PDA

View Full Version : Reguarding server 1999 PVE Progression.

Orotiagito
02-01-2011, 01:28 AM
I've put it off for a long time, but after being bored and have some free time on my hands I've decided to install eq and follow the guide to get it working.

About 30 mins ago, I had finished the last instruction and actually logged in on the 1999 PVE Progression server and made it to character creation screen which I exited EQ afterward to get the 2002+ EQ look I logged back in to see the server wasn't on the list? and when I quick connected to my last server it failed?

Did the servers just go down? Within the time I was editing my EQ folder?

Anyways..

I played Eq during 2000-2004, I was 13 when I started and I'm nearly 22 now, best online gaming experience ever I played a Paladin, made it to like mid 30's was so fun with my lame cpu back then.

I played with a bunch of people known as.. "The Snuggle Bunnies of Doom", loved those people mature and most members had 10 or 20 years on me, I was the youngest and they called me Bagel-boy..

Maybe some of you here today is familiar with that guild?

Grrugg
02-01-2011, 01:33 AM
Yes the server actually did go down while you were editing your files unfortunately! Hang in there and hopefully it will come back up soon =D.

Looks like soon means now!!! Try it again and WB to EQ Classic.

Orotiagito
02-01-2011, 01:35 AM
Haha! No worries, I'm trying to get my old friends to join me.

muddy27
02-01-2011, 02:03 AM
Welcome aboard im new to the server myself

DevGrousis
02-01-2011, 03:00 AM
Hey bring all your homies :D

i've been trying to get my brother to get on but he's busy as heck!

Dr4z3r
02-01-2011, 11:15 AM
RegUarding

There's a new one.

Anyways, welcome to the server! Downtime is fairly infrequent, so I'm impressed that you managed to update your files right when it was happening!

muddy27
02-01-2011, 07:46 PM
Hey bring all your homies :D

i've been trying to get my brother to get on but he's busy as heck!

I just started a new job myself (was unemployed for a while) so I wont be on as much depending on schedule, but still on once a day.

DevGrousis
02-01-2011, 08:08 PM
I just started a new job myself (was unemployed for a while) so I wont be on as much depending on schedule, but still on once a day.

Hats plenty! You'll see that it's not as serious as live was taken 10 years back. We've got our share of serious players but I think the majority are just few hours a day players, like myself.

Like for instance today we had to be at the stadium 530am (I know right) for an 11am scrimmage in San Louis Obisbo and I just got back home. So after I finish eating I'm gonna hop on and jam for a few hours w my bard :)

Orotiagito
02-01-2011, 09:17 PM
Man, I made a necro and had a time finding my trainer.

I was thinking of making a monk also.

DevGrousis
02-01-2011, 09:24 PM
I haven't played a Monk here, but they are awesome! I have a 24 necro they are greeeaaatt solo chars.

y2sky2003
02-01-2011, 09:29 PM
Don't use Quick Connect. In my two attempts it crashed, then caused me to nearly have a heart attack when it took me to an empty character select screen.

Randy
02-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Don't use Quick Connect. In my two attempts it crashed, then caused me to nearly have a heart attack when it took me to an empty character select screen.

Yeah, quick connect sends you to a random server as far as i know.