PDA

View Full Version : Raise KT faction?

Pope Hat
01-21-2017, 03:12 AM
Hallo all,

What is a good way to raise King Tormax faction? I'm guessing killing Dain and Yelinak are huge hits - but what if that isn't really an option? Murder Icewell Keep? Are there any decent quests to do? Will I already have to be amiable or something to do those quests?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Masakizt
01-21-2017, 03:27 AM
Turn in Coldain heads and/or kill Royals in Icewell keep..

Pope Hat
01-21-2017, 04:28 AM
What level of faction do you have to have to turn in the heads? Could I do it while FD? (forget if you can turn in stuff while fd)

Jimjam
01-21-2017, 06:02 AM
I got 3 velks, 2 yelinak and a dain (might not have got the hit on dain) on my rallos zek warrior and still scowls (not killed an giants beside velk). Seems slow to raise, even with a few big boss hits.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/faction.html?faction=193 lists a lot of live values for faction hits. Possibly similar here.

Also, turning in Lord Yelinak's head apparently +500 and can be done with dubious (but he won't give quest text), from Zam: Confirmed can be done at Dubious. He won't give you the quest text, but just turn in the head anyway.

Your faction standing with King Tormax has been adjusted by 500.
Your faction standing with Kromzek has been adjusted by 483. (I'm now max ally, guildie said theirs was 500)
Your faction standing with Yelinak could not possibly get any worse. (Assuming its -250 like Dain)
Your faction standing with Dain Frostreaver IV has been adjusted by -250.
You gain experience!!

Pope Hat
01-21-2017, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the info.

Jimjam - that doesn't give me much hope :(

Freakish
01-21-2017, 02:15 PM
Yelinak gives a small faction hit here. It was a bug from live that they carried over. Iirc its only +75 whereas dain is +750. Royal guards in icewell are 25 each. You either turn in heads or you kill dain a couple times until your faction is good.

Ella`Ella
01-21-2017, 02:20 PM
Hallo all,

What is a good way to raise King Tormax faction? I'm guessing killing Dain and Yelinak are huge hits - but what if that isn't really an option? Murder Icewell Keep? Are there any decent quests to do? Will I already have to be amiable or something to do those quests?

Thanks for any suggestions!

It is an option. I'm sure a guild killing these big targets won't mind someone coming by, cansting somthing with little aggro and then just hanging right til the mob dies and you get the faction hit.

Awakened probably won't let you, but any civilized and capable guild won't care.

Erati
01-21-2017, 02:23 PM
Awakened probably won't let you, but any civilized and capable guild won't care.

As if!

Mortgage
01-21-2017, 03:41 PM
I feel like it should be explicitly said that you need to turn the heads into Bvellos. Other coldain head quests don't give KT faction. Also, on live each head to Bvellos is +10 to KT.

Pope Hat
01-21-2017, 03:47 PM
I feel like it should be explicitly said that you need to turn the heads into Bvellos. Other coldain head quests don't give KT faction. Also, on live each head to Bvellos is +10 to KT.

Thanks. What faction do I have to be at with Kromzek...or Kromrif to do turn in? I can never keep the two giant factions straight :)

It's really obnoxious to pull these 100% MR RGs, anyone got some leet strats?

Jimjam
01-21-2017, 04:02 PM
Yelinak gives a small faction hit here. It was a bug from live that they carried over. Iirc its only +75 whereas dain is +750. Royal guards in icewell are 25 each. You either turn in heads or you kill dain a couple times until your faction is good.

Ouch. Forgot about that bug... Shop's classic, I guess! Looks like I'll be paying Dain a few house visits then.