PDA

View Full Version : Where to go next?

Shroctagan
02-05-2017, 10:34 AM
I have been leveling through p99 almost exclusively duoing with my brother. We usually play in short bursts, so waiting and committing to a group for a few hours is usually not an option. We play together as a Shadow Knight and Mage, which we are aware is not the most ideal duo tandem, but that's what we played on live so we are pretty set on wanting to keep this combination. With this in mind, we have reached level 39 by working our way through UGuk, and the first part of LGuk by cautiously split pulling to break camps.

To my question, where should this duo level through their 40's? With a lack of ZEM's now, and our serious lack of crowd control, we were thinking we would be better suited to outdoor zones as opposed to dungeon crawling. So does anyone have any good leveling guides? Somewhere that gives us room to split pull, or even fear occasionally. The SK has some decent gear, including a fungi, so our downtime is usually minimal, and we would like to find a place that has plenty of mobs to keep us busy, while giving us some room to breath.

Thanks for your help!

fastboy21
02-05-2017, 10:36 AM
Easiest path is prob to go to PUG zones. You already have a tank and dps. Add the missing classes as you go. It won't take hours.

In the meantime, while waiting for LFGs, you can duo stuff at entrance.

Mistmoore works in early 40s. CoM after that.

Kowalski
02-05-2017, 10:41 AM
LvL 39 w/fungi and doesn't know where to play?

FISHY !

Shroctagan
02-05-2017, 10:46 AM
Thanks for the help fastboy! And yeah, that is always a back-up plan, but hoping to find a slightly more unique route.

Kowalski, we had some help getting started on p99 from some friends that no longer play. These are our mains, and we took a very straight forward leveling path on live, so we are seriously lacking in knowledge about some of the options we have available to us.

I appreciate everyone's input.

Kowalski
02-05-2017, 10:48 AM
Didn't already get enough help?

Help yourself and try WIKI

Ivory
02-05-2017, 10:57 AM
You could go anywhere! Mage + SK is a strong combination!

Outdoor zones (like behind karnors castle) would be sooo easy since you can fear kite....or even hate kite.

Shroctagan
02-05-2017, 11:30 AM
I see you thought of a good joke later an edited in Kowalski, nice.

Thanks Ivory, the Dreadlands look great!

Gain
02-05-2017, 12:03 PM
Be wary of killing the drovlags though. They will ruin the sk's evil outpost faction.

Landael
02-05-2017, 12:20 PM
OT tigers, higher lvl skellys in ruins in lost valley dreadlands. Maybe the golem tunnel in Crystal caverns? nice slow pace single pulls and some Money in there too. Spectres ofc both in oasis and Feerrott single spawns should be good around that level. If you are both evil you can look into different guard camps, halflings/highkeep/EFP or the other way around oggok etc. Kinda look at the solo guides on wiki I would say and just duo them instead.

Shroctagan
02-05-2017, 12:26 PM
Thanks for everyone's input. I am pumped to explore some of these zones that I have really never seen before.

Swish
02-05-2017, 01:44 PM
Yeti cave in DL probably a good spot for the next few levels with some pulling/fear kiting.

Could also do Highkeep guards, or spectres in Feerott (SW corner of it).

loramin
02-05-2017, 06:17 PM
There's always Norath's most comprehensive collection of places to hunt, the Per-Level Hunting Guide (wiki.project1999.com/Per-Level_Hunting_Guide).

ZiggyTheMuss
02-05-2017, 06:31 PM
LvL 39 w/fungi and doesn't know where to play?

FISHY !

I had a cleric message my enchanter looking for a duo partner and he said he just started on the server 5 days before and had 500k like that was supposed to sway me to duo with him. Yeah people are still doing it.