PDA

View Full Version : HHK bind affinity for Iksar and where to level 35+ after

Jupitaur
02-01-2017, 12:24 PM
Currently 23, planning on HHK at 25 to about 35. I'm wondering where is a nice close spot that I could have a caster bind affinity for me? I'm an iksar leeezard.

Also, after 35 I was planning on L Guk to about 40 and then to SolB, is this a decent leveling path?

Thanks all, happy hump day!

Vdub
02-01-2017, 01:00 PM
At the zoneline would work fine.

Lamil
02-01-2017, 01:00 PM
You can be bound in HHK. Do it at the zone line. I think I did SolA gnomes for 35+ which was decent xp easy.

Swish
02-01-2017, 01:07 PM
If not the zone line head in to the goblin area in that waste of space above the stairs that lead you down to them. There in a corner away from the pathing lines is safe

Lamil
02-01-2017, 01:13 PM
If not the zone line head in to the goblin area in that waste of space above the stairs that lead you down to them. There in a corner away from the pathing lines is safe

Only problem there is if people are training the gobs to the guards you can get killed. Granted you can FD but I've seen a pile of bodies around that area before

Jupitaur
02-01-2017, 02:39 PM
So I can be bound in HHK? Last place I tried required a city.

Lamil
02-01-2017, 02:40 PM
Its considered a city. Just have to group with the caster binding you

Jupitaur
02-01-2017, 02:49 PM
Its considered a city. Just have to group with the caster binding you

This is awesome news.

Lamil
02-01-2017, 03:05 PM
It's a great place to make some cash as a monk also. Once you can FD you can kill, sell, and then bank all in the one zone. The guards dropping FS helps the monks wallet. Plus you don't have to worry about overweight since you can bank.

Jupitaur
02-01-2017, 04:36 PM
It's a great place to make some cash as a monk also. Once you can FD you can kill, sell, and then bank all in the one zone. The guards dropping FS helps the monks wallet. Plus you don't have to worry about overweight since you can bank.

Oh man, what level are the guards. I could use the money. Are the vendors friendly with iksar? And for the bank you just FD around the wall just in range right?

Any HHK tips will be helpful,

Thanks Lamil

NuanImproved
02-02-2017, 01:12 AM
For leveling after 35, make sure you check the ZEM page - stands for Zone Experience Modifier. Both upper guk and Sol A have very high modifiers, while L guk and Sol B have normal ones similar to outdoor zones. A lot of people aren't aware of this and shun outdoor zones, leaving lots of mobs available.

Giants in Frontier Mountains, or any mobs in Iceclad Ocean or The Great Divide are good spots for a monk to solo at 35. Tower of Frozen Shadow is a good spot as well at around 40, you could possibly solo on the third floor and get fantastic duos going with shamans. Yetis in Dreadlands can be boring but have insanely low HP, and can make levels 39-45 fly by. Also the brutes in the cave leading into Dalnir in Warsliks Woods is a good spot for I think level 30-35 or so.

I love grouping and would always take breaks during these levels to go get a group in a dungeon, but in my experience the xp was always significantly slower in dungeons compared to soloing or starting duos/trios at open camps or in outdoor zones with plenty of mobs

Lamil
02-02-2017, 11:25 AM
Oh man, what level are the guards. I could use the money. Are the vendors friendly with iksar? And for the bank you just FD around the wall just in range right?

Any HHK tips will be helpful,

Thanks Lamil

So to bank or sell you just FD behind the merchant or banker and then sneak. Once it is successful stand up and you can sell and or bank. Just watch for the roaming Captain. I usually just train to behind the banker and FD. wait for the guards and stuff to reset and then sneak/bank. HHK was made for Monks

blondeattk
02-02-2017, 11:58 PM
bind beside the enc merchant, its away from any mobs or train lines. one weak guard at the door of the room, lvl 24 mob i think

Jupitaur
02-03-2017, 12:14 PM
Update: I dinged 25 and sucessfully entered HHK :). So many guards were red to me though, the named ones especially. How can you efficiently kill guards there without getting wrecked by a named??

