

I enjoyed my time there. Made a ton of cash and leveled quick.

Darkforge
01-24-2011, 06:03 PM
Thank you for all the info, I am 16 ATM and i went from 12 to 16 in Oasis killing Crocks. They were a ton of xp and when i was only person there at times in morning I had my choice. lol

I will head to Paineel when i get the chance at 19 and give it my bestshot.

Thx to everyone that put their info in!!:D

Darian
01-24-2011, 07:06 PM
Once you get your lvl 20 spells, crag spiders in East Karana become doable. Not a whole lot of HP, good few of them roaming around and they drop a TON of silks per kill-- that's how I got my bank on early. They might be tough until 24 but if you keep FD up you'll be golden.