PDA

View Full Version : Necro Solo spots 34 - 37 range?

Jupitaur
02-20-2017, 12:28 PM
Almost 34 and I have no idea where to go from 34-37

Any suggestions

Ravager
02-20-2017, 12:36 PM
If you're looking for something easy, don't care about loot, FV has lots of squishy rogue mobs to kill, once those turn green, the dogs are blue until like 42. If you want to make a bit of loot, Mistmoore is good until about 42. You can set up camp on the bridge that goes to the tower and pull mobs to that, the avenging caitiff spawns down the stairs around the corner and there are a bunch of gargoyles in the rooms and halls nearby.

NecroP99
02-20-2017, 12:41 PM
Oasis spectre's is a great spot, but 34 is a bit low. I think you can go get pretty good XP there starting at 36 or 37 but you may want to double check or get a partner. You should probably be duoing anyways since solo is trash

Mzy12345
02-20-2017, 01:07 PM
Unrest for Hags Tower. 2 very low hp casters (once broken and you kill before they buff) on 6 minute timers plus a named in the middle on 18 minute (may be wrong been awhile) plus a pather outside on the same timer. One of the highest ZEMs in the game and you can stay all the way to 39 or 40 if you want. Went from 34 to 39 in a weekend here pretty easily on an enchanter.

Only downside is if it is camped you would need to go to the basement and I don't think you could solo that.

Heavenzoutcast
02-20-2017, 01:17 PM
Hhk guards or misty guards.

Tann
02-20-2017, 01:42 PM
34-40 iceclad cougers/dervs/direwolves/giants, if you like to play single player that is.

Jupitaur
02-20-2017, 01:54 PM
You should probably be duoing anyways since solo is trash

Really?? As a 34 necro

What are some good duo combos then

Enjoying the suggestions so far, thanks

NecroP99
02-20-2017, 03:23 PM
I think the spectres are around level 35...best partner for a necromancer is either another necromancer or a shaman. I don't think you have the good healing yet at 34 or I would say Monk.

Really any caster works well at Spectres with a necro - you can pull the ones at the top of the tower solo if you cast dispel on them

Jupitaur
02-20-2017, 04:42 PM
If you cast dispel on them

Why do you cast dispel on them, just wondering. And any other tips for spectre hunting ?

William_Munny15
02-20-2017, 05:06 PM
I think at 34 i was killing the 2 druids at the WC rings, and either the 2 toll booth guards, or if those were camped i'd kill the 2 dwarves that resize crafted armor right outside the inn there in WC. Doing 4 mobs left me with maybe a minute of down time before the druids would respawn at the ring. It's pretty good exp honestly, and no shortage of people porting in to get a sow / skin from to make it even faster

Dreenk317
02-20-2017, 05:14 PM
Why do you cast dispel on them, just wondering. And any other tips for spectre hunting ?

Because the ones at the top of the tower are not in line of sight. You can however target the from outside on the ground if your looking up at the proper angle. Then you use dispel because you don't need line of sight to cast it (iirc it operates like a heal in that sense). And voila, you've got incoming

Also, kaesora is fun for learning to charm on a necro. And insane exp

NecroP99
02-20-2017, 05:23 PM
Because the ones at the top of the tower are not in line of sight. You can however target the from outside on the ground if your looking up at the proper angle. Then you use dispel because you don't need line of sight to cast it (iirc it operates like a heal in that sense). And voila, you've got incoming

Also, kaesora is fun for learning to charm on a necro. And insane exp

yea this is accurate - dispel doesn't have a line of sight check and it doesn't social the other ones that are up top. Its probably technically a bug/glitch but I believe it to be classic as well. Same thing foes for Numb the Dead in Howling Stones, you can cast it without LoS to reduce adds. when charming.

other tip is when you are breaking the camp bring them down to the peninsula that leads out towards the underwater goblin fort. You need to keep them SLLLOOOWED and DoT'd, if slow wears off they are going to run into another spectre. once you get the first 2 down it gets pretty easy.

Gumbo
02-20-2017, 06:37 PM
You can always hang out in Mistmoore and just have your pet /assist the main tank.

The Prez
02-20-2017, 10:42 PM
Unrest FTW

Jorgam
02-20-2017, 10:49 PM
Kaesora for indoor.

FV or frontier mountains for outdoors.

I've never done any guard killing for xp, so I can't say these are better, but they are very good xp at those lvls.

Any Kunark brute model mob in lvl range is a good choice too. Low hps and good xp! Usually respawns very fast too.

GL!

relentlessimp
02-21-2017, 05:11 AM
For 34-39, I like the guards at the North Karana bridge. Super easy to ST split, root-rot to death, then repeat. They're on a fairly short timer, and die quick when dotted up. Once you have them broken, you can break out the pet and fear them around rather than relying on Root-Rot (they break Root, the spell, fairly often).

Once you hit 39 I suggest Feerrott or Oasis specs, they die super easy.

thebutthat
02-21-2017, 02:08 PM
Misty Thicket guards is pretty solid, and a nice little cash in spot. That's how most necro's use to afford their CoS before they were nerfed. Crystal Caverns is also a fun little zone you can toy around in from 30ish to well into your 40s.

Tann
02-21-2017, 02:36 PM
Nurga is another option, post i've reposted a few times.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2401736&postcount=377

Panicsferd
02-22-2017, 10:09 PM
From 34-37 I did FM (Frontier Mountains) giants at the fort and as long as you stay near the fort you shouldn't have to worry about getting adds while fighting giants and when you're are 34 you get new fear and your root.

You can safely fear kite outside the fort, but from my experience you want to not do that inside the fort and instead maybe root rot.

I then headed to OT to try it a bit and managed to get a level there so then I was 38, and then decided to try out the spectres - I first tried them out at 36 and that was deadly and painful since some of the specs were white or even yellow to me and resisted all my spells.

But once I was 38 I didn't have an issue with the spectres as much as I did back when I was 36... I then leveled from 38-40 on spectres and I am now back in OT killing mobs since now it seems to go a lot better now that I'm 40. I decided to head back to OT since the spectres were getting slow being in a hell level and I guess what normally happens is they (the oasis ones) are always camped.

Also what I was using myself was sasserdrix's necro guide and that kind of tells you where to go, I'm not sure where it sent you at 34-37, but I think 37-44 was specs I believe?