So to bank or sell you just FD behind the merchant or banker and then sneak. Once it is successful stand up and you can sell and or bank. Just watch for the roaming Captain. I usually just train to behind the banker and FD. wait for the guards and stuff to reset and then sneak/bank. HHK was made for Monks

Will the captain see through my FD or something? Havent see him yet

bind beside the enc merchant, its away from any mobs or train lines. one weak guard at the door of the room, lvl 24 mob i think

Is that upstairs? I'm new to the zone, maybe the wiki has the location

Lamil
02-03-2017, 02:20 PM
You have to do Goblins first. then move to guards after some lvls. No the captain can't see through FD but when you stand up he can path back while you are banking so be careful. But even doing goblins is fast xp and decent loot if you sell the ears to players.

The enc merchant Blonde is talking about is after you zone in head to the left I believe. In the first courtyard

Jupitaur
02-03-2017, 02:27 PM
You have to do Goblins first. then move to guards after some lvls. No the captain can't see through FD but when you stand up he can path back while you are banking so be careful. But even doing goblins is fast xp and decent loot if you sell the ears to players.

The enc merchant Blonde is talking about is after you zone in head to the left I believe. In the first courtyard

Ah I see. Well i'm saving for a haste item based on recommendations here. So i'll end up selling the ears and as much loot as possible, I hope the guards help too. 1500 pp left until SCHW.

This zone seems amazing haha. Any other random tips for here?

Lamil
02-03-2017, 02:41 PM
after that zone I think I did SolA gnomes. They are single pull and pretty easy. Drop some stuff and you can sell at the druid rings in Lavastorm.

blondeattk
02-03-2017, 03:05 PM

erm no....

http://wiki.project1999.com/Tarn_Visilin

is who am talkin about,

at 25 there are 3/4 killable guards, but unless your well twinked, it will be a real uphill stuggle....also a bard at entrance you can kill, bad plan if you arent an evil race tbh.

you need a way to get past the first 2 guards...fd or invis. they will mince your ass!
http://wiki.project1999.com/Guard_Duras & http://wiki.project1999.com/Guard_Rance

if you do go kos or are an evil race dont blunder about upstairs, multiple lvl 40 mobs will rip you apart in seconds! do recons on non kos toons....

temp haste item to look into:
http://wiki.project1999.com/Swiftclaw_Sash

Lamil
02-03-2017, 07:24 PM
I always preferred to bind at the entrance so you can easily zone if need be. To each their own I suppose. And it says in his sig he's an iksar so he's going to be killing the bard because she's easy.

Shodo
02-04-2017, 10:37 PM
If you get to 35 on goblins you should be able to stay in HHK and do guards then nobles all the way to 52-55ish depending on your preference. Been a while since I did it but I believe the 2nd floor guards were all blue to me at 37 and manageable. That was as a human monk with little more than cloth gear other than an IFS and hp rings. So I would think 35 would be plenty strong for that with iksar regen.

Swish
02-04-2017, 10:42 PM
I'd stop with nobles as soon as you ding 54 unless you really love the camp. 54 they turn light blue and it really is a slow slow camp to do for it. Cash isn't bad though, if that's more your thing.

Kesselring
02-08-2017, 05:17 AM
I'm a 60 monk who bound in HHK when I was level 30. I bound right at zoneline. I'm still bound to that same spot and never switched once. You have a bank, its easily runnable to WC rings for port on a CR (and faster too than from the bank in NFP), and you have a gem merchant so you can buy peridots for your cleric if you happen to die, you have food/water merchants and bandage merchants. The only thing it lacks is range item merchants but if youre not a monk who cares.

Also I suggest killing guards in HHK til 40, youll easily make 5-7k+ from selling fine steel swords from level 28-40. Hell you can level to 41-42 even and get an extra 3k or so. Then at 41-42 hit up the yeti caves in dreadlands, some of the fastest exp ive ever gotten as an iksar. You can do that til 45 and then get easy groups in solb or com rather than trying to go to those zones @ lvl 40-43 where people might not want to group you with because youre lower.

Capybara
02-09-2017, 01:15 AM
At the zoneline would work fine.

Safest area I can think of, just remember when leaving the guards are a bit tougher on the other side.