PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Charm Killing Pro's

SoekiWiz
12-22-2016, 02:01 PM
Hi folks,

Full disclosure - I realize this should probably be in the caster section, but we all know it'll get more visibility here and I'd really like some solid answers.

I've been charm killing and leveling my Enchanter who's currently up to 51.

First, a question:

Someone tried to explain to me that pets stop taking exp after there are x amount of people in the group. I don't remember what number they said for x, nor do I know if this is actually true or not. Is it?

Secondly,

For some reason I have the idea floating around in my head that if the pet does ALL the damage it's a certain percentage of exp they take, versus if I throw a DoT on the mob I get a little more, and if I do more >50% of the dmg I get even more. Is there any validity to this or is that just a thing I made up in my own head?

Before people go off on a "Let's correct Soeki on the proper way to charm kill" tangent, please understand that yes, I do understand the ideal situation is to let two charmed pets beat the shit out of each other then break and kill both at low hp.

I'm asking these questions because there are times when it's simply not as easy to do as you'd think. For example, right now I've been killing LDC's in Sol B. They tend to break a couple of times and some are seemingly much stronger than others. I had one charmed with SLTW and Garou basically toe-to-toe another one and they did almost equal damage to one another.

Outdoor zones where I can kite seem to be more valuable than indoor exp modifiers when it comes to charm killing based on mana efficiency and never having to rune myself and mana consumption. Kills per hour, amirite?

Talk to me P99!

Tankoos,

Soeki

fadetree
12-22-2016, 02:05 PM
I've wondered these things too. Don't know about the group and pet exp issue.
If you do >50% damage, you get all exp. Less than that, including 0%, you get 50% exp.
I prefer outdoors or at least roomier areas because with some standoff room its a lot safer.

SoekiWiz
12-22-2016, 02:14 PM
I've wondered these things too. Don't know about the group and pet exp issue.
If you do >50% damage, you get all exp. Less than that, including 0%, you get 50% exp.
I prefer outdoors or at least roomier areas because with some standoff room its a lot safer.

Are you 100% on the pet exp rules? I have no doubt I could be wrong, just looking to confirm.

Anyone else able to help us out?

Galvatar
12-22-2016, 02:16 PM
If you have a group, do at least 1 point of damage to the mob and you get full credit.

SoekiWiz
12-22-2016, 02:20 PM
If you have a group, do at least 1 point of damage to the mob and you get full credit.

Mmmm... half a thank you here?

tha yo?!

Very vague.

What you're saying is, if I'm grouped with any number of players, duo'ing all the way through full group, if I have a pet charmed I'm doing DPS with, I should do 1 pt of non-pet damage to receive full exp and not doing any damage will give me an exp penalty?

Did I get that right?

Crawdad
12-22-2016, 02:32 PM
Mmmm... half a thank you here?

tha yo?!

Very vague.

What you're saying is, if I'm grouped with any number of players, duo'ing all the way through full group, if I have a pet charmed I'm doing DPS with, I should do 1 pt of non-pet damage to receive full exp and not doing any damage will give me an exp penalty?

Did I get that right?

You're way over thinking this.

Solo: You (not your pet) need to do 51% of the damage to a target to get full Exp.
Group: Anyone (not a pet) does 1 point of damage to a target to get full Exp.

The game doesn't care if you're duo or trio or 6-manning, it just checks if you are in a group and in the same zone.

Galvatar
12-22-2016, 02:42 PM
Yeah it's not rocket science, two kids and a dog could crack the code.

Jmcwrestling
12-22-2016, 02:59 PM
Actually in a group you do in fact get 100% of the xp even if the pet does 100% of the work.

This is why ench/cleric is the power combo for xp'ing as an ench.

There's no need to do even 1 point of damage yourself if you are grouped.

Expediency
12-22-2016, 03:03 PM

Im skeptical. Ive healed plenty of times for groups where i did zero damage and got exp. Clerics regularly do this

Gundanium
12-22-2016, 03:06 PM
Yeah it's not rocket science, two kids and a dog could crack the code.

Thank you very little

skarlorn
12-22-2016, 03:08 PM
Keep in mind you shouldn't actually be doing 51% damage to the enemy mob while solo. You should get both mobs down to 10%, break charm, and nuke them down

paulgiamatti
12-22-2016, 03:13 PM
Im skeptical. Ive healed plenty of times for groups where i did zero damage and got exp. Clerics regularly do this

You specifically don't have to do any damage, just someone in the group. If you're referring to a cleric/enchanter duo, for example, where no player melee damage is done, damage is being dealt to the mob through spells such as DoTs, nukes, etc.

Galvatar
12-22-2016, 03:19 PM
Thank you very little

?

I answered the question correctly...

Galvatar
12-22-2016, 03:20 PM
Actually in a group you do in fact get 100% of the xp even if the pet does 100% of the work.

Incorrect.

Jmcwrestling
12-22-2016, 03:37 PM
Incorrect.

Agreeing to disagree I suppose.

Galvatar
12-22-2016, 03:38 PM
I've played two charmers and a cleric to 60. I know what i am talking about.

Dreenk317
12-22-2016, 03:50 PM

Solo: You (not your pet) need to do 51% of the damage to a target to get full Exp.

The game doesn't care if you're duo or trio or 6-manning, it just checks if you are in a group and in the same zone.

He's right except when grouped, pet can do 100% of damage when grouped and you will get full exp, as jmc pointed out.

I've never tested without at least some sort of debuff or other effect being cast on the mob, so maybe if you literally do nothing you might not get exp. But as enchanter/cleric I just root, slow, and send pet, cleric heals, mob dies, we get full exp.

paulgiamatti
12-22-2016, 03:53 PM
He's right except when grouped, pet can do 100% of damage when grouped and you will get full exp, as jmc pointed out.

I've never tested without at least some sort of debuff or other effect being cast on the mob, so maybe if you literally do nothing you might not get exp. But as enchanter/cleric I just root, slow, and send pet, cleric heals, mob dies, we get full exp.

Hmm, I'm willing to wager a debuff wouldn't be enough - if there isn't at least 1 point of player-dealt damage then it will not only not give exp, but the corpse will poof as well - just as any NPC corpse does when an NPC slays an NPC. A damage shield on the pet wouldn't count as player damage either.

SoekiWiz
12-22-2016, 03:57 PM
Hmm, I'm willing to wager a debuff wouldn't be enough - if there isn't at least 1 point of player-dealt damage then it will not only not give exp, but the corpse will poof as well - just as any NPC corpse does when an NPC slays an NPC. A damage shield on the pet wouldn't count as player damage either.

Not sure about the rest but this is definitely inaccurate. I've done tons of kills without dealing any direct damage and they all yield exp.

That wasn't the question. The question was how much.

Please stop guessing :P

Trollhide
12-22-2016, 03:58 PM
This is false, there is no corpse poofing when a charmed pet does 100% damage any more than there is when a mage pet does 100% damage.

The 1 point of damage for exp in a group thing applied on live, but as far as anybody knows it is not the case on P99.

paulgiamatti
12-22-2016, 04:03 PM
Not sure about the rest but this is definitely inaccurate. I've done tons of kills without dealing any direct damage and they all yield exp.

There are two different conversations here though: solo with a pet versus group with a pet. We all know some amount of player damage, allegedly >50%, is required to gain full exp when solo. The question of whether any damage is required in a group to either a) gain full exp, or b) gain any exp and have a lootable corpse is legitimate.

Tuurin
12-22-2016, 04:04 PM

That's not accurate mate. I do it all of the time with my necro pet- not a charmed pet, but I think the mechanics are the same. Most common scenario is I'm pulling suit in WL and get jumped by a sifaye or panther, pet attacks the add and proceeds to kill him unaided while I continue with suit pull, dotting fearing etc. I'll eventually get a exp message (they are usually light blue/green exp at 56), faction hit, etc. even though I did nothing to the mob other than get hit. And yes, corpse is there to loot. Literally do it all of the time for some freebie panther skins and random drops from those pesky Tunare sycophants :D.

