PDA

View Full Version : 51 Monk Solo Cash/Exp Balance

Mzy12345
02-05-2017, 01:21 PM
Hello,

I've looked at a few leveling guides and know there are quite a few places I could go solo at 51 as a monk for exp but I need about 7k to finish off my robe and buy an OT hammer so I'm looking for a spot with exp and drops/pp. Does anyone have any decent spots that will produce serviceable exp and pp?

My bag space is a bit limited with a Large Soiled and 1 Tink Bag so I can't carry a ton of loot if I'm not near a vendor or if the spot I need to go to requires me to load up on bandages and shurikens.

I've been putting in some time at Cav/Sage/Exe in LGuk which has been enjoyable but a lot of greens now. I've done Troll guards as well and they are ok but would like something new.

I've heard some people mention Neriak Guards were decent but after searching I couldn't find much info on them. I've also heard the Hole entrance might be good with Loam drops and Gems but if the named spawns I don't think I would be able to kill it?

Outside of Fungi gear isn't great. IFS, SCHWs, and a bunch of junk. Finally, my play time is usually only an hour or two at a time so if a spot is camped I usually don't have enough time to travel very far to try something else.

I know those are some restrictive parameters so if anyone has any feedback or suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

toegiant
02-05-2017, 01:25 PM
You are getting high enough level that you may make more money over time camping an item drop camp (like hands in KC) than you will get per hour solo farming. If you could find a 50ish shaman/cleric/druid might work you could camp ice giants in permafrost, good money there.

Swish
02-05-2017, 01:38 PM
Highkeep nobles...good til you ding 54 - 6 minute respawn. Will trash your W/E Freeport guard faction if you're human.

Add as many guards as you can find (certain floors might be camped) and vendor right in the nobles room with sneak :p

EDIT: Just to add, do a "/who all highkeep" before you go and see if there's anyone in the 50s there, ask them if they're doing nobles. Also, if you like your anon/role tag, be a pal and keep that off for your time there. You'll save some people the trip over and possibly keep camp lawyers who just chanced it from wanting to oust you (sad but it can happen).

Jayzeus
02-05-2017, 01:43 PM
For xp? I want to say bloodgills in LOIO, but I don't know if they have loot of mention.

For just money, Slow easy and comfortable farming with vendor and bandages nearby? SolA. You can buy and sell to the goblin vendor near king spawn. Fill up begs, sell off. To conserve space, can buy/sell gems back to him to consolidate gp/sp/cp. Blocks of ore can go up to 50p, tons of Fine steel, words/runes, stackable poison ingredients. Can even run back to neriak to do some banking and head right back. Just pick an area where noobies aren't at and have at it.

Mzy12345
02-05-2017, 02:43 PM
Thank you all for the replies. I do agree that grouping in places like KC could yield some decent returns but with only an hour or two at a time to play if I don't get a group right away I feel like I end up leaving right as I settle in.

Also, are the HHK Nobles pretty much perma camped? My concern with a place like that or with Bloodgills for that matter is that they are the only show in town. If I log in and either of those are camped do I have any other options around those areas?

mickmoranis
02-05-2017, 03:30 PM
at 51 yea, start and form groups at the kc pipe area until you get a pipe (or 2) and then do the same until you get a pipe (or 2) from... oh wait are pipes from that AOE place just a dime a dozen?

I forget the rules on your ridiculous pay to win blue server.

red 99 > blue pay to win

Cecily
02-05-2017, 03:31 PM
Mid 50s Seafury Island was pretty cool on my ranger, especially after I got my 10 regen spell to use with fungi. I did those 55-58, with the last very slow level being all greens and light blues (when they existed). I made 30k that trip with creative vendoring.

Trying remember my level progression...

I know I did Bloodgills till 52. I think.. did 53 and maybe 54 on the 3 barbarian guards near the tundra in Everfrost. Then I moved to nobles, as Swish suggested, and then to seafuries.

Should make some decent coin if you follow that route. Bloodgills are dirt money, but the easiest kills (low hp) you'll find for that level.

Cecily
02-05-2017, 03:53 PM
Also, if you do seafuries, make sure to bring lots and lots of javelins and be ready for some salty people.
It's the closest thing to PvP / real competition we have on this server.

mickmoranis
02-05-2017, 04:10 PM
Somewhere on my desk is a map with almost 90% of the cyclopse spawns and path's so you can time respawns based on when you kill a cyclopse.. but id rather not even see the map and forget I ever was that immersed.

