PDA

View Full Version : <Auld Lang Syne> wants to raid?

Tenet
02-18-2017, 10:05 AM
Hello there players and raiders!

Our guild is far from being a raid guild just yet, but some of our members are approaching the magical level of 52. The question was raised a couple times in the guild if it would be an option for us to fight Lady Vox or Nagafen on this server.

I have no clue whether these are high priority targets, with everyone racing to them to grab their most valuable loot, or there are maybe open raids advertised on these targets where maybe a couple of us can fit in? What is the situation about Vox and Naggy these days?

My question is mostly targeted to players of the raiding scene of course, but any information is welcome.

Thank you!

Scaleway - Auld Lang Syne

Disclaimer: Although this is a raid question, I have no authorization to post in the raiding forums, and I am not even sure that our guild would fit there with the big raiding guilds anyhow, so I am asking in server chat.

Caiu
02-18-2017, 10:09 AM
Doubtful to happen on Nagafen due to Bladestopper. There is some precedent for open world Vox though. Seem to recall Omni hosted one a couple years ago.

Tupakk
02-18-2017, 10:51 AM
You could join an alliance. Some of the lower raiding guilds have a few going on.

Dreenk317
02-18-2017, 12:45 PM
Vox- in high demand because of white scales(only one of two mobs that drop them, the other being much more difficult and also a 7 day spawn), Rez sticks (prolly even more valuable with the new pulling tactics people will try)

Nagafen- in high demand because of bladestopper and cloak of flames.

Both mobs are a highly contested 7 day spawn with a max engage level of 52. Neither one is up for more than an hour or three after spawning, and often dropped faster than that.

That being said, I'm sure there are several smaller guilds that might ally for the kill. But it is very difficult to schedule it due to the window variance, so it is most often bat phoned and people log in for the kill. Not sure if that is your guilds style.

However, if it were up to me, I'd back off and let you guys at em one of these weekends because you asked nice, and they are some of the "title" fights in my opinion and everyone should get to experience them at least once.

Lhancelot
02-18-2017, 01:08 PM
Vox- in high demand because of white scales(only one of two mobs that drop them, the other being much more difficult and also a 7 day spawn), Rez sticks (prolly even more valuable with the new pulling tactics people will try)

Nagafen- in high demand because of bladestopper and cloak of flames.

Both mobs are a highly contested 7 day spawn with a max engage level of 52. Neither one is up for more than an hour or three after spawning, and often dropped faster than that.

That being said, I'm sure there are several smaller guilds that might ally for the kill. But it is very difficult to schedule it due to the window variance, so it is most often bat phoned and people log in for the kill. Not sure if that is your guilds style.

However, if it were up to me, I'd back off and let you guys at em one of these weekends because you asked nice, and they are some of the "title" fights in my opinion and everyone should get to experience them at least once.

In other words, good luck getting a chance to experience some of the encounters that you are the appropriate level for thanks to highly geared deleveled 52s that are parked by the servers most "competitive" guilds for instakills via batphones.

These batphones send out the signal, and within 1-5 mins a small force of these "competitive" players will have logged in and killed the 52 lvl raid mobs you probably need for epics or other items you could never afford to buy yourself.

What's important to them is they get their 1000th bladestopper and 1000th COF though, they needs them pixels to be competitive, you know.

Expediency
02-18-2017, 01:39 PM
I dont think its impossible for your guild to kill naggy/vox once. Youll never kill them a second time but I think with some planning and diplomacy you could make this happen one time.

Metalopolis
02-18-2017, 01:43 PM
Remember when people were saying "Velious release will fix the raid scene?"

Huehuehue

Two years later and even Naggy/Vox are still permacamped by the "top tier" guilds! Time for the staff to take some kind of action here -- be it a reduction of variance, faster respawns, some kinda rotation, etc -- I'm not sure.

But people shouldn't be getting cockblocked trying to do something like getting their epic 7+ years after Kunark first opened...and no, I certainly don't consider paying 250-500k for an epic MQ any type of solution. Nobody wants to farm plat/items for hundreds of hours just to compete their epic quest.

No! They wanna QUEST for their EPIC!

Lhancelot
02-18-2017, 01:48 PM

Huehuehue

Two years later and even Naggy/Vox are still permacamped by the "top tier" guilds! Time for the staff to take some kind of action here -- be it a reduction of variance, faster respawns, some kinda rotation, etc -- I'm not sure.

But people shouldn't be getting cockblocked trying to do something like getting their epic 7+ years after Kunark first opened.

The staff can't fix greedy neckbeards.

***but they might let you do it once. Sad.

LenkoCambria
02-18-2017, 01:48 PM
Yeah, sorry bud. I really appreciate what you guys have been doing with going totally old school, etc...but this server is toxic and there's no chance. Like the AG member said...maybe, just maybe, they'll let you do it ONCE.

Sucks. I'm sorry things are the way they are. I wish they were different.

