PDA

View Full Version : Server Reset

Doil_Boil
01-02-2017, 01:03 AM
When will there be a fresh server or a reset? It's the only thing that would really make me want to play again.

Tankdan
01-02-2017, 01:15 AM
Yeah there is talks of a fresh server, but most people agree it won't be for many many years. Velious is fairly new based on P99 timelines.

and Pantheon will be out in a year or three anyways.

Ivory
01-02-2017, 01:17 AM
Only 2-4 years.

Swish
01-02-2017, 01:18 AM
1350 logged into blue at the moment, until numbers drop I don't think it'll be considered

silo32
01-02-2017, 06:25 AM
1350 logged into blue at the moment, until numbers drop I don't think it'll be considered

even if blue had 37 people there would be no wipe

red beta tested this

Domo
01-02-2017, 06:39 AM
I just hit lvl 60 and got my epic.
Its not my fault that you found out about P99 1-3 years before me :)

Doil_Boil
01-02-2017, 11:17 AM
I just hit lvl 60 and got my epic.
Its not my fault that you found out about P99 1-3 years before me :)

I mean, do you LIKE playing on a fucked up economy with a non classic timeline?

Briscoe
01-02-2017, 11:30 AM
I mean, do you LIKE playing on a fucked up economy with a non classic timeline?

How is the economy fucked up?

fugazi
01-02-2017, 12:01 PM
How is the economy fucked up?

Not sure if serious.

Caiu
01-02-2017, 12:07 PM
Anything that vastly improves a new person's quality of life like a weapon from Kunark is generally pretty cheap. Since it is absurdly easy to make platinum as a 60 things that will benefit said 60 go for quite a bit more. Seems to be working as intended to me.

Gumbo
01-02-2017, 03:58 PM
When will there be a fresh server or a reset? It's the only thing that would really make me want to play again.

It's the first "fresh server or a reset" post of 2017.

Only another 327 posts to go...

fadetree
01-02-2017, 06:35 PM
Not sure if serious.

The economy is fine, and is always exactly what it's supposed to be. You may not *like* the 'economy', by which people usually mean prices, but it's a free market, it just is what it is.

Doil_Boil
01-02-2017, 08:36 PM
The economy is fine, and is always exactly what it's supposed to be. You may not *like* the 'economy', by which people usually mean prices, but it's a free market, it just is what it is.

You realize people have exploited literally millions of plat onto the server in the past, right? Millions of plat that's likely still floating around. Furthermore, the server was stuck at kunark for far too long resulting in those items being undervalued due to inflated supply. The economy is nowhere close to what it's "supposed" to be.

Doil_Boil
01-02-2017, 09:14 PM
I'd love to see the economy wiped. Kunark loot like Jade Mace should not sell for what it does, and the fact that noobs can get access to such good gear basically invalidates the purpose of 90% of classic content

Totally. Even when I was leveling my first toon before Kunark dropped certain items were far too available. It trivializes the content. I remember starting in 99 and people being all about getting Langseaxes for their warriors up until their 30s. Heck, fine steel and bronze armor was absolute gold for a newbie. On this server half the newbies don't even want your donations if it's not at least what would be bic prekunark

Swish
01-02-2017, 09:35 PM
I had a hard time getting rid of some items in Kelethin to newbies about a month ago...everyone was honest, but ultimately they were twinked :s

Gumbo
01-02-2017, 10:47 PM
I think the only way to fix the problem with newbies being twinked is to have every item set with a level requirement.

That should only take the Mods and Devs the next year or so to do...

fadetree
01-02-2017, 11:22 PM
You realize people have exploited literally millions of plat onto the server in the past, right? Millions of plat that's likely still floating around. Furthermore, the server was stuck at kunark for far too long resulting in those items being undervalued due to inflated supply. The economy is nowhere close to what it's "supposed" to be.

