PDA

View Full Version : How do you solo Verina Tomb / Vessel Drozlin?

Swish
01-07-2017, 09:14 AM
Someone got mad in another thread so I thought I'd ask... for all the young enchanters out there including myself (mine is 51 and I need to think about doing them at some point)

What's the best tactics people use? I remember someone charming a certain guard for Verina in Neriak towards the back (near the cultural smith vendor area), his dps wasnt bad but he didnt survive the whole fight.

I take it its something similar for Vessel, who do you charm?

Lets make the enchanter epic a level playing field whether its an A/A enchanter alt or someone in a leveling guild.

Jimjam
01-07-2017, 09:48 AM
Well on blue I guess you could just soul fire that guard if you wanted.

I am guessing you want red info though?

Swish
01-07-2017, 09:50 AM
I'm asking for the wider community. Red not so much an issue as she's usually up and you can just turn up with a crew rather than having to FTE/rush her.

Zekayy
01-07-2017, 10:20 AM
Just get a cleric friend with you charm one of the guards attack ch the guard if it gets low, then kill her win eq

Swish
01-07-2017, 10:24 AM
Just get a cleric friend with you charm one of the guards attack ch the guard if it gets low, then kill her win eq

That's doable and what I did as the cleric with Redwjamz before he "disappeared", but everyone in the other thread talks about soloing her like everyone is at it. The guard at the back of Neriak past the Necro/SK guild area is apparently the best to do it with apparently (not the ones outside the cleric guild)

How is it done? <3

fishingme
01-07-2017, 10:56 AM
Charm, slows, runes, every clicky in your arsenal, buy the cheal items. It's not easy, I dropped verina to 3 % twice before I paid a Lil 55 shaman 4k to give me a hand. I tried to solo vessel but I went unprepared then went back with a team to kill him.

Jimjam
01-07-2017, 11:11 AM
Does she summon? If not, could you memblur the guard for out of combat regen?

sdp00888
01-07-2017, 11:15 AM
Who are you charming to kill VT? She kills the guards to fast

P99Druid
01-07-2017, 11:16 AM
Yeah she summons. Level 60 cleric.

P99Druid
01-07-2017, 11:19 AM
And yes, you charm a level 50 guard, give it proc weapons/haste/boon and pull Verina to zonein to fight her. You will need at least one click of CH for your pet, likely two. If charm breaks you need a wand of allure charge or puppet strings or you're likely dead as well. It's not hard but it isn't easy either, takes luck and preparation, sometimes preparation H after the 5 days of staring at an empty room.

paulgiamatti
01-07-2017, 11:55 AM
Easiest way to kill VT: frantically send /tells to the nearest Torpor shaman and offer compensation.

http://imgur.com/jnhD5JW.png

Burrito
01-07-2017, 04:56 PM
Clickeys and not shit charm luck

Reaper, soulfire backup, wand/strings for instant recharm are the biggest contributors. Can't do 15k HP guards anymore which kind of sucks but give em good weapons and haste.

fastboy21
01-07-2017, 05:05 PM
It's not hard but it isn't easy either, takes luck and preparation, sometimes preparation H after the 5 days of staring at an empty room.

Very clever. I laughed.

pasi
01-07-2017, 05:09 PM
Vessel is just bringing 2 Hasted Troopers to him. Charm one, have the other one rooted (would not recommend mezzing it). Have Bedlam and Rune Up. Have Boltrans, Reoccurring Amnesia, and Memory Flux memmed. Try to use pet back off to blow his summon when your pet starts getting low so that you can channel a Boltrans on your charm dude without him hitting you yet. Your then goal is to blur him before he kills you. Bit of charm luck required, but easy to CR yourself if needed. Alternatively, use a wand of allure.

You can do Verina with CHeal charges, but it's such a high risk mob (on Blue at least) that you're better off just paying for some backup.

Edit: Wasn't aware guards were nerfed? You can grab a level 50 merchant. Merchant NPCs usually have crazy AC for some reason. You'll just have to bring some weapons to itemize em.

Swish
01-07-2017, 09:30 PM
Thanks Pasi, that's good advice.

I agree Verina isn't something I'd want to solo, I certainly don't enjoy using clickies or investing that kind of time for one fight (getting a soulfire, finding puppet strings to borrow from someone etc).

