PDA

View Full Version : [wiki] How food and drink works

epicentre
01-28-2011, 09:05 AM
I'm trying to sell stat food in the tunnel, but nobody understands why he should buy expensive food that will be consumed within 2 hours. So I wrote something in the new P99 wiki explaining how food works, hoping to have a sales boost :D :

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Food_and_drink

Feel free to edit that page, english isn't my mother tongue. The infos are right and everyone should be able to understand the meaning, I just need some more practise writing english.

If you love it, gimme SoW, clarity, port me everywhere for free.

Or maybe not :o

Messianic
01-28-2011, 09:09 AM
There are crafted foods available in classic that provide stats?

If so, i'd add a list of the ones that provide stats to this wiki...

Reemer
01-28-2011, 09:21 AM
looks good except -

As said before, the game will locate the next piece of wood as soon as your stomach is empty.

should say 'food'

Good wiki addition imo.

-Reemer

Mcbard
01-28-2011, 12:13 PM
What is the best classic available food? I remember on live I always used Misty Thicket Picnics and Kaladim Constitutionals (I remember lots of people using Halas Meat pies as well), but I'm not sure those are classic as I think both may have trivialed above 200.

So what is the best food/drink on the market at the moment, and will that change with Kunark or Velious?

Seaweedpimp
01-28-2011, 12:23 PM
Probably fizzlecutter 4000 or whatever its called.
Jumjum juice is an enduring drink aswell.
Cant go wrong with iron rations.

Mcbard
01-28-2011, 12:25 PM
Do you mean to say that there are no statistic enhancing drinks in Classic-Velious? I personally don't care about how long they last, just looking for the best stat enhancers.

Seaweedpimp
01-28-2011, 12:29 PM
There are slight stat enhancing food now, but its not supposed to be classic. Not the crafted kind. you can make them though.

nilbog
01-28-2011, 12:31 PM
Those like.. +1 foods might have been available. I don't know the dates on them.

The picnics and kaladim drinks are from Luclin.

The best stat food I can think of by the end of Velious was the sandwich of foul smelling herbs (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=6838), which I used as a range slot item for +50hp. This wasn't introduced until the end of velious, with the chardok revamp/shortly before Luclin.

Here is some additional information about food/drink I came across a while ago:

http://web.archive.org/web/20001011225517/www2.eqvault.com/guidebook/adventuring/food.shtml

Rasah
01-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Anybody know when the plains pebbles became stackable? I remember lucky cabbage being a good food, but it takes imbued plains pebbles which 1) the spell isn't available yet, and 2) who's going to keep an unstackable plains pebble?

Messianic
01-28-2011, 12:44 PM
who's going to keep an unstackable plains pebble?

Me.

I'm a packrat...

SirAlvarex
01-28-2011, 03:06 PM
Anybody know when the plains pebbles became stackable? I remember lucky cabbage being a good food, but it takes imbued plains pebbles which 1) the spell isn't available yet, and 2) who's going to keep an unstackable plains pebble?

They used to be stackable, but it wasn't classic. They'll be stackable again (I think, maybe only the imbued ones will be) when imbue is introduced, so Kunark.

dredge
01-28-2011, 03:26 PM

guineapig
01-28-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm trying to sell stat food in the tunnel, but nobody understands why he should buy expensive food that will be consumed within 2 hours. So I wrote something in the new P99 wiki explaining how food works, hoping to have a sales boost :D :

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Food_and_drink

Feel free to edit that page, english isn't my mother tongue. The infos are right and everyone should be able to understand the meaning, I just need some more practise writing english.

If you love it, gimme SoW, clarity, port me everywhere for free.

Or maybe not :o

Yeah, hate to tell you this but all food and drink durations are the same in Classic -Velious. The durations were changed based on food type when they introduced all the new stat food recipes in Luclin. I know it sounds crazy but it's true.

APRIL 17, 2001
Food Changes:

* Food items now have a 'duration'. This means that some food items will not sustain a character as long as others, and some items will sustain your character longer than they did before.

In other words, the p99 wiki should not have a page on food durations. It's like including Luclin tradeskill recipes.

Messianic
01-28-2011, 04:28 PM
In other words, the p99 wiki should not have a page on food durations. It's like including Luclin tradeskill recipes.

Are food durations varied on this server? If not, I'm no longer buying Iron Rations =P

Uthgaard
01-28-2011, 04:39 PM
When I redid the tradeskills, I removed the stats from the most overpowered food items, and made them no-rent to wipe them from the server. I didn't see enough benefit for the time investment to go through and remove stats and standardize durations on all food and drink in the game. In the meanwhile, grats on your bonus 1 wisdom from your paladin pickles and long duration fuzzlecutter 5000.

Messianic
01-29-2011, 12:53 PM
When I redid the tradeskills, I removed the stats from the most overpowered food items, and made them no-rent to wipe them from the server. I didn't see enough benefit for the time investment to go through and remove stats and standardize durations on all food and drink in the game. In the meanwhile, grats on your bonus 1 wisdom from your paladin pickles and long duration fuzzlecutter 5000.

Oh Uthgaard, you're so sweet

Bigcountry23
02-27-2011, 10:25 PM

Fizzlecutter 5000 is used for Raincaller. Currently the quest is broken without them.

bizzum
02-28-2011, 12:24 AM
http://bp0.blogger.com/_2RrhdyJFL5g/ReJcY10xpyI/AAAAAAAAAGg/_vVdr6d4FZU/s320/DSCN1643.JPG

http://bp3.blogger.com/_2RrhdyJFL5g/ReJcxl0xpzI/AAAAAAAAAGo/sH2nvm6A5lg/s320/DSCN1642.JPG

Where is the end pic with a 3/4 empty crave case and you on the floor and shit everywhere?!