Mythanor
02-18-2017, 02:08 PM

Huehuehue

But people shouldn't be getting cockblocked trying to do something like getting their epic 7+ years after Kunark first opened...and no, I certainly don't consider paying 250-500k for an epic MQ any type of solution. Nobody wants to farm plat/items for hundreds of hours just to compete their epic quest.

QFT

Ravager
02-18-2017, 03:43 PM
I bet Faydedar is an option, especially with the new leash mechanics. Bring some EB.

Dreenk317
02-18-2017, 03:54 PM
Expediency is right, if anyone knows anything about diplomacy on this server, it's AG. And if you approach the right people, properly, you definitely have a chance at scheduling a day for your guild to kill both. You just need to be nice, and try to work it out so that no one is upset.

Off the top of my head you will need to talk with representatives of the following: Azure Guard, Omni, Europa, Infernus, Anonymous, Rustle, Awakened, Aftermath, Paradigm Shift, Veloci Shift, and possibly more. But I know these guilds regularly try for both naggy and Vox.

Tupakk
02-18-2017, 04:31 PM
The other option is to learn the run. Get the FTE. And recruit people to come kill it with you. Raid rules are an hour. Use that to your advantage.

Caiu
02-18-2017, 04:53 PM
The other option is to learn the run. Get the FTE. And recruit people to come kill it with you. Raid rules are an hour. Use that to your advantage.

Both are instant engages actually. Those one hour rules only apply to velious era mobs.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234528

Lhancelot
02-18-2017, 04:54 PM
Expediency is right, if anyone knows anything about diplomacy on this server, it's AG. And if you approach the right people, properly, you definitely have a chance at scheduling a day for your guild to kill both. You just need to be nice, and try to work it out so that no one is upset.

Off the top of my head you will need to talk with representatives of the following: Azure Guard, Omni, Europa, Infernus, Anonymous, Rustle, Awakened, Aftermath, Paradigm Shift, Veloci Shift, and possibly more. But I know these guilds regularly try for both naggy and Vox.

Good luck on using "diplomacy" with said guilds, hopefully all 20 of them will let you have one shot at the dragons. :(

Expediency
02-18-2017, 07:08 PM
Good luck on using "diplomacy" with said guilds, hopefully all 20 of them will let you have one shot at the dragons. :(

If thats the attitude you take then it will never happen. You cant just roll out of bed one day with chars in rags and hope to beat this whole server to the once-a-week naggy.

OP, ignore the haters. It will take diplomacy and a planning window of a few weeks but this can be done once. Much more difficult diplomatic accomplishments have occurred on p99 already in 2017. The vast majority of guilds on that list have reasonable people near the top that will be sympathetic to your cause. You dont have to get them all to agree either, just get two or three to agree to it and the dominos will fall because nobody wants to be "that guy" keeping someone like you from getting this mob when others have agreed to let you have one shot.

Expediency
02-18-2017, 07:14 PM

They could contest every single naggy for the next year and if others are racing them they will get zero of them. These guys are playing by very classic rules and no velious equipment. Most top guilds have several dedicated 52 alts just for naggy vox encounters that are twinked all to hell and accessible by several people.

The deck is very stacked against ALS. So stacked that I think they can accomplish this diplomatically long before they ever sniff a naggy by racing for it.

Tupakk
02-18-2017, 07:21 PM
They could contest every single naggy for the next year and if others are racing them they will get zero of them. These guys are playing by very classic rules and no velious equipment. Most top guilds have several dedicated 52 alts just for naggy vox encounters that are twinked all to hell and accessible by several people.

The deck is very stacked against ALS. So stacked that I think they can accomplish this diplomatically long before they ever sniff a naggy by racing for it.

I know about their rules. I didn't say it was going to be easy.

And if it's instant FTE then they just need the proper setup. If I were them I would sit back and get a timer and watch what happens when ppl engage. Mimic the setup and knock it down.

Expediency
02-18-2017, 10:15 PM
I know about their rules. I didn't say it was going to be easy.

And if it's instant FTE then they just need the proper setup. If I were them I would sit back and get a timer and watch what happens when ppl engage. Mimic the setup and knock it down.

Have you ever FTEd naggy? Its not an easy thing to do. If you can do it, join their guild for 20 minutes and FTE it for them and this thread is over.

I'm guessing these guys have neither an army of alts or a batphone. Which means they are going to have to poopsock it. When they lose, its not just a few racers that wasted their time, its the whole guild. They'll probably wipe the first time they try it, everyone does.

Even if they do win the race and kill the mob the first try, I would wager they have little interest in killing the mob in 5 minutes and would prefer to clear the giants and do it classic style. Wont happen with 10 other guilds breathing down your neck.

There is really no way that a small guild using self imposed ruleset to make things harder can compete with the people who usually win these contests. I dont want to say "never" but the chance is approaching zero under today's circumstances.

kotton05
02-18-2017, 10:24 PM
You could start out by finding who has been killing them and ask the said guilds to give you 12 hours or something on one spawn if you have proper connects.

Brontus
02-18-2017, 10:59 PM

Huehuehue

I know nothing about the raid scene here. How do the top tier guilds camp Vox and Naggy if players who are 51+ are immediately summoned out of the zone by both dragons?

