PDA

View Full Version : Awakened and Aftermath are still camping fear golems.

Dolalin
02-23-2017, 05:40 AM
And I don't blame them one bit.

Server staff, this box is incredibly top-heavy. Why are respawns still so long? When the top two guilds on the box are still socking fear golems of all things, something's gotta be wrong. There's nothing else to do.

Sancta
02-23-2017, 05:44 AM
Except they don't

Dolalin
02-23-2017, 05:46 AM
Their trackers in fear say otherwise. Though again, this isn't really about them. It's about a top-heavy box with a thousand raid-geared players that have nothing to do 6/7 days of the week.

Izmael
02-23-2017, 09:36 AM
Meet in the Arena and PvP, endless fun for everyone.

arsenalpow
02-23-2017, 09:39 AM
Consider Phinny.

Amyas
02-23-2017, 09:48 AM
I would love to be able to get a fear raid going perhaps the repop times should be upped?

icedwards
02-23-2017, 09:52 AM
I thought it was well known at this point that it's FoH/Venerate that sit on golem spawn points for the entire 16 hours.

Connecticut
02-23-2017, 09:55 AM

Server staff, this box is incredibly top-heavy. Why are respawns still so long? When the top two guilds on the box are still socking fear golems of all things, something's gotta be wrong. There's nothing else to do.

Respawn timers aren't long, shits classic.

Top 2 guilds poopsocking golems makes perfect sense.
http://i.imgur.com/9ycWtQu.gif

There are two very viable solutions. Both will keep the server classic.
Get a pair of socks, or just accept you're not as immersed as others.
Triggered respawns and loot handouts are on phinny.

smitho1984
02-23-2017, 09:59 AM
First things first, AW/AM do not "Sock" golems. They contest them if nothing else or when very little is in window, but do not sock. Secondly, golems drop some amazing items still important to all players of p99 such as puppet strings, Slime blood of cazic thule, amulet of necropotence, bone clasped girdle.... so why wouldnt they? any guild on the server with a 46+ raid force can do golems. Start a practice server and practice engaging them instead of crying on the forums, and its much more satisfying in the end.

arsenalpow
02-23-2017, 10:01 AM
I thought it was well known at this point that it's FoH/Venerate that sit on golem spawn points for the entire 16 hours.

This has always been a potayto potahto situation. Smaller guilds will actually sock (physically sit there with a force if allowed) and bigger guilds will functionally sock (constant tracking, batphone ready, fully buffed camped out, experienced enough to train/peel)

It's the same shit. You can't whine about FoH/Venerate when A/A are essentially doing the same thing.

icedwards
02-23-2017, 10:02 AM
This has always been a potayto potahto situation. Smaller guilds will actually sock (physically sit there with a force) and bigger guilds will functionally sock (constant tracking, batphone ready, fully buffed camped out, experienced enough to train/peel)

It's the same shit. You can't whine about FoH/Venerate when A/A are essentially doing the same shit.

Not whining, power to them if they want to poopsock.

arsenalpow
02-23-2017, 10:05 AM
Ok, whining isn't a fair word to use there. The A/A cheerleaders will absolutely deride the smaller guilds for truely socking though and use language like "contest" when describing the tactics A/A use. My point is it's all the same shit.

Expediency
02-23-2017, 10:11 AM
Consider Phinny.

Do you go on the phinny server and yell " try p99 forums?"

arsenalpow
02-23-2017, 10:15 AM
Do you go on the phinny server and yell " try p99 forums?"

Obviously.

If people truly want to raid without the crazy effort / time commitment, then they need to find another place to do it. TAKP is supposed to be a good option, Phinny is what I recommend, and allegedly they are launching a fresh TLP this summer. You can't force a square peg into a round hole.

Jimjam
02-23-2017, 10:34 AM
allegedly they are launching a fresh TLP this summer.That is some juicy goss! Might give that one a go!

Vallanor
02-23-2017, 10:43 AM
Chest is wrong! P99 raid scene is awesome! Racing is super fun and competitive and a great way to sort out the alpha males from the betas since as we know, alpha males are really good at staring at screens.

