PDA

View Full Version : If the server is wiped?

meadtj
02-25-2017, 09:56 AM
What would you do?

claypigeons
02-25-2017, 10:03 AM
Start over, casual.

As I am now, but with less Plat inflation to deal with.

Danth
02-25-2017, 10:09 AM
Server wipe requests.....how people try to pvp the entire population.

Danth

jolanar
02-25-2017, 10:20 AM
Neckbeard hard until I had a guise of the deceiver on as many classes as I could. Then casual after that.

Troxx
02-25-2017, 10:32 AM
considering my primary characters just came into their own ... i don't know that i would want to start all over again.

I'm too old, and my job is too demanding.

I'd probably quit.

fastboy21
02-25-2017, 10:42 AM
considering my primary characters just came into their own ... i don't know that i would want to start all over again.

I'm too old, and my job is too demanding.

I'd probably quit.

That's the exact feeling you get...right before you start over (and love it).

Freakish
02-25-2017, 10:46 AM
Wake the sleeper.

kotton05
02-25-2017, 11:00 AM
Is this a try red post in disguise

fastboy21
02-25-2017, 11:07 AM
Is this a try red post in disguise

most people who play red aren't playing there for the pvp.

Twochain
02-25-2017, 12:10 PM
I voted Quit, but I honestly don't know what I would do. It could be any of the options.

See, the thing is... Twochain is my favorite MMO character i've ever had, by a long shot. I'd be really fucking mad to just have him and all the other characters i've become attached to just deleted.

If we're starting a fresh server, i'd really like to see current p99 blue stay around.. maybe with non classic features implemented. Raid zones from other expansions, AA's, maybe some balancing.

But to just slap everyone in the face and tell them to start from scratch.. man i don't really think I could put in that effort again.

But i might just have to get a Dark Elf Monk.. idfk man

myriverse
02-25-2017, 12:55 PM
The persistence is the only reason to even bother with P99.

Anyone who wants a wipe can start with their own ass.

Skinned
02-25-2017, 12:59 PM
Quit trying to kill my characters.

Lhancelot
02-25-2017, 01:40 PM
They don't need a wipe, and they will never wipe unless the server is killed.

I think if they do anything, they will create a new server as they already indicated they were considering to do some day in the far away future. In a galaxy far, far away.

xKoopa
02-25-2017, 01:44 PM
I voted Quit, but I honestly don't know what I would do. It could be any of the options.

See, the thing is... Twochain is my favorite MMO character i've ever had, by a long shot. I'd be really fucking mad to just have him and all the other characters i've become attached to just deleted.

If we're starting a fresh server, i'd really like to see current p99 blue stay around.. maybe with non classic features implemented. Raid zones from other expansions, AA's, maybe some balancing.

But to just slap everyone in the face and tell them to start from scratch.. man i don't really think I could put in that effort again.

But i might just have to get a Dark Elf Monk.. idfk man

I'd play just to get a dark elf monk and ranger

Baler
02-25-2017, 02:38 PM
voted quit.
I've spent too much time playing p99 to have it all taken away from me.

---
If they started a new fresh server I would roll on it. :)
And play blue at the same time! Maybe even play red too! waow!

HouseTargaryen
02-25-2017, 02:44 PM
I would quit
Classic experience complete.

ZiggyTheMuss
02-25-2017, 03:05 PM
I don't think I would bother playing again if it was wiped really. As it is I will probably burn out within a few months and I joined the server last July.

Landael
02-25-2017, 03:24 PM
Anyone who wants a wipe can start with their own ass.
^~

dslaybac
02-25-2017, 04:21 PM
I'm pretty sure Rogean and the staff have stated multiple times that they will never wipe the server because that is what killed other servers. When you come back and your stuff is gone that you spent many hours/days/months/years acquiring, it doesn't sit well with a lot of people.

That being said, i'd love for a new server with classic progression to Velious to come out. I would most definitely play it and would love to get a dark elf mask on a few characters!

Bring us green99!!!

Jauna
02-25-2017, 04:25 PM
I would do when Star Wars: Galaxies EMU server got restarted.

I would quit.

Coming this far, having what I have and knowing what I know and then waking up the next day with all of it gone.. I just can't go through it again.