Granted I'm not getting a significant amount of experience, but it's at least enough to have a exp message. And definitely corpse doesn't poof.

SoekiWiz
12-22-2016, 04:07 PM
There are two different conversations here though: solo with a pet versus group with a pet. We all know some amount of player damage, allegedly >50%, is required to gain exp and have a lootable corpse when solo. The question of whether any damage is required in a group is legitimate.

I think I know what the questions were. I asked them.

Quit while you're ahead.

waltjig
12-22-2016, 04:08 PM
If you are grouped, you get full exp for a kill regardless of the amount of damage your pet does. I soloed from 52-60 on my enchanter in HS, and at times I would group with a necro in basement while soloing west wing. This allowed both of our pets to do 100% of the damage on our respective mob while both getting full exp. We were far enough apart in the zone where we wouldn't share the exp either

paulgiamatti
12-22-2016, 04:11 PM

Quit while you're ahead.

Reread my original post please - it's been edited - and you could also stop being a complete dick while you're at it.

SoekiWiz
12-22-2016, 04:12 PM
If you are grouped, you get full exp for a kill regardless of the amount of damage your pet does. I soloed from 52-60 on my enchanter in HS, and at times I would group with a necro in basement while soloing west wing. This allowed both of our pets to do 100% of the damage on our respective mob while getting full exp. We were far enough apart in the zone where we wouldn't get each others exp either

O_o

You. You're smart, you. I like this.

So the majority consensus is that, on the p99 server, which may be slightly different than live was,

1) Solo pet killing involves an exp penalty or not. 51% player direct damage dealt vs pet to avoid penalty. (Yes yes yes, we know, break pet kill both get exp, that wasn't the question, so stahp).

2) Grouping bypasses the exp penalty completely, with the check being whether the characters are in the zone. Player dealt direct damage is irrelevant.

I'll try to test it next time I'm kicking around.

Thank you everyone!

/Thread

Good day.

-Soeki

SoekiWiz
12-22-2016, 04:13 PM
Reread my original post please - it's been edited - and you could also stop being a complete dick while you're at it.

It's my thread and I'll dick it if I want to. Go be a little bitch in your own thread <3

I don't give a fuck what your original post said. You've contributed nothing but misinformation, and now tears.

F'kawf.

paulgiamatti
12-22-2016, 04:16 PM
No, I've provided correct information. Sorry you're such a piece of shit that you're unwilling to at least read it, though.

SoekiWiz
12-22-2016, 04:19 PM
No, I've provided correct information. Sorry you're such a piece of shit that you're unwilling to at least read it, though.

I SAID GOOD DAY

Crawdad

I think the issue here is that even if your pet does 100%, you still get the "You have gained Experience!" notice. I think someone needs to double check their Exp bar to make sure that this is actually the case. But I'm fairly certain my Exp bar does not move when my pet 100%s a mob.

That being said, I honestly don't know the last time I duo'd with my Ench and my partner didn't at least throw a low level DoT on the mob, so I could be mistaken. The takeaway from all this can be summed up as "Group up as a pet/charm class to avoid pet eatting your Exp."

waltjig
paulgiamatti.... All of your posts have been reread and confirmed that you have no idea what you are talking about and posted rubbish.

Galvatar
12-22-2016, 04:20 PM
Hey paul, nice to see you again.

Yeah I'm out of this thread too, can't help the helpless if they can't understand conventional logic or reason.

Galvatar
12-22-2016, 04:22 PM
Ah shit the OP was Soeki NOW it's making sense.

waltjig
12-22-2016, 04:23 PM

still doesn't change the fact that you played two charmers and a cleric to 60 and still don't understand how the mechanics work on this server. Maybe try a warrior?

Burrito
12-22-2016, 04:23 PM
Last time I checked,

In a group, pet will not leach exp (exp will just be split between duo or greater)

Solo, you must deal 1 point of damage for pet not to leach a large portion of exp

If you deal 1 damage you get 50% exp,

if you deal >50% damage you get full exp

if you drop pet and kill you get full exp.

SoekiWiz
12-22-2016, 04:25 PM

It's like the equivalent of going to Wendy's and ordering a 4 pc nuggets.

The fat slob behind the counter hands you a burger.

Customer: "Excuse me, I ordered chicken nuggets"
The actual "Burger King": "You ordered a burger"
Customer: "Nope! Ordered nuggets. I'd like you to fix the order now"
The actual "Burger King": "Don't be a dick about it. I switched your original order to French fries. It's an accurate order now"
Customer: "Can you just give me my god damn chicken nuggets and shut the fuck up? Thank you"

SoekiWiz
12-22-2016, 04:27 PM
Last time I checked,

In a group, pet will not leach exp (exp will just be split between duo or greater)

Solo, you must deal 1 point of damage for pet not to leach a large portion of exp

If you deal 1 damage you get 50% exp,

if you deal >50% damage you get full exp

if you drop pet and kill you get full exp.

This was in line with what I originally thought, but you still get an exp message if you deal no direct damage. How MUCH exp I never actually tracked, but the message still comes. Facts. Checked it last time I was on the Enc.

Do you think it's possible the original thought was accurate? Massive xp penalty with no direct dmg while solo and pet isn't broken?

What about the pet breaking (induced or RNGesus hatred) when the mob is low health, recharming and killing? Does it count as a new pet? What does that do to the dmg rules?

paulgiamatti
12-22-2016, 04:33 PM
Why is it impossible to have an actual discussion about anything without it becoming a belligerent, counterproductive dick-swinging contest? You whipped it out first, and for that I hold you in contempt. My points don't need the validation of a couple morons who can't have a sober conversation about something as objective as P99 game mechanics and, more importantly, how P99 game mechanics ought to be.

The 1 point of damage for exp in a group thing applied on live, but as far as anybody knows it is not the case on P99.

SoekiWiz
12-22-2016, 04:34 PM
Followup question for testing purposes:

Is there a way to see how much exp you have in numbers?

Aka You have 231,124 exp out of the 1,000,000 needed to level.

I'd go test it tonight but my Enc is 51 and it's hard to see how much through the current 1% he is, therefore harder to gauge what's actually going on per kill.

Crawdad
12-22-2016, 04:34 PM
This was in line with what I originally thought, but you still get an exp message if you deal no direct damage. How MUCH exp I never actually tracked, but the message still comes. Facts. Checked it last time I was on the Enc.

Do you think it's possible the original thought was accurate? Massive xp penalty with no direct dmg while solo and pet isn't broken?

What about the pet breaking (induced or RNGesus hatred) when the mob is low health, recharming and killing? Does it count as a new pet? What does that do to the dmg rules?

You get an Exp message. The amount, if any, is the question. Go kill something with a charmed pet and check your Exp bar.

To answer your second question, it counts as a new pet. So your first charm gets it to 50% and charm breaks. Recharm your pet. Assuming you did no damage prior to break, you only need to do 50% of the damaged mob's current health(26% of its full health) to get full Exp.

Burrito
12-22-2016, 04:38 PM

Well all we have for fact to go on is

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=441865&postcount=1

Kanras: Classic pet experience distribution.

Let's go hunt Kanras down

waltjig
12-22-2016, 04:39 PM
Why is it impossible to have an actual discussion about anything without it becoming a belligerent, counterproductive dick-swinging contest? You whipped it out first, and for that I hold you in contempt. My points don't need the validation of a couple morons who can't have a sober conversation about something as objective as P99 game mechanics and, more importantly, how P99 game mechanics ought to be.

the problem has nothing to do with dicks or vaginas. It has everything to do with the fact that the information you were relaying was INCORRECT and got all aggro when someone called it wrong

Burrito
12-22-2016, 04:39 PM

I'd go test it tonight but my Enc is 51 and it's hard to see how much through the current 1% he is, therefore harder to gauge what's actually going on per kill.

I'm sure there is a way to find this out, although not sure if it's against rules or not.

