PDA

View Full Version : Starting evil alts

Darguth
02-21-2017, 10:01 AM
Are there any good XP-granting quests for low level, evil characters similar to CB belts/pads? Lowbie grinding is perhaps my least favorite part of the game so when I start alts I like to get them at least into the early-to-mid teens through some form of PLing. Generally I just use belts/pads because I can buy or farm them faster than paying for a PLer I feel, but I'm not sure the best way to accomplish for evil toons as I've never really played them previously. Thoughts?

Tupakk
02-21-2017, 10:44 AM
Cab has Bone Chip turn ins I do believe. Im not sure of how well they are as far as exp.

Hiyodori
02-21-2017, 10:53 AM
Bone Chip quests from all the cities exp gain is extremely negligible. They can move the bar a little bit until level 3 or 4, but then they don't seem to move it much at all from there. Bone Chip turn-ins are mainly for faction. In regards to the question, depends on what evil race you are planning on choosing. Lizard tails, etc. for Ogres works pretty well for exp.

EQBallzz
02-21-2017, 10:55 AM
Cab also has the curscale armor quest. Pretty decent xp for a while up to level 8 or so iirc.

SoekiWiz
02-21-2017, 11:33 AM
Lots of stuff out there as the others have mentioned. Including fire beetle eyes in Neriak, etc.

Nothing comparable to what the goody two shoes races get that I'm aware of. Deathfist belts are pretty good, and you might be able to do left goblin ears if someone lends you a faction pendant, but I haven't tried so I can't confirm.

Shodo
02-21-2017, 11:44 AM
Depending on how evil we're talking, deathfist belts in west freeport are pretty good - can do them on some dark elves depending on class/religion, others might need some faction work first.

xKoopa
02-21-2017, 11:53 AM
Could grab the brazier from upper guk

Think its a lvl 10ish fire pet clicky

maskedmelon
02-21-2017, 12:12 PM
can do CB belts if you evil, just need to slay some or a first. don't see why you'd have aversion to it if to evil either.

Blingy
02-21-2017, 12:44 PM
Lizardman broodlings in feerrott have a nice turn-in. The xp dries up around level 6 though.

Tupakk
02-21-2017, 01:06 PM
Bone Chip quests from all the cities exp gain is extremely negligible. They can move the bar a little bit until level 3 or 4, but then they don't seem to move it much at all from there. Bone Chip turn-ins are mainly for faction. In regards to the question, depends on what evil race you are planning on choosing. Lizard tails, etc. for Ogres works pretty well for exp.

We have 2 accounts of toons that did bone chip turn-ins til 11 or 12 no prob. If he is buying up and not starting from scratch then getting 60 stacks of chips is no issue at all and will net him what he wants, which is to get to the low teens.

I do know that Cab has less exp than Kaladim that is for sure but its not that smaller.

Darguth
02-21-2017, 01:21 PM
I'm specifically looking at Trolls (shaman and SK) if that matters. Again, I'm not really familiar with playing evil races in the past.

EQBallzz
02-21-2017, 01:26 PM
It should probably also be noted (since you didn't mention a specific race) that DF belts *can* be turned in by evil races. You can just fill your bags then get a friendly druid to wolf form you in WFP and turn them into Hazran (corrupt guard). You can also collect Cutthroat Insignia Rings from dervs in WC/NRO/SRO and turn those in for some nice XP to Ortalius in SRO (indifferent Orc at a little camp near Oasis ZL). Just give him 3 rings at a time for some nice XP. I think you can do the same wolf form trick in HPH with Orc Scalps.

Tupakk
02-21-2017, 01:32 PM
Being a Troll you wont get to do much besides the odd ball turn ins.

dude
02-21-2017, 02:43 PM
http://wiki.project1999.com/Innoruuk_Symbol_Quests

very nice to have.

Was also fun to do.