While there are a lot of great things about P99 raiding, I especially love that A/A are unwilling to rotate VP. It's only been 18 months since Velious released, so this is totally understandable.

Everyone should try P99 raiding today!!

Munkh
02-23-2017, 10:45 AM
I know I am slightly off topic, but I've never gone to the Phinny Server. Is it more populated then P1999 Blue?

arsenalpow
02-23-2017, 10:55 AM
I know I am slightly off topic, but I've never gone to the Phinny Server. Is it more populated then P1999 Blue?

Yes, by a lot. There's at minimum 20 raid guilds that completed all of the Luclin encounters. There's at least that many if not more doing PoP. The guilds span every possible genre: ultra hardcore, casual, super casual, euro time, EST, PST, Aussie, and everything in between. You can even bring your entire guild over a tailor a raid schedule to your people.

Bellringer
02-23-2017, 10:58 AM
I especially love that A/A are unwilling to rotate VP.

Pretty sure Rustle got last spawn of VP because they know how to prioritize targets.

arsenalpow
02-23-2017, 11:01 AM
Pretty sure Rustle got last spawn of VP because they know how to prioritize targets.

Rustle is also mostly retired hardcore raiders that know all the tricks and are willing to employ that hardcore skillset for very short bursts of time.

Bellringer
02-23-2017, 11:10 AM
Rustle is also mostly retired hardcore raiders that know all the tricks and are willing to employ that hardcore skillset for very short bursts of time.

tricks is a pretty deceptive word. How about use the phrase "better at Everquest". Furthermore, I'm fairly certain many things in VP have changed since the leashing patch.

arsenalpow
02-23-2017, 11:20 AM
tricks is a pretty deceptive word. How about use the phrase "better at Everquest". Furthermore, I'm fairly certain many things in VP have changed since the leashing patch.

Yikes lol

kotton05
02-23-2017, 11:29 AM

Top kek. I think sw got snagged at an off hour along with PD but rest was ours and next week all will be! I'd rather spend my days killing nexona with 3 groups than be apart of the zerg (don't take that the wrong way in order to get non 32k mobs and race like a/a does it takes a Zerg more power to them) and yes priorities priorities it's all about that low hanging fruit which is what's going on here with golems too.

As for the golems. Anything with loot that's 300k + will be permantly socked/contested. I don't see a/a really being shitbags at golems tho. They don't poop them. They camp out an alt force bigger than most guilds outside fear, basically same thing tho. There is no escape OP. Poop or get off the pot basically unless you're organized enough to camp out and bphone pops.

Daldaen
02-23-2017, 11:29 AM
Blame the developers for their itemization putting 1-2 useful items on damn near every raid mob from classic-Velious.

If they didn't drop AoN or Puppet Strings, they wouldn't be tracked and killed. But itemization aside, it's a lack of content.

There isn't enough time consuming content for these top guilds to raid for them to want to take days off and ignore these targets. When mobs die within 5 minutes of their spawn people often are going to want to raid more if they're just regular batphone warriors.

Not much can be done classicly to resolve this other than maybe removing binds in ToV to force a bit more clearing to occur and even then that will likely just be 1-2 days a week. These 3-day respawn targets occur outside of their regularly schedule poopsocking days so they are prime targets to get a little raiding in on the off days.

The thing is... hardcore guilds would raid 3-4+ times a week for a few hours each night. Because of the way it's done here, each raid typically only take like 10 minutes from the batphone time so nerds want to raid more. The problem arises because of the fact that in order to partake in these raids you need atleast a guy in your guild willing to sit around for 16 hours waiting for the mob to spawn and you need 20-60 dudes willing to respond to a batphone in a short period of time.

In short, Velious sucks. Not enough content to slake the lust of two hardcore guilds. Thus the pooping in a sock to get Golems. They just want to raid.

Should split the server and launch Luclin on the other server. Praise be to Luclin.

RedXIII
02-23-2017, 11:40 AM
Woot new thread to watch and laugh at all the "i want free pixels" people.

Good job FH and Venerate for socking things you guys really want. Proud of you. Keep it up! \o/

Bellringer
02-23-2017, 11:40 AM
The removing binds won't slow anything down. It'll just change the pull tactic again, you'll get your classic immerse from it but it won't change anything for time wise on killing mobs. The intelligent people will always adapt to a more efficient way of doings things.