Can you explain how they do this?

Expediency
02-18-2017, 11:04 PM
I know nothing about the raid scene here. How do the top tier guilds camp Vox and Naggy if players who are 51+ are immediately summoned out of the zone by both dragons?

Can you explain how they do this?

The level limit is 52, so players 53+ are summoned away.

And they do it by having a few chars naturally at that level + an army of alts they level to 52 then park forever at either sol b or permafrost, depending on target.

If you are really a baller you either MQ a set of velious armor or you delevel a char that already has it to really drain the last bit of fun out of the encounter.

Lhancelot
02-18-2017, 11:04 PM
You could try this...

You could start out by finding who has been killing them and ask the said guilds to give you 12 hours or something on one spawn if you have proper connects.

Or this...

You could join an alliance. Some of the lower raiding guilds have a few going on.

Maybe this...

...with some planning and diplomacy you could make this happen one time.

OR this...

And if you approach the right people, properly, you definitely have a chance at scheduling a day for your guild to kill both. You just need to be nice, and try to work it out so that no one is upset.

As you can see it's really simple and easy to have a positive attitude about it all, I mean the worst thing you can do is approach this with any sort of negativity.

If the above quotes and other responses in this thread are clear about one thing, it's that there is no clear answer as to how you will manage to get to raid any of these heavily farmed mobs, except by the given graces of the omnipotent neckbeards themselves who hold a tight grasp on the leashes of all dragon pixels of p99.

Best of luck to you guys. I mean that.

Expediency
02-18-2017, 11:11 PM
If the above quotes and other responses in this thread are clear about one thing, it's that there is no clear answer as to how you will manage to get to raid any of these heavily farmed mobs, except by the given graces of the omnipotent neckbeards themselves who hold a tight grasp on the leashes of all dragon pixels of p99.

Best of luck to you guys. I mean that.

The guy asked a legit question. Do you expect us to give him a blueprint or hold his hand? We've been a lot more helpful than you have been. Only one naggy per week spawns and literally every guild that can field a force wants a shot at him. Its a scarce resource. Get out of here and quit trolling.

Ravager
02-18-2017, 11:23 PM
Whether you work a deal out or not, you're not killing anything if you're not tracking it, cuz nobody's gonna do it for you.

Brontus
02-19-2017, 12:11 AM
The level limit is 52, so players 53+ are summoned away.

And they do it by having a few chars naturally at that level + an army of alts they level to 52 then park forever at either sol b or permafrost, depending on target.

If you are really a baller you either MQ a set of velious armor or you delevel a char that already has it to really drain the last bit of fun out of the encounter.

Thank you for your answer. This explains almost everything except "why" they do this. I can only assume it is to control the market for epic quest items that drop from both these dragons.

Would this be an accurate assessment?

Forgive me for sharing my personal opinion but I just don't understand why the staff has allowed essentially a cartel of guilds to control many of the spawns on the server. I played EQ back when it first came out up until WoW came out. Sure there was some healthy competition for some raid targets but I did not recall the the high level of toxicity and monopolization of spawns that we see today here on P1999.

Currently I solo and occasionally group (when I can find a group) but after learning about the P1999 raid scene I would never subject myself to be part of broken and dysfunctional "endgame" where people must pay hundreds of thousands of platinum just to get epic quest items from bosses and purchase certain must have spells (Torpor).

P1999 may look like classic EQ but it sure doesn't feel like it when you hit the low 50's and want to progress your character. I hope the staff does something about this.

It seems the only time I see happy players on P1999 is when the top guilds get suspended. I have a few friends who raid in lesser guilds so I hear from them and they are jubilant when this happens. It's like the munch-kins in the Wizard of Oz singing "Ding, dong the witch is dead" and everyone cheering. Perhaps the staff should take a cue from this and transfer these top guilds to their own penal colony server where they can fight it out with each other and leave the rest of us to have fun.

Tenet
02-19-2017, 12:44 AM
Hey guys, thank you for all the information, this thread is pure gold!

We will continue along the line of your suggestions, and we will see how it goes. Luckily this is not such an urgent things for us, we still have time to organize because:

1 - We are simply not there yet. Although some of us are approaching the level barrier, we can't provide a raid group to take any of these raid targets down on our own. As we never had (and never will have) any pressure on our members to level, it will take us several weeks to get there, if we get there at all.

2 - We really don't want to stir the pot, our guild's main focus was never raiding, and although we would love to raid, we are aware that other guilds are focusing solely on this activity and we respect their playstyle and their struggle for raid targets. If we never get to kill these dragons, that is also cool.

You guys were really helpful all around. Big thank you to all!

Muggens
02-19-2017, 10:00 AM
Thank you for your answer. This explains almost everything except "why" they do this. I can only assume it is to control the market for epic quest items that drop from both these dragons.

They are making epics for guild members, nothing sinister. Theres no mafia here, perhaps a cartel of neckbeards but what would you expect?

