PDA

View Full Version : PSA: Shamsade <Dawn Believers> is an EC scammer

Sprawlz
03-02-2017, 07:12 AM
Asked (on his Shamsade character) to borrow an Ikky BP to see what it looks like. Offered to let me hold Crystal Chitin legs meanwhile (worth less than half the price of BP). I accepted - did it many many times and people are just honest on P99 I guess. I did it many times even without people letting him hold anything in exchange. I just trust people and never had an issue.

He logged his EC character "Shadowmeal", we did the trade, he insta camped and is back to his Shamsade character exp'ing now. Ignores all tells, even from his guildies apparently.

Petition filed with screenshots and what not.

Do not deal with Shamsade or Shadowmeal - he is a scammer.

Thank you for your attention.

PS: before someone starts drooling about how EC resellers such as myself deserve being scammed - no, we do not deserve being scammed. I resell for profit, sometimes for a lot of profit. It is a lot of hard work and is nowhere near as profitable as just farming. I never scam or lie, my business is honest and I do it because it is fun and rewarding.

Xaeophi
03-02-2017, 07:51 AM
Shamsade trying doing the same thing to me today too. Asked to "try on a JBB" to see what the graphic looks like before he buys it. I started getting a bad feeling about it as soon as he left mistmoore, threw on /anon and prob had about.. 300pp of gear total on him. Said he would let me borrow his like.. iono.. crystal chitin shield or something. I declined. He left.. /petitoned a gm and i got a tell randomly while i was afk ( Not sure if it was a GM or not ) but the tell said
" dont give him the JBB "
" i cannot verify that he doesn't have the pp on a different account. however, i can assure you that it isn't coming from the one he is logged into."
Anyways.. Sucks it happened to you sprawlz, but hey.. Better you then someoen who actually grinds in dungeons for their plat ya know? Heh.
Thanks for the post sprawlz. I hope they ban this guy.
To everyone else.. Shamsade is a 30s shaman in the guild <Dawn Believer>

Sprawlz
03-02-2017, 08:01 AM
Yes the few k I lost there aren't a big deal to me. If this happened to a legit noob whose BP was all he had of value and saved for it for months... that would suck so much more.

Might be worth checking how he got these CC legs though (GM: the ones in my inventory) and/or what is/are his bigger characters. A 30ish shaman cannot farm these legs even in a group.

Let's make EC great again and boot this scammer out of P99.

Xaeophi
03-02-2017, 08:06 AM
Agreed.

Nixtar
03-02-2017, 09:56 AM
No matter what you feel about re-sellers. Shit's classic.

Sprawlz
03-02-2017, 10:01 AM
I'd like to point out that the <Dawn Believers> guild is obviously not the target of my post and I'm sure these folks have nothing to do with the scammer.

Doctor Jeff
03-02-2017, 10:11 AM
edit: I posted in the wrong thread

oracle333
03-02-2017, 10:12 AM
Allio here, leader of the Dawn Believers.

I wrote on the other post about how thieves are unacceptable on p99 (or anywhere, let's be real). But just wanted to say again that he's been removed from my guild and won't ever come back.

I hope he's banned for life, tbh.

welly321
03-02-2017, 10:15 AM
Dawn Believers needs to be a little more selective in recruiting. Unfortunately I have come across more than a few of them who left a bad impression.

jolanar
03-02-2017, 10:25 AM
Dawn Believers needs to be a little more selective in recruiting. Unfortunately I have come across more than a few of them who left a bad impression.

What are you supposed to do, run a P99 background check on every recruit? No, you just add people and hope they don't act like idiots with your guildtag.

Ravager
03-02-2017, 10:31 AM
What are you supposed to do, run a P99 background check on every recruit? No, you just add people and hope they don't act like idiots with your guildtag.
Twice I've had to click off unsolicited guild invites from Dawn Believers. I'm sure there's a middle ground between extreme vetting and spam invites. Maybe group with someone once before offering the tag?

GinnasP99
03-02-2017, 11:48 AM
One time i was wanting to buy 1 flawed emerald to finish my monk's sleeves. You quoted me the price of 880pp. When i replied that the wiki price was around 100-200 you said "then go buy there". Well 10 minutes later i ported to WL and bought one from a friendly wizard for 100pp. I always wanted to tell you that. I feel better now

fadetree
03-02-2017, 12:29 PM
Look, EC re-sellers serve a purpose. They provide convenient availability. If you want to buy a candybar, you go to a convenience store and pay more than you would if you made it at home, but it's a hell of a lot easier. They also provide convenient and quick sales on your schedule, so you don't have to stand around and wait in the tunnel. You pay more for that.
When you get a price quote from one, you can always haggle a bit, but if you think you can cite some external price and that this is supposed to affect the quote you are misunderstanding what the situation is.
If you get offended at a reseller about prices, then don't buy. It's simple. If enough people do that, the price will drop.

Sprawlz
03-02-2017, 12:35 PM
I run an exclusive shop for busy people who don't mind paying a premium to get what they need right now. That's my business model. Also sorry if I sounded a little dry telling you to buy on wiki, it was a joke. They sell nothing on the wiki. It's a wiki =)

paulgiamatti
03-02-2017, 12:43 PM
What are you supposed to do, run a P99 background check on every recruit?

Paging Expediency.

kelsoider
03-02-2017, 01:29 PM
This is sad. Grouped with this guy in Mistmoore and gave him a lot of eq advice the last few days. Seemed like a true noobish returning player at the time; had a million questions about EQ; but perhaps it was just an ingratiating strategy.
I can tell you that he did ask a lot of questions about making pp; would that he had stuck to my advice and just leveled.
Also, I live on Okinawa so my prime time is 2-7am east coast. Shamsade would be on during the entirety during consecutive days. Therefore I must conclude that he is some sort of batlike creature or on drugs. Might explain a few thing either way.
Btw- SHAMsade- an allusion perhaps?

indiscriminate_hater
03-02-2017, 01:36 PM
sucks, but it still boggles my mind how anyone could give over a valuable item without collateral or payment

Panicsferd
03-02-2017, 02:33 PM
sucks, but it still boggles my mind how anyone could give over a valuable item without collateral or payment
Same here, I am part of <Dawn Believers> and I never heard anything like this or members that would do something like this, which makes me sick.

But this is like the oldest scam in the books "let me try it on" and then they just take off or log off and you'll never see your item again.

Especially for items that are worth 10k or more you will be at a loss if you would give this item to someone else without payment or collateral.

I did something once myself when I was selling a fashion quest item, but I mainly did it since this certain item had a different look for each race - but the person gave me some legs at the time that was equal in price to what I was selling this fashion quest item for so if I did get scammed I wasn't at a loss. I would myself never give an item to someone for free to just try it on if I didn't get anything in return.

welly321
03-02-2017, 02:38 PM
I heard that Shamsade is actually Allio's (the leader of Dawn Believers) alt.

Sprawlz
03-02-2017, 02:50 PM

I've done that literally dozens of times for items worth 5k+ and never had an issue until today.

Obviously, this won't happen again, but... isn't it a shame? P99 is a community like no other in the world, and anything or anyone hurting it is bad news for eveyone here.

ZiggyTheMuss
03-02-2017, 02:55 PM
One time i was wanting to buy 1 flawed emerald to finish my monk's sleeves. You quoted me the price of 880pp. When i replied that the wiki price was around 100-200 you said "then go buy there". Well 10 minutes later i ported to WL and bought one from a friendly wizard for 100pp. I always wanted to tell you that. I feel better now

Lol yeah loving this thread myself. You can afford to be scammed Sprawlz. I'm sure you will find some idiot to buy those leggings for a ridiculous amount after sitting in the tunnel long enough.

tiadashi
03-02-2017, 03:11 PM
You dont like re-sellers DONT go to EC just avoid it never go there problem solved - You Anti EC people are sad whiners

Then theres the guy who posts about it being an alt of the guild leader really!? Whats with you pathetic people?

Spyder73
03-02-2017, 03:18 PM
I'm always confused when I read how great the community here is. A large portion of the populous are unemployed neckbeards who literally only care about advancing their own needs. Are most people nice to group and chat with? yes - But that is a far cry from some glorious community where nobody needs to lock their doors.

EQ elitism and scamming is however - classic as f#ck

I remember my best friend quiting EQ when his wizard twink lost an Oracle Staff while hunting gnolls in High Pass. Someone he had been grouping with for a few hours asked to try it on and as soon as he got the item he immediate gated and put my buddy on /ignore.

ZiggyTheMuss
03-02-2017, 03:22 PM
You dont like re-sellers DONT go to EC just avoid it never go there problem solved - You Anti EC people are sad whiners

Then theres the guy who posts about it being an alt of the guild leader really!? Whats with you pathetic people?

Anti EC people haha, trust me I'm laughing not whining =)

Triiz
03-02-2017, 03:27 PM
This reminded me of when P99 Auctions was DDOS'd and someone said it was a great day for Sprawlz and his defense was

First, I'm retired from tunnelquesting. My goal was to make enough money to acquire a few items and that goal has been reached.

lolz

Sprawlz
03-02-2017, 03:44 PM
I retired, indeed, for a month or so... I'm back, though. You can't really quit the tunnel.

