PDA

View Full Version : Gauging Interest: Open HoT Raids

SoekiWiz
02-21-2017, 11:29 AM
Wish your guild did HoT more?
Not in a guild?
Don't wanna spend hard earned DKP on HoT armor?
Do you know the muffin man?
How much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood?

Hi folks,

Adjusting to my "more leisurely" playstyle. Aka ragequitting my EQ fam and not knowing wtf to do with myself.

I'm considering putting together a public, optionally batphoneable HoT raid force. I've seen lots of good ideas on how loot is handled that I'd like to mash up. Open to feedback!

The goal here is gear people up -- not farm things for selling, although there will 100% be items won that will go for sale. Breakdown inc...

Folks would "sign up" to be included. Raid formations would be communicated via Discord (so you can use it as a batphone alert if you'd like).
Level restrictions will probably be put in place, pending interest and what we need. Aka a L55 Cleric can add significant value whereas a L55 Wizard is going to sit on his thumb the whole time. We're looking for efficiency, not zerg.

My favorite loot system so far with some tweaks:

You may choose 1 "primary" and 2 "secondary" items upon arrival

If an item drops, all raid members who have selected it as primary may roll

If nobody has chosen the item as primary, all secondary electors may roll

If the item is on nobody's primary or secondary list, it becomes an FFA roll

Whatever your method of winning the drop, it is yours to do with as you wish. Wear it, MQ it to an alt, TunnelQuest it, destroy it, whatever. It's yours.

Item selections will be blind, meaning you will not see what others have chosen with one exception. The idea is to encourage people to select the pieces they really need instead of "what did nobody pick so I can get that and sell it." The exception will be the person holding the spreadsheet recording everyone's selections. Theirs must be public to avoid funnybusiness.

I'd also like to see a cooldown on drop eligibility. Aka if we're raiding for 4 hours, and JohnnyMcTankster comes in and wins a Plate BP, I don't want the people sitting there for 4 hours to lose their marbles. Have to think more on this.

Curious if there's any interest in this.

Tankoos,

Soeki

jijii
02-21-2017, 11:44 AM
my VERY small guild would be interested - there's 4-5 of us depending on the day:

monk (60), rogue (56), shaman (57), enchanter (55), cleric (55)

The non-60s are currently pushing for 60.

I wonder if there are other small guilds that would be interested...

SoekiWiz
02-21-2017, 11:46 AM
my VERY small guild would be interested - there's 4-5 of us depending on the day:

monk (60), rogue (56), shaman (57), enchanter (55), cleric (55)

The non-60s are currently pushing for 60.

I wonder if there are other small guilds that would be interested...

That's kinda the point :P

If it goes well, we can pop some other raid targets that aren't insta killed. I have some ideas, but we'll start with HoT, see if that gets off the ground.

Froakula
02-21-2017, 11:53 AM
What day/time timezone are you thinking these would happen?

Cecily
02-21-2017, 12:22 PM
I'm down to provide premium fire support for west / ent mobs. Not so much HoT. And goes for anyone willing to give me a shot at Kael chain legs.

Topgunben
02-21-2017, 12:37 PM
I'm interested. 53 necromancer, I know for sure I could bring a couple friends to these.

SoekiWiz
02-21-2017, 12:38 PM
I'm down to provide premium fire support for west / ent mobs. Not so much HoT. And goes for anyone willing to give me a shot at Kael chain legs.

Every time you post I think your avatar is Smurfette mooning everyone. Then I realize those are her knees, and not asscheeks, and I'm a filthy minded creep.

Heebo
02-21-2017, 12:42 PM
Every time you post I think your avatar is Smurfette mooning everyone. Then I realize those are her knees, and not asscheeks, and I'm a filthy minded creep.

Holy shit. TIL

Connecticut
02-21-2017, 02:34 PM
This sounds like a good time.
You have my interest.

SoekiWiz
02-21-2017, 03:26 PM
What day/time timezone are you thinking these would happen?

I typically play after 5/6PM Eastern during the week. I'm also known to sit there all day on weekends if nothing else comes up.

To start, we'd probably be looking into these timeframes.

Ultimately, I'd love to build a network of people which will hopefully include other folks who can step up to the plate and run the gig in my absence.

It's looking like the primary candidates for this type of get together are folks in the smaller guilds and non-raiding guilds, aka some DAP Wizzies / Druids, the folks from Paradox as the other guy mentioned, etc.

I've bumped into some Veloci Shift members in my exp'ing on my Enchanter, I feel like they'd be good candidates as well.

Anyone happen to be familiar with the L60 non A/A scene? I only know my broskies and seesters from my time spent amongst the ranks of Aftermath, some of whom I plan on inviting personally.

Nuggie
02-21-2017, 09:29 PM
@soeki build it and they will come.

@Cecily more ntov crawls would solve this problem, I think

Quidello
02-21-2017, 10:05 PM
Mobwai would like to participate.

We are a small guild, but most of us are 60.

Eabon
02-21-2017, 10:32 PM
Looks familiar ;)

Caiu
02-21-2017, 11:08 PM
in

Dreenk317
02-21-2017, 11:36 PM
Definitely interested. Can come on a 60 shaman or a 52 and climbing monk.

