PDA

View Full Version : Camps Defined huh?!?

Nealio
01-29-2011, 08:02 PM

On Rodcet Nife live server each spire was considered it's own camp. On live groups would camp each spire just out of aggro range of the spawns. No spire group would pull another spires spawns. The hills behind were free game for any spire group if the hills themselves were not camped. These spawns are static spawns, they are not roamers. They spawn and remain in place until pulled.

Previously on this server, I have seen this camping style respected. Yet today I come to Paw, and pull the northern most Spire. The group at the middle spire (one druid and one sk) kill their mob. The sk then walks over to my spire and stands at the exact spot where the mob spawns. He tells me "GL on getting aggro, I was here first".

I get up and pull a mob from the hills. While I'm doing this, the middle spire spawns, and the ogre/sk duo engage it. As I am kiting my hill spawn, the southern-most spawn pops. I snare it and begin kiting it. I turn around to drop another dot, and notice the ogre and druid have tagged my mob after I snared it and run off with it and their middle spawn.

I petition this griefing. A GM responds. He tells me that if I am not on the spawn point it is not claimed. I tell him that I am a druid, I cannot stand on a spawn point. No response. I tell GM that the offending party also grabbed a mob I had snared first. No response.

An hour later the sk/druid duo were still at Paw spires, apparently with no accounting for their actions.

1st part of my question; how the hell is a druid or any caster for that matter expected to claim a camp if we have to sit right on top of the spawn point?

2nd part; how are the Paw spires not protected as bona fide camps that must be sat atop of?

3rd part; how is it acceptable to aggro a mob, WHILE currently engaged with a prior pull, that has been snared by another party first .

Hobby
01-29-2011, 08:23 PM

Rules are fairly clear -- to claim an outdoor pathing mob, you must engage it first or be sitting within aggro range of its spawn point.

I didnt respond because I had nothing else to say, I checked encounter logs and saw possibly 1 or 2 entries that had both you and the 'offending party' on the same engage list at that particular time...out of a 7 minute spawn time, I am not going to ban someone for doing that. Especially since he had logs of being there for much longer than you and your 20 minutes before petitioning.

Zapatos
01-29-2011, 08:36 PM
In response to the first question: They are not expected to. Instead, you should get a Pickle and Flembot the Pickle with a Legion of Morpheus. Once that's been aggro'd for twenty milliseconds, you have to slow-roast the Ignition of Pain in the Cyanide Boiler.

Second question: You cannot sit on camps. Instead, you must pitch a tent. After fifteen years of sleep, you can awake and make s'mores for breakfast. Oh, and maybe cast a Spell of Beef Jerky.

Third question: Basic principles of dating. If you ain't got the dough, bling, or cars, your girl's gonna run off with someone who does.

:eek:

DevGrousis
01-29-2011, 10:04 PM
how about this. dont be cock heads. if someone is camping something (you dont need a damn definition for what having something camped means, it means that they are killing the measly three mobs that spawn there) then ef off, and kill your own spawn. dont be pricks. Remember this game is free, so dont take advantage of the system.