Gotta remember dald pushed hard for leashing and all that did was bring in non classic timeline mechanics and break other mechanics.

As usual, thanks dald!

I still miss buff timers.

Daldaen
02-23-2017, 11:41 AM
The removing binds won't slow anything down. It'll just change the pull tactic again, you'll get your classic immerse from it but it won't change anything for time wise on killing mobs. The intelligent people will always adapt to a more efficient way of doings things.

More or less, I agree.

Some pulls will be made more challenging but it won't slow too terribly much down. But shits classic. Between necros FDed with pets, rogues CoTH'd before Javs hit and coordinated DA Trains, it won't slow down much.

Even if they decide to permaroot the dragons, I'm not sure how much trash clearing will go on. I expect people will try to countertrain out as much as possible and hold the train while they rush in a raid.

Need that Luclin baby. Vex Thal contested targets would be incredible. CoTH racing to the blobs when someone steps outside the triangle and wipes people out. Mmm so gooood.

Lhancelot
02-23-2017, 11:42 AM
Ok, whining isn't a fair word to use there. The A/A cheerleaders will absolutely deride the smaller guilds for truely socking though and use language like "contest" when describing the tactics A/A use. My point is it's all the same shit.

QFT. ^^^

Muggens
02-23-2017, 11:47 AM
It's about a top-heavy box with a thousand raid-geared players that have nothing to do 6/7 days of the week.

Can always get off the chair and let those zits infested asses breathe alittle? :rolleyes:

Topgunben
02-23-2017, 12:06 PM

I agree with you, the server has become too top heavy. I only hope that if enough people complain, spawn times well be greatly reduced.

All that said, P99 is still the best server, there is just no end game for casuals or semi casuals.

Pokesan
02-23-2017, 12:14 PM
if Awakened doesn't like the golem sitting maybe they should step up, recruit and contest, and learn to git gud

on this server you get what you earn when you earn it. stop whining.

kotton05
02-23-2017, 12:19 PM
I agree with you, the server has become too top heavy. I only hope that if enough people complain, spawn times well be greatly reduced.

All that said, P99 is still the best server, there is just no end game for casuals or semi casuals.

Chardok aoe really helped with tho but with that a lot but with all it's faults p99 def is the best

Bellringer
02-23-2017, 12:28 PM
I don't think we care they sit on golems tbh. It's just funny they claim to be casual when they plant their ass on a golem spawn for 16hours

You took the bait. Bad fish!

Aadill
02-23-2017, 12:44 PM
Having a tracker in the zone is different than sitting on the spawn point.

Cecily
02-23-2017, 12:52 PM
Having a tracker in the zone is different than sitting on the spawn point.

Different sides of the same coin. With Chest on this. It's an escalation tactic necessary for casuals to compete with the hardcore batphoned zergs. Unfortunate, but necessary.

Danth
02-23-2017, 01:00 PM
Nobody who sits around at a spawn point for 16 hours at a time is casual in any realistic sense of the term. Referring to themselves as such seems more akin to denial. I imagine they sit around because it gives them a slight edge versus people who have to take a short amount of time to log in.

Danth

Pokesan
02-23-2017, 01:02 PM
Nobody who sits around at a spawn point for 16 hours at a time is casual in any realistic sense of the term. Referring to themselves as such seems more akin to denial. I imagine they sit around because it gives them a slight edge versus people who have to take a short amount of time to log in.

Danth

"hey these guys are just as fucked in the head as us!"

interesting strategy

Freakish
02-23-2017, 01:04 PM
Different sides of the same coin. With Chest on this. It's an escalation tactic necessary for casuals to compete with the hardcore batphoned zergs. Unfortunate, but necessary.

I mean yeah I agree. You allow poopsocking, a casual guild gets the odd mob / golem. You change it to zoneline / tracker only, those casual guilds are never going to step up and contest like a/a. As it is, casuals can get stuff that a/a won't put the effort in for. I like it.

Cecily
02-23-2017, 01:07 PM

Danth
There's a big difference between a concentrated guild effort for a few mobs in a particular zone and tracking / attempting every raid target in the world. Can you match the play styles to their respective category?