SoekiWiz
02-21-2017, 11:52 PM
Happy to see some momentum :) I'll update my Discord and post the info tomorrow.

Smaller guild folk, if you are familiar with any others who may be interested please direct them here!

Arislyn
02-22-2017, 12:08 AM
I'd be down. 60 shaman with torpor, malo etc here.

Swish
02-22-2017, 12:12 AM
Are there going to be any resist gear requirements/recommendations?

Ella`Ella
02-22-2017, 01:44 AM

Wow...mind blown.

Phatez
02-22-2017, 03:13 AM
I like your ruleset Soeki ��. I am curious as to your ideas to prevent someone joining after 4h and priority on plate legs? I thought about adding something like rule 6 to my raids, but I thought it would discourage people who weren't there from the beginning to come join, and thus cause the raid to wither with time.

Phatez

alsa
02-22-2017, 08:43 AM
100% interested. Have 60 enchanter, cleric, bard, ranger and mage if going HoT, 60 shaman, monk, druid, warrior if going west. Timezone eastern, after 9pm.

Skew
02-22-2017, 09:08 AM
I've got alts to feed so happy to bring DPS for this.

SoekiWiz
02-22-2017, 12:12 PM
100% interested. Have 60 enchanter, cleric, bard, ranger and mage if going HoT, 60 shaman, monk, druid, warrior if going west. Timezone eastern, after 9pm.

You're a fuckin beast!

SoekiWiz
02-22-2017, 12:24 PM
I've got alts to feed so happy to bring DPS for this.

*thumbs up* Roger, Roger.

SoekiWiz
02-22-2017, 12:25 PM
Are there going to be any resist gear requirements/recommendations?

Recommendations, absolutely.

Requirements, not set in stone. Some folks will be more familiar, aka casters (like myself) wall-blocking AE's by timing them properly, etc.

If I see someone struggling, I'll make recommendations on what to change. If it gets to a point they're dying so much they aren't really contributing to the raid, we'll have a different conversation.

Glad you pointed that out, thank you.

SoekiWiz
02-22-2017, 12:28 PM
I like your ruleset Soeki ��. I am curious as to your ideas to prevent someone joining after 4h and priority on plate legs? I thought about adding something like rule 6 to my raids, but I thought it would discourage people who weren't there from the beginning to come join, and thus cause the raid to wither with time.

Phatez

Hey Phatez! Your raids are fantastic sir. A lot of your planning was part of what inspired this. I'd love to have some AM brothers/sisters with me when y'all don't have raid targets that need murderizing.

Couple of thoughts.

One could be the cooldown option I mentioned.

Another could be some sort of multiplier, for example every x amount of hours you spend you get an extra roll (I'd keep track over time, so you could maybe earn 2 hours today, 2 hours tomorrow, etc). Wouldn't be perfect, but would favor those who contribute the most.

What do you think?

SoekiWiz
02-22-2017, 12:28 PM
Wow...mind blown.

I knew you'd catch that post :P

SoekiWiz
02-22-2017, 12:29 PM
Mobwai would like to participate.

We are a small guild, but most of us are 60.

Your description of your guild is one of the primary candidates I had in mind.

Small, tight knit group, solid players, looking to gear up. Let's git er DUN.

SoekiWiz
02-22-2017, 12:31 PM
This sounds like a good time.
You have my interest.

Hola Dialer!

Would be fantastic to have DAP on board. Druids are good for spot heals, everybody loves a PotG, and some Wizards never hurt.

Plus I'm sure people are gonna need portage to get over :P

Would you mind speaking to the other folks in the guild on my behalf?

SoekiWiz
02-22-2017, 12:36 PM
Fresh Discord server up and running for this endeavor - https://discord.gg/vyMakXz to join

*** For those of you who have expressed interest, I have some requests of you to help me coordinate ***

Please join the Discord server.
Please PM me your:

Character name(s)
Level(s) and Class(Classes)
Typical play time
Whether or not you're a member of a guild who may have other interested members

Please send me a confirmation that you've joined the Discord server.

I'd like to fire this up either late tonight if we have enough interest, otherwise tomorrow or this weekend.

ardyes
02-22-2017, 12:53 PM
Can bring my 59 bard for this:cool:

SoekiWiz
02-22-2017, 01:55 PM
Just trying to think about class level requirements based on what's going to happen on these raids. Obviously prefer 60, this is incase we need to fill the ranks and 60's are not available.

Open to suggestion:

Bard - 58 with OOS
Cleric - 55
Druid - 58
Enchanter - 55 with C2
Magician - 59 with Malosini
Monk - 58
Necromancer - 59 with L57 Summon corpse
Paladin - 59
Ranger - 58
Rogue - 58
Shadow Knight - 59
Shaman - 58
Warrior - 59
Wizard - 60 with Lure of Ice

mev
02-23-2017, 02:46 AM
Just trying to think about class level requirements based on what's going to happen on these raids. Obviously prefer 60, this is incase we need to fill the ranks and 60's are not available.