You miss my point, or maybe we just aren't talking about the same thing. 'The economy' is just what it is, it is the result of the amount of supply vs. the amount of demand, scaled by the cash in circulation. It's a machine, it's not good or bad, its just like gravity or any other natural law. To say 'it's bad' or 'it's good' is a value judgement based on some other subjective thing, usually about not liking prices. If you're going to say 'it's nowhere near what it was supposed to be', you have to have a definition of what it was supposed to be. Do you have that?

But yeah, I know its been artificially inflated and what you said about kunark is true, but I bet there is a specific thing you don't like about it that you could explain. Prices too high or low? Some other thing? Availability?

Rainik Stormseeker
01-03-2017, 03:18 AM
Guys - the answer to your frustration about the server economy is to simply roll a new main in Auld Lang Syne ;)

Swish
01-03-2017, 03:48 AM
Guys - the answer to your frustration about the server economy is to simply roll a new main in Auld Lang Syne ;)

lol, smooth link Rainik

DaytonaJoe
01-03-2017, 04:00 AM
You miss my point, or maybe we just aren't talking about the same thing. 'The economy' is just what it is, it is the result of the amount of supply vs. the amount of demand, scaled by the cash in circulation. It's a machine, it's not good or bad, its just like gravity or any other natural law. To say 'it's bad' or 'it's good' is a value judgement based on some other subjective thing, usually about not liking prices. If you're going to say 'it's nowhere near what it was supposed to be', you have to have a definition of what it was supposed to be. Do you have that?

But yeah, I know its been artificially inflated and what you said about kunark is true, but I bet there is a specific thing you don't like about it that you could explain. Prices too high or low? Some other thing? Availability?

I'm not the guy you were addressing, but like many on the server I've also noticed how messed up things are. Years and years of people farming and selling items for cheaper and cheaper has resulted in things like 100pp Wu's Quivering Staffs, 600pp jade maces and lammys, etc. For the average player, this means they can log in and start farming spiders for silk or skeletons for bone chips, and in a single play session be able to afford a weapon that, on live, level 40+ players *might* be able to afford. This results in whole groups of overpowered characters, trivializing a lot of the content. I can't speak for everyone, but one of the main things I love about EQ is how difficult and unforgiving it can be and this economy has reduced that aspect of the game.

clacbec
01-03-2017, 04:44 AM
this economy has reduced that aspect of the game.

so true

Rainik Stormseeker
01-03-2017, 07:22 AM
so true

'Tis the beauty of Auld Lang Syne, where finally seeing a green jade broadsword drop after a week of pulling CoM truly feels epic...come join us in the struggle!

fadetree
01-03-2017, 08:32 AM
I'm not the guy you were addressing, but like many on the server I've also noticed how messed up things are. Years and years of people farming and selling items for cheaper and cheaper has resulted in things like 100pp Wu's Quivering Staffs, 600pp jade maces and lammys, etc. For the average player, this means they can log in and start farming spiders for silk or skeletons for bone chips, and in a single play session be able to afford a weapon that, on live, level 40+ players *might* be able to afford. This results in whole groups of overpowered characters, trivializing a lot of the content. I can't speak for everyone, but one of the main things I love about EQ is how difficult and unforgiving it can be and this economy has reduced that aspect of the game.

Ah, so it's availability. Yeah, I agree. You shouldn't be able to get that kind of stuff so easily and cheaply.

Rainik Stormseeker
01-03-2017, 06:32 PM
lol, smooth link Rainik

Thank ya Swish ;)

schnickusaurus
01-03-2017, 06:43 PM
P99 economy is like a slide for children
Its not sick, its great fun. Dont be boring OP learn to master the slide instead!

Trollhide
01-03-2017, 08:57 PM
Can confirm, joined ALS a little over a week ago as a fresh gnome cleric and I haven't had a desire to log in my other characters a single time since. Young Whirligig is now 15, flexin a shiny brass shield, dwarven ringmail tunic, and working his way toward making his very own suit of banded mail.

Honestly have not had this much fun with P99 since joining almost 3 years ago.