Lhancelot
02-19-2017, 11:20 AM
The guy asked a legit question. Do you expect us to give him a blueprint or hold his hand? We've been a lot more helpful than you have been. Only one naggy per week spawns and literally every guild that can field a force wants a shot at him. Its a scarce resource. Get out of here and quit trolling.

I don't have to paint the picture for him, the guy gets the picture and understands exactly what is going on here.

You can try to paint a rosy tinted view of this situation and use cute fluffy words to explain how he "can" and "should" approach the people responsible for this mess of a raid scene who have every lucrative raid mob on lockdown but I rather be honest about it and forthright.

It's good for the forums to have people like you and people like me, because it gives a more accurate depiction when you compile information from different perspectives instead of just one source.

Don't tell me to leave just because you find my perspective distasteful and you disagree with it. I am not trolling, I am being critical of the crap that goes on here regarding mobs such as Nagafen etc.

Just because you and your guild have a nice cute little niche in this scene and you are content with how it works doesn't mean it's a good system, it just means it's a good system for you.

ALS is a perfect example of how players are doing things as classic as possible. The present raid scene is as non-classic as it can get especially regarding the attitudes of the players versus the other players. The greed here is so thick you can cut it with a knife, and sharing anything is laughable to the ones locking down Naggy and other mobs they do not need.

To say these "raid" guilds they are doing it for their guild epics is BS too, how many auctions have you seen for MQs of epics? Oh yeah, I even see AG selling MQs of epics too. I guess the guys that you farmed those epics for no longer needed the epics right, and so you found you had to sell the MQ due to lack of bank space? :rolleyes:

Expediency
02-19-2017, 12:44 PM
Just because you and your guild have a nice cute little niche in this scene and you are content with how it works doesn't mean it's a good system, it just means it's a good system for you.

ALS is a perfect example of how players are doing things as classic as possible. The present raid scene is as non-classic as it can get especially regarding the attitudes of the players versus the other players. The greed here is so thick you can cut it with a knife, and sharing anything is laughable to the ones locking down Naggy and other mobs they do not need.

You're flat out wrong. So far in just three pages of this thread, you've had members from several raid guilds say that this is possible and workable. Awakened just posted that they'd work with ALS here, which is one of the top dominos he needs to fall.

You dont seem to understand what ALS is asking or how hard it is to accomplish. There is one naggy per week and everyone wants it. ALS wants to be left alone to contest it on their terms. This isnt an easy request and it requires the agreement of a lot of different parties. Even very small casual raiding guilds will have to agree to be hands off.

Do you have any actual advice for him or are you just going to continue to be critical? We're offering a roadmap to success and you're offering nothing but negativity.

Jimjam
02-19-2017, 12:56 PM
There has been a number of occasions on this server where all the stars have aligned and desirable mobs have been left up to facilitate public raids in the past.

There was a Vox open raid, also a Plane of Hate raid which had a Maestro left up for them. There are more examples, but these are the two that jump to mind. My advice is search through the old threads to find the details of these events and contact the organiser.

Perhaps they can get advice on how they managed to negotiate these particular mobs being left uncontested.

Best of luck ALS.

Sorn
02-19-2017, 01:08 PM
There was a Vox open raid, also a Plane of Hate raid which had a Maestro left up for them. There are more examples, but these are the two that jump to mind. My advice is search through the old threads to find the details of these events and contact the organiser.

Both of these were hosted by Omni.

And Lhance, never underestimate the generosity of the p99 community. What ALS is asking here is definitely possible if they reach out to the right people.

Dreenk317
02-19-2017, 01:19 PM
If a new guild is looking to try these starter raid mobs Awakened would be happy to sit out a naggy or vox if others agreed to let them do it also. PM me OP if/when you talk to others and work out what week ya want to try it.

This is one of the tougher obstacles, Awakened, already showing they are willing to try to make this happen. I am certain they are not alone. And while I'm not an officer in my guild, if it comes up, I'll argue to let ALS have a shot. And I'd even be willing to come on my lock 52 bard to help you out if you need numbers when the time comes.

You should try to make this happen. It's possible and would be a whole lot of fun for you and your guild.

Lhancelot
02-19-2017, 02:41 PM
Both of these were hosted by Omni.

And Lhance, never underestimate the generosity of the p99 community. What ALS is asking here is definitely possible if they reach out to the right people.

I don't underestimate anything. I am just realistic and know how it is here, like you do. There's plenty of helpful individuals but typically the ones most helpful are not running the raid guilds.

We will see. When the time comes and they need certain raid mobs, let's see if CGS concedes and let's them raid the mid level raid mobs. Awakened already made it crystal clear they are fine with it.

I think the biggest problem will be with the mid tier guilds, the "casual raid" guilds tbh. Don't let their benign sounding advertisements of being "casual" fool you.

tiadashi
02-19-2017, 03:32 PM
You're flat out wrong. So far in just three pages of this thread, you've had members from several raid guilds say that this is possible and workable. Awakened just posted that they'd work with ALS here, which is one of the top dominos he needs to fall.

