PDA

View Full Version : Solo classes for POM

Lhancelot
02-09-2017, 12:11 AM
Just curious what classes can solo POM most effectively, and what players are known for their prowess at soloing POM.

Truheart
02-09-2017, 09:10 AM
Shamans, Druids, Enchanters can solo deep into PoM...

Other classes can solo the front Forest and Rat Maze, depending on their dps - Necromancers, SKs, Rangers, Wizards, Monks, etc. Almost nothing in the Forest or Rat Maze summons.

Froakula
02-09-2017, 09:49 AM
I did solo A4 on my necro but I wouldn't recommend it.

Daldaen
02-09-2017, 10:22 AM
I did solo A4 on my necro but I wouldn't recommend it.

This.

Either have Torpor/Turgurs and make the game easymode, or have charm and make the game easy mode until charm breaks.

Basically that's P99 in a nut shell. Charm and Slow are stupidly overpowered. If you don't have those, don't bother trying to solo summoning mobs. You either can't or it will be extremely inefficient like the Necro PoM farmer.

Lhancelot
02-09-2017, 12:15 PM
This.

Either have Torpor/Turgurs and make the game easymode, or have charm and make the game easy mode until charm breaks.

Basically that's P99 in a nut shell. Charm and Slow are stupidly overpowered. If you don't have those, don't bother trying to solo summoning mobs. You either can't or it will be extremely inefficient like the Necro PoM farmer.

Thanks for all the replies. I was wondering if necro or mages could do solo stuff in POM, so this question has been answered.

I am leveling a chanter and mage which is 36 and 35 now, and have a 55 shaman atm that's been sitting on the shelf a long while.

I just am not sure if I want to dump literally 150-200k into shaman for spells/gears, etc. I figured perhaps chanter would be cheaper to do higher end fun stuff solo if I wanted to try that.

Honestly I like the enchanter gameplay more than shaman especially if I group.

I can see how without heals it gets hairy even at 36 lvl with the chanter and soloing. It's much more finesse than the shaman is, for sure.

My next question is, how does the shaman and enchanter manage the summoning mobs?

Also, what clickies does an enchanter need if they head into POM solo? What about shaman, or does shaman not really need much in the way of clickies?

fadetree
02-09-2017, 12:24 PM
Chanter needs a charm break clicky, usually the gazughi ring. I'd grab some heal pots too. Shaman clickes (other than epic) are useful but not necessary as far as I know - JBB and maybe fungi staff. Instacast spell duration clear clicky is handy for any caster.

On the summoning question, as an enchanter it's your pet that will be getting summoned...which is fine until charm breaks. Get summoned, AE Stun, recharm and reroot pet, back off.

Erati
02-09-2017, 12:47 PM
Druid great choice if you dont want to take years to kill mobs

Enchanter too squish for me personally

Lhancelot
02-09-2017, 01:02 PM

How does a Druid solo deep in POM?

Swish
02-09-2017, 01:03 PM
Chanter needs a charm break clicky, usually the gazughi ring.

If you picked the best race you press the "hide" button.

That or taper enchantment is 5 mana, go wild.

Lhancelot
02-09-2017, 01:03 PM
Chanter needs a charm break clicky, usually the gazughi ring. I'd grab some heal pots too. Shaman clickes (other than epic) are useful but not necessary as far as I know - JBB and maybe fungi staff. Instacast spell duration clear clicky is handy for any caster.

On the summoning question, as an enchanter it's your pet that will be getting summoned...which is fine until charm breaks. Get summoned, AE Stun, recharm and reroot pet, back off.

Alright thanks for the explanations!

Caiu
02-09-2017, 01:07 PM
If you picked the best race you press the "hide" button.

That or taper enchantment is 5 mana, go wild.

Neither of those options are reliable. Please do not give bad advice. Thanks.

Lhancelot
02-09-2017, 02:50 PM

Erati, how does a druid solo deep in POM, are there animals to charm?

I can't see any other way but last time I was in POM was so many years ago on live I don't remember much only that the zone was so weird and quirky.

That's why I want to go one day, and also for the awesome loots ofc. :p

Erati
02-09-2017, 03:02 PM
Erati, how does a druid solo deep in POM, are there animals to charm?

I can't see any other way but last time I was in POM was so many years ago on live I don't remember much only that the zone was so weird and quirky.

That's why I want to go one day, and also for the awesome loots ofc. :p

Yes - most mobs in there are animals. The only thing that will hold you back is the mobs level that you are trying to charm. 53 is the max level a druid can charm.

The normal looking mice, skunks, gorillas all are charmable by druids, you cant charm the rat men that stand on two feet from the basement though.

ZiggyTheMuss
02-09-2017, 03:39 PM

Yeah the number of times I have hide fail three times in a row when I'm just trying to go afk, I can't believe anyone suggests using hide to break charm. Completely unreliable.

ZiggyTheMuss
02-09-2017, 03:40 PM
Yes - most mobs in there are animals. The only thing that will hold you back is the mobs level that you are trying to charm. 53 is the max level a druid can charm.

The normal looking mice, skunks, gorillas all are charmable by druids, you cant charm the rat men that stand on two feet from the basement though.

You don't mean the gorillas at the chessboard do you? Those are like level 56 I believe. I'm not super familiar with PoM so I'm curious.

Sorn
02-09-2017, 03:52 PM
You don't mean the gorillas at the chessboard do you? Those are like level 56 I believe. I'm not super familiar with PoM so I'm curious.

Nooooo not those ones. There are lower level ones around the zone that are druid charmable.

ZiggyTheMuss
02-09-2017, 04:15 PM
Nooooo not those ones. There are lower level ones around the zone that are druid charmable.

Ohhhh ok =)

Lhancelot
02-09-2017, 07:18 PM
A nice druid from AM chatted with me today and basically told me shaman with torpor are excellent in POM, particularly if they duo with a chanter.

He said druids can do POM solo but are limited with what they can charm and they basically die instantly if charm breaks, hence he doesn't enjoy soloing in POM.

He then said enchanters seem to have the best tools to solo in POM.

It sounds like I need to keep leveling my enchanter as that will fit what I want to do plus I enjoy the enchanter in groups and soloing.

Truheart
02-10-2017, 08:57 AM
A nice druid from AM chatted with me today and basically told me shaman with torpor are excellent in POM, particularly if they duo with a chanter.

He said druids can do POM solo but are limited with what they can charm and they basically die instantly if charm breaks, hence he doesn't enjoy soloing in POM.

He then said enchanters seem to have the best tools to solo in POM.

It sounds like I need to keep leveling my enchanter as that will fit what I want to do plus I enjoy the enchanter in groups and soloing.

Shamans, Druids, Enchanters can solo deep into PoM...

Other classes can solo the front Forest and Rat Maze, depending on their dps - Necromancers, SKs, Rangers, Wizards, Monks, etc. Almost nothing in the Forest or Rat Maze summons.

ZiggyTheMuss
02-10-2017, 09:59 AM
Yep you already said that?

Erati
02-10-2017, 10:56 AM
sounds like that druid needs some tips

Ill take my druid solo in PoM over all classes

Swish
02-10-2017, 11:12 AM

They've never failed me to the point where they've got me killed. The inconvenience of having to switch spells I can understand but you're doing that anyway as an enchanter.