SoekiWiz
12-22-2016, 04:41 PM
Why is it impossible to have an actual discussion about anything without it becoming a belligerent, counterproductive dick-swinging contest? You whipped it out first, and for that I hold you in contempt. My points don't need the validation of a couple morons who can't have a coherent conversation about something as objective as P99 game mechanics and, more importantly, how P99 game mechanics ought to be.

What
the
shit
are
you
even
saying?

Seriously guy. Look at all the folks who contributed actual information. The only counter productivity in this thread is generated by your derp posts and continued need for gathering Last Word Champion trophies.

You don't need validation? Great. Shut your mouth (fingers? shut your fingers. That's a thing now, I just made it up) and move on.

We're trying to actually figure something out here. No one gives a shit about your feelings.

Galvatar
12-22-2016, 04:42 PM
Well the thing is, we already know how it works, tried to tell you, and you told us to fuck off.

SoekiWiz
12-22-2016, 04:43 PM
You get an Exp message. The amount, if any, is the question. Go kill something with a charmed pet and check your Exp bar.

To answer your second question, it counts as a new pet. So your first charm gets it to 50% and charm breaks. Recharm your pet. Assuming you did no damage prior to break, you only need to do 50% of the damaged mob's current health(26% of its full health) to get full Exp.

Making sense. Tankoos.

I must find a way to get the exp numbers instead of percentages.

paulgiamatti
12-22-2016, 04:43 PM
the problem has nothing to do with dicks or vaginas. It has everything to do with the fact that the information you were relaying was INCORRECT and got all aggro when someone called it wrong

Show me which part was incorrect then. I'll wait.

SoekiWiz
12-22-2016, 04:44 PM
Well the thing is, we already know how it works, tried to tell you, and you told us to fuck off.

I told one person to fuck off :) It wasn't you.

I learned from what you wrote. As well as others. Clearly it's still not 100% clear as both sides are "sure" their information is accurate. So bottom line is I need to test it.

I have no quarrel with you good sir!

SoekiWiz
12-22-2016, 04:46 PM
Well all we have for fact to go on is

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=441865&postcount=1

Let's go hunt Kanras down

If I fully understood what classic pet exp distribution meant it would make more sense!

I was a mnk main on Live. I haz no fond memories of petsies.

waltjig
12-22-2016, 04:49 PM

This is wrong. I have had countless enchanter/cleric duos where the only damage going out is from a charmed pet and not only did we get to loot the corpse, we also got full exp. Want another?

Burrito
12-22-2016, 04:50 PM
If I fully understood what classic pet exp distribution meant it would make more sense!

I was a mnk main on Live. I haz no fond memories of petsies.

"In order to receive full experience for a kill solo, you need to do more than 50% of the damage to the mob. If your pet out-damages you, it will take 50% of the experience away from the kill. This is a major change from the previous system, in which you only needed to do a single point of damage to the mob in order to get full experience. If you are grouped, you and your group will get full experience from the kill, regardless of how much damage the pet does."

In fact, I think the 1 damage or pet steals most exp is just remnants of the old p1999 method. Somehow the misinformation has gotten mixed in with the new system.

SoekiWiz
12-22-2016, 04:51 PM
This is wrong. I have had countless enchanter/cleric duos where the only damage going out is from a charmed pet and not only did we get to loot the corpse, we also got full exp. Want another?

You're going to starts hemorrhaging from your brain if you try to reason with this guy waltjig :P

Save the frustration, don't bother. I'm gonna test this either a) when I find a way to get my exp count in numeric format or b) I get out of hell level and can spend some more time testing.

paulgiamatti
12-22-2016, 04:53 PM

No it isn't. That is entirely correct insofar as how it's supposed to be - you know, the thing that actually matters. Please continue.

SoekiWiz
12-22-2016, 04:54 PM
"In order to receive full experience for a kill solo, you need to do more than 50% of the damage to the mob. If your pet out-damages you, it will take 50% of the experience away from the kill. This is a major change from the previous system, in which you only needed to do a single point of damage to the mob in order to get full experience. If you are grouped, you and your group will get full experience from the kill, regardless of how much damage the pet does."

In fact, I think the 1 damage or pet steals most exp is just remnants of the old p1999 method. Somehow the misinformation has gotten mixed in with the new system.

Okie doke, so follow-up question.

Someone mentioned earlier, let's say the pet breaks while the kill target is at 30% let's say. Their post (the way I understood, maybe I'm inaccurate in how I read it) implied that upon recharming, if I did let's say 16% of that remaining 30% (more than half), I would get full exp.

So the other HP already depleted is tossed completely out of the equation upon a recharm / new charm?

How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could fuckmybrainhurts?

SoekiWiz
12-22-2016, 04:55 PM
No it isn't. That is entirely correct insofar as how it's supposed to be - you know, the thing that actually matters. Please continue.

Let's get this straight.

You're sticking with the argument that a pet dealing 100% dmg to a kill target in a solo scenario poofs the NPC resulting in a no-exp no-corpse scenario?

Is that what you're saying?

waltjig
12-22-2016, 04:55 PM

Someone mentioned earlier, let's say the pet breaks while the kill target is at 30% let's say. Their post (the way I understood, maybe I'm inaccurate in how I read it) implied that upon recharming, if I did let's say 16% of that remaining 30% (more than half), I would get full exp.

So the other HP already depleted is tossed completely out of the equation upon a recharm / new charm?

My experience confirms this

Galvatar
12-22-2016, 04:57 PM
The Thread asked for Charm Killing Pros, not basement dwelling sociopaths. We came out, we answered, and without provocation got slammed for it.

So sure, yep whatever the fuck you think it is must be right. Bite the god damned hand that tries to feed you. Piss in the well.

Nothing would please me more if you fuckos missed out on a pile of XP at this point, because this is absurd. We didn't deserve this bullshit, and there's no excuse for the behavior I've seen in this thread.

waltjig
12-22-2016, 04:58 PM

Of all the things that everyone here, other then you and perhaps your little friend, can agree on is that the corpse of an NPC will NOT poof upon being solo killed by a charmed pet. So what the fuck are you talking about?

paulgiamatti
12-22-2016, 04:59 PM
Jesus christ dude, you can't be... fine, okay, I give up.

http://imgur.com/oYKX5oh.gif

Burrito
12-22-2016, 04:59 PM

Honestly I don't know. Testing would have to be done. I'm of the belief that your assumption is correct, but I know the safe side is just nuking it while your charm pet is mezed.

What if you blur your pet, or your target and recharm?

Break out your inner scientist Soeki

SoekiWiz
12-22-2016, 05:01 PM
Honestly I don't know. Testing would have to be done. I'm of the belief that your assumption is correct, but I know the safe side is just nuking it while your charm pet is mezed.

What if you blur your pet, or your target and recharm?

Break out your inner scientist Soeki

Much neckbearding to be done.

SoekiWiz
12-22-2016, 05:04 PM
The Thread asked for Charm Killing Pros, not basement dwelling sociopaths. We came out, we answered, and without provocation got slammed for it.

So sure, yep whatever the fuck you think it is must be right. Bite the god damned hand that tries to feed you. Piss in the well.

Nothing would please me more if you fuckos missed out on a pile of XP at this point, because this is absurd. We didn't deserve this bullshit, and there's no excuse for the behavior I've seen in this thread.

Who is "We"? and where are you being slammed? Who are you even talking to?

I saw a couple of people disagree with you. They all did it rather politely. I've even said I'm going to test it myself, based primarily on your certainty that their information was inaccurate. Aka not ruling you out.

No idea why you're so salty right now. Unless you're somehow catching feels because of this other mental midget.

Are you day drinking?

fadetree
12-22-2016, 05:05 PM
jeebus, cmon. Chill out people. You don't have to take mortal insult everytime somebody posts something you don't like.

SoekiWiz
12-22-2016, 05:06 PM
jeebus, cmon. Chill out people. You don't have to take mortal insult everytime somebody posts something you don't like.