You just take a temporary leave.

To whoever said I can afford being scammed - you, buddy, are absolutely right. I can afford that loss or twenty losses like that. But that's not the point.

Scamming is classic. So is getting permabanned for scamming. End of story.

Jimjam
03-02-2017, 03:45 PM
I am entertained with how his name is sham and he makes sham trades.

xKoopa
03-02-2017, 04:51 PM
I retired, indeed, for a month or so... I'm back, though. You can't really quit the tunnel.

You just take a temporary leave.

To whoever said I can afford being scammed - you, buddy, are absolutely right. I can afford that loss or twenty losses like that. But that's not the point.

Scamming is classic. So is getting permabanned for scamming. End of story.

i dont think so lol. so much scamming in classic and never heard of people getting banned for it

i used to sit in bazaar and sell "fungis" but would stick a fungus covered shirt instead

tylercanuck
03-02-2017, 05:02 PM
How is Shamsade not banned yet? He's still attempting to scam items in EC at this very moment.

Parz77
03-02-2017, 06:09 PM
i love how losing a bp is being scammed but wanting 8k for 3 crushed flame emeralds isnt lol, best thread of 2017 so far never change sprawlz

Rainik Stormseeker
03-02-2017, 06:14 PM
i love how losing a bp is being scammed but wanting 8k for 3 crushed flame emeralds isnt lol, best thread of 2017 so far never change sprawlz

Anyone who pays 8k for 3 crushed emeralds, made the conscious decision to do so .. doesn't sound like a scam to me.

maskedmelonpai
03-02-2017, 06:33 PM
Anyone who pays 8k for 3 crushed emeralds, made the conscious decision to do so .. doesn't sound like a scam to me.

anyone who passes a breastplate to another player made a concious decision to do so...

funny how that work. i agree though. both cases prey on asymmetric information: on one hand you dunno what the right price is, on the other hand you dunno that they wanna keep you item for theyself.

ZiggyTheMuss
03-02-2017, 06:53 PM

Any senior citizen who gives their bank account info to someone on the phone posing as the IRS etc made a concious decision too I guess.

Yes, it is scamming because it's taking advantage of new players/people who have no knowledge of the item's real worth. Sprawlz takes this one step further even and will message people who are already selling an item for below market value and try to haggle them down even further.

Freakish
03-02-2017, 07:13 PM
Anyone got spell: torpor I can try?

Sprawlz
03-02-2017, 07:34 PM
Sprawlz takes this one step further even and will message people who are already selling an item for below market value and try to haggle them down even further.

I'm sorry if I'm good at business =)

<3

Rainik Stormseeker
03-02-2017, 08:05 PM
anyone who passes a breastplate to another player made a concious decision to do so...

funny how that work. i agree though. both cases prey on asymmetric information: on one hand you dunno what the right price is, on the other hand you dunno that they wanna keep you item for theyself.

Agreed!

Rainik Stormseeker
03-02-2017, 08:10 PM
Any senior citizen who gives their bank account info to someone on the phone posing as the IRS etc made a concious decision too I guess.

Yes, it is scamming because it's taking advantage of new players/people who have no knowledge of the item's real worth.

They have no knowledge of the item's value, but they have 8k plat.. mkay

Sprawlz takes this one step further even and will message people who are already selling an item for below market value and try to haggle them down even further.

Sounds like the free market at work to me; seller can hold out for a higher offer as long as they like. Buy, don't buy, i don't care. i'm sure Sprawlz doesn't.

Calamitous Oeuvre
03-02-2017, 08:45 PM
I run an exclusive shop for busy people who don't mind paying a premium to get what they need right now. That's my business model. Also sorry if I sounded a little dry telling you to buy on wiki, it was a joke. They sell nothing on the wiki. It's a wiki =)

Wait. You have a business model for virtual currency...if this were BitCoin I would applaud you, but this is EQ and you are sad.

kelsoider
03-02-2017, 08:51 PM
East Commonlands; you'll never see a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Seriously though; who cares if he overcharges? Don't buy it if you don't want to pay that price. He's not trying to trick you into a sale(right?). I bought an Atramentous shield the other day for more than it was worth because I was tired of hanging out in EC. I just wanted a good shield so I could get back to adventuring. If you want to be a slimy haggling businessman in EC that's fine. It's part of the reason I love EC and hated PoK. There's a human element involved. Something that makes the world feel more lifelike.
As far as Shamsade getting banned~ I don't know the legality of it. Clearly He has no integrity. If you don't ban him what's to stop him from rerolling to save his reputation and doing something worse in the future? In my opinion he clearly has to be held accountable.

ZiggyTheMuss
03-02-2017, 09:17 PM
Wait. You have a business model for virtual currency...if this were BitCoin I would applaud you, but this is EQ and you are sad.

Topgunben
03-02-2017, 09:29 PM
i would also like to see what a fungi tunic looks like on my monk. will give it right back, i promises

Panicsferd
03-02-2017, 09:48 PM
i would also like to see what a fungi tunic looks like on my monk. will give it right back, i promises

Same here, or at least to try and see if Fungi stacks with my iksar's innate regen? If it doesn't stack, then I will give it right back... I pinky swear it to you and promises and all that.

Topgunben
03-02-2017, 10:17 PM
Same here, or at least to try and see if Fungi stacks with my iksar's innate regen? If it doesn't stack, then I will give it right back... I pinky swear it to you and promises and all that.

bahahaha thats really good man!

dialabum
03-02-2017, 10:25 PM
It's bonkers that people are angry at Sprawls for being a reseller, but not at the raid guilds who permacamp mobs an expansion back or two expansions back. Baffling.

Dude puts in a LOT of time in boring ass EC to make his money. Raiders puts in a LOT of time to permacamp zerg mobs to make their money and ALSO preventing you from enjoying the content as was intended.

You people are a bunch of pussies, I swear.

At the same time Sprawls shouldn't have trusted a Dawn Believer to "try on" anything.

Swish
03-02-2017, 10:27 PM
I remember my best friend quiting EQ when his wizard twink lost an Oracle Staff while hunting gnolls in High Pass. Someone he had been grouping with for a few hours asked to try it on and as soon as he got the item he immediate gated and put my buddy on /ignore.

That was you wasn't it? Not your friend.

Swish
03-02-2017, 10:28 PM
Also, all trades are final.

http://i.imgur.com/GyaUGaT.gif

plasma1010
03-02-2017, 10:41 PM
EC annoys me. My computer gets slow and my chat box never stops. And Im poor so I cant buy anything.

Rysky
03-02-2017, 10:46 PM
I'd like to point out that the <Dawn Believers> guild is obviously not the target of my post and I'm sure these folks have nothing to do with the scammer.

<3

Panicsferd
03-03-2017, 10:47 PM
I left this guild after hearing that he scammed fellow guildies and even a lot more people in EC tunnels and now with rumors of him shamsade being the guild leader I can no longer associate my self with guild.

Like most people I was randomly invited into this guild which to me had no vetting what so ever, so they need some "extreme vetting" so things like this don't happen in the future.

I guess you always get scammed before the dawn, at least in the case of the guild Dawn Believers... so I left and will now look elsewhere for a better guild as I am getting close to reaching level 46 which is the level for starting raids, so goodbye and I hope no one else gets scammed.

Rysky
03-04-2017, 12:13 AM
I left this guild after hearing that he scammed fellow guildies and even a lot more people in EC tunnels and now with rumors of him shamsade being the guild leader I can no longer associate my self with guild.

Like most people I was randomly invited into this guild which to me had no vetting what so ever, so they need some "extreme vetting" so things like this don't happen in the future.

I guess you always get scammed before the dawn, at least in the case of the guild Dawn Believers... so I left and will now look elsewhere for a better guild as I am getting close to reaching level 46 which is the level for starting raids, so goodbye and I hope no one else gets scammed.

OPs scammer is Allios!?!?!?!?! I would like to see some confirmation on this!

Panicsferd
03-04-2017, 01:15 AM
OPs scammer is Allios!?!?!?!?! I would like to see some confirmation on this!

It's a rumor, but who knows what is the truth... the truth is though that shamsade did scam people and I don't want to be associated with that or the guild anymore since now because of what happened the <Dawn Believers> name has been tarnished.

nimalol
03-04-2017, 01:18 AM
How do you send someone a private mesage (PM)?

sezaru
03-04-2017, 01:55 AM
CONGRATS!

sezaru
03-04-2017, 01:56 AM
ON YOUR CEREMONIAL IKSAR CHESTPLATE!

Rysky
03-04-2017, 03:24 AM
It's a rumor, but who knows what is the truth... the truth is though that shamsade did scam people and I don't want to be associated with that or the guild anymore since now because of what happened the <Dawn Believers> name has been tarnished.