EQBallzz
02-23-2017, 01:09 PM
Tie the spawns of contested raid mobs to a random trash mob in the zone (and only after it meets whatever internal timer it needs to meet first). Then you can't poopsock anything and everyone has to clear zones like they were designed. Problem solved(ish)!

maskedmelon
02-23-2017, 01:33 PM
A/A are honestly just better coordinated, better disciplined, larger groups of casuals who enjoy a greater level of trust in their guilds thanks to success.

Sitting on a spawn with a full raid force for 16hours is not casual. Tracking for 16 hours isn't either, but most of A/A doesn't have the time or energy for that either. They divvy up the responsibility into manageable chunks for people who do other things besides sleep and play EQ.

A/A are mostly very large groups casuals who just follow directions better than other guilds. If 3/4 can't make it, the 1/4 who do will still do what they supposed to and get it done so nobody worries if it worth responding to a bat phone when they free. They just respond to whichever ones they can and know that it is unlikely they won't field enough players for it to be a waste of time.

Amyas
02-23-2017, 01:47 PM
This was not a problem when I played on live.

Danth
02-23-2017, 02:00 PM
There's a big difference between a concentrated guild effort for a few mobs in a particular zone and tracking / attempting every raid target in the world. Can you match the play styles to their respective category?

Much of that difference stems from the older, established guilds being full of people who have many level 60 alts to park around the world due to chardok AE. The newer folks on the raid scene don't have that luxury. People who have to mobilize won't beat people who have pre-parked characters so the former have to pick and choose what they go for. At any rate, I'm not calling them equal by any stretch--they're not--just that P99's some sort of bizarre environment where folks who're probably in the top 5% of hardcore on any other server regard themselves as casual here.

Danth

feanan
02-23-2017, 02:10 PM
What, you mean its not competing or racing when I log out my fully NTOV geared character at one mob, to log in to another fulling geared 60 parked at another spawn?

come on you newbies, learn to compete!

SpinFin
02-23-2017, 02:13 PM
#Saltbae

Ravager
02-23-2017, 02:16 PM
Obviously.

If people truly want to raid without the crazy effort / time commitment, then they need to find another place to do it. TAKP is supposed to be a good option, Phinny is what I recommend, and allegedly they are launching a fresh TLP this summer. You can't force a square peg into a round hole.
I downloaded TAK the other day and tried it out. I love the far more classic client they use. There's true night blindness and infravision is actually a thing there. The Kelethin lifts work without spamming the switch. I rode the SirensBane across Ocean of Tears from Freeport which stopped only at Sister Island on the way to Butcherblock (didn't ride it back, but I assume it stops only at the inn on the way to Freeport) and there was no need to levitate on the boat.

It made me wish P99 would use a classic client.

kotton05
02-23-2017, 02:25 PM
They don't have means to get pixels any other way. They don't have 30-50 Alts camped out or a bat phone with hundreds on it, most of them are sitting on it with their main who is in rags. The drops off them could literally change their EQ experience. Seems like a good method at first but the burn out on poop will lead those guys eventually joining a/a/rustle.

Jmcwrestling
02-23-2017, 02:26 PM
Can always use campfires to get vulak loot on your level 1's on live servers

My level 1 warrior has over 1k hp !

kotton05
02-23-2017, 02:35 PM
None of these casuals could of delt with TMO cares memes I bet

As it stands the name of the game is do what ya gotta do.

Caridry
02-23-2017, 02:36 PM
I still miss buff timers.

Skew
02-23-2017, 02:57 PM
Weekly rumble with a 32 hour window. No other windows to worry about.
Its not hard to fix. But im sure this is all intended and p99 data is being sent by Rogean to some Govn Anthropology think tank.

maskedmelonpai
02-23-2017, 05:40 PM
A/A are honestly just better coordinated, better disciplined, larger groups of casuals who enjoy a greater level of trust in their guilds thanks to success.

Sitting on a spawn with a full raid force for 16hours is not casual. Tracking for 16 hours isn't either, but most of A/A doesn't have the time or energy for that either. They divvy up the responsibility into manageable chunks for people who do other things besides sleep and play EQ.

