PDA

View Full Version : Good spots for a 24 Shm to solo?

Anko
01-31-2011, 10:58 PM
Not quite sure where I would be able to solo as a level 24 Barbarian Shaman. I always group in Lower Guk, but soloing there is something else. Any help or advice on where to go would be appreciated!

Sorry if this is the wrong spot in the forums, wasn't too quite sure where to post this.

Estu
02-01-2011, 12:06 AM
South Karana is good at that level if I recall correctly. Aviaks, wandering mobs, that kind of thing.

canker
02-01-2011, 12:09 AM
mistmoore entrance; specifically around the lake and gargoyles

bizzum
02-01-2011, 12:12 AM
As a shaman I didn't do too much soloing until I got a pet at 34, but I tried out all of these at one point or another to some success. Im assuming a basic root and rot strategy.

Mammoths in Everfrost: Good if you are are a barbarian, close to home! Still if not, they are good exp, not overwhelming competition, and the tusks sell for 10pp a pop (They are giant sized and weigh 10 however)

NK/SK: I forget when Crag Spiders or other things in NK stop being good, but I think 24-25 could be done, even to 26. Then you could solo at the spires new Paw. Birds in SK might be decent too if there arn't groups there.

Its a little more close quarters and dangerous for adds/mobs healing each other, but you could do pit area of SolA with a little patience and practice. Just have to make sure they don't wander too far to get healed, and watch for the wizards with their giant nukes.

Mistmoore entrance might even be an option from your mid/late 20s, but probably more dangerous than SolA (more trains, more pulls with multiple adds) Give it a go if its off hours and you're feeling adventerous.

Think those are some good options to start with!

Once you get to 34 I say go Halfling guards all the way (if you can get a spot!)

Estu
02-01-2011, 12:40 AM
Once you get to 34 I say go Halfling guards all the way (if you can get a spot!)

Oh god, fuck the halfling guards. I tried to camp them at 30 when the two guards and two Millers outside the Surefall Glade entrance got too low, and the place was on permanent lockdown. So not worth it. The three human guards in NK at the bridge to SK work nicely, though; I soloed them for quite a while. The OP is a barbarian, though, so he might like to keep his good factions; I'm just speaking as an ogre.

To be honest I got pretty bored with soloing at around 35 or 36; that's when I started exclusively grouping on the shaman. It just gets hella monotonous, especially when you're just sitting somewhere camping three spawns ad infinitum. That's why lower level soloing is more fun, you can run around a zone and kill a lot of wanderers instead of being confined to some static camp. When you group you're at a static camp, but grouping's a lot more interesting.

Slugga
02-01-2011, 12:44 AM
whats a trolls racial exp penalty?

AneurysmJones
02-01-2011, 12:47 AM
Might be able to do Dark Elf Guards and wandering iron and stone guardians in nektulos, those are pretty good exp and bronze weapons for loot, rare fine steel, not really any competition for a camp there.

Extunarian
02-01-2011, 12:53 AM
24 barb shaman solo - SK all the way. I lived there until 29, doing totemic quests when I got sick of killing birds and horse people.

At some point between early to late 20's I switched to root/rot, but I'm pretty sure at your level you'll just want to kite with affliction/sicken. Use your DR debuff to get agro if they are yellow or red.

An yeah, everfrost mammoths are great xp and money. There are two mammoths that spawn near starn bearjumper (where you get your dots) that I could take down pretty reliably around 25, and the tusks sell to Starn for 10pp each.

Once you hit 34 spend some time getting to know your pet by killing the gnolls outside splitpaw. Great xp and lets you figure out what your pet can handle, and you're right next to a zone line.

baub
02-01-2011, 01:07 AM
i did the ek spiders until 26 or 27 then went to hhk for gobs/guards

its pretty nice, would pull like 5 or 6 and just root/rot then afk to med while they respawned. you wont make friends doing this, lots of qqqq, but those levels went by real quick