Although I understand where you are coming from, I do not think that's fair to take the actions of one person, whom belonged to a guild that invites low level players of all races and classes and hold him responsible to the guild name. He has been removed from his tag and we never condone such behavior.

I am an officer of the Believers and I can vouch for Allios, whom I've known for several months now and can say he is a genuine and overall great person! Even if this supposed rumor was true that Shamshade is our leaders alt, why in the hell would he invite his alt into the guild to do his evil doings.

Once again I can speak for Allios when I say the goal of Dawn Believers was to become a massive guild of all levels, with hopes of forming alliances and able to sneak our higher levels into raids while waiting for the rest to catch up so we could begin attempting as a guild.

All that being said I would like to clear Allios or Godsun, or anyone wearing the Beliver tag of this one foul creatures action. Until you prove otherwise I am sticking by my leaders side and backing the guild all the way.

Rysky Business 51 Iksar Necromancer and Officer of Dawn Believers

Rysky
03-04-2017, 04:16 AM
This is sad. Grouped with this guy in Mistmoore and gave him a lot of eq advice the last few days. Seemed like a true noobish returning player at the time; had a million questions about EQ; but perhaps it was just an ingratiating strategy.
I can tell you that he did ask a lot of questions about making pp; would that he had stuck to my advice and just leveled.
Also, I live on Okinawa so my prime time is 2-7am east coast. Shamsade would be on during the entirety during consecutive days. Therefore I must conclude that he is some sort of batlike creature or on drugs. Might explain a few thing either way.
Btw- SHAMsade- an allusion perhaps?

This is what I've found as solid proof of this scammers identity as to not being the guild leader of the Believers. Allios is usually on from 2PM-10PM est. now I can't say I've been online during the times stated in quoted comment, but I would guarantee that it's not Allios

Panicsferd
03-04-2017, 04:49 AM
Although I understand where you are coming from, I do not think that's fair to take the actions of one person, whom belonged to a guild that invites low level players of all races and classes and hold him responsible to the guild name. He has been removed from his tag and we never condone such behavior.

I am an officer of the Believers and I can vouch for Allios, whom I've known for several months now and can say he is a genuine and overall great person! Even if this supposed rumor was true that Shamshade is our leaders alt, why in the hell would he invite his alt into the guild to do his evil doings.

Once again I can speak for Allios when I say the goal of Dawn Believers was to become a massive guild of all levels, with hopes of forming alliances and able to sneak our higher levels into raids while waiting for the rest to catch up so we could begin attempting as a guild.

All that being said I would like to clear Allios or Godsun, or anyone wearing the Beliver tag of this one foul creatures action. Until you prove otherwise I am sticking by my leaders side and backing the guild all the way.

Rysky Business 51 Iksar Necromancer and Officer of Dawn Believers

I guess what is done is done, and to tell you the truth I was kind of thinking of leaving the guild when I reached 46 to join a raiding guild that is casual and ready to raid all ready, but I guess this whole shamsade thing escalated so I decided to part ways sooner then I imagined.

I was probably not going to leave the guild till I was 46+ - I think I actually left when I was still in my hell level at 45, so I guess enjoy the guild and have safe travels.

Rysky
03-04-2017, 05:07 AM
I guess what is done is done, and to tell you the truth I was kind of thinking of leaving the guild when I reached 46 to join a raiding guild that is casual and ready to raid all ready, but I guess this whole shamsade thing escalated so I decided to part ways sooner then I imagined.

I was probably not going to leave the guild till I was 46+ - I think I actually left when I was still in my hell level at 45, so I guess enjoy the guild and have safe travels.

Aye, like many others have voiced in the past, sorry we couldn't fulfill your needs. We are trying to partner up with guilds that host open raids to give the players some "new to them content" to experience while we still try to mature internally as a guild and grow as a whole. Good luck to ya! But saying the guild name was tarnished and that's the reason you left is a little harsh, don't ya think?

NuanImproved
03-04-2017, 06:05 AM
I'm sorry if I'm good at business =)

<3

Pfft. Everytime I'm in EC and you're online you try to lowball me by 40% for what I'm selling, or try to sell me something I'm trying to buy for at least 40% more than I auctioned that I'd pay for it. You've done this quite a few times, despite me politely telling you that I refuse to do business to you and to please stop asking. Buying and reselling is fine, but lowballing everyone and scamming impatient people is just lame. Enjoy your slow-earned plat while you make everyone hate you a little more each day. I like the idea that this scammer was specifically targeting you, because I've never met a dishonest person on this server.

debuilder
03-04-2017, 08:36 AM
Just copy pasting this from the other thread about shamsade, apparently lots of people are saying it's Allio's alt.

What do you have to say about the allegations that Shamsade is your alt?

Just chiming in to say that about a dozen people have told me in-game that Shamsade is indeed an alt of the Dawn Believers GL. Take that for whatever it's worth.

Rysky
03-04-2017, 08:53 AM
Just copy pasting this from the other thread about shamsade, apparently lots of people are saying it's Allio's alt.
If everyone knew it was the guild leader then they would know the character name

Rysky
03-04-2017, 09:04 AM
if this true why don't your guild "make right" vs the people that your guild members did wrong to.
from reading and talking to people it does feel like there has been alot more dishonest acts since your guild tag appeared....

if you are honest about that the guild leadership isn't involved and you care about your tag, make right the wrongs your guild member did, replace the items your guild tagged member stole.

until you do everyone should do a /w all dawn and save that list, as a list of people not to be trusted.

Hah cuz of one bad egg....lovely

thebutthat
03-04-2017, 09:11 AM
This dude tried to pull the same stunt with me a few days ago. Wasn't nearly of valuable of an item, but wanted to know what it looked like on an ogre and wanted to try it on. I told him no, and he said WELL YOUR GOING TO LOSE A GREAT DEAL AND NO ONE ELSE WOULD BUY THIS. I just /ignored him. Felt shady from the get go.

oracle333
03-04-2017, 09:25 AM
TO ANYONE WHO THINKS ALLIO IS SHAMSADE:

This is Allio here. I'm not really enjoying the fact that ONE clown of a person suddenly makes an entire guild "tarnished." And I'm truly not enjoying being accused of being the idiot who scammed people. Read this and make your own conclusion, but do so with evidence. Not the throwaway comments of a few trolls or gullible individuals.

Originally Posted by Kjellan View Post
Just chiming in to say that about a dozen people have told me in-game that Shamsade is indeed an alt of the Dawn Believers GL. Take that for whatever it's worth.

Khorulak,

If you left without even talking to me that shows more about your character than anything else. I have a 56 druid main (Allio). You're well aware that I have one of every class on p99. All fully twinked. I've made close to 1 million plat TOTAL over 2 and a half years. And all of it came from farming seafuries and jboot MQs. Why would I need to scam anyone of anything?

I'd also absolutely love to know where this rumor that I'm Shamsade came from. Other than what was clearly a joke by one of these people here.

You saw the quality of people in the guild, man. Everyone is good people. You get tons of humans together and one of them is bound to be like shamsade. But overall the overwhelming majority of people on p99 in general are mature adults. The overall quality of the sever as a whole is fantastic. We have a great guild, a great server, and I'm almost 100% sure shamsade is already banned because the GMs don't mess around with this kind of thing.

You're free to leave my guild off of a wildly irresponsible and totally unsubstantiated claim by one person who was clearly joking - but that really and truly says more about you than us.

In the future make sure you talk to people you accuse of heavy things like this.

^^^ Wrote that to Khorulak. It applies to anyone who thinks a 56 druid has a need to scam anyone out of a few thousand worth of plat.

As I said: I have one of every class and here are the names of all of them -

Allio, Venon, Kiffin, Boglurk, Royle, Goonga (my real shaman, not shamsade), Riovanni, Vinico, Efreetti, Sunstar, Mastrus, Raiyu, Saintana, and Mcduff.

For the record I have a 34 troll shaman. I own a fungi AND an ikky bp.

It's grossly irresponsible to accuse someone of something without a single shred of evidence. I've been on p99 for 2 and a half years now. It's pretty shitty to have to defend myself of an accusation this gross. I take pride in being a good dude.

What I'd like to know from you is who are these "dozen people" who said this? How would they know something like that? Or are you just a troll? Asking genuinely and without sarcasm.

This isn't something to joke about. Reputation is everything on p99 and really on any eq server. We're all trying to have a good time. And as I said - someone who's got one of every class fully twinked, with a 56 druid and 56 necro, has zero need to scam anyone out of a few items.

oracle333
03-04-2017, 09:28 AM
Hah cuz of one bad egg....lovely

Rysky, thank you for being the awesome person you are. It's funny that you and Khorulak are the two highest necros (aside from Sesserdrix) in our guild.

He jumps ship because of one grossly irresponsible rumor and the desire to go raid (event though we're getting close ish to raid level ourselves). Meanwhile you stay because you're loyal.

Thank you for that, brother.

oracle333
03-04-2017, 09:32 AM
To anyone who judges an entire guild off of one person (who is clearly no longer a member in that guild):

As I said in my long response - p99 as a whole is filled with GREAT people. Quality, kind, intelligent people who are mature adults and just want to have fun playing a game they grew up with.

