PDA

View Full Version : Should I max my brewing for Coldain Ring 9?

mev
12-30-2016, 05:05 AM
Hi all,

As I understand it, you can only max one tradeskill, and all of the others are capped at 200. I am preparing for doing the Coldain Ring #9 quest on my monk, which requires high brewing, and I was considering:
1. Maxing brewing on my monk to do the combine
2. Maxing brewing on an alt to do the combine; turning it in on the alt; switching back to the monk to do the fight and loot the body
3. Paying someone else who is a max brewer to do the turn in

#1 would be the most convenient, but that would mean that I wouldn't be able to max any other tradeskills on my monk. Is that something that I'll regret later?

That is, are there any tradeskill combines that benefit from having a skill over 200 that would benefit from being on my main rather than an alt? For instance, if I wanted to tailor Black Panther armor, I could just as easily do that on an alt, but if there were a combine that used no drop ingredients or whose result was no drop, that might be a reason why I would want to save my max tradeskill for something other than brewing.

All of the things that I was aware of were low 200s and thus having a higher max wouldn't make a difference (eg, Garzicor has a smithing trivial of 213, which would only be an additional 3.25% fail rate at 200 smithing).

Is there any reason why I shouldn't max my brewing?

Thanks!

Culkasi
12-30-2016, 06:23 AM
Only reason not to is that you might feel you want to slit your wrists before you get there - but as a monk I don't see any other tradeskill maxes as a requirement

Morbo the Annihilator
12-30-2016, 06:35 AM
You'll get to minotaur hero's brew, wonder what you're doing with your life, then pay someone else for the avalanche ale MQ.

Fortunately, that still leaves you under 200, allowing you to max a different skill.