Ravager
02-25-2017, 05:01 PM
Anyone who's afraid of losing their stuff is too immersed.

Jauna
02-25-2017, 05:14 PM
Anyone who's afraid of losing their stuff is too immersed.

Can I have your stuff now then, Ravager?

Gafador
02-25-2017, 05:23 PM
A wipe and subsequent relaunch would be great. Especially if they stated that the server would go through Pop. Oh one can dream.

Lhancelot
02-25-2017, 06:18 PM
This is encouraging to see tbh.

If that many neckbeards got salty and quit because their pixels got wiped off p99 blue, I am all for wiping this server clean and asap!

Wipe it clean, Rogean! Wipe it clean!

Ninja wipe too, don't warn anyone... Just one day, one moment push the button and wipe it clean.

The flowing of tears would create an ocean so epic, so massive, I have not the words to describe such an immense collection of watery nerd tears!

My goodness it would be nothing short of glorious.

Ravager
02-25-2017, 06:33 PM
Can I have your stuff now then, Ravager?

I'm still using it, but that doesn't mean I'll rage if it gets deleted one day. If I do stop playing here, I'll likely give away all of my crap in some player run event.

kaev
02-25-2017, 11:54 PM
I'm still using it, but that doesn't mean I'll rage if it gets deleted one day. If I do stop playing here, I'll likely give away all of my crap in some player run event.

Too much effort. When the will to play goes it's best to just fade away....

skarlorn
02-26-2017, 01:09 AM
i would come back and play for a few weeeks to a month

dslaybac
02-26-2017, 01:52 AM
Lhancelot, the fact that you want a lot of people to be miserable just shows how pathetic and miserable of a person you are in real life. Perhaps you should go do something else with your life and try to be happy.

Pokesan
02-26-2017, 02:03 AM
Lhancelot, the fact that you want a lot of people to be miserable just shows how pathetic and miserable of a person you are in real life. Perhaps you should go do something else with your life and try to be happy.

this is a great meltdown

Jimjam
02-26-2017, 02:45 AM
I love rolling new characters, so I'd definitely keep playing.

A bottom heavy population would encourage groups into some less used camps.

I think the only problem is the Kunark / Velious itemisation blows away classic. If it was going to be a progression server like this one then many players will roll a caster for vanilla, get to 50, farm some gear and reroll as twinked out iksar monks on Kunark release.

Gumbo
02-26-2017, 02:48 AM
I said it before... If the server gets wiped and starts over then start it over with the banned items already banned. No Manastone, no Guise of the Deceiver, anything that will get banned is already pre-banned.

Then you'll see how many people actually come back...

dslaybac
02-26-2017, 04:16 AM
Aww is that your butt buddy Pokesan? 3957 posts lol. Maybe go outside and talk to some people or something?

Pokesan
02-26-2017, 04:33 AM
Aww is that your butt buddy Pokesan? 3957 posts lol. Maybe go outside and talk to some people or something?

another good meltdown this guy rules

dslaybac
02-26-2017, 04:36 AM
you're cute = )

Izmael
02-26-2017, 06:51 AM
Server is fine, manastone or guise are vanity gadgets at best.

Lhancelot
02-26-2017, 11:20 AM

You are forgetting my happiness and others happiness if a new server were to start. I understand it's hard for you to recognize not everyone shares your opinion on this topic or any other for that matter.

One could say that anyone who would be "miserable" because they lost their pixels due to a wipe just might be "pathetic" themselves, and probably "should try to go do something else with their life and try to be happy," as you said.

Some would even say, finding worth and happiness in pixels is not exactly the healthiest way to live ones life!

I typically keep my judgment of others to myself because I realize people truly are all different and people are passionate and enjoy different things.

That being said, honestly if you value pixels so much, that is your business. I just felt that I had to add some objectivity here since you decided to make this personal.

Don't be so angry over what others think or feel, especially when it is nothing more than theorycraft over a 17 year old elfsim! The pixels are literally nothing, and once we leave this plane of existence you will not be taking those pixels with you...

No reason to be so salty here.

Jimjam
02-26-2017, 11:42 AM
We're all going to lose our pixels eventually. It is sad when the server outlives its players.

magicnubs
02-26-2017, 12:59 PM
We're all going to lose our pixels eventually. It is sad when the server outlives its players.