That's why I mass invite to my guild. Because the odds say almost 10 out of 10 people are gonna be awesome.

For every shamsade there's 100 more who know what morals and integrity mean.

Dawn Believers as a whole is filled with amazing people and I love all of them.

Sarkhan
03-04-2017, 09:34 AM
Shamsade attempted same thing with me but I think he had already been kicked from Dawn Believers. I don't fault the guild at all and though I don't think randomly inviting everyone is great policy it has seemed to bring a lot of low levels and new players together. Every time I run through newbie areas i've seen some full groups of new players leveling together all tagged in DB and to me its nice to see.

I do not believe that Shamsade was the leaders alt because the few (albeit short) interactions I've had with Allio were polite, kind and even refusing dobations for ports whereas the one interaction I had with Shamsade was unintelligible, ignorant and very immature.

Froakula
03-04-2017, 09:43 AM
I wonder if he had only scammed Sprawlz if he'd be hailed a hero :p

Panicsferd
03-04-2017, 10:39 AM
Khorulak,

If you left without even talking to me that shows more about your character than anything else. I have a 56 druid main (Allio). You're well aware that I have one of every class on p99. All fully twinked. I've made close to 1 million plat TOTAL over 2 and a half years. And all of it came from farming seafuries and jboot MQs. Why would I need to scam anyone of anything?

I'd also absolutely love to know where this rumor that I'm Shamsade came from. Other than what was clearly a joke by one of these people here.

You saw the quality of people in the guild, man. Everyone is good people. You get tons of humans together and one of them is bound to be like shamsade. But overall the overwhelming majority of people on p99 in general are mature adults. The overall quality of the sever as a whole is fantastic. We have a great guild, a great server, and I'm almost 100% sure shamsade is already banned because the GMs don't mess around with this kind of thing.

You're free to leave my guild off of a wildly irresponsible and totally unsubstantiated claim by one person who was clearly joking - but that really and truly says more about you than us.

In the future make sure you talk to people you accuse of heavy things like this.

I didn't know you had experience with all the classes and whatnot since I was fairly new to this guild anyways since I've only been in it less then a month if that... but like I said in my original post I was planning on leaving anyways to find a guild that is ready to raid so once I hit 46+ I can maybe participate in raiding. I'm not sure who I told this, but I never gotten this high before on live... since when EQ first came out I was still young and it sort of drove me away how difficult it was back then.

I decided to then try it again and so far I am having a blast... so now that I am 46 and at the raid level I am going to look for a guild that is more casual on the raid scene (since never raided before) so I can raid often to learn the ropes and I guess because of this whole shamsade thing and when the forums exploded with with a bunch of posts about this, and now searching DB guild in google the first or top of the list is about the scam that I decided to leave sooner then I thought.

Also Allio, I didn't mind being in DB - it was a good leveling guild since I could find people my level to group with. I was first invited into this guild randomly when I grouped with a few my level (this was back when I was level 20 something) in unrest and I decided to accept it not really thinking or reading about the guild, I guess in the guild was helpful in my earlier levels to find people around my level to group or duo with and I even met some friends that I leveled/grouped with.

I guess what is done is done and we cannot change the past, so I myself am looking towards the future with me leveling and I guess raiding and I hope you have safe travels along with anyone else of <Dawn Believers>.

This is Khorulak, signing out. 46 (soon to be 47) Iksar Necro, may Cazic-Thule bless us in our time of need.

welly321
03-04-2017, 11:24 AM
I can confirm Allio IS Shamsade. I grouped with shamsade at Mistmoore pond about a week ago. I am a ikky SK with a fungi and I was talking about how having a regrowth would be so awesome with my already high regen. Shamsade quickly responded that he would log on a druid to buff me. He logged out, came back as Allio, buffed me up and back to Shamsade he was. He did these buffs 3 or 4 times. If Shamsade is not Allio's alt then Allio definitely had access to Shamsade's account or vice versa.

Skinned
03-04-2017, 12:03 PM
if this true why don't your guild "make right" vs the people that your guild members did wrong to.
from reading and talking to people it does feel like there has been alot more dishonest acts since your guild tag appeared....

if you are honest about that the guild leadership isn't involved and you care about your tag, make right the wrongs your guild member did, replace the items your guild tagged member stole.

until you do everyone should do a /w all dawn and save that list, as a list of people not to be trusted.

Yeah a struggling noob guild should all chip in and buy one of the richest players on p99 an item he won't use lol.

jakerees
03-04-2017, 12:31 PM
I can confirm Allio IS Shamsade. I grouped with shamsade at Mistmoore pond about a week ago. I am a ikky SK with a fungi and I was talking about how having a regrowth would be so awesome with my already high regen. Shamsade quickly responded that he would log on a druid to buff me. He logged out, came back as Allio, buffed me up and back to Shamsade he was. He did these buffs 3 or 4 times. If Shamsade is not Allio's alt then Allio definitely had access to Shamsade's account or vice versa.

The plot thickens!!!!!

Panicsferd
03-04-2017, 12:45 PM
The plot thickens!!!!!
Stay tuned next week to find out how really did it!

Skinned
03-04-2017, 01:13 PM
People trolling hard now.

Panicsferd
03-04-2017, 01:28 PM
People trolling hard now.
Some of the stuff I said has been I guess a joke, but now I don't know what to believe anymore I guess - I'm fairly new so I could be wrong or not know much about the ins and outs of p99.

I think regardless how I may sound when posting on this forum post or the other various shamsade topics. I like I said in one of my various posts that I got randomly selected in this guild when I was grouped with some in Unrest. I didn't read much about the guild at the time and figured I'de accept the invite since during my time from 1-20+ I was grouped with a ton of DB members so figured it must be a good leveling guild If throughout my early travels ran into a lot of people having that tag.

<Dawn Believers> was a decent leveling guild, I met some good people that I grouped/leveled with and even met some friends that I now talk with on a daily basis (or well whenever I'm on) and it was a good guild for that purpose. Now that I am 46, almost 47 and at the raid level I decided to part ways with that guild to search for a another guild that is currently raiding and a bit casual so I can learn the ropes.

I guess I am thankful for the original invite and for the various groups that I got invited to when I flew the <Dawn Believers> tag, but I guess it is time to move on and leave the past in the past and to focus on the future... happy ever questing everyone!

Nixtar
03-04-2017, 01:46 PM

Riveting story, sir. I can also confirm Allio is Donald Trump since he told me had to log off to make another executive order.

jakerees
03-04-2017, 01:49 PM
Riveting story, sir. I can also confirm Allio is Donald Trump since he told me had to log off to make another executive order.

Difference is, his story is actually plausible and within the realm of possibility

tiadashi
03-04-2017, 02:18 PM
Difference is, his story is actually plausible and within the realm of possibility

No its not - hes trolling and its pretty sad

jakerees
03-04-2017, 02:41 PM
No its not - hes trolling and its pretty sad

Because it's just easier to call them a troll so everyone discounts the story when you have no other way to disprove it.

Still plausible.

Nixtar
03-04-2017, 03:14 PM

Of course it is. But plausible doesn't mean it is any more true. You can make up anything but without logs or screenshots we just have to take his word for it. Needless to say, I won't.

tiadashi
03-04-2017, 03:36 PM
Because it's just easier to call them a troll so everyone discounts the story when you have no other way to disprove it.

Still plausible.

The burden of proof is on the person making the claim not on the person being attacked - with no proof at all its just a troll post period

jakerees
03-04-2017, 03:51 PM
Still plausible

tiadashi
03-04-2017, 03:57 PM
Still plausible

Its also plausible that you are shamsade or me for that matter

Rysky
03-04-2017, 03:58 PM

Mind blown

jakerees
03-04-2017, 04:17 PM
Also plausible that Dawn Believers is full of shady players

ZiggyTheMuss
03-04-2017, 04:26 PM

We are all Shamsade.

welly321
03-04-2017, 04:37 PM
You guys can joke all you want but its pretty messed up a guild leader is scamming people.

Im just waiting for Allio to claim it was his "brother" on his account.

Lhancelot
03-04-2017, 04:57 PM
I wonder if Shamshade is the same guy that years ago would sell the non-porting leather halfling cap for 400pp, fooling people that assumed it was the quested WC portal cap you get from RV?

They failed to inspect the cap and assumed because it's name is exactly the same as the port cap it was the one that had the insta-clicky on it, when in reality it had nothing on it except for the same name.

Also another scam recently I had someone try on me was they were selling a crystal chitin breastplate, and tried to stick a chitin shell from a beetle in the trade instead.

Probably the same guy. He probably runs a gamut of different scams, wreaking havoc on the minds and hearts of pixel-fiending nerds distraught and heartbroken over the loss of scammed pixels.

Pixel-nerds! Guard your pixels smartly if you value them, as I know you do.