Forming a crew to kill people who mortally insult me that have the word "tree" in their names!

Whirled
12-22-2016, 05:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTw5pk6dcX0
ITT: people scratching each others anchors

waltjig
12-22-2016, 05:13 PM
the real problem is that paulgiamatti has a join date of Jan 2014 and a post count of 1232...yikes. Hey Galvatar, pretty sure the only basement dweller in this thread is your little brother paul

SirAlvarex
12-22-2016, 05:15 PM
If you are grouped, you get full exp for a kill regardless of the amount of damage your pet does. I soloed from 52-60 on my enchanter in HS, and at times I would group with a necro in basement while soloing west wing. This allowed both of our pets to do 100% of the damage on our respective mob while both getting full exp. We were far enough apart in the zone where we wouldn't share the exp either

I think a few years ago a dev actually posted the code for this. You are 100% right. As long as you are *in a group with someone in the zone* you get full XP.

Galvatar
12-22-2016, 05:20 PM
the real problem is that paulgiamatti has a join date of Jan 2014 and a post count of 1232...yikes. Hey Galvatar, pretty sure the only basement dweller in this thread is your little brother paul

Total Posts: 1,232
Posts Per Day: 1.14

Burrito
12-22-2016, 05:35 PM
Apparently server chat is now RNF

Dreenk317
12-22-2016, 08:19 PM

Reroll a lvl 1 necro, get pet spell and a dagger. Summon pet. Stab mob once (dealing less than 50%) and let pet finish. Do this till lvl 2. Count how many kills it took.

Reroll again as a necro. Get your pet and another brand new lvl 1 in group. Sit back and chill while pet 100% kills mobs with you two doing nothing. Count the number of kills to get to lvl 2. If it's the same number as when you were solo and pet was taking half exp. then it will be proven that pets can do all damage while grouped and not take any exp. As the exp will be being split between the two (in this case) group members.

Expediency
12-22-2016, 08:39 PM
I wish these forums would pick up a few moderators. A good number of you deserve to be banned. Being dicks, trolling people, keep that in RnF where it belongs.

paulgiamatti
12-22-2016, 08:52 PM
Yeah no sane person who cares about objectivity and accuracy in a million years is going to accept testing results from someone as susceptible to emotional appeal and confirmation bias as this idiot. This thread is obviously just an exercise in masturbatory narcissism - he doesn't actually care about things like "data" and "facts", he just wanted to play dress-up as an intellectually superior polymath who brow-beats and condescends to everyone who doesn't immediately agree with and cater to his obviously more advanced knowledge of all things elf sim related.

Someone so fragile and incapable of culpability would be an absolute nightmare to deal with in the real world - imagine trying to confront this guy about a minor mistake he made somewhere along the line. When you try to engage with someone in friendly conversation and you're immediately met with, and I quote, "Quit while you're ahead," there's really nothing else to discuss. At that point everything else that comes out of him is at best highly suspect if not a complete fabrication of his own reality.

maskedmelon
12-22-2016, 09:32 PM
Woah, lotta mad here. I'm pretty angry too and need something at which I can direct my ire. Gonna pick back through this thread and see if I can find something to be pissed about too.

Melli Fahkeen Kreesmaws! (♯`∧´)

Ikon
12-22-2016, 09:37 PM
This is false, there is no corpse poofing when a charmed pet does 100% damage any more than there is when a mage pet does 100% damage.

It wasn't the case on live. Grouped the pet can do all the damage and you get full exp both on live and here on p1999. I can link a old dev post from live stating this is how it worked.

paulgiamatti
12-22-2016, 09:58 PM
Well, technically it will be applicable to any EverQuest server, but yep - myself along with about 6 others are still diligently plugging away at it when time permits, though we're in kind of a lull phase as we're waiting for Zaela's new app to be finished.

maskedmelon
12-22-2016, 10:00 PM
Ok!", I found it! I already knew all of this, but never recognized the cognitive dissonance because I don't really play a charm class -.- FUCK ME! I'm staying away from my enchanter and necro and am not making a Druid EVER!

:c

Ahldagor
12-22-2016, 10:18 PM
Monks are the best pets.

SoekiWiz
12-22-2016, 10:22 PM
Reroll a lvl 1 necro, get pet spell and a dagger. Summon pet. Stab mob once (dealing less than 50%) and let pet finish. Do this till lvl 2. Count how many kills it took.

Reroll again as a necro. Get your pet and another brand new lvl 1 in group. Sit back and chill while pet 100% kills mobs with you two doing nothing. Count the number of kills to get to lvl 2. If it's the same number as when you were solo and pet was taking half exp. then it will be proven that pets can do all damage while grouped and not take any exp. As the exp will be being split between the two (in this case) group members.

Best answer. You win the thread sir. We are all retarded for not realizing this

Tecmos Deception
12-22-2016, 11:24 PM

This.

Tecmos Deception
12-22-2016, 11:27 PM
I've played two charmers and a cleric to 60. I know what i am talking about.

:rolleyes:

Galvatar
12-23-2016, 12:09 AM
Go RMT something, Tecmos.

maskedmelon
12-23-2016, 12:12 AM
Monks are the best pets.

lemme know if you ever need a pet ^.~

rollin5k
12-23-2016, 12:19 AM
Please move to starting zone

clacbec
12-23-2016, 12:19 AM

i did whole 50 - 60 like this and you ll get many friendly tells to join, man, trust me

jarlerop
12-23-2016, 02:31 AM
Yeah no sane person who cares about objectivity and accuracy in a million years is going to accept testing results from someone as susceptible to emotional appeal and confirmation bias as this idiot. This thread is obviously just an exercise in masturbatory narcissism - he doesn't actually care about things like "data" and "facts", he just wanted to play dress-up as an intellectually superior polymath who brow-beats and condescends to everyone who doesn't immediately agree with and cater to his obviously more advanced knowledge of all things elf sim related.

Someone so fragile and incapable of culpability would be an absolute nightmare to deal with in the real world - imagine trying to confront this guy about a minor mistake he made somewhere along the line. When you try to engage with someone in friendly conversation and you're immediately met with, and I quote, "Quit while you're ahead," there's really nothing else to discuss. At that point everything else that comes out of him is at best highly suspect if not a complete fabrication of his own reality.

OP asks for advice from "Charm Killing Pro's" and you join in with completely false "information" and state them as facts. I would be annoyed too.

Dreenk317
12-23-2016, 02:57 AM

As someone already said, gonna have to agree to disagree. Multiple people have stated that what you and Paul said was incorrect. One of these people has both a lvl 60 chanter and a 60 cleric in there sig, I'm willing to bet they have a pretty damn good idea of how it works. I know you say you've leveled multiple charmers, etc. But that doesn't mean you know exactly how it works either. Others have provided scenarios in which they believe they got full exp while pet did 100% damage.

I'm sorry that not everyone agrees with you and Paul. But that doesn't mean everyone else is wrong either.

Fact is, without testing of some sort, like what I described earlier, everything that anyone says is pure opinion.

maskedmelon
12-23-2016, 09:59 AM
Just want to add that Soeki was kinda a dick here; a fun, mostly personable one no doubt, but kinda bitey :/

SoekiWiz
12-23-2016, 10:47 AM
Just want to add that Soeki was kinda a dick here; a fun, mostly personable one no doubt, but kinda bitey :/

Do you feel better now that you've expressed your invaluable opinion? <3

I tend to not start out in my DickMasterFlex costume, but if you poke the lion, don't cry when you're bitten. I started out asking the noob who shall not be named to please stop guessing, even said please! My bullshit tolerance threshold is verrah low.

Anywho, to actually make a contribution to the purpose of the thread instead of just responding to respond, I'm going to take the guy's suggestion who said just do the Lvl 1 necro thing tonight.

I'll post results, but my gut is telling me the folks saying the 100% or 50% are the only two scenarios are probably right.

Do I have a volunteer who wants to help me with testing later? I'll need someone for group test. I also want to try the thing the other guy said about being grouped but far enough apart to not actually split the exp.

