PDA

View Full Version : Project 1999 Classic Cartography

Malakaius
01-24-2011, 04:32 PM
First of all I would like to say thank you to the Project 1999 Team for all the great work they do.

I have taken it upon myself to correct the in-game maps for zones supported by Project 1999. As such I have removed all PoK Books, Nexus Scions, Berserker Trainers/Book Merchants, Beastlord Trainers, LDoN Camps and any other Post Velious content I could think of from the in-game maps. In Addition I re-mapped Nektulos (not easy without the map toolbar) and added a map of Butcherblock that was posted in a thread on these forums (apologies that I can't remember who posted it).

Just extract to your Everquest/maps directory
http://www.mediafire.com/?jopsu6fk3d2z8kd

-Your friendly neighborhood Cartographer.

Gandite
01-26-2011, 02:19 AM
Bumping this for great justice. Very happy to have a map for BB and it is supremely, supremely awesome to know where the fuck I am going in nek forest because god fuck my eyes what a horrible zone.

Also nice that the maps are clear of extraneous bullshit we don't need. Nice work OP this deserves more attention than it is receiving.

Pyrocat
01-26-2011, 02:38 AM
No longer available, can you reupload?

Fourthmeal
01-26-2011, 02:40 AM
A TRUE Hero of the Shell.

Nedala
01-26-2011, 02:41 AM
yeah please, but remove bbm map before you do so! bbm is so unclassic :P

Gandite
01-26-2011, 02:55 AM
yeah please, but remove bbm map before you do so! bbm is so unclassic :P

All maps are unclassic but we have them in newbie zones. BBM is the newbie zone for the dwarves so I don't see the problem.

Nedala
01-26-2011, 03:11 AM
But isnt the reason we have those maps because they cant be removed, because they are client based? Why add a map that was succesfully removed?

I might be wrong tho. I personally rather had all maps gone, but what he did to the maps that were already in, is great, i just dont like new maps added.

InfamousTaco
01-26-2011, 03:28 AM
This looks very interesting and would like to download it, but it appears your rapidshare link had a maximum of 10 downloads. Perhaps another site to upload it to such as mediafire might work better?

Malakaius
01-26-2011, 03:48 AM
Apologies about down link, re-uploaded to mediafire. New Link in OP.

atropine
01-26-2011, 04:09 AM
Awesome! Thank you!

~ Kerrilea

dredge
01-26-2011, 04:18 AM

Zereh
01-26-2011, 05:01 AM
where do I find the other non newbie zone maps?

wink wink

Why in those binders (http://www.eqmacwiki.com/eqatlas/atlas.html) (labeled by expansion no less) that you've lugged around for the past 10 years.

Sad but true.

Alisa
01-26-2011, 06:21 AM
Why in those binders (http://www.eqmacwiki.com/eqatlas/atlas.html) (labeled by expansion no less) that you've lugged around for the past 10 years.

Sad but true.

Omg, my binders!

True but sad

quellren
01-26-2011, 10:33 AM
This is fucking awesome.

Nicely done, Malakaius.

Aanelan
01-26-2011, 12:06 PM
I'll be uploading this as soon as I get home awesome!

Xevin
01-30-2011, 09:48 PM
WOW thanks man these are AWESOME! Very good job.

DevGrousis
02-06-2011, 03:46 PM
awesome! thanks!

Opaline
02-08-2011, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the work on the maps. I'm sure it will help many folks out.

In the classic days, we used to use landmarks and memory (or EQAtlas, printout and /loc, sense heading) to get around. Was really cool to know the zones without having to resort to following an X in a map. In the early days, being afraid of what we would encounter in a new zone, resorting to "hugging" the wall until you found the next zone was used quite a bit. People still doing that I'm sure ;) You were cool if you could run the "straight line" to the next zone without being killed. Just knowing how without a map was fun. Line up on the small tree and keep running!

/em feeling nostalgic (and no, nostalgic isn't my alt)

tbox
11-17-2011, 11:27 PM
did they change it so maps dont work? Tried these maps says maps disable on p1999.

Pyronost
11-18-2011, 12:08 AM
Whoa. Thread necro. The message "Maps have been disabled on P99" should be a pretty big clue, and answer your question pretty well ;)

Messianic
11-18-2011, 12:44 PM
did they change it so maps dont work? Tried these maps says maps disable on p1999.

Whoa. Thread necro. The message "Maps have been disabled on P99" should be a pretty big clue, and answer your question pretty well ;)

Yeah, big thread necro. They used to work on p99 for noob zones only. Was actually kind of a nice crutch when I was porting to/banking in gfay, even though it's just a straight-north shot from the spires to Kelethin...

Flunklesnarkin
11-18-2011, 09:36 PM
First of all I would like to say thank you to the Project 1999 Team for all the great work they do.

I have taken it upon myself to correct the in-game maps for zones supported by Project 1999. As such I have removed all PoK Books, Nexus Scions, Berserker Trainers/Book Merchants, Beastlord Trainers, LDoN Camps and any other Post Velious content I could think of from the in-game maps. In Addition I re-mapped Nektulos (not easy without the map toolbar) and added a map of Butcherblock that was posted in a thread on these forums (apologies that I can't remember who posted it).

Just extract to your Everquest/maps directory
http://www.mediafire.com/?jopsu6fk3d2z8kd

-Your friendly neighborhood Cartographer.

http://i43.tinypic.com/fp9w5v.jpg