We have a pixel-thief amongst us it seems.

ndmx1000
03-04-2017, 04:57 PM
You guys can joke all you want but its pretty messed up a guild leader is scamming people.

Im just waiting for Allio to claim it was his "brother" on his account.

I grouped with Shamshade in MM on my rogue and he would constantly log on Allio to come buff our group and then log back on Shamshade. He would also port out and go to EC a few times during our group as well without really telling us what was going on.

I call for the disband of this guild at once! This is not what P99 needs!

Rysky
03-04-2017, 05:03 PM
I grouped with Shamshade in MM on my rogue and he would constantly log on Allio to come buff our group and then log back on Shamshade. He would also port out and go to EC a few times during our group as well without really telling us what was going on.

I call for the disband of this guild at once! This is not what P99 needs!

Slander

Rysky
03-04-2017, 05:07 PM
Show me screen shots or show me the logs and then I will believe ya.

ndmx1000
03-04-2017, 05:09 PM
Rysky -

There are multiple posts from other people claiming the same thing. So we are all lying now?

ndmx1000
03-04-2017, 05:14 PM
Rysky -

TO ANYONE WHO THINKS ALLIO IS SHAMSADE:

This is Allio here. I'm not really enjoying the fact that ONE clown of a person suddenly makes an entire guild "tarnished." And I'm truly not enjoying being accused of being the idiot who scammed people. Read this and make your own conclusion, but do so with evidence. Not the throwaway comments of a few trolls or gullible individuals.

Originally Posted by Kjellan View Post

Khorulak,

^^^ Wrote that to Khorulak. It applies to anyone who thinks a 56 druid has a need to scam anyone out of a few thousand worth of plat.

As I said: I have one of every class and here are the names of all of them -

Allio, Venon, Kiffin, Boglurk, Royle, Goonga (my real shaman, not shamsade), Riovanni, Vinico, Efreetti, Sunstar, Mastrus, Raiyu, Saintana, and Mcduff.

For the record I have a 34 troll shaman. I own a fungi AND an ikky bp.

It's grossly irresponsible to accuse someone of something without a single shred of evidence. I've been on p99 for 2 and a half years now. It's pretty shitty to have to defend myself of an accusation this gross. I take pride in being a good dude.

What I'd like to know from you is who are these "dozen people" who said this? How would they know something like that? Or are you just a troll? Asking genuinely and without sarcasm.

This isn't something to joke about. Reputation is everything on p99 and really on any eq server. We're all trying to have a good time. And as I said - someone who's got one of every class fully twinked, with a 56 druid and 56 necro, has zero need to scam anyone out of a few items.

Allio claims to have 1 million plat in this post and he can't refund the people that a member of his guild has scammed? I do not want to hear the excuse of not being able to control all members... you need to vet them before you go and mass invite everyone on the server. I have gotten 5 invites that I have had to decline on numerous alts. This does not sound like an honorable guild to me. This sounds like money grubbing scammers. I vow for the disband of this guild at once!

Riply
03-04-2017, 05:35 PM
Anyone claiming this guy is Allio is either A. a troll, or B. has never talked to Allio. I am not in Dawn Believers, all though I was for awhile when I first started on P1999 a few months ago. Allio is definitely a class act and without doubt one of the nicest people I have meet in P1999 as a whole. Allio is one of the rare people that will go waaaayyyy out of his way to help people. The night I meet the guy he power leveled me in Befallen for hours, just because that is the kind of thing Allio does. If you are in doubt that Allio has the cash the claims.....then you obviously have never visited OOT, he literally lives there. Smearing a great guys name just for the sake of trying to sound like you have the inside information is ridiculous.

Rysky
03-04-2017, 06:29 PM
Show me screen shots or show me the logs and then I will believe ya.

Pokesan
03-04-2017, 06:34 PM
lots of dingo alt accounts in this one

bloodmuffin
03-04-2017, 07:19 PM
Also plausible that Dawn Believers is full of shady players

They spam invited my alt when I declined to join their terrible guild.

Just another guild like Vex Dominus or Supremacy, every few years they pop back up under a different name.

Panicsferd
03-04-2017, 08:27 PM
Rysky -

Allio claims to have 1 million plat in this post and he can't refund the people that a member of his guild has scammed? I do not want to hear the excuse of not being able to control all members... you need to vet them before you go and mass invite everyone on the server. I have gotten 5 invites that I have had to decline on numerous alts. This does not sound like an honorable guild to me. This sounds like money grubbing scammers. I vow for the disband of this guild at once!

I can attest to this, since I myself was one of those that was randomly invited into this guild a month ago when I was leveling in Unrest... I decided to join it since I had grouped with a crap ton of people from this guild so figured it was a good leveling guild - since found people all around my level.

Here is a chat log that I had between me and a 20 something sk while I was killing Bloodgills in Lake of Ill Omen and he said the same thing where when he was in unrest he got a random invite but he didn't accept it since he thought it was kind of strange how they were just inviting random people?

Here is the image (I blocked the name of the person I was talking to, since not sure if I should release his name so he isn't badgered or if its against the rules?)

http://i.imgur.com/OphvDG8.png

I checked my logs and I don't have anything that I guess could prove that Allio and Sham are one in the same, since I never thought of doing a /who on both of them to see if they were both on at the same time and or in the same area and well it is too late to do it now.

I guess the only people that will know the truth is Shamsade himself, and I doubt he will tell us.

SamwiseRed
03-04-2017, 09:17 PM
what a bunch of losers.

Cenii
03-04-2017, 10:11 PM
HOLY FUCKING SHIT NERDS

lol

Panicsferd
03-04-2017, 11:01 PM
I was busy in Lake of Ill Omen killing bloodgills like I normally do and came across this on my chatlog some <Dawn Believer> guildie was shouting some complete jibberish and others were talking about this forum post?

http://i.imgur.com/gKQUl0F.png

fastboy21
03-04-2017, 11:10 PM
I was busy in Lake of Ill Omen killing bloodgills like I normally do and came across this on my chatlog some <Dawn Believer> guildie was shouting some complete jibberish and others were talking about this forum post?

confirmed. it is jibberish.

deguild tonight before you associate with these wackies for any longer.

Panicsferd
03-04-2017, 11:13 PM
confirmed. it is jibberish.

deguild tonight before you associate with these wackies for any longer.

I'm not part of the guild anymore, was just saying that a member of <Dawn Believers> was the one speaking jibberish - I decided to screen cap it since thought it was kind of funny and then others shouting about this forum.

Secrets
03-05-2017, 12:46 AM
http://i.imgur.com/kTiTa8G.png

ZiggyTheMuss
03-05-2017, 01:16 AM
Terminate with extreme prejudice!

tiadashi
03-05-2017, 01:17 AM

I have seen many people talk in such a manner from a great many different guilds - Its not jibberish its called RP

Panicsferd
03-05-2017, 01:31 AM
I have seen many people talk in such a manner from a great many different guilds - Its not jibberish its called RP

I get that but they don't have to be shouting their rp guild jibberish in the shouting channel that makes everyone else in the area hear it.

tiadashi
03-05-2017, 01:35 AM
I get that but they don't have to be shouting their rp guild jibberish in the shouting channel that makes everyone else in the area hear it.

Welcome to the internet?

sonicjoose
03-05-2017, 02:04 AM
What we should really focus on is getting a gofundme page ready for Panicsferd. There is no reason any child on p99 should go without food or water

applesauce25r624
03-05-2017, 03:36 AM
so many fatcat brothers and sisters of mine in this thread

i love you all

Life617
03-05-2017, 06:48 AM
Scammer got scammed, hate dealing with people who try to jack up the price of an item and fuck the whole economy up for the rest of the community. I hate to say it... in all honesty I hope you lose even more money in the future. ^_^

Teppler
03-05-2017, 07:24 AM
Scammer got scammed, hate dealing with people who try to jack up the price of an item and fuck the whole economy up for the rest of the community. I hate to say it... in all honesty I hope you lose even more money in the future. ^_^

Do I need to teach you how scarcity and the market works?

fastboy21
03-05-2017, 10:36 AM
http://i.imgur.com/kTiTa8G.png

are you saying that halflings are more likely to commit crimes than the other peoples of norrath? that's racist.

i agree with you that some of them are bad hombres, but i'm sure there are some good halflings out there that should stay. Can we keep the good ones?

Doctor Jeff
03-05-2017, 12:31 PM
are you saying that halflings are more likely to commit crimes than the other peoples of norrath? that's racist.

the basic conceit of everquest is racism...

Sprawlz
03-05-2017, 12:45 PM
Tunnelquesters are the living blood of the EC tunnel.

Try Red, a server without resellers, and see if you like the economy there.

Love and kisses,
Sprawlz.

Panicsferd
03-05-2017, 12:46 PM
What we should really focus on is getting a gofundme page ready for Panicsferd. There is no reason any child on p99 should go without food or water

I am not a child, but who needs food and drink when I am trying to farm for that damn courier ring - and when I was killing bloodgills I was in the lake, so I had plenty of water I could have drunk.

i agree with you that some of them are bad hombres, but i'm sure there are some good halflings out there that should stay. Can we keep the good ones?