You dont seem to understand what ALS is asking or how hard it is to accomplish. There is one naggy per week and everyone wants it. ALS wants to be left alone to contest it on their terms. This isnt an easy request and it requires the agreement of a lot of different parties. Even very small casual raiding guilds will have to agree to be hands off.

Do you have any actual advice for him or are you just going to continue to be critical? We're offering a roadmap to success and you're offering nothing but negativity.

Im not sure why you bother responding to mr Butthurt - once twice i get but this guy lives in it

Naethyn
02-19-2017, 06:25 PM
The top tier guilds are actually super supportive of good reasons to see challenges like this take place. From a competitive viewpoint it would be very interesting to see a guild of non twink / economy guys to take a challenge like this on. What the top end doesn't look well on is giving things away for "free" to casuals who think they deserve it because they exist here. This is quite the opposite, and something I'd see easily gaining huge support. It's the guys who see this, and wonder why they don't get the same opportunity, by completely missing the challenge that is taking place. It is that crew who will want the same benefit and run the risk of it not happening. (aka. not the top end but the guys who want free pixels)

Dreenk317
02-19-2017, 07:12 PM
This was not a hard call to make considering Awakened does not actively track these 2 mobs and does not kill them 80-90% of the time. The middle-tier guilds are the ones who compete for these and kill them most of the time.

Fair point. I guess i meant it more along the lines of; once the top tier guilds are on board, it might be more likely that the rest will follow suit.

Baa
02-19-2017, 07:57 PM
At <Infernus> we are only just getting to have the level of required alts to actively compete for Vox and Naggy.

We often have people attend raids as guest, and while this isn't official I think we certainly wouldn't mind having the occasional guest along to experience some of this content.

The difficulty is always going to be timings due to us playing offpeak.

Sancta
02-19-2017, 09:36 PM
What the top end doesn't look well on is giving things away for "free" to casuals who think they deserve it because they exist here.

Exactly this. The top guilds are where they are because they contested mobs. They put the time in and get the reward. The top guilds don't have a sense of entitlement, most of their kills are highly contested, they have to work for it.

A great example of this is an up and coming guild called Infernus. One or two VS's ago they knew he was in window and did all the necessary steps to secure the kill. Their goal for that day to was to kill VS. They tracked it, parked the right classes there, got on when it popped and killed it while it was being contested by a top guild. It was late at night when he popped but they were dedicated to killing it themselves, and they did. Rome wasn't built in a day, set goals and achieve them.

It's good to see more than just the top 2 guilds actually contesting mobs, make things way more interesting. Minus a few really tough high end mobs there's always opportunity for any guild to kill practically any high end mob if they simply just make specific targets their goal. I see lots of these "casual raid guilds" attempt to go after every single high end mob at the same time as if they were A/A. Track a small number at a time, start small, learn the strats and park toons. That's the name of the game until the staff want to change any of the rules. But I assure you that whatever rules are in place, it will always take some time, dedication, and focus to kill contested (high end) mobs.

bktroost
02-20-2017, 12:04 AM
I think supporting some attempts at naggy and vox are something we'd be interested in discussing.

Sadre Spinegnawer
02-20-2017, 01:32 AM
Have you ever FTEd naggy? Its not an easy thing to do. If you can do it, join their guild for 20 minutes and FTE it for them and this thread is over.

I'm guessing these guys have neither an army of alts or a batphone. Which means they are going to have to poopsock it. When they lose, its not just a few racers that wasted their time, its the whole guild. They'll probably wipe the first time they try it, everyone does.

Even if they do win the race and kill the mob the first try, I would wager they have little interest in killing the mob in 5 minutes and would prefer to clear the giants and do it classic style. Wont happen with 10 other guilds breathing down your neck.

There is really no way that a small guild using self imposed ruleset to make things harder can compete with the people who usually win these contests. I dont want to say "never" but the chance is approaching zero under today's circumstances.

Sigh. If only there was some concept, some crazy new idea, of how to run a game so it works well.

I know this is crazy talk, but what if there was actually a dungeon *master*? I know this is unheard of, since the basis of eq, D&D, was based on people just blindly rolling dice without anyone in charge of what was happening, but imagine if we could actually *improve* on D&D, and institute a system of running the server, instead of just letting it go on autopilot?

We could call those people "GMs". I know, crazy talk.

bigjerry
02-20-2017, 01:43 AM
Sigh. If only there was some concept, some crazy new idea, of how to run a game so it works well.

I know this is crazy talk, but what if there was actually a dungeon *master*? I know this is unheard of, since the basis of eq, D&D, was based on people just blindly rolling dice without anyone in charge of what was happening, but imagine if we could actually *improve* on D&D, and institute a system of running the server, instead of just letting it go on autopilot?

not classic

fadetree
02-20-2017, 09:33 AM

We would also call them 'unpaid'. So yeah.

heartbrand
02-20-2017, 10:21 AM
We would also call them 'unpaid'. So yeah.