Open to suggestion:

Bard - 58 with OOS
Cleric - 55
Druid - 58
Enchanter - 55 with C2
Magician - 59 with Malosini
Monk - 58
Necromancer - 59 with L57 Summon corpse
Paladin - 59
Ranger - 58
Rogue - 58
Shadow Knight - 59
Shaman - 58
Warrior - 59
Wizard - 60 with Lure of Ice

I think that a lot of these requirements could be lowered. For instance, a lower level mage would be useful for CotHing pullers and making mod rods; a lower level druid would be useful for refreshing resists; a lower level shaman would be useful for keeping everyone buffed. If there is sufficient interest among higher level folks, then no need to lower the requirements, but it might be the case that you have trouble finding specific classes.

Pheer
02-23-2017, 06:49 AM
if you pick the date/time wisely then I don't think you'll have any problem getting enough 60s

SoekiWiz
02-23-2017, 11:34 AM
I think that a lot of these requirements could be lowered. For instance, a lower level mage would be useful for CotHing pullers and making mod rods; a lower level druid would be useful for refreshing resists; a lower level shaman would be useful for keeping everyone buffed. If there is sufficient interest among higher level folks, then no need to lower the requirements, but it might be the case that you have trouble finding specific classes.

CotH Mage, agree.
1 Druid if we don't have a 60 to rotate circles, agree.
Shaman, ehhhh I dunno.

I also considered lowering necro and bard as mana battery candidates.

Ty for feedback

SoekiWiz
02-23-2017, 11:35 AM
if you pick the date/time wisely then I don't think you'll have any problem getting enough 60s

I'm inclined to agree.

Multiple times per week is a goal. To start with, I'll likely begin on days where important shit isn't in window. Who wants to do HoT on a Monday anyway? :P

SoekiWiz
02-24-2017, 12:02 PM
Morning folks,

Looking to have a go at it this weekend.

I need interested parties to at least join the Discord for an easy tally of who's available. If you're interested, I'd really like a PM with level/class/play time.

We could also use some headcount if you want to tell your friends.

SoekiWiz
02-24-2017, 12:11 PM
https://discord.gg/vyMakXz

Pheer
02-24-2017, 01:10 PM
should probably make a new thread with date/time etc. etc. once youve decided on one

Mortiis
02-24-2017, 01:29 PM
I'd be down. 60 shaman with torpor, malo etc here.

Second that with a SK 50's and rising tank. Along with the GF 55 cleric.

skarlorn
02-24-2017, 02:32 PM
i could come on my raid geared level 60 warlord filbus the halfling

but i will not

SoekiWiz
02-24-2017, 02:45 PM
i could come on my raid geared level 60 warlord filbus the halfling

but i will not

I'm only required to invite 1 of every race/class for LawyerQuest Equal Opportunity Raid Compliance purposes. As a Dark Elf at my core, I must tell you that my discontent for halflinks makes me happy you shan't be in attendance. Unless I run out of food. Then I will urge you to come.

(Feel free to come if/when you like :P)

SoekiWiz
02-26-2017, 05:58 PM
Bump -- 25 members are currently in the Discord server. I'd like to see 35 then we can start trying to form up. Maybe not today, but soon.

Please join Discord.

Phatez
02-26-2017, 06:28 PM
You need, at minimum:

1 60 Bard
1 60 Ench
1 60 Torp Sham
1 60 Cler
1 60 Gearedish Warr
1 puller with beads

Jmcwrestling
02-27-2017, 09:32 AM
Can bring any character in my sig
Deepwalter is itching for action

SoekiWiz
02-27-2017, 11:58 AM
(Posting here to reference in LFM thread)
Class / Level Restrictions

*** Please note, these are firm but not set in stone.
**For example, a L58 Warrior (even if he's a dirty halfbreed) in full Thurgadin Quest armor with other solid gear can viably tank this stuff, versus let's say a 59 Warrior who's wearing Crustacean Shell Armor.
*These are a guideline. Ultimately, acceptance will be based on whether or not the candidate (in my opinion) will be able to effectively contribute to the raid.

Bard - 55 w/ OOS
Cleric - 55
Druid - 60 (May consider 57+ for SG Evac/Resist Circles if no 60 is present)
Enchanter - 58 preferably w/ Bedlam
Magician - 55 w/ CotH & Mod Rod
Monk - 58
Necromancer - 57 w/ Corpse Summon
Paladin - See Warrior
Ranger - 58
Rogue - 58
Shadow Knight - See Warrior
Shaman - 58 (Need at least 1 Torp Shm)
Warrior - 58 w/ very good gear
Wizard - 60 w/ Lure of Ice

For any raid to begin, I would like at a minimum
60 Bard x 1
58+ Enchanter x 1
60 Torpor Shaman x 1
60 Cleric x 1
60 Well Geared Warrior
60 Druid
FD Puller w/ Holgresh Beads
3-4 Melee DPS

SoekiWiz
02-27-2017, 12:12 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2476812#post2476812

Share this one with your elfpals who want to come Haich Oh Tee with us~

Riddick
03-03-2017, 04:26 PM
I'm in, assuming it's weekends, can't commit to weekdays in most situations.

58 Necromancer