Doc: I'm sorry ma'am. It's... Pixelitis.

Wife: How long does he have Dr. Sysadmin?

Doc: I'm afraid he'll be gone soon™.

Lhancelot
02-26-2017, 02:06 PM
Doc: I'm sorry ma'am. It's... Pixelitis.

Wife: How long does he have Dr. Sysadmin?

Doc: I'm afraid he'll be gone soon™.

The doctor forgot to add in how miserable he will be due to losing said pixels. Hopefully he passes fast!

***Really encouraging, this poll is. Look at all those neckbeards we would rid the p99 community of if we wiped their pixels off the server! Do it, Rogean, wipe it clean!

dslaybac
02-26-2017, 02:21 PM
I guess what I don't understand is why you are so insistent on "wiping it clean" instead of just opening a new progression server, which is what I'm all about. Why do they have to get rid of a server that people have invested so much time in just so you can have a new server? I'm sure plenty of people are donating to foot the cost of a new server.

And also you are constantly trying to degrade people on the server by referring to them as "neckbeards." I'm sure you are just as much of a loser as the rest of the people on p99. Maybe you should just accept it and move on. You seem kinda sad man honestly. I feel like you really just haven't "achieved" anything on the server and are basically stomping your feet because others have.

Lhancelot
02-26-2017, 02:34 PM
I guess what I don't understand is why you are so insistent on "wiping it clean" instead of just opening a new progression server, which is what I'm all about. Why do they have to get rid of a server that people have invested so much time in just so you can have a new server? I'm sure plenty of people are donating to foot the cost of a new server.

And also you are constantly trying to degrade people on the server by referring to them as "neckbeards." I'm sure you are just as much of a loser as the rest of the people on p99. Maybe you should just accept it and move on. You seem kinda sad man honestly. I feel like you really just haven't "achieved" anything on the server and are basically stomping your feet because others have.

Ahh. "Achieved anything on the server." Exactly what are any of us truly acheiving here? If you are striving for anything but enjoyment here, then that's your own personal goals.

I personally have activities I like more than others in the game, but view none of them as achievements, per se.

I feel like you have accumulated a vast assortment of pixels, and place so much worth on these pixels that if they were lost, you would be lost. to me, that is sad.

If losing pixels truly makes you "miserable", I dare say you honestly have no clue what true misery is my friend.

Find a dictionary and read what the word "misery" means, and come back and tell me that it makes sense to apply such a word to a neckbeard that loses his precious pixels due to a server wipe.

It's this extreme greediness and false sense of worth placed on pixels that makes the raid scene here so awful. if wiping the server made players like you quit, I am all for it.

dslaybac
02-26-2017, 02:37 PM
All i hear out of your mouth is a constant slew of garbage veiled in philosophical bullshit.

Lhancelot
02-26-2017, 02:51 PM
All i hear out of your mouth is a constant slew of garbage veiled in philosophical bullshit.

All I hear out your mouth is an ocean of neckbeard tears being projectile vomited just from the thought of a server wipe.

You are angry about something that will never even happen, the thought alone disturbs you so badly you have come here to defend yourself from the notion of the server being wiped.

Dude, they are pixels my goodness.

If anything this will only give Rogean more of a reason to consider wiping the server.

A server wipe just might purge p99 of some of the worst, most greedy players who ultimately do cause the majority of the toxicity in the raid scene.

Danth
02-26-2017, 03:15 PM
Dude, they are pixels my goodness.

If they were 'just pixels' then lacking said pixels would not be causing you to lose interest in your Shaman.

...I don't think the shaman class is for anyone that considers themself a casual, unless they really plan to invest months on top of months, maybe even years to advance their character to the top of it's ceiling gearwise and spellwise.

I have a 55 shaman, and honestly just felt defeated by that point. The idea of exactly how much money I would need to pour into someone's pockets discouraged me greatly.

If I have a 60 shaman, I want torpor, and I would want other spells and the epic too...

Apparently pixels are only meaningless when they're other people's pixels.

