PDA

View Full Version : 90% REZ + Symbols/RESO = 150pp

Ashimar
01-27-2011, 01:02 PM
I just wanted to get peoples thoughts on paying 150p for a REZ with RESO/Symbols. Think its a little stiff? i've done it a few times and
its left me broke as a joke before, but to be honest i saved up thousands
of plat for stuff like this, but if you do it enough times the cleric will
remember you and put you at high priority for their services
when you need them, thats the upside.

And for the Druids ... someone said they wouldnt accept
20p for a port. I think thats fair, between 20-50p.
People are always needing ports and there is no shortage
of money to be made by this class. Just sayin'.

karsten
01-27-2011, 01:10 PM
a year ago i would regularly pay 300 to 400pp per rez, just ask bubbles

Droxx
01-27-2011, 01:15 PM
a year ago i would regularly pay 300 to 400pp per rez, just ask bubbles

QFT! I've payed up to 2k for a batch of rezzes. Back in our day, rez timers lasted the entire length of the corpse though. Right Karsten? <3

Nocte
01-27-2011, 02:02 PM
I'd like it if I could get over 75pp for rezzes on a regular basis. All too often I log in and someone asks for a rez in LGuk, so I run down and one corpse winds up being two corpses. After rezzing them both I get like 30pp and a "thx."

captainspauldin
01-27-2011, 02:17 PM
im pretty sure it would be fair to charge people 50-100pp for a rez, but this one guy....we brought him 2 corpses of same guy, wouldnt rez second corpse till we paid him more, asked for a deal on a 3rd corpse 10 mins later, wouldnt respond. i just thought it was kinda bs.

as a druid, i only get 10-15pp for a port usually, thats when they pay lol. for buffs they handin me 5-15pp.

rarely ill get a 30 or 50pp tip, like 1 in 10 or more. usually always hard to find a C, if i do its cuz im shouting paying 50pp. yet ill give out free cr ports, free sow n buffs etc etc...

and a cleric cant rez me? for less than a total ripoff when hes standing right infront of me and shouting "rez's for 100pp each", and wont even respond to my tells asking for maby a discount of the 3rd corpse. runs off instead of letting me just pay him the full price.

but, i'll never do anything for that guy so he better not come lookin for somethin.

Harrison
01-27-2011, 02:19 PM
I was a cleric for years and I never once charged for clicking a fucking spell icon. (that goes for any class)

Charging when you have to run across zones upon zones? Sure.

Charging when it's right at your feet as you sit at IZ doing nothing? You're a douche.

inyane
01-27-2011, 02:21 PM
to be fair, those 90% rez's eat up a ton of mana. one of the reasons i think the cleric epic is the greatest thing ever :)

aggresor223
01-27-2011, 02:31 PM
700 mana for a 90% rez, a decent level 50 cleric has 2100/2200 mana he can do 3 rezes then med to full for 15 minutes(what seems much longer) I think clerics that outright won't rez people unless payed is dumb but you have to look at it there way. My cleric gets tells everytime he zones in to a dungeon, Usually I will help free of charge if I am not busy. I think 150p is good if he is there in the zone, your paying more if you make the cleric come to you. And don't expect a symbol of naltron, clerics have hard enough time making money without having to toss out dots with rezzes. =)

hedbonker
01-27-2011, 03:46 PM
I don't set an amount for a rez. Folks have been very fair with me. If I get 100p or more I will symbol if you want it. It's about 12p per cast so no biggie if you paid me for the rez. If someone pays me for a rez and I run to a dungeon to do it and you died there you will get it for free. Unless I have to run somewhere, it's free. Someone else paid me to run to your dungeon but you need a rez there too? Cool, you scored a free one since someone already paid me to run there.

A rez is more typically: rez (700) + Superior heal as soon as rez is taken (250). So 950 per rez is more accurate without buffs...