A/A are mostly very large groups casuals who just follow directions better than other guilds. If 3/4 can't make it, the 1/4 who do will still do what they supposed to and get it done so nobody worries if it worth responding to a bat phone when they free. They just respond to whichever ones they can and know that it is unlikely they won't field enough players for it to be a waste of time.

super good post here. jus sayin'...

Sancta
02-23-2017, 05:45 PM
OP makes a thread in the forums

Response on the forums: OMG OF COURSE IT'S TRUE IT'S WRITTEN RIGHT HERE IN THE FIRST POST - p99 forums in a nutshell

You do know that CT and Draco spawn in fear right? Raid targets that A/A go after. Those two targets spawn in the same zone as the golems, it's called Plane o Fear.
They don't track or sock golems lol, but they do track CT/Draco

CSG poops socks golems on their spawn point tho, similar to sitting on the line except you just have to sit there, do nothing, and collect free pixels. To each his own I guess

Zarcath
02-23-2017, 05:53 PM
Blame the developers for their itemization putting 1-2 useful items on damn near every raid mob from classic-Velious.

Should split the server and launch Luclin on the other server. Praise be to Luclin.

back in 2002 I spoke with a EQ Designer at GDC. Apparently the economy for Everquest was not designed to last longer than 2 years. They brought on an economist and were told the in-game economy would collapse within 3-4 years, the inflation would be insane and drive new players away. That was one of the reasons they introduced plat sinks in Shadows of Luclin (horses, the casino with desirable old world items). And why a lot of items in SoL had level requirements, to curb the mudflation.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mudflation

I tried to broach the subject with Sirken at one time but didn't get a response from him. It doesn't surprise me that the economy on P99 is out of control.

Maner
02-23-2017, 06:14 PM
Chest is wrong! P99 raid scene is awesome! Racing is super fun and competitive and a great way to sort out the alpha males from the betas since as we know, alpha males are really good at staring at screens.

While there are a lot of great things about P99 raiding, I especially love that A/A are unwilling to rotate VP. It's only been 18 months since Velious released, so this is totally understandable.

For a "Lorekeeper" you are incredibly uninformed

Vallanor
02-23-2017, 06:18 PM
CSG poops socks golems on their spawn point tho, similar to sitting on the line except you just have to sit there, do nothing, and collect free pixels. To each his own I guess

CSG = Azure Guard + Omni + Europa. CSG has never poopsocked golems on their spawn points. We do our share of bullshit to try and scrape up some pixels on this dying server, but that's one thing we don't do.

Brontus
02-23-2017, 07:27 PM
back in 2002 I spoke with a EQ Designer at GDC. Apparently the economy for Everquest was not designed to last longer than 2 years. They brought on an economist and were told the in-game economy would collapse within 3-4 years, the inflation would be insane and drive new players away. That was one of the reasons they introduced plat sinks in Shadows of Luclin (horses, the casino with desirable old world items). And why a lot of items in SoL had level requirements, to curb the mudflation.

I tried to broach the subject with Sirken at one time but didn't get a response from him. It doesn't surprise me that the economy on P99 is out of control.

Thanks for this info and reminder about the evils of mudflation. The economy on P1999 is completely screwed up but the devs sit back and do nothing to address it. Devs of a virtual worlds have a responsibility to get involved and to fix things -- especially the economy. That is their role.

The P1999 devs have painted themselves into a corner with the classic EQ philosophy. This hands off policy just does not work and is detrimental to the health of the server. We need a pro-active and interventionist attitude to rectify the economy and the lack of content for raiders. The addition of custom items for sale on vendors as a money sinks is one way to solve this. This idea has been around for a long time but nothing is ever done.

smitho1984
02-23-2017, 07:45 PM
Just wondering what you precieve as wrong with the p99 economy.

Sancta
02-23-2017, 07:46 PM
Thanks for this info and reminder about the evils of mudflation. The economy on P1999 is completely screwed up but the devs sit back and do nothing to address it. Devs of a virtual worlds have a responsibility to get involved and to fix things -- especially the economy. That is their role.