We need to build a wall, a wall to keep these bad halflings out of here! and we will make sure that they (the halflings) will pay for it!

They are not sending their best, folks. They are sending their Scammers, Fat Cats, and Rascals.

Life617
03-05-2017, 01:29 PM
Buying low and selling high is probably one of the best ways to make large sums of money on the server. With a little patience you can turn 100p into 100k. Way more lucrative than spending 2 hours looking for an open camp.

Panicsferd
03-05-2017, 01:37 PM
Buying low and selling high is probably one of the best ways to make large sums of money on the server. With a little patience you can turn 100p into 100k. Way more lucrative than spending 2 hours looking for an open camp.

Yeah or in my case spending 4 days at the courier camp and still haven't gotten my ring where everyone else got it their first day of camping.

I think for me it can be maybe easier or somewhat more fun to do these various camp places like for instance: the courier ring I was doing that when the bloodgills I was doing were all camped out and normally so far myself I don't really I guess seek out camping spots but if there is a camping spot near where im leveling then I might try it if my leveling spot (like the bloodgills) is camped.

Jimjam
03-05-2017, 03:41 PM
Yeah or in my case spending 4 days at the courier camp and still haven't gotten my ring where everyone else got it their first day of camping.

I think for me it can be maybe easier or somewhat more fun to do these various camp places like for instance: the courier ring I was doing that when the bloodgills I was doing were all camped out and normally so far myself I don't really I guess seek out camping spots but if there is a camping spot near where im leveling then I might try it if my leveling spot (like the bloodgills) is camped.

I did 10 levels on a mage at courier camp and never got the ring.

Panicsferd
03-05-2017, 03:44 PM
I did 10 levels on a mage at courier camp and never got the ring.

That is comforting, at least I wasn't the only one who had such bad luck... but I may go back when im 49/50 or when i'm done with the bloodgills since I figure I'll give it one last good run before I leave lake for better pastures.

Gumbo
03-06-2017, 01:25 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again... P99 needs a popcorn emoticon.

Bristlebaner
03-06-2017, 06:17 PM
On a positive note, I find <Dawn Believers> to be a true anomaly. It's like a bunch of people who have never played an MMO, let alone EQ, all decided to start a guild.

Their members spit out some real doozies of questions...such as "What's a sow?" and "How do I eat?"

10/10 would group again.

kelsoider
03-06-2017, 06:21 PM
On a positive note, I find <Dawn Believers> to be a true anomaly. It's like a bunch of people who have never played an MMO, let alone EQ, all decided to start a guild.

Their members spit out some real doozies of questions...such as "What's a sow?" and "How do I eat?"

10/10 would group again.

I have noticed a lot of players like this recently as well.

tiadashi
03-06-2017, 06:24 PM

10/10 would group again.

Thats great that theres new folks trickling in, I have seen a few myself - I need to try to group with these people more 8)

loramin
03-06-2017, 06:58 PM
With a fuckton of patience and way too much time you can turn 100p into 100k. If you're insane and like creating item price spreadsheets it might, maybe be more lucrative than actually playing the game.

FTFY :D

Ravager
03-06-2017, 07:07 PM
Nah, it doesn't need to be that complicated. If you work at it and increase your starting bankroll 10% per day, you'll double it roughly every week and you can turn 100p into 100k in about 10 weeks. Or make it easier on yourself and aim for 5% and get it in about 20 weeks. Not hard, but tedious. No spreadsheets required though.

loramin
03-06-2017, 07:11 PM
Nah, it doesn't need to be that complicated. If you work at it and increase your starting bankroll 10% per day, you'll double it roughly every week and you can turn 100p into 100k in about 10 weeks. Or make it easier on yourself and aim for 5% and get it in about 20 weeks. Not hard, but tedious. No spreadsheets required though.

Have you ever actually done it? It sounds that easy on paper, it's not in practice.

Ravager
03-06-2017, 07:21 PM
Have you ever actually done it? It sounds that easy on paper, it's not in practice.
Tedious =/= difficult. But no, I don't have all day to make it work and I loathe EC.

solleks
03-06-2017, 07:48 PM
If you had burned your eyes by seeing the Guild chat of dawn Believers this would come as no surprise

Sirban
03-06-2017, 08:23 PM
DAWN BELIEBERS

ZiggyTheMuss
03-06-2017, 08:36 PM
DAWN BELIEBERS

Really have your finger on the pulse of pop culture of 5 years ago. Get out of the basement!

loramin
03-06-2017, 08:40 PM
Tedious =/= difficult.

At the risk of getting too semantic, doing something tedious is itself difficult ... that's sort of the basis of most of the "difficulty" in EQ.

Panicsferd
03-07-2017, 01:05 AM
Take this for whatever it is worth, but lately after leaving <Dawn Believers> I keep getting contacted by "Allio" on his alts, and so far he has never contacted me on his Allio character so I am just wondering if the rumors could be indeed true that Allio and Shamsade are one and the same?

Would make sense since if Shamsade gotten banned from his scamming then if both Allio and Shamsade characters were on the same account then that would explain how he is only contacted me on his various alts. What normally happens as well is after he says his stuff before I can do a /who or reply to him he just logs off.

This last alt who contacted me today I was going to ask him why he doesn't just log on his main Allio instead of his alts to talk to me, but before the message went through he went offline?

And I almost guarantee that after I post this I will probably get another message from one of his various alts.

This was his first alt messaging me the 4th of march:

[Sat Mar 04 14:39:07 2017] alt1 tells you, 'i saw your reply on the forums. despite your actually entertaining the idea that i scammed ppl with a made up toon who was in my guild....
id like to have you back. we're going to raid soon and it will always be casual raiding. but we cant hit that point if our higher lvls keep leaving. '
[Sat Mar 04 14:39:11 2017] alt1 tells you, 'just come back, be patient. help build something special instead of joining something established, you know? gonna
/quit and log off. please find an officer and help me grow this thing into a cool powerhouse on p99'

The next one was today:

[Mon Mar 06 21:38:42 2017] alt2 tells you, 'hey its allio. i was told you put a screenshot up of one of my members on the forums?'
[Mon Mar 06 21:38:44 2017] alt2 tells you, 'why?'
[Mon Mar 06 21:39:13 2017] alt2 tells you, 'was this after we talked? cuz that'd be pretty low tbh'

So far he has only contacted me on his various alts and not on his main allio so it makes me somewhat believe these rumors could have some weight to them.

But I could be wrong, so take this for whatever it means...

ZiggyTheMuss
03-07-2017, 02:04 AM
^^^

Very strange indeed! Keep us updated!

tiadashi
03-07-2017, 03:23 AM
Take this for whatever it is worth, but lately after leaving <Dawn Believers> I keep getting contacted by "Allio" on his alts, and so far he has never contacted me on his Allio character so I am just wondering if the rumors could be indeed true that Allio and Shamsade are one and the same?

Would make sense since if Shamsade gotten banned from his scamming then if both Allio and Shamsade characters were on the same account then that would explain how he is only contacted me on his various alts. What normally happens as well is after he says his stuff before I can do a /who or reply to him he just logs off.

This last alt who contacted me today I was going to ask him why he doesn't just log on his main Allio instead of his alts to talk to me, but before the message went through he went offline?

And I almost guarantee that after I post this I will probably get another message from one of his various alts.

[Sat Mar 04 14:39:07 2017] alt1 tells you, 'i saw your reply on the forums. despite your actually entertaining the idea that i scammed ppl with a made up toon who was in my guild....
id like to have you back. we're going to raid soon and it will always be casual raiding. but we cant hit that point if our higher lvls keep leaving. '
[Sat Mar 04 14:39:11 2017] alt1 tells you, 'just come back, be patient. help build something special instead of joining something established, you know? gonna
/quit and log off. please find an officer and help me grow this thing into a cool powerhouse on p99'

The next one was today:

[Mon Mar 06 21:38:42 2017] alt2 tells you, 'hey its allio. i was told you put a screenshot up of one of my members on the forums?'
[Mon Mar 06 21:39:13 2017] alt2 tells you, 'was this after we talked? cuz that'd be pretty low tbh'

So far he has only contacted me on his various alts and not on his main allio so it makes me somewhat believe these rumors could have some weight to them.

Why are there no names or screen shots at least here? anyone can text you and say they are anyone else while not on that character

Muggens
03-07-2017, 03:23 AM
Khorulak is such a snitch I'm starting to side with this Allio fella

welly321
03-07-2017, 09:33 AM

The next one was today:

The plot thickens!

bum3
03-07-2017, 11:11 AM
Allio was on yesterday. So he isn't banned. Or it was the shortest ban ever.

Doctor Jeff
03-07-2017, 11:27 AM
Allio was on yesterday. So he isn't banned. Or it was the shortest ban ever.

Shamsade was on this morning.

bum3
03-07-2017, 11:28 AM
Shamsade was on this morning.

So we can conclude neither was banned.