SoekiWiz
12-23-2016, 10:49 AM
This.

Tecmos weighs in. Chances of this side of the scale being accurate just had a dumbbell dropped on it.

Will still test later for the inquiring minds.

Ikon
12-23-2016, 11:10 AM
As someone already said, gonna have to agree to disagree. Multiple people have stated that what you and Paul said was incorrect. One of these people has both a lvl 60 chanter and a 60 cleric in there sig, I'm willing to bet they have a pretty damn good idea of how it works. I know you say you've leveled multiple charmers, etc. But that doesn't mean you know exactly how it works either. Others have provided scenarios in which they believe they got full exp while pet did 100% damage.

I'm sorry that not everyone agrees with you and Paul. But that doesn't mean everyone else is wrong either.

Fact is, without testing of some sort, like what I described earlier, everything that anyone says is pure opinion.
Date : 14/01/2000

Topic : Pets Taking Exp.

Pets always get a share of the experience. If the pet owner is in a group, they take up to 1% of the group experience. If the pet owner is solo, they take much much more. In other words, don't tell that magician "Axe the pet" if all you are worried about is experience.

- Gordon
linkage (https://web.archive.org/web/20021130120342/http://magecompendium.com/)

fugazi
12-23-2016, 12:12 PM
It is threads like these that remind me as to why so many players are still quite shit at the game, even after hitting lvl50.

Pets take xp when solo and it deals most dmg. Pets dont take this xp when grouped.

Mobs vary in level. The level difference between you and a mob is a big determiner in how long a charm lasts. Mobs also got varying levels of MR. Some got a higher base mr. Some got/get buffs. Charm blue mobs that are as low as you can go.

Damage in EQ is rng. Sometimes you hit nonstop. Sometimes you miss a lot. Mobs do the same thing. Mobs also hit or miss more depending on their lvl and that of the enemy.

And enchanters need room. Solb sucks, because theres no room. Bring a cleric if you go there.

Also, get -mr gear. Rings. Shoulders. Humanoid mobs use em. It helps, a lot. If there is a cleric, give the pet AC buffs.

I dont mean to sound snarky, but if you didnt know all of the above before hitting lvl30 on the chanter you must've used EQ as a distraction instead of a game you actively play. It is all right there. On these forums. The wiki. The chanters ingame that you can ask for info and tips.

Tuurin
12-23-2016, 12:25 PM
It's posts/debates like this that make people play this game 15+ years later. Obsessing about minutiae are all part of classic eq meta.

Ask a question- get some (probably) wrong information, then another guy comes on and confirms the wrong information and even ups the ante (corpses poof !?!) and then when there's evidence to dispute these claims everyone goes full tantrum and tells each other to sheet the fawk up etc. Literally could have found this identical thread 15 years ago on Castersrealm forums. Classic as it gets.

grimmier
12-23-2016, 01:03 PM
if a duo you still get half xp. half for you and half for partner. pet gets none.

paulgiamatti
12-23-2016, 01:54 PM
OP asks for advice from "Charm Killing Pro's" and you join in with completely false "information" and state them as facts. I would be annoyed too.

Yep, totally sounds like I was stating an undeniable, inarguable fact here and not just furthering the conversation. What a complete presumptuous asshole I was!

In all seriousness though, you're more than welcome to join the PaulG fanclub, if this is your sodium-infused entrée. I've been considering a slogan - I've got a few in mind, so it's not final, but I was thinking "Swag on PaulG's dick" has a certain ring to it. I'm open to suggestions.

waltjig
12-23-2016, 02:03 PM
Hmm, I'm willing to wager a debuff wouldn't be enough -if there isn't at least 1 point of player-dealt damage then it will not only not give exp, but the corpse will poof as welll - just as any NPC corpse does when an NPC slays an NPC. A damage shield on the pet wouldn't count as player damage either.

I don't consider myself a master of reading comprehension by any stretch, but this seems to me like someone who is stating an inarguable fact. Especially considering you went on to state how we are lost causes for not believing you, with your stupid Seinfeld meme

maskedmelon
12-23-2016, 02:05 PM
Do you feel better now that you've expressed your invaluable opinion? <3

I tend to not start out in my DickMasterFlex costume, but if you poke the lion, don't cry when you're bitten. I started out asking the noob who shall not be named to please stop guessing, even said please! My bullshit tolerance threshold is verrah low.

Anywho, to actually make a contribution to the purpose of the thread instead of just responding to respond, I'm going to take the guy's suggestion who said just do the Lvl 1 necro thing tonight.

I'll post results, but my gut is telling me the folks saying the 100% or 50% are the only two scenarios are probably right.

Do I have a volunteer who wants to help me with testing later? I'll need someone for group test. I also want to try the thing the other guy said about being grouped but far enough apart to not actually split the exp.

No, I would prefer a hug tbh :c

I will not be your partner for this endeavor either though. You will have to find someone else.

paulgiamatti
12-23-2016, 02:09 PM
I don't consider myself a master of reading comprehension by any stretch, but this seems to me like someone who is stating an inarguable fact. Especially considering you went on to state how we are lost causes for not believing you, with your stupid Seinfeld meme

The pinnacle of human rationality, ladies and gentlemen.

paulgiamatti
12-23-2016, 02:14 PM
Yeah no sane person who cares about accuracy or objectivity in a million years is going to accept testing results from someone as susceptible to emotional appeal and confirmation bias as this idiot. This thread is obviously just an exercise in masturbatory narcissism - he doesn't actually care about things like "data" and "facts", he just wanted to play dress-up as an intellectually superior polymath who brow-beats and condescends to everyone who doesn't immediately agree with and cater to his obviously more advanced knowledge of all things elf sim related.

QFP (quoted for posterity)

waltjig
12-23-2016, 02:18 PM
stop blatantly trolling server chat

Dothgar
12-23-2016, 02:54 PM
what happens if u get a mob down to 10% with pet, break charm, re-charm same mob, then kill it with pet. is it 50% of the 10% that u need to deal for full xp?

SoekiWiz
12-23-2016, 02:57 PM
QFP (quoted for posterity)

Why in the name of dear lord baby Jesus are you still talking?

Let's straighten a few things out for you big guy.

Thread post #1: I asked two questions. The short versions are
1) How many people must be in a group to negate pet exp penalties if this is even a thing?
2) Regarding damage, is there a difference between doing 1 pt or no pts of dmg when calculating how much exp the pet takes?

Your first response, was to Expediency citing that someone in the group needs to do player dealt direct damage for exp.
You specifically don't have to do any damage, just someone in the group. If you're referring to a cleric/enchanter duo, for example, where no player melee damage is done, damage is being dealt to the mob through spells such as DoTs, nukes, etc.

Your next response was to Dreenk317, reinforcing your argument that players must deal damage to get exp.

My response to you beginning to dump misinformation and nonsense into my thread where I'm seeking factual answers:

Politely debunked your corpse poofing fuckery, redirected the thread to the original questions that I asked in OP, and asked you to please stop guessing. Clearly it was a guess, because had you actually done it, like I have and literally every other person in this thread who contributed had, you'd know there's an exp messages and corpses certainly do not "poof." Blatant asshattery going on here.

Trollhide also corrected you.

Instead of "You know what, that's right, maybe I forgot or it was different on live, you definitely get an exp message and lootable corpse when the pet does all the damage," you choose to backpedal and attempt a jedi mind trick to alter the questions asked:
There are two different conversations here though: solo with a pet versus group with a pet. We all know some amount of player damage, allegedly >50%, is required to gain full exp when solo. The question of whether any damage is required in a group to either a) gain full exp, or b) gain any exp and have a lootable corpse is legitimate.

Tuurin has also politely corrected your original shit-for-brains post about corpse poofery. He even called you mate, isn't that nice?

This is me again, attempting to course correct from you continuing to throw the thread into a tangent.

Quit while you're ahead.

At this point, you are officially butt-hurt.

