PDA

View Full Version : Would they ever consider a fresh server?

CroixRaoul
01-20-2017, 12:39 PM
I'm sure this idea has been out there a lot, i'm just curious if there's ever been official word on it? This server has been out so long, as someone who joined late 2016, it'd be really cool to see a fresh server.

Skinned
01-20-2017, 12:44 PM
I'm good on that.

xKoopa
01-20-2017, 12:45 PM
Once the current beta server finishes the plan is to release a new server with accurate timeline on patches

Daldaen
01-20-2017, 12:55 PM
Once the current beta server finishes the plan is to release a new server with accurate timeline on patches

There is a reason Velious Beta forums are still up.

Live Velious never launched. They just kept a DB backup of the last day of Kunark, and claimed Velious launched so that people would extensively beta test it.

Once the timeline is finished they'll revert to their backup data and launch Velious so that we can experience it all as intended. With fixed AE resists, no binding in dungeons, lazy aggro, etc.

Necrostoner
01-20-2017, 12:58 PM
There is a reason Velious Beta forums are still up.

Live Velious never launched. They just kept a DB backup of the last day of Kunark, and claimed Velious launched so that people would extensively beta test it.

Once the timeline is finished they'll revert to their backup data and launch Velious so that we can experience it all as intended. With fixed AE resists, no binding in dungeons, lazy aggro, etc.

Trolling? Or serious? Maybe im tripping right now?

Heavenzoutcast
01-20-2017, 01:12 PM
Question is, what class would people roll first on fresh server?

Whirled
01-20-2017, 01:30 PM

The same class of people that play here now that poopsock & FTE Circle yank.
O wait, you meant... nm.

Danth
01-20-2017, 01:36 PM

P99 was fresh at one time! Class breakdown, overall, was broadly similar to how it is at present with only relatively minor differences. In particular I recollect seeing somewhat more Mages than now because Magicians are proportionally more powerful at 50 than they are at 60 (the minority who have the epic pet notwithstanding). Hybrids were at the bottom of the popularity list, just like now. Druids and Necromancers and solo classes in general were popular, as always.

Danth

Zekayy
01-20-2017, 06:40 PM
Sirken confirmed on his podcast few years back that they will make a new server once p99 is finished with all of its updates, and patches and what not. it will start from classic and go to velious then merge with the blue server when its done so that the population increases then it starts over again. they will be calling it p99 green from what I heard on his podcast

Pokesan
01-20-2017, 06:45 PM

dark elf shadowknight

CroixRaoul
01-20-2017, 06:51 PM
I'd love to see the green server. I never played EQ in its hayday, and i'd love to see something at least similar. I'd probably roll a Dwarvern Paladin. The warriors got a lil boring for me around 25, just because i had 0 variety in what I could do, just auto hit and sit back, lol.

Hevie
01-20-2017, 06:59 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187033

Hopefully a fresh server will get at least this right.

Ivory
01-20-2017, 07:00 PM
Max level 39!! Rawrarhghghgh!

Swish
01-20-2017, 09:22 PM
Make kerrans a playable race for custom content <3

Also if we restarted I'd probably pick a class I've never played properly...maybe a ranger. Imagine that. Leveling an untwinked ranger :o

Gumbo
01-20-2017, 10:02 PM
20 days into January and here comes all the "when will we see a fresh server" and the "what class will people first role on a fresh server" posts...

How about if we get a "fresh" server than all the items that are currently banned now or have been changed (Manastone, 'Guiser Mask) are already banned or changed.

Haynar
01-20-2017, 10:04 PM
20 days into January and here comes all the "when will we see a fresh server" and the "what class will people first role on a fresh server" posts...

We need a good thread about Luclin. Haven't had one in a few weeks.

DudeStop
01-20-2017, 10:21 PM

Does that include having to stare at the book to meditate? How did that work, anyway? I played a wizard at original launch and remember having to stare at my book. was there book staring at p99's launch? when was that patched out?

Swish
01-20-2017, 10:56 PM
Does that include having to stare at the book to meditate? How did that work, anyway? I played a wizard at original launch and remember having to stare at my book. was there book staring at p99's launch? when was that patched out?

P99 has changed a lot since 2010 when I started. It runs off the Titanium client so the UI has never been the classic small window/big chat box here. Would be nice for some to see it but I don't think it'll happen. To that end we've never had a spell book with a "meditate" button.

We have had target con color rings removed, as well as con color from the target bar, the compass, and a few quirky things that got missed.

In the opposite direction, classic NPC models were put in... day 1 here for me there were some newer skellie models that slid along rather than walked, and oversized wolves. Those have been changed to the classic wolves we remember and skeletons too :p

Hundreds of other examples I'm sure, those are just the ones that are at the top of my head.

Bazia
01-20-2017, 11:15 PM
was everyone else just not here over a year ago when daybreak gave P99 blessing to exist but not to start new servers as to compete with their assembly line of prog servers (New one coming this summer btw)

as long as daybreak are making money from new prog servers there wont be a new p99 server

yes faggots playing on live prog servers have destroyed the game by motivating daybreak to protect their "still" profitable IP

schnickusaurus
01-21-2017, 05:08 AM
I would level 16-20 to get some gazughi rings then permanently hit EC tunnel and enjoy it bigtime

Skinned
01-21-2017, 11:09 AM
If it was a new server I would make a human cleric of Bertox.

My first few months in p99 I stared at the book to meditate. I didn't know any better. I asked someone what level I needed to be to not have to stare at the book anymore because I had forgotten, and they were like what? Lol.

Swish
01-21-2017, 12:12 PM
was everyone else just not here over a year ago when daybreak gave P99 blessing to exist but not to start new servers as to compete with their assembly line of prog servers (New one coming this summer btw)

as long as daybreak are making money from new prog servers there wont be a new p99 server

yes faggots playing on live prog servers have destroyed the game by motivating daybreak to protect their "still" profitable IP

I don't know if that was said as such, thought it was just a Velious delay due to DB launching a TLP server at a similar time.

Bazia
01-21-2017, 01:56 PM
you understand the legal ramifications of not enforcing your IP right?

they got a whole lot more than delaying velious for 3 months

Zekayy
01-21-2017, 02:18 PM
You can still look at your book to meditate once you create your toon you have a button on your hotbar called spells you press that it brings up your spells and sits you down you're welcome