PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever considered

Swish
01-14-2017, 04:01 AM
Alternative leveling paths? KC is still a shitfest with 4-5 pullers all waiting for something to pull. I imagine Sebilis can be busy enough still that jail is camped and people are sat LFG at the zone in for an hour or more.

If you are the type to take an alternative path, where do you go? Do you ever feel like those alternative areas are overcrowded?

Remember you make more XP in a Velious zone than you do with an LFG tag on waiting for a spot to open in a group <3

Thread inspired by someone mentioning Crystal Caverns, haven't been in there at all yet on P99

darkreap
01-14-2017, 04:36 AM
Just decided to move my toons over to seb from KC. Been having luck with groups recently, however, the lack of mobs is getting tiresome. I haven't hunted in velks much but from last I was there, it seemed you needed to bring your own group. Is this still the case? I would be interested in finding some 55+ leveling zones where you can put a LFG tag up in because KC is getting a little old.

Swish
01-14-2017, 09:28 AM
That's the thing, a lot of people are Velious geared, and well geared by the time they get to KC/Sebilis...so mobs are dying fast, putting more strain on these zones.

Obviously people can get HS keyed and lead a group in there, the Hole gets kinda slow after 54-55, and Velks is slow as hell on red so I'm sure its no better on blue.

Tecmos Deception
01-14-2017, 10:54 AM
Alternative leveling paths? KC is still a shitfest with 4-5 pullers all waiting for something to pull. I imagine Sebilis can be busy enough still that jail is camped and people are sat LFG at the zone in for an hour or more.

If you are the type to take an alternative path, where do you go? Do you ever feel like those alternative areas are overcrowded?

Remember you make more XP in a Velious zone than you do with an LFG tag on waiting for a spot to open in a group <3

Thread inspired by someone mentioning Crystal Caverns, haven't been in there at all yet on P99

Hence my solo videos! I was trying to show a bunch of underutilized spots that are good, fun spots!

Kaedain
01-14-2017, 10:59 AM
Do people not camp the upper dogs with the tents in Velks on the server ?? Remember that being a pretty sweet spot

Squabbles123
01-14-2017, 11:28 AM
I tried for a few days to get MM groups in my mid/high 20's and often sat for awhile with no group...

Eventually I got fed up and decided to try out Splitpaw, found a good group of people and for a few days straight we basically had the place to ourselves (mostly), got about 8 levels in there in a few days, including powering through 30 in a single day (thanks x-mas bonus!). Also made tons of money as the Gnolls drop lots of Ringmail and FS Weapons, hundreds of PP a day + levels.

I'll probably try to get into Paw for this range from this point forward, its much nicer to have a place to yourself than to sit for hours waiting for a group.

Landael
01-14-2017, 01:10 PM
During bonus afew of us did some exping in Velks for sure, I stayed there on my ranger for most of the bonus Days, sometimes there was a PUG going. Have had some instances where we build Groups in KC entrance and then take them to either velks or chardok too, its so refreshing being in those underutilized zones.

Did UD (the dogs in tents mentioned) with a great Awakened bard pulling and CCing last week or so, fairly odd class setup Group, was all sorts of fun =)

fadetree
01-14-2017, 01:26 PM
During several trips to 60 over the years, I have only visited KC and Seb a few times. I have never done any serious grinding in there. I do like CoM, and I've spent a ton there. Blackburrow, WK, Kedge, Befallen, Splitpaw, TD Spirocs, EK, Highpass, the Guks, FV, WL, Dalnir, Warsliks, LOIO, Kaesora, Eastern & Western wastes, CC.

Vallanor
01-14-2017, 01:28 PM
Go Lower Guk to mid-50s then move to Kedge! LGuk usually has a few solid groups going. Kedge is a bring your own group situation, but it's a ton of fun and the exp is pretty hard to beat.

Velious zones are great too, but if your goal is to level as fast as possible, they're not the best. If you don't mind taking your time (and why not, it's not like the end game is really something to look forward to) zones like Velks are fantastic.

Sorn
01-14-2017, 01:53 PM
Been rocking Chardok with friends throughout 58 and 59!

Also, I will forever ignore everyone who's told me to go to bear pits to reach 60. There's no one to laugh at my jokes down there :|

Shodo
01-14-2017, 03:32 PM
Can confirm Chardok is amazing XP for a trio or group of 55+. Not as good as seb or HS for cash drops, but for XP it was waaaay better in my experience.

Issar
01-14-2017, 03:42 PM

Also, I will forever ignore everyone who's told me to go to bear pits to reach 60. There's no one to laugh at my jokes down there :|

Joke tellers, story tellers, and RPers make for the best group mates.