Good replies all around <3

wwoneo
01-08-2017, 08:08 AM

I agree Verina isn't something I'd want to solo, I certainly don't enjoy using clickies or investing that kind of time for one fight (getting a soulfire, finding puppet strings to borrow from someone etc).

You don't need puppet strings. I used wand of allure. They are inexpensive and rechargeable. Very affordable compared to Puppet Strings.

Also, as long as you land slow on verina tomb fairly early in the fight (less than 3 resists), the fight is very easy.

Just make you sure you spam a lot of ToT and Mana Sieve on her so she can't CH at the end. She's a classic mob so she doesn't have a ton of mana and you can easily OOM her before she needs to CH herself.

GL on your encounter.

Tecmos Deception
01-08-2017, 09:35 AM

Don't try to get BDA to help. They'll steal your VT.

#stillbitter

http://s9.postimg.org/dio6csqnz/EQ000357.png

P99Druid
01-08-2017, 11:13 AM

#stillbitter

I'd be bitter too. That's some low shit, although not surprising in the least.

fastboy21
01-08-2017, 11:28 AM
Its a craps shoot. I don't know why you would face track a mob for five irl days without an actual plan for how to kill it if it pops, especially when you know its contested.

P99Druid
01-08-2017, 11:49 AM
Do VD/VT have the highest variance on any spawns on the server? not sure of anything else with a 5 day window.

fastboy21
01-08-2017, 11:54 AM
I don't think the window is actually five days (but I'm honestly unsure...I've heard different numbers ranging from 2-5), I was referring to how long you frequently have to sit there in total. I would usually sit in 12 hour shifts because I knew my guild wouldn't be able to help me if she popped at night. In total time, it took me about 5 days iirc.

P99Druid
01-08-2017, 12:26 PM
When I camped VD he popped at around the 3 day mark, I know VT has taken over 4 days to pop before

Nicoladen
01-09-2017, 05:13 AM
1 charm break and you are probably toast.

She is very magic resistant so slow will not land on her.
Even if you bring a wand of allure and insta recharm you will have built up too much aggro from sieveing / ToT'ing her that your pet will not have the time to regain aggro before you are dead.

I duo'ed her to 30% at some point then she ch'ed (I didn't have mana sieve), got her to 60%, charm broke and I died. Another group of ppl was sitting and watching hoping we would fail and jumped her after killing her ofc.

My advice:
Don't try to solo her - get the ppl there fast for a certain kill. Let your guild /friends know that you are actively camping her and you will need them to move quickly if she pops.

Thats how I eventually got mine - Europa ftw :D

wwoneo
01-09-2017, 06:35 AM
1 charm break and you are probably toast.

She is very magic resistant so slow will not land on her.
Even if you bring a wand of allure and insta recharm you will have built up too much aggro from sieveing / ToT'ing her that your pet will not have the time to regain aggro before you are dead.

I duo'ed her to 30% at some point then she ch'ed (I didn't have mana sieve), got her to 60%, charm broke and I died. Another group of ppl was sitting and watching hoping we would fail and jumped her after killing her ofc.

My advice:
Don't try to solo her - get the ppl there fast for a certain kill. Let your guild /friends know that you are actively camping her and you will need them to move quickly if she pops.

Thats how I eventually got mine - Europa ftw :D

1) She is not that MR resistant at 60. I landed my 2nd slow cast on her on my solo kill, and i've landed it on a first cast for another enchanter I helped out.

2) After you mana sieve and ToT the shit out of her you cast mem blur on her multiple times and it removes all of your built up aggro in case of charm break.

3) Unless there is a raid group WAITING for her to spawn. You'll easily have enough time to charm your pet, give it a ton of -MR from your pet kit, recharm and engage before anyone even gets in the zone to attempt her. So, your charm breaks arent going to be frequent.

My Advice, dont solo her till your 60, but it is definitely doable even without heavy clickies at 60. Don't let the people who don't have the skill to do it deter you from trying.

Nicoladen
01-09-2017, 06:54 AM
1) She is not that MR resistant at 60. I landed my 2nd slow cast on her on my solo kill, and i've landed it on a first cast for another enchanter I helped out.

2) After you mana sieve and ToT the shit out of her you cast mem blur on her multiple times and it removes all of your built up aggro in case of charm break.

3) Unless there is a raid group WAITING for her to spawn. You'll easily have enough time to charm your pet, give it a ton of -MR from your pet kit, recharm and engage before anyone even gets in the zone to attempt her. So, your charm breaks arent going to be frequent.

