PDA

View Full Version : Cleric epic revamp

darkreap
02-14-2017, 07:05 AM
Will this be in our timeline?

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=599

Swish
02-14-2017, 09:23 AM
I don't think we go that far honestly. Is it still a bottleneck in its current state?

ZiggyTheMuss
02-14-2017, 12:38 PM
I don't think we go that far honestly. Is it still a bottleneck in its current state?

Do you even play this game?

Baler
02-14-2017, 01:30 PM
December 4, 2001 was luclin release.
That post in the OP is from Jan 23rd, 2002.

The only reason it's a bottleneck is because people don't want to play cleric who already have a 60 cleric with their epic. So guilds find someone to fill the role,. Who eventually will also not want to play 60 cleric.

Same thing with mages,. there is a lot of 60 mages just rotting because people don't want to play that class.

It's ironic because the demand for clerics is high, but people have created this artificial demand for the class.
"we have all these players who have 60 clerics with epic but none of them want to play it. We need more clerics!"

Ele
02-14-2017, 05:48 PM
December 4, 2001 was luclin release.
That post in the OP is from Jan 23rd, 2002.

The only reason it's a bottleneck is because people don't want to play cleric who already have a 60 cleric with their epic. So guilds find someone to fill the role,. Who eventually will also not want to play 60 cleric.

Same thing with mages,. there is a lot of 60 mages just rotting because people don't want to play that class.

It's ironic because the demand for clerics is high, but people have created this artificial demand for the class.
"we have all these players who have 60 clerics with epic but none of them want to play it. We need more clerics!"

One of the reasons people just 2-boxed clerics for the CH chain back in the day.

Mistle
02-14-2017, 11:52 PM
The goal of these changes is to reduce the problems with the bottleneck that existed before. They will not remove that bottleneck, but hopefully will remove the nasty competition for a single spawn with so many people willing to be� rude to each other.

Even back then they knew better than to cowtow to losers who thought the point of Everquest was the "competition for mobs".

Swish
02-15-2017, 01:10 AM
Do you even play this game?

I did my cleric epic in 2013 when TMO were trying to gear alts, it was extremely difficult at the time but perseverence is the key with any epic quest.

After you complete an epic you find you care less about if there's 2 or 50 others waiting to get theirs done ^^

Tupakk
02-15-2017, 02:12 AM
There is a bottleneck but cleric epics are pretty cheap.

Tetsuo
02-15-2017, 02:23 PM
doing something about one epics "bottleneck" will make everyone else whine about how their epic is too competitive.

However with that being said I would love to see Green Dragon Scales be less of a road block to aspiring warriors #Severilous4life