The P1999 devs have painted themselves into a corner with the classic EQ philosophy. This hands off policy just does not work and is detrimental to the health of the server. We need a pro-active and interventionist attitude to rectify the economy and the lack of content for raiders. The addition of custom items for sale on vendors as a money sinks is one way to solve this. This idea has been around for a long time but nothing is ever done.

Found the guy who's broke! =)

The only plat sinks on this server are recharges where it's probably A/A recharging the most. Whoa A/A doing something good for the server even if indirectly? No. Way.

Zarcath
02-23-2017, 08:03 PM
I don't want to get into the nitty gritty details about economics in video games.

Basically platinum is created as an unlimited resource and it nevers leaves the system, at least not in a large meaningful way. I wouldn't consider individuals recharging items as a significant loss, especially since the use of these items enables them to amass more platinum.

https://mises.org/library/virtual-weimar-hyperinflation-video-game-world

When the supply of money increase[s], people have more money to offer for goods. … Each individual dollar becomes less valuable because there are more dollars. Therefore more of them will be offered against, say, a pair of shoes or a hundred bushels of wheat than before. A “price” is an exchange ratio between a dollar and a unit of goods. When people have more dollars … [goods] rise in price, not because [they] are scarcer than before, but because dollars are more abundant

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_sink

smitho1984
02-23-2017, 08:06 PM
Not entirely, at least in Aw items acquired through the raid scene cannot be sold. Traded to alts yes, sold back to the guild at a discounted DKP price sure. But recharging items especially for an entire guild isn't cheap usually around 300k/ recharge. And that's twice to 4x a week.

Detoxx
02-23-2017, 08:10 PM
Their trackers in fear say otherwise. Though again, this isn't really about them. It's about a top-heavy box with a thousand raid-geared players that have nothing to do 6/7 days of the week.

Not aboit them, makes an inflammatory title to make it about them.

On that note, Aftermath does not sanction any golem raids outside of when CT spawns. If a group of 5 wants to go sock it and random, more power to em.

Zarcath
02-23-2017, 08:10 PM
But you're able to generate at least that much, if not more, over time. Or else you'd go bankrupt. Even if you're not selling specific items outside of the guild, you are selling other items to other people. you're still getting an income of platinum from players under you.

Detoxx
02-23-2017, 08:26 PM

100% willing to rotate VP. Learn your facts before you assume something that isnt true.

Bruno
02-23-2017, 08:37 PM

This got me good. Only 18 months lol. Cut to 5 years down the road with more of the same going on.

Aadill
02-23-2017, 09:31 PM
But you're able to generate at least that much, if not more, over time. Or else you'd go bankrupt. Even if you're not selling specific items outside of the guild, you are selling other items to other people. you're still getting an income of platinum from players under you.

Yes and that income also goes to a vendor for recharges.

Platinum only comes into the economy through two sources: looting it and selling looted items to a vendor. A/A are not camping seafuries to fund recharges, and a level 40 druid who is wearing leather is just as likely (if not more likely) to be camping said seafuries to generate NEW platinum. If that druid then spends that platinum on a looted item, and then that platinum is given to a vendor, the system is working much like it does on Live with the plat sinks that were created during SoL.

The economy, all considering, is pretty consistent and prices are still pretty reasonably matched to what was paid (historically) on live as well as what people have been paying here since Velious released. There are obviously items that this does not hold true for (idols, beads, velious quest armor mqs, etc) but it's all pretty reasonable. My god, you can still twink a character for less than a couple k which is what it has always been.

Danth
02-23-2017, 10:01 PM
Main cash and item sink occurs when established players get bored and quit.

Danth

Aadill
02-23-2017, 10:05 PM
Main cash and item sink occurs when established players get bored and quit.

Danth

Also true.

Naethyn
02-23-2017, 10:15 PM
So much plat.

http://i.imgur.com/UA9cX0Z.jpg

khanable
02-23-2017, 10:30 PM
So much plat.

http://i.imgur.com/UA9cX0Z.jpg

Hes seen millions flow through him.

Comoc1
02-23-2017, 11:00 PM
Chest. How do you have any damn time playing Phinny when you're constantly posting on these forums when you don't even play here anymore.