Danth

Muggens
02-26-2017, 03:50 PM
Slam dunk^

Troxx
02-26-2017, 03:52 PM
Danth just won

Landael
02-26-2017, 03:56 PM
I don't care so much about Equipment or "pixels", it's the starting from lvl 1 in only Classic that would throw me off. Working full time I just don't have the time to grind and wait for content again. Clearly some of you do, yet are so quick to call neckbeard on anyone who don't agree with you. Kettle -> Pot etc. :rolleyes:

Lhancelot
02-26-2017, 04:00 PM
If they were 'just pixels' then lacking said pixels would not be causing you to lose interest in your Shaman.

Apparently pixels are only meaningless when they're other people's pixels.

Danth

When someone says they will be miserable if they lost their pixels, and quit the game I can't relate to that.

I didn't lose interesting in my shaman because he lacks pixels, I lost interest because I didn't enjoy the group gameplay of the shaman.

I also understood I would have to pour hundreds of thousands of plats into him, buying his epic and all his spells meaning I would be buying a tear from Expediency or someone else in his guild.

Many factors were involved in why I quit the shaman but these two were the largest.

Not sure how you equate this to me being miserable and sad because of a loss of pixels it doesn't really apply.

If I wanted I could buy a shaman epic, and even torpor. I don't want to though.

I understand you are feeling an obligation to defend them and I am the bad guy here, but if you read the thread you will see some of these people turned it personal so I simply reciprocated.

Personally I would rather level a less expensive class that can accomplish similar feats as the shaman and that I find fun, and so I play an enchanter now it fits that bill, along with a rogue I will play for melee fun.

Both classes are cheap and easy to gear, and both I find more fun than the shaman.

My fun in the game is not predicated on pixels above all else, if it was I would suffer the indignity of being in a zerging raid guild.

If they wiped the server, I also would not be miserable. Disappointed yes, miserable, no.

Danth
02-26-2017, 04:26 PM
Don't read something into it that isn't there; didn't say anything about being miserable, just said the pixels matter to you too (and they do). Also, I ain't defending anyone. Just suggesting you shouldn't be so quick to disparage others' things.

Danth

Lhancelot
02-26-2017, 04:42 PM
Personally I rather the server not be wiped and they just make a new one.

People that don't want to start over can stay on blue, and people who would like to start over would have a new place to go. I don't see how this is a loss to anyone, tbh.

It just would require more staff management, and perhaps that would be the greatest problem to work around, just managing a new server.

I bet it takes a ton of energy and time, more than we could ever know.

Danth
02-26-2017, 04:44 PM
Personally I rather the server not be wiped and they just make a new one.

This is optimal, I agree. Supposedly it's in the long-term plans so we'll see.

Danth

Jimjam
02-26-2017, 05:02 PM
I'd like a new server. I don't think I'd like a 'recycle' where at the end of its life the characters get dumped in to blue. My fear is the server would just be used as a farm for guise/manastones etc. If recycle ever happens I hope the rule is those items are either deleted on transfer or just never drop.

Izmael
02-26-2017, 07:06 PM
I would like to see a hard mode blue server, level cap 40.

Jimjam
02-26-2017, 07:12 PM
I'd like that.

Tecmos Deception
02-26-2017, 10:35 PM
It'd be hard to resist coming back so I can see first hand the cluster fuck when all the casual players who have been whining for years about how a server reset will fix all that ails them realize that nothing will be different for them on a fresh server after all.

Dreenk317
02-26-2017, 10:47 PM
I'd like a new server. I don't think I'd like a 'recycle' where at the end of its life the characters get dumped in to blue. My fear is the server would just be used as a farm for guise/manastones etc. If recycle ever happens I hope the rule is those items are either deleted on transfer or just never drop.

This is why I think a recycle is a really really bad idea as well.

If they were to remove said items before the "recycle" than you run into a lot of the same arguments people have about a full wipe.

NegaStoat
02-26-2017, 11:22 PM
I would like to see a hard mode blue server, level cap 40.

God, yes please.

meadtj
02-28-2017, 01:08 AM
This is why I think a recycle is a really really bad idea as well.

If they were to remove said items before the "recycle" than you run into a lot of the same arguments people have about a full wipe.