Volunteers for non-profits should not put effort in because they are unpaid.

fadetree
02-20-2017, 12:53 PM
oh brother, reductio ad absurdum. Gee, you've got me there. I suggest you go volunteer to ride herd on all the squabbles and arguments for free. That'll show me.

heartbrand
02-20-2017, 02:18 PM
If the current volunteers don't enjoy what they do or take pride in it, then they should find other volunteers who would. There's no shortage of people who are passionate about EverQuest and would like to give back to the community. However, I understand that some of us may be missing the necessary combination of a debilitating drug habit, no employment, propensity to make rash and uninformed decisions, and heightened sense of elf sim ego.

gnatte
02-20-2017, 07:26 PM
Exactly this. The top guilds are where they are because they contested mobs. They put the time in and get the reward. The top guilds don't have a sense of entitlement, most of their kills are highly contested, they have to work for it.

A great example of this is an up and coming guild called Infernus. One or two VS's ago they knew he was in window and did all the necessary steps to secure the kill. Their goal for that day to was to kill VS. They tracked it, parked the right classes there, got on when it popped and killed it while it was being contested by a top guild. It was late at night when he popped but they were dedicated to killing it themselves, and they did. Rome wasn't built in a day, set goals and achieve them.

It's good to see more than just the top 2 guilds actually contesting mobs, make things way more interesting. Minus a few really tough high end mobs there's always opportunity for any guild to kill practically any high end mob if they simply just make specific targets their goal. I see lots of these "casual raid guilds" attempt to go after every single high end mob at the same time as if they were A/A. Track a small number at a time, start small, learn the strats and park toons. That's the name of the game until the staff want to change any of the rules. But I assure you that whatever rules are in place, it will always take some time, dedication, and focus to kill contested (high end) mobs. BOOOM

goldlush
02-21-2017, 10:05 AM
lol at all the bard alts running around with full suits of https://wiki.project1999.com/Blazing_Fennin_Ro_Armor

Auld Lang Syne isn't going to get shit out of this.

Dreenk317
02-21-2017, 01:05 PM
lol at all the bard alts running around with full suits of https://wiki.project1999.com/Blazing_Fennin_Ro_Armor

Auld Lang Syne isn't going to get shit out of this.

I believe they would get the satisfaction of attempting/completing two pretty pinnacle fights of the classic Everquest experience. Plus, just maybe, some loot.

What you get out of being a negative bastard on the internet though....... Beats me.

Lhancelot
02-21-2017, 02:54 PM
I believe they would get the satisfaction of attempting/completing two pretty pinnacle fights of the classic Everquest experience. Plus, just maybe, some loot.

What you get out of being a negative bastard on the internet though....... Beats me.

I think he meant they dont stand a chance at getting an opportunity to raid these specific mobs. But you are right he is being negative, nonetheless.

Hey, when the time comes we have this thread to remind us what many guilds said though, agreeing to concede and give ALS a chance to raid certain specific level appropriate mobs!

In my opinion it's no surprise that discussions about raids is met with pessimism here, many people have had largely negative experiences involving the raid scene.

Being pessimistic or negative might not help matters, but there is a reason such sentiments exist.

Good luck ALS! You have people like me that will hold the guilds accountable if they end up backtracking on allowing you a chance to do some raids.

bigjerry
02-21-2017, 02:58 PM
bring baldere back then we'll talk

Connecticut
02-21-2017, 03:07 PM
I feel there's an ice bucket challenge joke missing from this thread.

Best of luck ALS on your dragon aspirations!
Phinigel Autropos down in the depths of Kedge Keep is also a great starter raid mob!

Lhancelot
02-21-2017, 03:17 PM
I feel there's an ice bucket challenge joke missing from this thread.

Best of luck ALS on your dragon aspirations!
Phinigel Autropos down in the depths of Kedge Keep is also a great starter raid mob!

I feel guilty. You know, I remember this viral sensation of ice bucket challenges, but had no clue they were being done to support ALS research. I thought the celebrities doing them were doing it just to look cute. :o

Ravager
02-21-2017, 05:10 PM
I think he meant they dont stand a chance at getting an opportunity to raid these specific mobs. But you are right he is being negative, nonetheless.

Hey, when the time comes we have this thread to remind us what many guilds said though, agreeing to concede and give ALS a chance to raid certain specific level appropriate mobs!

In my opinion it's no surprise that discussions about raids is met with pessimism here, many people have had largely negative experiences involving the raid scene.

Being pessimistic or negative might not help matters, but there is a reason such sentiments exist.

Good luck ALS! You have people like me that will hold the guilds accountable if they end up backtracking on allowing you a chance to do some raids.
Sometimes realism looks a lot like pessimism. Unless ALS wants to park out, track and batphone, they're probably not going to raid these mobs. Best case, they can park out and get added to another guild's batphone and try to joint-raid. But it's quite unlikely every guild on the server will leave either mob up long enough for a non-batphone, non-parked guild to do a classic style raid of them.

