PDA

View Full Version : Melee and big loots

Kelor
02-18-2017, 01:05 PM
What tank/melee class would you say has best chance of getting into a big loot camp group? i mean stuff like Fungi camp.

Lhancelot
02-18-2017, 01:27 PM
Shaman.

Baler
02-18-2017, 01:38 PM
well geared monk or well geared warrior
Is your best option if you are serious about being melee or tank.
Maybe rogue but they don't fill the same role as a puller(Monk) or tank(warrior) they're more or less just DPS.

Hybrid warriors(pally/sk/ranger) debatable. If you're level 60 and well geared. I'd lean towards ranger, maybe sk, pally coming in last.
disciplines
People can say what they want about rangers but WEAPONSHIELD is just awesome.

Shaman.
Did you even read the thread before responding? wow
---
A shaman or Enchanter, one of them will be in the group.
A cleric will be in the group.

Lhancelot
02-18-2017, 02:02 PM
Did you even read the thread before responding? wow
---
A shaman or Enchanter, one of them will be in the group.
A cleric will be in the group.

It was an inside joke.

You sure are wound up tight, man. Gonna have a heart attack or stroke at an early age if you keep that up. :(

***After further thought on the matter, I stick by my answer.

OP - Shaman!

Troxx
02-18-2017, 07:14 PM
Monk always - all the big camps.

Warriors do shine in camps like king - but scoring an invite to a random group isn't likely to happen.

To be honest, any of the following classes can tank king: war, pal, sk, monk, bard, shaman, ranger. Warrior and well geared monks are obviously going to "tank" better defensively, but having instant aggro lock makes knight/bard almost easier with a full complement of buffs. You might need more total healing but you save the healer mana but not having ping pong aggro.

I still enjoy tanking on my bard. I'm looking forward if the parry cap getting raised from 75 to 185.

Swish
02-18-2017, 07:32 PM
So bards become better tanks as they level? I have two in the 40s (one on red, one on blue) and they tank like shit...gear isn't Velious gear though.

lurk
02-18-2017, 09:09 PM
Bards tank? Yeah sure they wear plate and can hold agro but being able to tank king aint a huge accomplishment as im sure literally any class can tank him

Danth
02-19-2017, 03:41 AM
What tank/melee class would you say has best chance of getting into a big loot camp group? i mean stuff like Fungi camp.

Mostly on P1999 pick-up groups don't care what plate tank they have.

Of the tanks, Shadow Knight has a modest advantage for King camp, specifically, because it can flop down to the camp on its own. Some groups don't have people (or the inclination) to drag or Call of the Hero. I've never known a group there to care which plate tank they have otherwise, except when they want quick aggro which also favors the hybrids.

Warrior has a certain advantage for farming a few specific difficult things (ixiblat, etc), but that's not something you'll see in pick-up groups. As a more general rule, getting into the best "big loot camps" is more a question of having friends. These types of camps tend to be taken more often than not, often by friends or guild groups that don't necessarily invite randoms.

Danth

mickmoranis
02-19-2017, 05:23 AM
monk or war is the right class but anything'll do.

Lhancelot
02-19-2017, 11:25 AM
As a more general rule, getting into the best "big loot camps" is more a question of having neckbeard friends. These types of camps tend to be taken more often than not, often by neckbeard friends or neckbeard cartels that don't necessarily invite randoms.

Fixed for you, Danth.

Twochain
02-20-2017, 11:46 AM
Monk.. it's not even close imo. King camp pretty much REQUIRES a monk, and if you're geared well enough, i.e, fungi.. nice haste and weapons with procs to keep agro.. you're going to ALWAYS get a group. Especially now that sneak doesn't memblur.. you might see a lot of king groups use two monks for pulls.

Rygar
02-20-2017, 12:12 PM
Curious if Paladin and Bards may overtake preferred tanks? Can do the pulling with lulls now that sneak memblur been fixed + snap agro.