Out of courtesy, I did reread your original post. It's still idiotic. Now you've started with the name calling, because you feel the tears swelling up.

I poke you back, with some fire, because I don't particularly appreciate being called a dick for trying to keep my own god damn thread on track.

Your reply:

Again, attempting to reinforce your original argument. Which is the antithesis of accurate (I know SAT words too bitch, I just don't need to plaster them all over a message board in an attempt to sound smart to cover up for my Freudian slip of stupidity).

A few more folks make some posts. Outside of your tummy sticks partner, nobody agrees with or appreciates the nonsense oozing out of the two of you. In contrast, I know NONE of the people that were posting in opposition to you. I don't have to link arms with my fay gate ass pals to try and salvage my e-reputation, cuz quite honestly I could give a fuck what you or anyone else on here thinks about me <3

To quote one of my favorite movies, "Uhhhh, yer chart says yer shit's fucked up... and... you talk like a fag... soooo..." -Dr. Lexus.

The REST of us WERE having a discussion. If you actually read anything besides the shit that set your panties on fire, you'd see that. There wasn't a dick swinging contest, there was a "You're wrong, stop," directive sent your way. I'm wearing a blue tie. You can argue that my tie is red until you're blue in the face (get it?), but it's still not red. This is not mechanics nor objective nor philosophical/religious/whatever other irrelevant word you'd like to slap in there to sound fancy.

The tie is blue. You're a moron.

More back and forth.
Jesus christ dude, you can't be... fine, okay, I give up.

http://imgur.com/oYKX5oh.gif

Maybe he'll go away? Hooray!

Nope, here we go again. Has to chime back in multiple pages later.

I'm not even going to pick this one apart, because I'm exhausted from this much so far. The entire point of the thread was to get the right answer. When the right answer was not able to be provided (we have a probable answer, technically still unconfirmed) I volunteered to take the suggestion of another contributor and go figure it out. Which will be done, regardless of your nonsense.

You have gotten better at TryHard (200). Seriously. Masking your moronic commentary with moar SAT words you're probably googling? More syllables doesn't make you sound more intelligent.

We'll wrap it up with this:
Yep, totally sounds like I was stating an undeniable, inarguable fact here and not just furthering the conversation. What a complete presumptuous asshole I was!

In all seriousness though, you're more than welcome to join the PaulG fanclub, if this is your sodium-infused entrée. I've been considering a slogan - I've got a few in mind, so it's not final, but I was thinking "Swag on PaulG's dick" has a certain ring to it. I'm open to suggestions.

You're giving yourself far, FAR too much credit.

I'll put it to you like this.

If you were to hit the lottery

Or die in a horrific car accident

Right now

Nobody would care. With exception of your pillow pal, and that's a maybe.

You are not important. You are not a unique snowflake. Nobody cares. Since I can't tell you to quit while you're ahead again based on the ginormous sized hole you've dug yourself, just stahp.

We have tons of actual input and contributions, so thank you to everyone else. We seem to have arrived at just needing to test it for those of us who want to know, which I've already volunteered to do. It should be done tonight assuming I can get around to logging in.

SoekiWiz
12-23-2016, 02:58 PM
what happens if u get a mob down to 10% with pet, break charm, re-charm same mob, then kill it with pet. is it 50% of the 10% that u need to deal for full xp?

We haven't gotten a clear answer on this one either. Someone mentioned earlier proposing that what you're asking would be accurate. 50% of remaining HP vs total HP.

I'm skeptical on that, so I plan to check it as well. Someone get me a lab coat, I want to feel smert.

Crawdad
12-23-2016, 03:09 PM
We haven't gotten a clear answer on this one either. Someone mentioned earlier proposing that what you're asking would be accurate. 50% of remaining HP vs total HP.

I'm skeptical on that, so I plan to check it as well. Someone get me a lab coat, I want to feel smert.

This is accurate and my experience with early charm breaks in WL and in Kaladim. But, I was wrong about the "1 point of damage" in a group, so take it with a grain of skepticism :D

Also, people are kinda being a dick, and OP was kinda being dickish at some replies... But a lot of people are trying to speak with authority and are just flat out wrong, so what do you expect? Answer people's questions not for them but for the many more who will never post and ask, but will google this two months down the line.

SoekiWiz
12-23-2016, 03:10 PM
This is accurate and my experience with early charm breaks in WL and in Kaladim. But, I was wrong about the "1 point of damage" in a group, so take it with a grain of skepticism :D

I believe it but all the back and forth has gotten me to a place of "just go check everything and document the shitballs out of it or you're gonna have a bad time, mkay?"

I don't wanna have a bad time!

Crawdad
12-23-2016, 03:15 PM
I believe it but all the back and forth has gotten me to a place of "just go check everything and document the shitballs out of it or you're gonna have a bad time, mkay?"

I don't wanna have a bad time!

Yep, at this point I don't think anyone (asides from Tecmos) can speak with actual authority/reliability.

SoekiWiz
12-23-2016, 03:17 PM
Yep, at this point I don't think anyone (asides from Tecmos) can speak with actual authority/reliability.

Even the Tecanator. HOW TO guides, hands down, authority.

Experience in variable scenarios, more than likely right, but not 100%.

My guess is he's obviously right, along with the majority of the others who said the same thing. Still gonna check so I can either high five them all or be like OMG GUISE LOOK

paulgiamatti
12-23-2016, 03:59 PM

Still the truest thing anyone will read in this thread.

Whirled
12-23-2016, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by paulgiamatti http://www.project1999.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2428838#post2428838)

Still the truest thing anyone will read in this thread.

This thread reminds me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kthFUFBwbZg
Sane people don't GAF about the numbers. They want to log in and relax and play a game.

paulgiamatti
12-23-2016, 04:11 PM
I mean, I could go through his wall of verbal diarrhea and methodically annihilate everything point by point, but good lord, it's just such a waste of life at this point. This is a case of someone who is simply impervious to evidence - it'd be like trying to reason a scientologist out of their religion. The bit where he refers to anything with more than three syllables as an "SAT word" gave me a laugh, though. So I'll just keep pointing out that someone like Soeki surely isn't capable of conducting meaningful research of any kind based on his erratic, anything-but-reasonable way of "arguing", and his completely false inerrancy, but actually engaging with him at this point is just intellectual suicide.

waltjig
12-23-2016, 04:20 PM
I mean, I could go through his wall of verbal diarrhea and methodically annihilate everything point by point, but good lord, it's just such a waste of life at this point. This is a case of someone who is simply impervious to evidence - it'd be like trying to reason a scientologist out of their religion. The bit where he refers to anything with more than three syllables as an "SAT word" gave me a laugh, though.

Your original comments have been refuted by literally every other person on this thread. I have to disagree with you again, and let you know that it would not be a "waste of life at this point". I, and probably everyone else that has called out your misinformation, are very curious to see this "evidence" that you are holding so dear. And why the hell didn't you provide the evidence 8 pages ago so we could have all eaten crow pie. Must be another example of my human rationality getting in the way again.

Another side question; Do you believe that up to this point that your contributions to this thread have been worthy of your precious time?

paulgiamatti
12-23-2016, 06:37 PM
Although it primarily deals with political beliefs, here's a related article just published today: http://www.nature.com/articles/srep39589

And in case anyone else has completely lost the plot like the unfortunate poster above, I haven't been talking about game mechanics for the last six pages. Being able to have sober discourse, even when it comes to elf sim, is far more important than being able to blow your contemptible load over "winning" an argument about the minutiae of its game mechanics. I don't post to "win" arguments. I post to participate in discussion, and if you've been paying attention I haven't once pressed forward with a claim when confronted with counterevidence. There isn't the slightest doubt in my mind that no amount of counterevidence in the world would shake people like Soeki from their beliefs. They're not here to have rational debate; they're here swing their e-penis and derive personal value from being able to swing it the longest.

Tecmos Deception
12-23-2016, 06:40 PM
Tecmos weighs in. Chances of this side of the scale being accurate just had a dumbbell dropped on it.