Dreenk317
01-15-2017, 12:12 AM

I just tell my jokes in ooc while in the pits. The random "lol"'s on every fifth joke make it worth it.

As far as exp goes though. I love me some unrest. Lvl 10-40 in there then go have fun everywhere else that isn't KC

Swish
01-16-2017, 10:14 AM
KC would be manageable if the mob spawn times were changed, but that wouldn't be classic etc :p

EQBallzz
01-16-2017, 11:16 AM
I think there are much better alternate paths in the lower to mid range than there are in the late game. We have been frequenting places like Dalnir, Nurga and Droga with guild groups and the XP is fantastic. Not to mention the places are usually empty so no fighting over spawns. Loot isn't too shabby, either.

Once you get into the 40's the options start getting worse and 50+ just seems sorta bad. CoM is pretty good for a while I guess but can be crowded. Lguk is pretty good but the better camps are frequently taken.

Kedge - Over the bonus week for Christmas we did a guild group here and the XP was amazing. If you can deal with the challenges of Kedge it's worth it. Even killing at a slow/moderate pace is good XP. If you are able to pull/kill fast it would be insane.

Velks - I have done frenzy group and the loot was nice but the XP was just awful. I mean really bad if you are in 51+ hell.

KC - Good if you can find a group and the zone isn't overcrowded (good luck with that).

Chardok - Surprisingly this was pretty bad, too. I think we may have been a tad low for Chardok so it's probably better for 55+ since you can kill faster and more easily go deeper in. I remember Chardok being great XP on live but my memory may be wrong. We went in with people around 50 and stayed near the castle entrance. We were managing but those casters were fucking us up pretty bad so our kill efficiency wasn't great.

The Hole - Not too bad and usually isn't crowded (although it was during XP bonus since people were desperate for any un-taken camps anywhere). Still a fun zone though so worth checking out if you can get your melee out when you leave.

Seb - I have a Seb key but haven't even tried this yet. All I hear about Seb is that it's overcrowded so it sounds like KC ver2. Probably going to wait until I'm closer to 55 before even heading in there. I always loved Seb on live so it will be disappointing if it turns out to be like KC.

HS - I think HS is probably the best XP spot post 50 but if you are melee without a hammer or porter it's a serious PITA. I guess that's good because it keeps the place largely un-camped.

Triiz
01-16-2017, 02:30 PM
Good idea for a thread.

KC has to be the most over rated zone ever. Everyone I know that levels there seems to level slow as hell. I don't have any suggestions really that haven't been mentioned, but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to bash KC.

I leveled my main from like 52ish-60 mostly in WL (suits and geo's), although a lot of it was solo or duo but that was mostly due to the fact the zone would be mostly empty outside of faction groups. I found the "omg velious xp is so bad mobs are so hard!" to be a huge exaggeration.

I also did some Chardok groups when I could bring my own group and found it to be great xp and a lot of fun.

It seems like 90% of people on p99 are afraid to venture outside of the MM/COM/KC path. I thought the AOE nerf would liven up Chardok but I've never seen more than 2 xp groups in there at once. Such a shame.

SG is a zone I would love to check out if I could ever get enough people interested. I'd rather die a few times having fun than sit in KC LFG for hours.

Edit: Eqballzz, Chardok can be rough but next time take a class that can stun to interrupt on demand. A bard that starts to cast mez (or Denon's if they're 59+) as soon as the mob casts can interrupt 90% of them. Once you get around that it's pretty smooth sailing if the puller is good.

Sorn
01-16-2017, 02:47 PM
I just tell my jokes in ooc while in the pits. The random "lol"'s on every fifth joke make it worth it.

My standards for audiences are too high for a random lol every fifth joke.

My charmed pet in Chardok is named Killer and people love my amazing DPS and with multiple necros and a warrior and rogue, I can be main healer and charm stuff without being desperate for mana more than 20% of the time! :D Plus at least 1 person laughs at my jokes every time I make one!

btw did you know all the dogs in Chardok are female? /fundruidfacts

Mortiis
01-16-2017, 04:24 PM
Swish,

My lady and I have done that very thing. With each set of toons we take different leveling paths to explore as much of the game as possible.
With the help of Dial a Port there's no reason not to see everything.

-These three are probably the most played out of all zones: Unrest, MM, CoM.

-Places like Dalnir, Blackburrow (we only roll evil aligned, so this was new to us), Befallen, ToFS, Droga/Nurga, Kurns, etc.

Still have several places left to visit.