Dreenk317
03-07-2017, 01:33 PM
So we can conclude neither was banned.

Just to play a little devils advocate.... Its on you to not give your stuff away without receiving payment. Not the GM's. I understand it's against the rules to scam and all that. But come on, if YOU got scammed, it's YOUR fault. Not saying it was right. But I'm not surprised he didn't get banned.

Also, is there any sort of proof other than speculation that shamsade is Allio? I've seen none.

Panicsferd
03-07-2017, 03:08 PM
Why are there no names or screen shots at least here? anyone can text you and say they are anyone else while not on that character

Well the names were Kiffin for the first alt and the second was Vinico... I didn't think of taking a screenshot of it since before I posted this I logged off and lost the chance to take a screenshot of it.

And I wasn't thinking of taking a screenshot of it back on the 4th when I was first approached by the person who claimed to be Allio, since I figured this was going to be the last time I was going to be contacted by him??

I guess I will know now in the future to whenever I am contacted by him to take a screenshot and then I guess post it here and knowing what I posted here I won't be surprised if I am contacted by one of his alts again or maybe he will finally stop bothering me about me leaving, or posting the forums.

bum3
03-07-2017, 04:37 PM
Just to play a little devils advocate.... Its on you to not give your stuff away without receiving payment. Not the GM's. I understand it's against the rules to scam and all that. But come on, if YOU got scammed, it's YOUR fault. Not saying it was right. But I'm not surprised he didn't get banned.

Also, is there any sort of proof other than speculation that shamsade is Allio? I've seen none.

Nope. I'm in Dawn Believers on a single character and Allio seems to care somewhat about the guild and guildies. He kicked shamsade from the guild and announced it will not be tolerated. So... maybe

fastboy21
03-07-2017, 04:57 PM
If someone you don't know asks you to give them something of yours and you do it...you can hardly call it a scam.

Stop trading your shit to people...

shuklak
03-07-2017, 10:44 PM
If someone you don't know asks you to give them something of yours and you do it...you can hardly call it a scam.

Stop trading your shit to people...

Couldn't agree more!

This was just a donation. Unless, of course, OP is trying to be an Indian giver?

chevy79bu
03-09-2017, 01:26 PM
I'm in Dawn and honestly have never had any issues with anyone. It's a pretty big guild with lots of members from all levels and skill ability in terms of EQ skills. In a situation like this it seems a lot of the comments on here are allowing one bad apple to spoil the bunch. When I first read through this I'll be honest I started thinking I may need to leave the guild as to not turn into someone that is seen as a spoiled apple lol. But then thinking about it I began in this guild when my town was about lvl10 2 months ago and have had great dealings with its people. They help each other often both in gear and groups etc. It is really a good guild especially for returning players. I think the issue with this Shamshade guy is unfortunate more so because the p99 community is surprisingly full or really great helpful people. I'm an officer in the guild on my main and the night of all this garbage was contacted by someone that got scammed for some crystal chitin leggings I believe it was. I immediately escalated to another well established officer and the issue was handled promptly by looking further into its member then dismissing him from the guild. I don't think it could have been handled better. Just my 2 cents... Tuuil

Ravager
03-09-2017, 03:52 PM
But come on, if YOU got scammed, it's YOUR fault. Not saying it was right. But I'm not surprised he didn't get banned.

You said it! I'm so tired of all of these victims going around making themselves targets for crime.

Stroboo
03-09-2017, 04:32 PM
So one guy, in a leveling guild, scams a tunnelquester and 15pages later...

15 pages! I frickin love p99 - you guys are the bestest

Senix
03-10-2017, 06:23 AM
after reading all the pages everyone saying shamshade and allios react in different way's so they must be different people. I'm not saying either or he is or is not. But I grew up on rallos zek and to get high lvl's and raid guild you couldn't be a pk. However people lvl farm plat make a twink and pk people all day while never telling anyone that they have a pk alt. My point is it's completely possible to have two separate persona's on separate characters. I'm on my raiding cleric I'm super awesome and nice, log over to pk and now I'm the scourge of unrest.

welly321
03-10-2017, 09:08 AM
Its pretty clear Allio = Shamsade and proof has been provided multiple times in this thread.

Lhancelot
03-10-2017, 12:29 PM
Whenever I see this guys name, "Shamshade", "Sham-whatever", it reminds me of that dude who had all those boxed toons on RZ/SZ/Zek named "Sampowers", "Samwiz", "Sam-whatever," and that guy turned out to be a seedy dude IRL.

I bet this Shamshade guy is seedy too. Anyone that names multiple toons with words that rhyme with Sam have to be seedy weirdos in my book.

For what it's worth there's a "Shamdeathstar" in EC now all the time. Same guy? Or imposter? No matter, dude is shady and seedy AF I bet.

ZiggyTheMuss
03-10-2017, 02:10 PM
Whenever I see this guys name, "Shamshade", "Sham-whatever", it reminds me of that dude who had all those boxed toons on RZ/SZ/Zek named "Sampowers", "Samwiz", "Sam-whatever," and that guy turned out to be a seedy dude IRL.

I bet this Shamshade guy is seedy too. Anyone that names multiple toons with words that rhyme with Sam have to be seedy weirdos in my book.

For what it's worth there's a "Shamdeathstar" in EC now all the time. Same guy? Or imposter? No matter, dude is shady and seedy AF I bet.

I remember the Sams. What about him was "seedy?" I would just assume the dude was lonely as hell and neckbeardy to box so many toons at once.

welly321
03-10-2017, 03:05 PM
So did allio get banned or what

Jotok
03-10-2017, 03:38 PM
I remember the Sams. What about him was "seedy?" I would just assume the dude was lonely as hell and neckbeardy to box so many toons at once.

SamDaMan would brag about all the ladies of the night he slept with. Posted the pictures of what they looked like. He then he made to mistake of trying to troll FoH(Firesof Heaven) message board and they out'ed him as a convicted pedophile.

BTW, this thread is gold. Thanks for the entertainment. lol

Lhancelot
03-10-2017, 03:42 PM

Well, I was reading old EQ1 forums many years ago and ran into some posts about him. He was even responding back and forth with people.

Someone looked him up, had his RL name obviously and found he had jail records and he had done time for inappropriate contact with a juvenile.

He didn't deny it either, and had some excuse as to how it happened etc., and long story short he was trolled pretty hard on that.

The thing is, before that came to light, he was always posting pictures of himself with chicks, as if he was some weird nerdy looking dude that had money and was pulling hotties.

Axlrose
03-10-2017, 03:59 PM
On another forum, some people found some California criminal records concerning Sam Deathwalker, or at least whatever Sam the Man's real name was. I remember the pictures he would post of him wearing some caveman / Tarzan / Vikings clothing and attending rock concerts with all these skanky hoes. And apparently he owned some apartment buildings and was a pretty seedy landlord. And I think he got pinched for having sex with a minor.

Why the hell am I remember this stuff...?

Edit: Ahhh, I see others remember the same stuff.

Lhancelot
03-10-2017, 04:15 PM
On another forum, some people found some California criminal records concerning Sam Deathwalker, or at least whatever Sam the Man's real name was. I remember the pictures he would post of him wearing some caveman / Tarzan / Vikings clothing and attending rock concerts with all these skanky hoes. And apparently he owned some apartment buildings and was a pretty seedy landlord. And I think he got pinched for having sex with a minor.

Why the hell am I remember this stuff...?

Edit: Ahhh, I see others remember the same stuff.

rofl yeah. Well, it's hard to forget stuff like that especially when you always viewed the guy as just some harmless guy who posted silly pictures and enjoyed boxing on EQ.

Then you find out the real him, and your impression is shattered forever of Sam Deathwalker. Hard to forget that.

I remember when he first started boxing and I would see his auto-following toons running around it was so crazy to me back then.

ZiggyTheMuss
03-10-2017, 05:28 PM
Wow lol... This thread is now even better.

Lhancelot
03-10-2017, 05:57 PM
Wow lol... This thread is now even better.

Wonder if Sam Deathwalker is secretly playing on p99 now. He'd have to hide his identity no doubt.

ZiggyTheMuss
03-10-2017, 06:14 PM
Wow and down the rabbit hole I went for about 45 minutes, googling this Sam guy. Holy shit! "Seedy" is a massive understatement. Found some thread with him trying to defend his actions and constantly mentioning his IQ of 144, all while displaying his terrible grammar and his weak grasp of the English language.

The guy misspelled "disease" three different ways in back to back posts. Wtf?!?

Lhancelot
03-10-2017, 06:43 PM
Wow and down the rabbit hole I went for about 45 minutes, googling this Sam guy. Holy shit! "Seedy" is a massive understatement. Found some thread with him trying to defend his actions and constantly mentioning his IQ of 144, all while displaying his terrible grammar and his weak grasp of the English language.

The guy misspelled "disease" three different ways in back to back posts. Wtf?!?

hahaha. You have to know that poor grammar skills doesn't necessarily translate into low intelligence. That being said, I doubt that Sam was blessed with a high IQ.

