PDA

View Full Version : Possible?

Mythanor
02-03-2017, 11:27 AM
For a half elf follower of Tunare, to get not KOS with Cabalis? Or does the Tunare part , make it impossible? (Understand the sk/ necro guild would have no chance. Mostly interested in guards/ general merchants).

Cheers.

Brut
02-03-2017, 11:32 AM
Can get friendly with the SKs if you turn in bazillion bone chips. Necros if you slay bazillion iksar bandits. Think you need to turn in bone chips to get the merchant faction up anyway.

Requires multiple thousands of them tho, em turned in tens of bagfuls of chips and remained scowling with the roaming knight guards.

Evia
02-03-2017, 12:34 PM
I'm a wood elf of bristlebane and I got to "regards you as an ally" with the troopers by just slaying in Sebilis. The crusaders still hate my ass though, and I'm sure the guilds do as well.

NachtMystium
02-03-2017, 12:36 PM
guilds are usually on separate factions and are a pain, but you may be able to get good with merchants and guards to be able to roam the city as long as you dont stray into a guild :)

Brut
02-03-2017, 12:41 PM
Cabilis is kinda special in that the roaming city guards are either the Troopers on Cab Guards faction that you raise for showing up in Seb, or they're Crusaders that are on the SK guild faction.

So you really have to do bone chips if you plan to travel around the city uninvis.

Grujj
02-05-2017, 09:59 AM
Had a Half elf warrior on live that farmed grachnist and got ally w/ troopers. After that I just did bone chips to get off KoS, I think it got all the rest but not 100%

Lojik
02-05-2017, 11:39 AM
There's a roaming guard in fob on mystics faction, will probably take longest to get that faction up. Nec/wiz/brd/enc take longest, as they have extra hate toward those classes. Unsure of extra hate toward tunare or not. Took like 600+stacks of chips to get unkos to sham guild on my wiz.

Handull
02-05-2017, 11:19 PM
I did bonechips (thousands of bonechips) to get my woodelf druid non kos. I generally still avoid the sk/necro guild building where I believe I'm KoS still, but I can walk around it uninvis without issue. I know there is a skeleton merchant in/near those buildings who isn't scowl but won't sell to me, so I just make a lvl 1 iksar when I need that vendor

Atmas
02-05-2017, 11:51 PM
Curious, why?

Aalderon Crystafire
02-06-2017, 12:35 AM
For now, yes.

After factions and faction system are revamped -- probably not.

Even as it currently is Cabilis factions (namely Scaled Mystics) are one of the few factions that cap below Ally because of how low the starting modifiers are.

On live Cabilis is difficult to collect data on since nearly everyone starts in Scowls. The only way to isolate the modifiers is by testcopying thousands of bonechips onto the test server, turning them in until maxed and then comparing maxed considers of every race/class/diety combo. Illusion potions will make it easier but it's still a very time consuming task. Also, bone chips will not raise Brood of Kotiz - the necromancers.

All I can say so far is that on P99 I maxed at Warmly for Scaled Mystics and Ally for everyone else including the Brood of Kotiz. On live it is Indifferent with Scaled Mystics and warmly with everyone else. This is as a half elf agnostic bard.

Short answer: Yes, you can do it -- but down the line you will likely become KOS again as changes are made.

nchant
02-06-2017, 01:31 AM
Is there a definite answer on what the faction range is on p99. The wiki seems fairly inaccurate to me after factioning cabalis on a few chars, mostly easy agnostic ones. I've logged well over 1300 legion points killing goblins on my rallos zek ogre shm and still scowl. If max low faction is neg 2000 I should be at least threaten by now. Next time I get laid off from work I'm going to spend a week and figure exactly what the faction range is on p99

Swish
02-06-2017, 01:40 AM
Scowl to threatening is the largest grind you'll do. Once you see threatening it doesn't take so long to get to dubious etc etc.

I felt this way with sarnak faction, took forever to do that step but once I did it became much easier.

Aalderon Crystafire
02-06-2017, 03:53 AM
Is there a definite answer on what the faction range is on p99. The wiki seems fairly inaccurate to me after factioning cabalis on a few chars, mostly easy agnostic ones. I've logged well over 1300 legion points killing goblins on my rallos zek ogre shm and still scowl. If max low faction is neg 2000 I should be at least threaten by now. Next time I get laid off from work I'm going to spend a week and figure exactly what the faction range is on p99

If your race/class/deity modifiers combined bring you below -2000 starting point then you will have a further ways to go. Cabilis, as I said, is one of the few instances on P99 where this will occur.

For example, if Ogre & Rallos Zek put you at a combined -3000 modifier for Legion of Cabilis (not saying this is the case) you would need 1951 faction gains to reach Threateningly and you would cap out after 4000 kills at +1000 which is in Warmly.

Only in the rare cases where faction modifiers put you below -2000 will this occur. This is not how faction worked in classic but the overhaul requires gathering and processing tons of data so it will be some time before I have what is needed for the revamp.

Mythanor
02-06-2017, 08:44 AM
Thanks everyone for the input. Cheers.