Cecily
02-05-2017, 04:14 PM
Can I get that, hon?

Baler
02-05-2017, 04:22 PM
Duo with a shaman and do efreeti.
never look back.

mickmoranis
02-05-2017, 05:45 PM
^^ is how you really should play everquest.

Just level 50-60 in SolB like a classic gangsta

Rygar
02-06-2017, 09:02 AM
In regards to the Hole, I would not recommend soloing there until you get your epic. Epic will allow you to interrupt casters and generally just let you kill faster. 51 can kill lower level elementals (I call them tier 1: warrior / visier / channeler / deceiver / crusader), but higher tiers (fiends / wizards / harvesters / capturers) can be a problem.

The entrance as you mentioned is not that great to solo in my opinion... is typically camped or even if you have it, some group may come through and zerg all the spawns. Runners can also be a problem with the small amount of room on early splits. I much recommend the pit area, there is a safe zone near the lake behind the castle. Even if a group is pulling rats from castle entrance, there are plenty of spawns to bring from the castle, or even other camps to move into deeper (of course you need hammer or thurg potion or WC cap for pit and beyond... although there are teleporters you can flop to for reaching paineel).

As far as named spawning, they can be a problem, but you can still kill them. For non-casters, pack yourself some root nets (3 bare minimum on you, 4th in bank for recharge). When you get to 40% hp, root them and run back, and start to bind wound. If you use your 'in combat bind wound' you can throw stars / hammers at them while they are rooted and you bind up, this damage actually adds up pretty fast so is worth it.

For caster named, you'll want to bring some basic resist gear. Bejeweled elemental can cast ice comet (1100 dmg) and some 800 dmg magic based nukes. Stonesoul the Unmoving has a smite style spell that hits hard and is tough to interrupt. Stonesoul is tough but he complete heals at 40%, so you can constantly interrupt him at that point with epic, so basically only need to drain 60% of his HP before you achieve victory. Bejeweled... another story. If she lands a single nuke, you may want to FD, cause a 2nd nuke can kill you. Also not going to lie, for any named, having Inner Flame discipline is a big help to drain their HP. Recommend not using it out the gate, get in a good groove first, if fight looks like it may go your way use it to seal the deal.

The resist gear pieces help a lot for regular caster mobs too, such as visiers, wizards, harvesters. I see a notable difference on resists, and a lot less 'full damage' nukes landing with just getting my MR up to 100 and FR about 140-150 I think.

As far as cash, I made real good bank here soloing from 57-60. Keep in mind it was no Seb or HS but every drop I had was mine and I barely died (no trains to deal with). I parsed my log, from loam drops that I sold in tunnel + vendor trash gems + Drop of Mercury (30p per and stackable! sell to Stockmarket in tunnel), I made about 57k. Grouping wasn't an option for me due to RL (newborn baby), so soloing here was my only option really.

I did all this with epic and SoS + Sash of the Dragonborn to start, then bought an IFS.

You'll need a level 1 halfling brell rogue to corpse the loam (since LORE) and have patience selling in the tunnel. But I found great success in doing so.

kotton05
02-06-2017, 10:34 AM
Imo just level. Can farm HHK guards or sell pl's for cash otherwise get max level then join farm groups

Mzy12345
02-06-2017, 01:27 PM
Thank you all again for taking the time to respond and the detailed write ups. Going to start giving some of these a go and hope for the best. Thanks again

SantagarBrax
02-06-2017, 11:08 PM
You should have solo'd Crystal Caverns in your 40's on the Geonids. You can still get xp, but it's not worth it at 51. Bloodgills run out of the best juice at 51 as well.

If you have only an hour or two, my advice is that you visit Crystal Caverns in EW, back of the ry'gorr fort, click the crystal in the guard shack.

There is a bank at the Froststone outpost near the bottom, you can sneak sell to merchants from behind, and it is uncommonly camped. You will get your 7k in about a week or so at your rate, maybe 2.

From the top ledge: Jump straight off, fall to very bottom ice bridge. Go opposite way of white crystal and over the white ice bridge with 2 orcs. Once the path opens up, hang a sharp right into the bottom of the chasm with the water at bottom. You want to be going right, then jump down into the water and swim into the broken bridge room. You can go left to the 3 camps (geo's is Right tunnel with a terror at the bottom of the ramp) or you can go right straight up to the outpost.

Zone out is at top of Geo's , be mindful to FD if you see an orc or a dorf after you zone out.