Will still test later for the inquiring minds.

Don't get me wrong. I have not fornally tested this.

But there's no way I would have been able to tolerate the amount of cleric+enchanter duoing I have in the last few years if each mov were giving me only 1/4 the XP it'd give me if I killed it solo with a nuke.

Tecmos Deception
12-23-2016, 06:45 PM
Hats off for being willing to do a test to prove things. Unfortunately you probably won't change minds of anyone.

IIRC I proved that charmed pets wear two rings instead of just one once, giving 55 HP rings to a lvl 1 mob to show its max HP increased by 110 not 55. Screenshots, math, etc. Some other 60 chanter refused to believe what I was demonstrating. Catherine I think?

waltjig
12-23-2016, 06:50 PM
Although it primarily deals with political beliefs, here's a related article just published today: http://www.nature.com/articles/srep39589

And in case anyone else has completely lost the plot like the unfortunate poster above, I haven't been talking about game mechanics for the last six pages. Being able to have sober discourse, even when it comes to elf sim, is far more important than being able to blow your contemptible load over "winning" an argument about the minutiae of its game mechanics. I don't post to "win" arguments. I post to participate in discussion, and if you've been paying attention I haven't once pressed forward with a claim when confronted with counterevidence. There isn't the slightest doubt in my mind that no amount of counterevidence in the world would shake people like Soeki from their beliefs. They're not here to have rational debate; they're here swing their e-penis and derive personal value from being able to swing it the longest.

Lost the plot? This isn't RNF. I'm still taking about the original topic. What the fuck are you talking about?

paulgiamatti
12-23-2016, 06:54 PM
Hats off for being willing to do a test to prove things. Unfortunately you probably won't change minds of anyone.

Again, someone who can't handle culpability won't be able to prove anything. Whether he's right and whether his results are accurate is completely beside the point - no sane person who cares about these things will be able to trust him, and for very good reason. He isn't a rational actor, as made abundantly clear in this thread, therefore his results aren't worth anyone's time of day.

And from the sound of it, you might be in the same boat.

Dreenk317
12-23-2016, 07:22 PM
Again, someone who can't handle culpability won't be able to prove anything. Whether he's right and whether his results are accurate is completely beside the point - no sane person who cares about these things will be able to trust him, and for very good reason. He isn't a rational actor, as made abundantly clear in this thread, therefore his results aren't worth anyone's time of day.

And from the sound of it, you might be in the same boat.

You don't seem so rational yourself

paulgiamatti
12-23-2016, 07:30 PM
Yes, to someone with no concept of rationality that would indeed be the case.

Dreenk317
12-23-2016, 07:41 PM
Yes, to someone with no concept of rationality that would indeed be the case.

Right, because we're obviously all the irrational ones here. Not you with your six pages of forum posts arguing about how to argue about an elf sim. In fact, in one of your posts, you yourself said something along the lines of how you haven't been addressing the topic for some time now. That sounds less then rational to me.

paulgiamatti
12-23-2016, 07:53 PM
Not quite as irrational as the person who thinks when someone refers to six pages of a thread, that they themselves authored every post in those six pages.

I mean, do I really need to give you guys a course in reasoning by analogy? Like, topic is to setting as plot is to discussion at hand? Please at least reassure me that I can post on the P99 message boards at more than an elementary school reading level.

ZiggyTheMuss
12-23-2016, 09:15 PM
Why in the name of dear lord baby Jesus are you still talking?

Let's straighten a few things out for you big guy.

Thread post #1: I asked two questions. The short versions are
1) How many people must be in a group to negate pet exp penalties if this is even a thing?
2) Regarding damage, is there a difference between doing 1 pt or no pts of dmg when calculating how much exp the pet takes?

Your first response, was to Expediency citing that someone in the group needs to do player dealt direct damage for exp.

Your next response was to Dreenk317, reinforcing your argument that players must deal damage to get exp.

My response to you beginning to dump misinformation and nonsense into my thread where I'm seeking factual answers:

Politely debunked your corpse poofing fuckery, redirected the thread to the original questions that I asked in OP, and asked you to please stop guessing. Clearly it was a guess, because had you actually done it, like I have and literally every other person in this thread who contributed had, you'd know there's an exp messages and corpses certainly do not "poof." Blatant asshattery going on here.

Trollhide also corrected you.

Instead of "You know what, that's right, maybe I forgot or it was different on live, you definitely get an exp message and lootable corpse when the pet does all the damage," you choose to backpedal and attempt a jedi mind trick to alter the questions asked:

Tuurin has also politely corrected your original shit-for-brains post about corpse poofery. He even called you mate, isn't that nice?

This is me again, attempting to course correct from you continuing to throw the thread into a tangent.

At this point, you are officially butt-hurt.

Out of courtesy, I did reread your original post. It's still idiotic. Now you've started with the name calling, because you feel the tears swelling up.

I poke you back, with some fire, because I don't particularly appreciate being called a dick for trying to keep my own god damn thread on track.

Your reply:

Again, attempting to reinforce your original argument. Which is the antithesis of accurate (I know SAT words too bitch, I just don't need to plaster them all over a message board in an attempt to sound smart to cover up for my Freudian slip of stupidity).

A few more folks make some posts. Outside of your tummy sticks partner, nobody agrees with or appreciates the nonsense oozing out of the two of you. In contrast, I know NONE of the people that were posting in opposition to you. I don't have to link arms with my fay gate ass pals to try and salvage my e-reputation, cuz quite honestly I could give a fuck what you or anyone else on here thinks about me <3

To quote one of my favorite movies, "Uhhhh, yer chart says yer shit's fucked up... and... you talk like a fag... soooo..." -Dr. Lexus.

The REST of us WERE having a discussion. If you actually read anything besides the shit that set your panties on fire, you'd see that. There wasn't a dick swinging contest, there was a "You're wrong, stop," directive sent your way. I'm wearing a blue tie. You can argue that my tie is red until you're blue in the face (get it?), but it's still not red. This is not mechanics nor objective nor philosophical/religious/whatever other irrelevant word you'd like to slap in there to sound fancy.

The tie is blue. You're a moron.

More back and forth.

Maybe he'll go away? Hooray!

Nope, here we go again. Has to chime back in multiple pages later.

I'm not even going to pick this one apart, because I'm exhausted from this much so far. The entire point of the thread was to get the right answer. When the right answer was not able to be provided (we have a probable answer, technically still unconfirmed) I volunteered to take the suggestion of another contributor and go figure it out. Which will be done, regardless of your nonsense.

You have gotten better at TryHard (200). Seriously. Masking your moronic commentary with moar SAT words you're probably googling? More syllables doesn't make you sound more intelligent.

We'll wrap it up with this:

You're giving yourself far, FAR too much credit.

I'll put it to you like this.

If you were to hit the lottery

Or die in a horrific car accident

Right now

Nobody would care. With exception of your pillow pal, and that's a maybe.

You are not important. You are not a unique snowflake. Nobody cares. Since I can't tell you to quit while you're ahead again based on the ginormous sized hole you've dug yourself, just stahp.

We have tons of actual input and contributions, so thank you to everyone else. We seem to have arrived at just needing to test it for those of us who want to know, which I've already volunteered to do. It should be done tonight assuming I can get around to logging in.

[ ] rekt [ ] not rekt [X] tyrannosaurus rekt

jarlerop
12-23-2016, 09:23 PM
This message is hidden because paulgiamatti is on your ignore list.
Lovely :)

paulgiamatti
12-23-2016, 09:36 PM
Wow, yep, he sure got me by having a full-on rage-induced meltdown in which he typed up an illegible mountain of ad hominem salad, which raised approximately zero thoughtful or provocative points. Ouch.

waltjig
12-23-2016, 09:44 PM
Not quite as irrational as the person who thinks when someone refers to six pages of a thread, that they themselves authored every post in those six pages.

I mean, do I really need to give you guys a course in reasoning by analogy? Like, topic is to setting as plot is to discussion at hand? Please at least reassure me that I can post on the P99 message boards at more than an elementary school reading level.

