PDA

View Full Version : Weapon DMG / Delay ratio and DPS for leveling question

Jupitaur
02-01-2017, 10:03 PM
Which weapon or weapons combination would be best? And does higher damage weapon go in off hand or MH?

On a L23 Monk

Weapons I have:

Wu's Quivering 2h
Wu's trance 1h
Knuckle dusters
Jade Mace (Saving for it soon)

And for Dual wielding, should higher damage weapon go mainhand or offhand?

Thanks! it's a bit confusing for me

I'm also debating between 2hWu vs Knuckle / Wu 1h right now

Rimjobs
02-01-2017, 10:08 PM
I think the 2hnder is best till u can afford adamantite club/sos or dual sos.
you always want the faster weapon in main hand because damage bonus only applies to primary

Swish
02-01-2017, 10:19 PM
As I always saw it if you're dual wielding you put the biggest damage weapon in your main hand and your best ratio in the off hand.

So a 12-14 damage weapon the main hand is good.

A 9/18 (Jade Mace), or something like 12/24 (that kind of ratio) is the way to go for the offhand.

kuuky
02-01-2017, 10:26 PM
Bout time you started showing dogs some love Swish! That gif is awesome!

Sorry for hijack

Jupitaur
02-01-2017, 10:35 PM
I think the 2hnder is best till u can afford adamantite club/sos or dual sos.
you always want the faster weapon in main hand because damage bonus only applies to primary

Ohh, so you would take Wu 2h even over Jade Mace / Wus

woad
02-02-2017, 12:55 AM
wu stick main hand and KD offhand will be your best combo with the weapons you currently have to use until level 30 . at level 30 to level 35 the quivering staff will out dps the duel wield combo you currently have . you need to look into getting a better 2 hander IFS is some what cheapish and solid but a bit slow so you want haste first . or a hard hitting 1 hand combo jade mace , ad club , stave of shielding . ( any of these + your knuckle duster is fine )

NuanImproved
02-02-2017, 12:59 AM
What Rimjobs said is correct, the fastest weapon needs to be in your main hand because damage bonus only applies to your mainhand. What he didn't take into account is the double attack chance and the higher bonus to 2handers vs 1handers. Also noteworthy is that you have a damage cap (60 I think?) until level 30.

So, from 23-30 your best dps will be with the fastest weapon available in your mainhand and your best ratio you have leftover in your offhand. However, after the level 30 damage cap is lifted you will do more damage with Wu's Quivering because the 2hander bonus is significantly higher than 1h bonus, and your double attack proc will now apply to all of your attacks. I forget the exact skill level that double attack starts to proc from offhand, but I think it's in late 40s early 50s. So from level 30-50 or so you will do higher dps with a 2hander, even if you had adamantite club and stave of shielding because your offhand will never double attack. Also in my experience peacebringer will be higher dps than imbued fighter's staff. I know it has more weight and a worse graphic, but it has less delay :(

Cheers :)

fadetree
02-02-2017, 10:13 AM
Yes, fastest in main, best other ratio in off. It is known.
Also, many times 2h is a better option for commonly available weapons.

rubicaant
02-02-2017, 10:25 AM
You want the best ratio in primary hand at lower levels, use KD over Wu stick until main hand dmg bonus starts kicking in around the 40s or so. But as others have said, WQS will be best DPS unless you can afford 2 SoS. But it's not until high 40s where a fast main hand becomes more important than a good ratio main hand

Jorgam
02-02-2017, 10:41 AM
Off hand is triggered by main hand swings, so you want more main hand swings. Use your fastest weapon in your main hand and your heavy dmg weapon in your offhand.

Always good to have a 2hb on hand for higher dmg, ds on mobs and mixing it up. I would recommend a Peacebringer. It's basically a Tstaff with no proc or sexy look.

Good luck!

SoekiWiz
02-02-2017, 11:46 AM
https://wiki.project1999.com/Statistics

Jump down to Section 3, Tertiary statistics.

Good foundation of basic mechanical concepts here. Build from there.

Better to understand than have someone puke out misinformation and you take it for fact. Homework first, questions for clarity to follow.

xKoopa
02-02-2017, 11:55 AM
Off hand is triggered by main hand swings, so you want more main hand swings. Use your fastest weapon in your main hand and your heavy dmg weapon in your offhand.

Always good to have a 2hb on hand for higher dmg, ds on mobs and mixing it up. I would recommend a Peacebringer. It's basically a Tstaff with no proc or sexy look.

Good luck!

Wrong. Offhand swings independently of main hand. If you have a 20 delay offhand it will do a dual wield skill check every 2 secs. If that check passes then offhand swings

Jupitaur
02-02-2017, 12:10 PM
Would you guys recommend upgrading Wu 2hbs Quiver to Imbued or Peacebringer, or first getting a haste item?? I'm 24 with a few hundred pp, saving up for next big purchase

xKoopa
02-02-2017, 12:18 PM
I MIGHT have a pair of schw you can have. Not sure if i sold them/gave away already tho

Ill check in an hour or two and let you know

Jimjam
02-02-2017, 12:52 PM

Good luck!

Gotta agree with Koopa here. Having used a 25/40 in primary and 9/18 in secondary in the past I can confirm that the 9/18 had the potential to swing way more often than the 25/40.

The off hand has a chance to swing every time it's delay has elapsed. Interestingly it even has a chance to proc every time it's delay elapses, even when duel wield fails to produce a swing!

Jupitaur
02-02-2017, 02:09 PM
Great advice here, thanks!

I leveled from 1-20 with the slow 1h in main hand haha, oh well.

Troxx
02-02-2017, 02:20 PM
Yes, fastest in main, best other ratio in off. It is known.
Also, many times 2h is a better option for commonly available weapons.

Eh, it depends on the weapon in question. At lower levels the best ratio weapon mainhand will almost always net more damage output. At higher levels as the damage bonus kicks in - faster weapons have their advantages.

From 30 up, Wu Quiv' Staff is rock solid dps to the point that few affordable dual wield weapons are relevant until you roll into the 50s.

Mid 40s to 50s you should have enough coin to upgrade to the good weapons like IFS, PB, AC etc - weapons with considerably better ratios but which carry a steeper pricetag.

For a newer guy with limited resources I'd actually just get 2x Knuckle Dusters and a WQS. Use those until mid to high 40s - even 50. After that, lots of options open up which you can start to afford.