Noser
01-27-2011, 04:04 PM
Back when the server first came out people would offer 1k+ plat for resses in splitpaw.. quite regularly.

vitalious
01-27-2011, 06:17 PM
I was logging in late at night to do rezzes to get cash to twinkle an alt when I'm in ec and get a tell from a guy asking if I can come rez him in lrathe. So I head over by foot and when I get there he has 22 corpses. Apparently he bound at the aviack tower and got in a death loop due to the named goblin. Well, 22 corpses turned into 25 when he died to the same job as I ask medded. After like 2-3 hours he gives me 500pp. Never again I said.

Cars
01-27-2011, 06:50 PM
This is always a funny subject to me. I play primarily with RL friends and one of them is a cleric and one of them is a chanter. As a Paladin you wouldn't think that clerics getting bothered for rezzes and chanters getting bothered for clarity and haste would bother me but... It drives me BAT SHIT CRAZY when my friends are peacing out every two seconds to help people and it drives me even crazier when they dont get tipped for it.

When you are asking for these services, especially through /tells because that person clearly isnt directly in front of you doing nothing, you should know that you are interrupting something and tip accordingly. We have lost camps because another group will beat us to an open Frenzy camp or freeti because my cleric and/or Chanter was LOM because they were being helpful and got served a "thx" or that one rez on dead side turned into 2 or 3 rezzes in the middle of the maze live side from someone that didnt know the zone and cant /loc before he dies.

I am all for helping people out, and I understand that dieing sucks or that you could be killing stuff faster if you were buffed... That said, these things are luxuries and you do not need a rez every single time you fucking die and you dont need a chanter thats twice your level there to refresh your buffs every time they fade. Anybody that has played on this server for a long time has had to earn their levels and abilities and shouldn't be required to wipe your ass for you just cause they're around and can do it. What would you require as payment for wiping someones ass?? maybe ask yourself that before you serve someone a "thx" next time or better yet, before you even look at your empty wallet and beg for services.

/rant off

Lazortag
01-27-2011, 06:51 PM
I pay 75p per 90% rez, sometimes more if there's more work involved. I also manasong the cleric to make things easier. There are some arseholes who inflate their prices purposely though. I always find it amusing when clerics categorically refuse to charge any lower than 150 plat per corpse, and then spend 2 hours doing nothing, making no money at all, and wondering why no one wants to buy a rez from them. It's not only douchey, it's inefficient!

Cars
01-27-2011, 07:04 PM
The only time I get rezzed is a) When I am raiding (clearly) b) When I am a super douche and die continents away from where I am bound (Which I tip accordingly for) or c) when a cleric offers or my buddies are playing and its not inconvenient. I dont understand why anyone lvl 1-30 can't swallow the loss of a death and just grind it out. and even when it is offered I will usually throw 50-75p their way. 150p for a rez seems outrageous to me right now if that cleric didnt have to travel to the corpse. However when Kunark comes out and a single death can set you back 2 hours or more, I might be singing a different tune.

JayDee
01-27-2011, 08:26 PM
I tell them ill pay 1k

Then I go LD after the res and return in a few hours when they forget about me

Uaellaen
01-27-2011, 08:43 PM
i only take donations above 100pp, everything below i do for free ;)

Bubbles
01-28-2011, 02:22 AM
lol @ Karsten. I swear some of those poor lower guk groups you made thought we were in cahoots with one another.

Man it sucked back then when like me and Zexa and Tild and Matahari's wife were the only ones who even had 49 rez. And all those poor bastards in banded armor were dropping like flies. To this day I avoid SolA like the plague just from the memories of logging in, and doing at least 3-4 hours of resses at the SolA and SolB zonelines before actually "playing". And no one really had money back then so the whole 'donation' thing was the exception as opposed to the 'norm'.

But yeah, i've never really charged for resses.. And it cuts both ways, cuz the guy flipping you 17pp *really* wants to show his appreciation for your kindness, so it's almost insulting to not take it.. so meh..

Clerics and druwizards don't even belong in the same conversation. One is giving back 5+ hours of your life back with the click of a button, the other is saving your lazy ass a 10 minute hike across a few zones. And yeah,eff symbol.. But 700 to res, 110 for resolution,and another 250 to pop a sup heal on top of it, cuz not healing someone to full just doesn't feel right. So 1k mana vs. the 450 it takes to gate, port and gate back doesn't really compare.