RedXIII
02-24-2017, 12:00 AM
This Vallanor guy is truly mad... say the server is dieing to get us some sympathy for free pixels? #GitGud.

Andos
02-24-2017, 12:51 AM
Just wondering what you precieve as wrong with the p99 economy.

Several RMT players are still involved in it.

Kushie
02-24-2017, 01:05 AM
Consider Phinny.

Swish
02-24-2017, 01:53 AM
why consider a server thats dying in a few months? (all TLP servers tail off after PoP)

necro316
02-24-2017, 02:14 AM
First things first, AW/AM do not "Sock" golems. They contest them if nothing else or when very little is in window, but do not sock. Secondly, golems drop some amazing items still important to all players of p99 such as puppet strings, Slime blood of cazic thule, amulet of necropotence, bone clasped girdle.... so why wouldnt they? any guild on the server with a 46+ raid force can do golems. Start a practice server and practice engaging them instead of crying on the forums, and its much more satisfying in the end.

spoken like a FAT loser

virgin alert

Vallanor
02-24-2017, 08:09 AM
This Vallanor guy is truly mad... say the server is dieing to get us some sympathy for free pixels? #GitGud.

Hey I gave you a free TL the other day. I'm only forum mad, not in-game mad.

This server is stuck at Velious from now until forever. While I'm sure some of the same people will be "competing" their hearts out in five years, the server is officially stagnant and has nowhere to go. I call that a dying server. I still play on it for some reason though...

Superranger
02-24-2017, 08:14 AM
Crippling addiction

Vallanor
02-24-2017, 08:45 AM
Crippling addiction

Sums it up pretty well.

Bruno
02-24-2017, 08:47 AM
why consider a server thats dying in a few months? (all TLP servers tail off after PoP)

34 on red atm. Looks healthy.

kotton05
02-24-2017, 09:53 AM
I'm only forum mad, not in-game mad...

Hey me too! Wanna go get pumpkin spice lattes?

Vallanor
02-24-2017, 10:16 AM

Hell yes. You buying?

fadetree
02-24-2017, 10:22 AM
For a "Lorekeeper" you are incredibly uninformed

?
Dude, check your Sarcasm detection Unit, it's apparently broken.

Legday
02-24-2017, 10:41 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTrxEQnPtAg

kotton05
02-24-2017, 10:51 AM
Hahahah!!!!^ perfect meme for the reference +1 to you leg day and yes I'll buy!

skarlorn
02-24-2017, 02:55 PM
honestly i think we can all work out a way to share this stuff

gnatte
02-25-2017, 06:40 AM

meadtj
02-25-2017, 09:38 AM

If they didn't drop AoN or Puppet Strings, they wouldn't be tracked and killed. But itemization aside, it's a lack of content.

There isn't enough time consuming content for these top guilds to raid for them to want to take days off and ignore these targets. When mobs die within 5 minutes of their spawn people often are going to want to raid more if they're just regular batphone warriors.

Not much can be done classicly to resolve this other than maybe removing binds in ToV to force a bit more clearing to occur and even then that will likely just be 1-2 days a week. These 3-day respawn targets occur outside of their regularly schedule poopsocking days so they are prime targets to get a little raiding in on the off days.

The thing is... hardcore guilds would raid 3-4+ times a week for a few hours each night. Because of the way it's done here, each raid typically only take like 10 minutes from the batphone time so nerds want to raid more. The problem arises because of the fact that in order to partake in these raids you need atleast a guy in your guild willing to sit around for 16 hours waiting for the mob to spawn and you need 20-60 dudes willing to respond to a batphone in a short period of time.

In short, Velious sucks. Not enough content to slake the lust of two hardcore guilds. Thus the pooping in a sock to get Golems. They just want to raid.

Only one solution, wipe it clean 2017

meadtj
02-25-2017, 09:47 AM

It doesn't surprise me at all either. I am sure they introducted AA's to make the entry to endgame harder and stop massive over twinking, but it killed casual gamers.

Ikon
02-25-2017, 03:26 PM
This was not a problem when I played on live.
Thats because this wasnt allowed. I have already provided a crap ton of evidence on the PnP but Sirken appears determined to ignore it in favour of the racing / monopolizing spawns meta of vanilla EQ.