But that doesn't mean they can't do other classic type raids. Phinny and the Seahorses are definitely within their reach. Same with Yael. I bet Faydedar is even being left up for a while and that dragon is pretty much the equivalent of Nagafen. And there's always the Sky rotations. If they want to go hardcore classic, they'd limit themselves to level 50 and try a Sky crawl sometime. That even sounds like a lot of fun.

Sage Truthbearer
02-21-2017, 05:41 PM
If the current volunteers don't enjoy what they do or take pride in it, then they should find other volunteers who would. There's no shortage of people who are passionate about EverQuest and would like to give back to the community. However, I understand that some of us may be missing the necessary combination of a debilitating drug habit, no employment, propensity to make rash and uninformed decisions, and heightened sense of elf sim ego.

Thanks for sharing. It's awesome to have a leading authority on exactly how unpaid volunteers should and should not be allocating their limited time and resources chime in with some unsolicited advice.

heartbrand
02-21-2017, 08:31 PM
Thanks for sharing. It's awesome to have a leading authority on exactly how unpaid volunteers should and should not be allocating their limited time and resources chime in with some unsolicited advice.

I'm a professional consultant, no problem.

Zarcath
02-21-2017, 10:03 PM
Farming Fear/Hate/Sky is a good experience too

Expediency
02-23-2017, 04:05 PM
This is well on its way.. very nice work everyone

kotton05
02-23-2017, 04:13 PM
Gluck ALS! Seems the community took to your post!!!

Tenet
02-23-2017, 04:57 PM
Thank you guys for all your support!

Expediency
02-23-2017, 06:19 PM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2474471#post2474471

Unclebulgaria
02-24-2017, 02:29 AM
Infernus is happy to agree to the proposal posted in the raid forums. Good luck ALS.

Audhe
Guild Leader <Infernus>

skarlorn
02-24-2017, 02:44 PM
Holy sh!t

Really happy to see ALS getting to this stage! And so happy to see the community coming to a place where we can actually start letting guilds like ALS attempt dragons.

This is almost enough to make me re-install and keep playing Borgnach.

Love you ALS!

Tenet
02-24-2017, 02:55 PM
You know that we are happy to have you back.

Just sayin.

bktroost
02-25-2017, 03:21 PM
Azure Guard agrees to the allowing these dates as a non-competition for these mobs.

Had to do some research on you guys first. Looks like this guild is a guild full of new people and that is awesome!

Tupakk
02-25-2017, 03:40 PM
Gratz ALS just let me know when and I will be there to help.

Tenet
02-25-2017, 04:25 PM
Thank you all for your continuous support, it means a lot to us!

For the event schedule, please look at this thread in the raid forums:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266534

Tupakk
02-25-2017, 04:28 PM
Thank you all for your continuous support, it means a lot to us!

For the event schedule, please look at this thread in the raid forums:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=266534

I read it but it's all the way in May I can't remember yesterday let alone something months away.

Tenet
02-25-2017, 04:33 PM
Tupakk! I'll make sure you do remember it! :D

http://wiki.project1999.com/A_Giants_Reminder_String

titanshub
02-26-2017, 09:39 AM
It's this kind of thing that will help us build a better server. Props to all the guilds who have agreed to this. I don't imagine that the support of kittens means as much as that of guilds that actively contest this kind of thing but KWSM would like to extend our best wishes to Auld Lang Syne in their attempts at raiding. The idea of a bunch of players trying to kill dragons in the most incredibly classic way possible give me hope for the future of P99. We can make of this server what we wish. Lets make it a better place to play classic Everquest.

Our meows are with you Auld Lang Syne! =^.^=

HouseTargaryen
02-26-2017, 09:45 AM
This is great. If a new guild wants to take on a raid boss that your guild regularly kills. Let them have it.

It is good to share

Tenet
02-26-2017, 09:48 AM
It's this kind of thing that will help us build a better server. Props to all the guilds who have agreed to this. I don't imagine that the support of kittens means as much as that of guilds that actively contest this kind of thing but KWSM would like to extend our best wishes to Auld Lang Syne in their attempts at raiding. The idea of a bunch of players trying to kill dragons in the most incredibly classic way possible give me hope for the future of P99. We can make of this server what we wish. Lets make it a better place to play classic Everquest.

Your support is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Lhancelot
02-26-2017, 11:07 AM

It's great guilds have acknowledged and agreed that they feel ALS should get a chance to take down some mid level dragons. Until it happens though, it's just talk. We will see.

It wasn't until a lot of heat came with a lot of pessimism and criticism early on in the thread that guilds started to agree to let ALS down raid mobs when the time came.

Notably, Awakened I believe was the first to pop into the thread and say as a guild, they were in full support of this. I mention this because typically this guild is always criticized by everyone as being one of the most tenaciously competitive guilds on the server, yet here they were the first to say they would not interfere if ALS wanted specific raid mobs.

Honestly it's mid tier raid guilds that seem sock these mobs the most and I suspect if there's any trouble for ALS it will be from these "casual raid" guilds more than it will be from A/A and the like.

