PDA

View Full Version : Chardok and KC MQ Question

Mzy12345
02-08-2017, 10:44 AM
I'm trying to complete the MQ of Robe of the Whistling Fist and have made arrangements to buy the Chardok and KC pipes. I was looking on the Wiki and it says that Brother Balatin is an uncommon spawn on a 6 minute 40 second timer. Is that accurate? Also, what is his placeholder? Anyone know roughly the spawn rate?

Wiki also says that he despawns after about 10 minutes. Is that correct as well? When doing the MQ what is the best way to do the turn in? Is he traditionally KoS to most races and classes? Should I get him to spawn and kite him around until the 2 MQers show up? If I then FD and drop him and he's been up over 10 minutes will he immediately despawn? What happens in same scenario if charm breaks would he despawn? I wouldn't think so but just making sure.

I think the best way to do it would be to kite him until the 2 MQers show up then have someone charm and do the turn in. Does that sound right?

Sorry for so many questions just want to make sure I've got the best information to make sure it goes through.

EQBallzz
02-08-2017, 12:05 PM
P99 Wiki on the monk epic says:

( ) Turn in the two pipes and Robe of the Lost Circle to Brother Balatin (must not be aggro'd, or first charmed) in Dreadlands to receive Robe of the Whistling Fists.

So I don't think you would want to charm him. That also means he must not be KOS or requires turn in with sneak. I am still working on getting my Chardok pipe so can't say for certain but that's how I read that. Looking at it again I could see how you could interpret it two ways. Would be nice if someone who has done it could confirm one way of the other.

Scayled
02-08-2017, 12:22 PM
I am not sure on despawn time, I have never had him depop on me..

You will need to bring a charmer either necro or ench for the hand in if one of the MQers aren't those classes. If you had all of the items on you, you would be able to sneak hand in behind him fine. But because the other people most likely wont have sneak I would highly advise using a charmer.

Getting these items ate sucks and it has happened on here just do a quick forum search. GM will not help with MQ so you will take the full loss. Plan it out and have a charmer ready.

Mzy12345
02-08-2017, 12:56 PM
Thank you bothke the feedback and EQBallzz I struggled with the way that was written too and like you could see it both ways. Based on Scayler's response though having someone charm him for the turn in is the way to go and I think I've got an enchanter to join me so I've got that covered.

I guess the only thing left is to find out if he actually despawns or if once you get him to pop he stays up. Thank you both for the help.

Shodo
02-08-2017, 03:09 PM
From my one experience doing the MQ, he did not despawn *while aggroed*, but will despawn once deaggroed if some amount of time has expired (people before us lost the their spawn while waiting for MQ to show up when chanter went LD).

FatMice
02-08-2017, 03:46 PM
Necro or Ench Charm. Hail, get the quest text and turn in.

He spawns ready to attack. If you keep him agro'd he won't despawn. I would not go down the route of keeping him agro'd. Have a friend camp the spawn with you. And once he pops have said friend charm him. Frankly, I find it best not to piss of the remains of a once strong a powerful monk whom you are questing to become!

Also, I would not rely on an perfect MQ on this part of the quest. I would suggest you purchase loot rights rather than an MQ. I believe this mob has a continues kept log from previous turn ins. So it is highly possible that if you turn in items in the wrong order or the previous person who MQ'd messed up, it will in-turn mess up your MQ.

Zarcath
02-08-2017, 04:32 PM
Also, I would not rely on an perfect MQ on this part of the quest. I would suggest you purchase loot rights rather than an MQ. I believe this mob has a continues kept log from previous turn ins. So it is highly possible that if you turn in items in the wrong order or the previous person who MQ'd messed up, it will in-turn mess up your MQ.

Him despawning after X minutes being up usually prevents him from having any previous bad MQ.

I got the Chardok pipe MQ'd from a rogue, they met me at his spawn and we cleared PH's for about 45 minutes. He sneak turned in his pipe and I sneak turned in my KC and Robe. Was easy.

The less moving parts you have going on the better. I would try to get a KC pipe yourself (loot rights or group) and then just reduce it to the Chardok MQ.

Mzy12345
02-08-2017, 06:23 PM
I have a chanter this is going to help with this but all 3 people involved in the MQ can sneak so hopefully we get a fresh spawn so we know there are no previous failed MQs and then either charm him or just all do the sneak turn in. I'm definitely nervous about this with the 3 moving parts but hopefully charmed/sneak it will work. If not I'll pay for the MQ and rage quit which will probably be better for me in real life.

Kesselring
02-08-2017, 07:39 PM
If youre going to MQ, use a necro or chanter to charm him. He's low level and doesnt aggro on higher levels often but he does need to be indifferent to turn in. He IS kos to all and if u turn in while scowls he will eat items. The people with the MQ need sneak or charm to turn in.

Baa
02-08-2017, 09:45 PM
I kited him for about 30mins for my turn in, so if you keep him aggro'd he will not despawn.