You are smart as fuck. Can you tutor my child over skype?

rollin5k
12-23-2016, 09:58 PM
Jingle bells jingle bells jingle nerds are fat

Trollhide
12-23-2016, 11:16 PM
Why is this stupid thread 13 pages long this shit is in black and white on the wiki

Grimjaw
12-23-2016, 11:41 PM
wow there are a lot of morons here. btw if you have a decent reading comprehension, you can see that paulgiamatti gave sound advice which is correlated with other posts throughout this entire fail-thread

Dreenk317
12-24-2016, 12:56 AM
wow there are a lot of morons here. btw if you have a decent reading comprehension, you can see that paulgiamatti gave sound advice which is correlated with other posts throughout this entire fail-thread

I just re read every post he's made in this thread, yes I'm bored. But that's beside the point.

PaulG gave some advice in his posts that are on the first three pages. The advice he gave was disagreed with, evidence was given in the form of personal experiences from many people. I'm paraphrasing here, but PaulG's response to everyone that disagreed with him was along the lines of "I'm right, your wrong." Though he failed to give any proof to back up his arguments, even in the form of his personal experiences. When asked for proof of any kind his usual answer was to insult people's reading comprehension.

To add to that, past page three he failed to give any advice that relates to the original questions asked by the OP. And instead devolved into long winded insults towards many people that had responded with anything that disagreed with his already given advice.

I'm not sure what posts of his you read that made you think he gave "sound advice" when nearly everyone else disagreed with him. But ok.

Ikon
12-24-2016, 02:09 AM
Why are you guys still arguing about it lol. I posted a link from 2000 from a developer, the developer, stating pets take 1% exp in a group and no more. Its extremely unlikely the devs didn't also find that link or others like it.

SoekiWiz
12-24-2016, 11:39 AM
Poll is up since this thread has gone to shit anyway!

Have fun.

Logging in momentarily to do my necro testing. Will post data in a new thread, which this fucking moron will not hijack :)

SoekiWiz
12-24-2016, 11:41 AM

Provided complete and total misinformation, then attempted to back it up when it was pointed out.

Reading comprehension - I do not think this means what you think it means. Knowing all the words doesn't mean you comprehend what's going on.

fadetree
12-24-2016, 01:01 PM
Anything Ikon links is the complete and total truth. There's nothing left to say after that. He does research.

paulgiamatti
12-24-2016, 02:51 PM
Provided complete and total misinformation, then attempted to back it up when it was pointed out.

Completely false, but on the topic of reading comprehension it's no surprise at all that you'd think it's true.

fastboy21
12-24-2016, 02:57 PM
its christmas...reading comprehension is for nerds, elf sims are for cool kids...be happy and log in for your free exp!

SoekiWiz
12-24-2016, 03:01 PM
Completely false, but on the topic of reading comprehension it's no surprise at all that you'd think it's true.

Documented fact. Multiple times over. "I know you are but what am I" doesn't work here.

Shut the fuck up

paulgiamatti
12-24-2016, 03:08 PM
Documented fact. Multiple times over. "I know you are but what am I" doesn't work here.

Shut the fuck up

The truest representation of irony one will ever read.

SoekiWiz
12-24-2016, 03:10 PM
The truest representation of irony one will ever read.

Again, more nonsense.

Everyone in your lineage should have their reproductive organs removed, for the sake of the gene pool.

SoekiWiz
12-24-2016, 03:13 PM

This.

The beginning of the entire thing.

100% completely false information, upon correction, you get your period and infect the ENTIRE rest of the thread, and now my new thread, with the actual data in it, because "Wah, I don't like the way the mean people on the internets talk to me"

Go slam your fingers in a car door so we can be free of your nonsense for a while. Additionally, I am willing to pay all costs to have everyone in your family's reproductive organs removed for the sake of the gene pool. Clearly there's something wrong here.

Let me know which hospital you'd like to use. I will be present for each surgery before making payment as to ensure the sanity of the rest of the population.

skarlorn
12-24-2016, 03:15 PM
Paulg is an abusive, toxic poster. I advise everyone to avoid him. He will quickly fall to petty insults even outside rnf!

paulgiamatti
12-24-2016, 03:16 PM
Everyone in your lineage should have their reproductive organs removed, for the sake of the gene pool.

Ah, the old "you shouldn't reproduce" cliché - classy. Keep trying to have an original thought, though. I'm rooting for you.

paulgiamatti
12-24-2016, 03:21 PM
100% completely false information, upon correction, you get your period and infect the ENTIRE rest of the thread, and now my new thread, with the actual data in it, because "Wah, I don't like the way the mean people on the internets talk to me"

And some misogyny to boot! All wrapped up nicely in a mélange of misconception and false accusation. Now we know how the sausage is made.

SoekiWiz
12-24-2016, 03:22 PM
And some misogyny to boot! All wrapped up nicely in a mélange of misconception and false accusation. Now we know how the sausage is made.

What planet do you live on?

I literally quote your nonsense and you just "NOPE!"

You need therapy.

btw, nice job with the continued tryhard on the vocab. You're a riot pal

paulgiamatti
12-24-2016, 03:23 PM

SoekiWiz
12-24-2016, 03:24 PM

Maybe you can read it more clearly now

paulgiamatti
12-24-2016, 03:27 PM
I really don't want to get back into it, but maybe you should read the first part of that sentence. A person who has more information and is not a piece of shit would respond with something such as, "You'd lose that wager, and here's why." Not, "Quit while you're ahead."

SoekiWiz
12-24-2016, 03:31 PM
I really don't want to get back into it, but maybe you should read the first part of that sentence. A person who has more information and is not a piece of shit would respond with something such as, "You'd lose that wager, and here's why." Not, "Quit while you're ahead."

What's that?

I can't hear you.

Too much stupid, filling up my ear holes.

The first response was asking you to please stop guessing, which you are clearly doing, as the information is completely wrong.

NachtMystium
12-24-2016, 03:39 PM
This is seriously sad, both of you are fucking autists about some super trivial shit that is so easy to test yourself.

I'm not taking any sides here but I cringe every time I read one of SoekiWiz's attempts to be funny in his posts. It reminds me of those people who wear those black shirts with white text that say things like "The voices say they don't like you" etc etc. Seriously a cringeworthy thread, how it got this far is truly twisted.

skarlorn
12-24-2016, 03:45 PM
soeki definitely trembling in autistic rage

SoekiWiz
12-24-2016, 03:50 PM
soeki definitely trembling in autistic rage

Counting to 7 over and over again with death metal playing in the background of a dark room with a strobe light while using a rolling pin on my shin. As we speak.

Autistic A.F.

Ikon
12-24-2016, 03:55 PM

Damage dealt is remembered by the npc. If you're an necro and you do 95% damage, then FD and wipe the mobs aggro and the pet does the rest then the pet takes 50% exp.

Same with charm.

so your assuming things from live apply to this home made server?
Yes I've done a lot of cross checking. The majority of things are the same as live. That's the whole point of P1999 after all.

NegaStoat
12-24-2016, 04:37 PM
anyone else not read any posts in this thread?
I just stumbled across it and read everything.
Holy god. One of the only good posts involved making a level 1 necro and doing a test. I'd make a lvl 1 human necro in freeport, give it the level 1 pet spell and a pair of rusty halberds or 2h swords and some bone chips, and take screenshot samples of killing a lvl 1 decaying skelly on my own, with the (unarmed) pet helping but I do over 50%, then with the pet armed and doing 1 point and letting the pet kill it with most damage done, then letting the armed pet kill a decaying solo.
Then I'd go over to EC, politely ask someone to help in the name of SCIENCE for a 5 min group, and take fresh test samples of the above.

I'd only do it if I was incredibly concerned about the outcome though. I already read a guide on how pet exp works on P1999 on the wiki and it didn't fail me in leveling a character.

skarlorn
12-24-2016, 05:00 PM
rong thred