Good luck ALS! At least some guilds have finally taken note of this thread and managed to acknowledge your interest in trying some raids on mobs that these guilds routinely gobble up for MQ sales and/or high end pixel sales.

titanshub
02-26-2017, 11:57 AM
Notably, Awakened I believe was the first to pop into the thread and say as a guild, they were in full support of this. I mention this because typically this guild is always criticized by everyone as being one of the most tenaciously competitive guilds on the server, yet here they were the first to say they would not interfere if ALS wanted specific raid mobs.

If you are here to make sure that anybody who violates their word has to pay for their hippocracy, then will you also be here to praise those who first signed on if it is ultimately a success?

I think that's called positive reinforcement. Supporting this kind of thing should be common sense. Realists should exist to give accountability to the rule lawyers. See through the BS and make sure this happens.

Lhancelot
02-26-2017, 12:24 PM
If you are here to make sure that anybody who violates their word has to pay for their hippocracy, then will you also be here to praise those who first signed on if it is ultimately a success?

I think that's called positive reinforcement. Supporting this kind of thing should be common sense. Realists should exist to give accountability to the rule lawyers. See through the BS and make sure this happens.

That's why I gave Awakened the true credit they deserve, they were in this thread long before you were. Glad you showed up though.

Hope you keep your word on letting ALS do their thing at least once.

titanshub
02-26-2017, 12:34 PM
That's why I gave Awakened the true credit they deserve, they were in this thread long before you were. Glad you showed up though.

Hope you keep your word on letting ALS do their thing at least once.

Good. It sounds to me like, if they follow through, that they deserve the credit.

Expediency
02-26-2017, 12:38 PM
It's great guilds have acknowledged and agreed that they feel ALS should get a chance to take down some mid level dragons. Until it happens though, it's just talk. We will see.

It wasn't until a lot of heat came with a lot of pessimism and criticism early on in the thread that guilds started to agree to let ALS down raid mobs when the time came.

You are totally clueless. Just leave this thread and let us have our fun. You've done nothing to help, you've been critical of this process every step of the way, and now that this event is set up you are here to be negative again. Go away.

Lhancelot
02-26-2017, 02:26 PM
You are totally clueless. Just leave this thread and let us have our fun. You've done nothing to help, you've been critical of this process every step of the way, and now that this event is set up you are here to be negative again. Go away.

If it were not for "negative" players like me, the neckbeards would continue to sock every low to mid tier raid mob with no regards to ALS and this thread would have gone unnoticed.

Criticism is a needed element to any operating system whether you like it or not. Just because the system here favors zerging raid guilds like yours doesn't necessarily mean it is quite as favorful to smaller guilds like ALS.

You should learn to differentiate between what is negative and what is critical, btw. You remind me of politicians that refer to any criticism towards them as negativity and lies whereas any praise is nothing but truth.

There are tons of wonderful, awesome stuffs on p99 but raiding is not one of them. That's due to player greed above all else.

If you feel insulted and sad by reading this, perhaps it's because the truth hurts and you feel guilty knowing that you are part of the problem regarding raids here on p99.

Expediency
02-26-2017, 02:35 PM
If it were not for "negative" players like me, the neckbeards would continue to sock every low to mid tier raid mob with no regards to ALS and this thread would have gone unnoticed.

LOL take a look at this guy giving himself credit for ALS's diplomatic accomplishments.

tiadashi
02-26-2017, 02:39 PM

Criticism is a needed element to any operating system whether you like it or not. Just because the system here favors zerging raid guilds like yours doesn't necessarily mean it is quite as favorful to smaller guilds like ALS.

You should learn to differentiate between what is negative and what is critical, btw. You remind me of politicians that refer to any criticism towards them as negativity and lies whereas any praise is nothing but truth.

There are tons of wonderful, awesome stuffs on p99 but raiding is not one of them. That's due to player greed above all else.

If you feel insulted and sad by reading this, perhaps it's because the truth hurts and you feel guilty knowing that you are part of the problem regarding raids here on p99.

Your like a politician who constantly has their mouth open - repeating yourself ad nauseam saying your tired line

Lhancelot
02-26-2017, 02:44 PM
LOL take a look at this guy giving himself credit for ALS's diplomatic accomplishments.

That's rich coming from someone in one of the most disingenuous guilds on the server.

Ignore everything I wrote, then blatantly lie and portray what I wrote as something else.

earlier I wrote "players" as in plural who were critical of the raid scene here. I guess comprehension isn't your strong suit is it.

That or you just like to take things out of context and blatantly lie regarding what others write or say.

Anyway I am done bantering with you, your fake community-first mantra doesn't fool me and I wouldn't be surprised at all if your guild is the biggest roadblock stopping ALS from accomplishing their server goals.

gummab
02-26-2017, 04:10 PM
Time to move this thread to RnF,someone's gone full retard..

Lhancelot
02-26-2017, 04:21 PM
Time to move this thread to RnF,someone's gone full retard..

Let's just say, GL to ALS getting to raid lower tier raid mobs when they can.

The chances are great seeing people are aware of their request and guilds are agreeing to making arrangements for them to do so. :p