My Advice, dont solo her till your 60, but it is definitely doable even without heavy clickies at 60. Don't let the people who don't have the skill to do it deter you from trying.

True - I obviously have a lot to learn about soloing still :D

I still say - if you are lucky enough to find her up - alert your guildies but get ready for a solo pull if your friends don't get there in time. sitting at a spawn 2-5 days is insanely lifedraining.

edit: Oh and I didnt land a single slow on her out of my 5 attempts - at lvl 60

Tykain
01-09-2017, 02:55 PM
I don't think the window is actually five days (but I'm honestly unsure...I've heard different numbers ranging from 2-5), I was referring to how long you frequently have to sit there in total. I would usually sit in 12 hour shifts because I knew my guild wouldn't be able to help me if she popped at night. In total time, it took me about 5 days iirc.

I'm pretty sure 2-7 days variance is correct for VT/VD from what i heard and experienced myself. For VT I was lucky as she spawned after just a couple of hours into the window (About 2 days and 5 hours after her last death).
For VD I wasn't so lucky tho as he spawned toward the end of the window +- 6 days after his last death (It was a very very tedious camp i'd never do again)

Uuruk
01-09-2017, 03:33 PM
Can someone just ban this fucking idiot already?

Nexii
01-09-2017, 04:30 PM
Best to not solo. Sock track it and have friends come help.

Pretzel
01-11-2017, 01:50 AM
Lol this post is counterproductive to your red advertising when the way to get your epic means you have to solo since the populations is so low.

Swish
01-14-2017, 02:58 AM
Lol this post is counterproductive to your red advertising when the way to get your epic means you have to solo since the populations is so low.

Actually there's less likelihood I need to solo it on red. She's up :)

mr_jon3s
01-14-2017, 02:03 PM
That's doable and what I did as the cleric with Redwjamz before he "disappeared", but everyone in the other thread talks about soloing her like everyone is at it. The guard at the back of Neriak past the Necro/SK guild area is apparently the best to do it with apparently (not the ones outside the cleric guild)

How is it done? <3

Redwjamz came to the dark side and plays phinny.

Emmin
01-19-2017, 01:57 PM
I can confirm that Vessel is easily duoable by two enchanters. Feyenu and I went down there this morning with two charmed guards and owned him. Fight took under a minute. I tried to land 5 slows during the fight, but all were resisted. So he's probably unslowable like others have claimed.

He could probably be soloed if you didn't have a charm break during the fight. I felt kind of bad for the tracker down there that was asleep at his computer, though. For anyone else caring to track him, he was killed around 8:30 AM EST this morning.

Zorlon
01-20-2017, 12:49 AM
I solo'd Vessel down to about 15% when my charm broke and I wasn't able to recover, but I did not have a Wand of Allure at the time, which I have now. I used 1 Reaper charge for the pet, a few Runes, and 3 clicks of wort total. I wasn't able to slow him, but he is stunnable. I basically just used Runes/Bedlam and moved in-and-out of melee range to take aggro and throw stuns. I haven't tracked him since then which was a few months ago but if I ever get another shot I've no doubt I'll win.

syztem
01-20-2017, 04:40 AM
I understand this is about charming to kill it solo, but a monk/shm combo can duo both these mobs, even easier ide imagine with velious gear now.

zanderklocke
01-27-2017, 06:31 PM

#stillbitter

Hey Tecmos,

Remember when I was in Flawless Victory and my guild petitioned A-Team saying they KSed our Verina, even though Drippin probably just FD'ed aggro at the encounter I was at.

Was it yours or Nordenwatch's epic that got removed?

Tecmos Deception
01-29-2017, 09:00 PM
Hey Tecmos,

Remember when I was in Flawless Victory and my guild petitioned A-Team saying they KSed our Verina, even though Drippin probably just FD'ed aggro at the encounter I was at.

Was it yours or Nordenwatch's epic that got removed?

Nah, wasn't mine. We got Tecmos's VT with no competition after a like 18-20ish hour poopsock in the latter half of a VT window on a weekend my wife/kids were out of town. Iirc other trackers logged in but would camp when they saw we had a force to kill VT (clr, ench, war at least) sitting there instead of just a solo chanter or lvl 1 dark elf.

India's trivia and naps with log readers set to watch for Verona casting buffs got us through...Lol.