The funny thing is most clerics *don't* charge cuz dicks don't play clerics in general. Your more mercenary folks play the druids and enchanters and such with profit in mind from day one. ;)

William_Munny15
01-28-2011, 02:58 AM
I understand that it's twice as much mana for a rez than for a port, but honestly, YOU want or "need" the rez or port, then you send the tell for one, I will do it for whatever price I feel like, whether or not you think it's a douchey price, It's MY price, not what u think is fair for the situation. Don't lose sight of the face that it's THERE ability, that you don't have, so when they say only for this amount, it isn't a douche move, it's just they really would rather not do it for any other price.

Omnimorph
01-28-2011, 07:25 AM
I understand that it's twice as much mana for a rez than for a port, but honestly, YOU want or "need" the rez or port, then you send the tell for one, I will do it for whatever price I feel like, whether or not you think it's a douchey price, It's MY price, not what u think is fair for the situation. Don't lose sight of the face that it's THERE ability, that you don't have, so when they say only for this amount, it isn't a douche move, it's just they really would rather not do it for any other price.

Capslockinging one word in your post for emphasis...but misspelling it for the lose?

And it's simple enough, if a cleric is bothered about how much they're going to be paid for running through a few zones to rez someone, agree to a price before hand. You either rez someone as favour and the donation is whatever they feel like donating. Or it's a service, that you're selling and it's a price that they agree upon.

A lot of people band around the term "donation" in order to get more business and the possibility of someone over paying. But then when people underpay what you consider the minimum you complain.

You can't have it both ways.

mimixownzall
01-28-2011, 08:20 AM
Bad grammar, not bad spelling.

Rhambuk
01-28-2011, 08:44 AM
I love the noobs that will sit in ec for HOURS donating for a 90 rez, because it's obviously faster to get a 90 Rez than run 2 zones and go back to exping. There used to be a lot more clerics doing free rezzes but after a few angry clerics started sending hateful tells about the free rezzers ruining " their" business I've been seeing fewer and fewer people shouting out free rezzes

Messianic
01-28-2011, 12:03 PM
I love the noobs that will sit in ec for HOURS donating for a 90 rez, because it's obviously faster to get a 90 Rez than run 2 zones and go back to exping. There used to be a lot more clerics doing free rezzes but after a few angry clerics started sending hateful tells about the free rezzers ruining " their" business I've been seeing fewer and fewer people shouting out free rezzes

I got tells complaining that I was underselling people on handmade backpacks...

Promptly ignored.

Lumathix
01-30-2011, 04:26 PM
It doesn't take level 49 to port or cast C or a DS.
It does take level 49 to cast a 90% rez.

If you don't feel like paying for a 90%, then don't ask for one.

Get over it.

(That being said, if a corpse was at my feet, I'd rez no problem and not expect a thing back. But I've run across zones multiple times to rez some stranger that promised to tip, and got like 20pp. So all of you bitching about rezes actually being worth something, stfu and roll your own damned cleric.)

Jadian
01-30-2011, 08:30 PM
I must have paid thousands to Noser and Nizzar in SolA/B when I was leveling up. But I'm a mage so all my leveling was solo and I had cash to burn for the exp I was getting back.

Now I don't even accept 90% rez's so it seems like I'm actually doing something more when I'm camping some loot item (FBSS, SMR, whatever) other than just /pet attack every 28 minutes. I almost lost a whole level the other day(s) taking 0% rez's while raiding and had it all back in about 3 hours at the Frenzied Ghoul camp.

zahlia
01-31-2011, 03:20 AM
There used to be a lot more clerics doing free rezzes but after a few angry clerics started sending hateful tells about the free rezzers ruining " their" business I've been seeing fewer and fewer people shouting out free rezzes

I getted few angry tells 'bout ruinin' business. It liddle bit silly though, cuz dere will allays be more squishded folks. I usedta rezrez lots an' lots, but now it seem like dere so manymany clerics 'round dat folks not even needs rez when I offers! I can do rez runs 'gain though, iffin squishded folks not findin' so much helps.