So only the people that were there at the beginning deserve pixels?

kelsoider
02-28-2017, 02:14 AM
Some people choose to see the ugliness in this world. The disarray. I choose to see the beauty: To believe there is an order to our days, a purpose. I like to remember what my father taught me-
That at one point or another, we were all new to this world.
The newcomers are just looking for the same thing we are... A place to be free to stake out our dreams, a place with unlimited possibilities.
All lives have routine. Mine's no different. Still, I never cease to wonder at the thought that any day the course of my whole life could change with just one chance encounter.
I know things will work out the way they're meant to.

Muggens
02-28-2017, 02:32 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqyx4TW4Ptw

When you're tired there's always someone else enjoying it

Lhancelot
02-28-2017, 10:23 AM
Some people choose to see the ugliness in this world. The disarray. I choose to see the beauty: To believe there is an order to our days, a purpose. I like to remember what my father taught me-
That at one point or another, we were all new to this world.
The newcomers are just looking for the same thing we are... A place to be free to stake out our dreams, a place with unlimited possibilities.
All lives have routine. Mine's no different. Still, I never cease to wonder at the thought that any day the course of my whole life could change with just one chance encounter.
I know things will work out the way they're meant to.

I like a lot of this message, and I agree with much of it. However.

To choose to only view the beauty of the world is to not be realistic. If everything is beautiful in your eyes, how can you really appreciate the beauty if you cannot compare it to any ugliness?

I agree we all live in routines, and I also never forget that any day our lives can change with just one chance encounter or event.

I remind myself of this frequently because it makes me appreciate the samller things in life. Recognizing that any given day it all can end should magnify the importance of all the things you enjoy no matter how small they are.

letsdance
03-03-2017, 06:59 PM
i've joined P1999 pretty much 6 years ago, but i also stopped playing years ago (my highest char is 54). i came back to see if there's any news concerning a new server. the problem is, that it will never be like it was back then, if everything is the same. simply because we know too much. people level up alot faster, make money alot faster and get their desired gear alot faster, than back in original EQ. it's mostly copying old strategies.

worst of all is that P1999 also copied the mistakes that were done back then, like items and rules that were changed later. items like deceiver mask, hybrid vs pure class balancing, racial exp penalty... all that crap should be fixed from the start.

some of the rules, mobs and items should also be different (especially raid targets), unknown to the players, so that we have to learn again and not just repeat what we've done for years. that would give us alot better classic feeling than a pure copy.

i'd start again on such a server, but i doubt it would have enough players.

letsdance
03-03-2017, 08:20 PM
racial exp penaly = class exp penalty

meadtj
03-03-2017, 11:32 PM
i've joined P1999 pretty much 6 years ago, but i also stopped playing years ago (my highest char is 54). i came back to see if there's any news concerning a new server. the problem is, that it will never be like it was back then, if everything is the same. simply because we know too much. people level up alot faster, make money alot faster and get their desired gear alot faster, than back in original EQ. it's mostly copying old strategies.

worst of all is that P1999 also copied the mistakes that were done back then, like items and rules that were changed later. items like deceiver mask, hybrid vs pure class balancing, racial exp penalty... all that crap should be fixed from the start.

some of the rules, mobs and items should also be different (especially raid targets), unknown to the players, so that we have to learn again and not just repeat what we've done for years. that would give us alot better classic feeling than a pure copy.

i'd start again on such a server, but i doubt it would have enough players.

that was all done on purpose, max nostalgia

Ikon
03-05-2017, 10:04 PM
Temporarily stopped playing, I would start over but only if the emphasis was on classic feel rather than classic mechanics.

Things like manastones, fungi's, rubicite, lifetap ring, current AC spawn, MQing, soulfire, item recharging create un-classic problems because they are known quantities that can exploited due to forknowledge that wasn't available at launch.

It'd be nice to see those mobs and items be recreated or prenerfed to remove that exploitability.

meadtj
03-05-2017, 11:39 PM
Temporarily stopped playing, I would start over but only if the emphasis was on classic feel rather than classic mechanics.

Things like manastones, fungi's, rubicite, lifetap ring, current AC spawn, MQing, soulfire, item recharging create un-classic problems because they are known quantities that can exploited due to forknowledge that wasn't available at launch.

It'd be nice to see those mobs and items be recreated or prenerfed to remove that exploitability.

or you could just leave them in game ina prenerfed state and see what happens =op. Grand Experiment