I remember that too, I have not read his posts since years ago, but I recall him defending his actions and only digging himself deeper.

Sometimes it's better just to know people as these funny little pixels instead of how they really are IRL. Sometimes their identities in the game are nothing like their RL ones.

Izmael
03-10-2017, 06:50 PM
You have to know that poor grammar skills doesn't necessarily translate into low intelligence.

Not saying there isn't an odd counter-example here and there, but, in my experience, poor written skills usually DOES translate into low intelligence IRL.

Lhancelot
03-10-2017, 07:08 PM
Not saying there isn't an odd counter-example here and there, but, in my experience, poor written skills usually DOES translate into low intelligence IRL.

Someone can be highly intelligent and simply never been taught proper reading/writing skills it's not unheard of.

That being said, it's probably a safe bet if you see someone who has been exposed to modern structured schooling with extremely poor language skills they are not a genius.

In the past I have met people who spoke very rudimentary, yet were quite sharp in mind and deceptively so.

I just never underestimate people or generalize them based off one factor is all.

Senix
03-10-2017, 08:38 PM
Have you guys ever seen some of Einstein's handwriting he does all sorts of run on sentences. Doesn't punctuate correctly, yet that man is a genius. Good example for ya Lhancelot

ZiggyTheMuss
03-10-2017, 09:05 PM
Have you guys ever seen some of Einstein's handwriting he does all sorts of run on sentences. Doesn't punctuate correctly, yet that man is a genius. Good example for ya Lhancelot

I understand that bad grammar and punctuation isn't a sign of stupidity, but logically an intelligent person would probably stick to spelling a certain word one way (whether or not their version is misspelled.)

My main point being that this Sam guy spelled "disease" three different ways within minutes of each other.

Disise
Disiese
Desiese

rollin5k
03-10-2017, 09:12 PM
I don't think anyone really knew how to spell disease back then

Izmael
03-10-2017, 09:13 PM
There is a difference between not willing to make the effort to write properly, and not being able to. That's for Einstein.

Being "quite sharp" is vague and subjective at best.

I'm referring to jntelligence as in "IQ level" since this is what you can reasonably measure.

I have little doubt there is a strong correlation between one's IQ score and mother tongue written skills - again, given a representative and sizeable sample, counter-examples certainly being possible.

(Obviously, this doesn't imply that good grammar MEANS intelligence).

ZiggyTheMuss
03-10-2017, 09:13 PM
I don't think anyone really knew how to spell disease back then

Way back in 2009 yarp! Most history books don't go back that far.

Lhancelot
03-10-2017, 09:28 PM

Yeah that was my point. Can't just generalize and say that writing skills = IQ. They really don't have anything to do with one another imo.

fastboy21
03-10-2017, 09:44 PM
Yeah that was my point. Can't just generalize and say that writing skills = IQ. They really don't have anything to do with one another imo.

If by writing skills you mean knowledge of grammar then you are correct. grammar is arbitrary. it is learned or not learned; used or not used according to the arbitrary rules. if we believe that intelligence is organic and not something you can learn then grammar would be irrelevant to it. the most intelligent man in the world might grow up in a Calcutta slum, be illiterate, and never do anything special; he would still be the most intelligent man in the world.

If by writing skills you mean arranging logical thoughts into a valid and sound argument that communicates to others your thinking process then I disagree. Writing skills, in this sense, wouldn't be the only type of intelligence, but it would be one of them.

Axlrose
03-10-2017, 10:30 PM
(Why am I remembering this stuff...?)

With Sam, it always seemed to be a subtle double shot towards other gaming nerds. He would brag about his gaming exploits and how he would six box either mages or wizards and get phat lewt from pet attacks to mana burning mobs dead. "But Sam, you're six boxing!" "Yea, my awesome rig can handle that." followed with a picture of some elaborate computer set up, I think with some chains holding stuff up.

And then the bigger shot that he was scoring left, right, and center while the same gaming nerds that drooled over his gaming rig and awesome gaming skills really lost it when he posted himself with different women each night. Attend some concert in his clothing scheme, got to meet famous people through his appearance, and wham - the best of both worlds! Yet when people would post how they are happily involved in their relationship, "I'm Sam the Man and I bang so many women that most of them I don't even remember their names!"

With Sam around, it was definitely popcorn emote time.

fadetree
03-11-2017, 10:41 PM
If by writing skills you mean knowledge of grammar then you are correct. grammar is arbitrary. it is learned or not learned; used or not used according to the arbitrary rules. if we believe that intelligence is organic and not something you can learn then grammar would be irrelevant to it. the most intelligent man in the world might grow up in a Calcutta slum, be illiterate, and never do anything special; he would still be the most intelligent man in the world.

If by writing skills you mean arranging logical thoughts into a valid and sound argument that communicates to others your thinking process then I disagree. Writing skills, in this sense, wouldn't be the only type of intelligence, but it would be one of them.

Eh, I wouldn't call it arbitrary....but it is learned by exposure and effort, it's true that its not necessarily self-evident.

tiadashi
03-12-2017, 05:09 AM
Its pretty clear Allio = Shamsade and proof has been provided multiple times in this thread.

Proof? What Proof? So far all I have seen is words, me saying someone is guilty of something does not make for proof

Honestly at this point it really sounds like you have a personal grudge against Allio I dont have any proof of that but your repeated posts saying he is sham and then asking if hes been banned is really pointing in that direction

fastboy21
03-12-2017, 07:14 AM
Eh, I wouldn't call it arbitrary....but it is learned by exposure and effort, it's true that its not necessarily self-evident.

grammar is arbitrary, language is organic. sometimes the two are the same, not always. grammar is just man-made rules that people have agreed to be the correct ones.

plasma1010
03-13-2017, 09:34 AM
At orc 2 last night in EC camped with someone recharging. A Dawn Believer walked in, killed at 4 orcs, looted and left. Awesome people.

welly321
03-13-2017, 10:05 AM
At orc 2 last night in EC camped with someone recharging. A Dawn Believer walked in, killed at 4 orcs, looted and left. Awesome people.

Some dawn believers are cool. like any guild you get the good with the bad.

Rysky
03-13-2017, 10:05 AM

so what you are saying is you WERE killing 4 things, they respawned you didn't kill, they got killed, now you are mad?

Life617
03-13-2017, 10:12 AM
People tend to think too hard sometimes. Guy steals items and makes a new character, case closed. He broke no rules and you have no proof. This has become a conspiracy theory and you people are beginning to sound looney.

plasma1010
03-13-2017, 10:14 AM
so what you are saying is you WERE killing 4 things, they respawned you didn't kill, they got killed, now you are mad?

Well Id say its pretty respectful to not run into a camp and kill everything. But I guess you can be a great guy and run into everyones camp and kill everything the moment they spawn. Funny how everyone else asks if theres room in the group when they want to join the camp.

Lhancelot
03-13-2017, 10:35 AM
Some dawn believers are cool. like any guild you get the good with the bad.

Some of them are cool and some are total asses. You get a bigger mixture of types in this guild because they zerg invite anyone and everyone.

welly321
03-14-2017, 11:09 AM
Well caught Allio selling a Ceremonial Iksar Chestplace in EC today. Sure it could be a coincidence but with all the other evidence Im fairly certain Shamsade is Allios alt.

bum3
03-14-2017, 11:58 AM
Well caught Allio selling a Ceremonial Iksar Chestplace in EC today. Sure it could be a coincidence but with all the other evidence Im fairly certain Shamsade is Allios alt.

All of the undeniable screenshots and logs provided here have clearly shown the truth.

Draulius
03-14-2017, 12:28 PM
I came across Allio as he was recruiting for his guild a while back. I accepted his offer to join and he said that he'd give me an item to help me start out since I'm new. He told me to wait and then he logged off. A short while later Shamshade appeared and gave me a Ceremonial Dagger, and then he logged back onto Allio afterwards.

They are undoubtedly the same person.

mcoy
03-14-2017, 12:33 PM
Is there where I sign up for the AON / COF raffle?

tiadashi
03-14-2017, 02:22 PM

At this point your just an idiot, im sorry but you keep mouthing off about Allio with ZERO proof - I have asked for screen shots a couple times by now for any of this "proof" you say exists so where is it?

Doctor Jeff
03-14-2017, 02:25 PM
At this point your just an idiot, im sorry but you keep mouthing off about Allio with ZERO proof - I have asked for screen shots a couple times by now for any of this "proof" you say exists so where is it?

This is not a court of law, where is your proof that Allio is not Shamsade? 80% of the people in this thread claim he is.

bum3
03-14-2017, 02:48 PM
This is not a court of law, where is your proof that Allio is not Shamsade? 80% of the people in this thread claim he is.

Oh so the truth comes out. This is a witch hunt.

Doctor Jeff
03-14-2017, 02:52 PM
Oh so the truth comes out. This is a witch hunt.

I think that has been evident from page one.

tiadashi
03-14-2017, 03:40 PM

I dont care if this isnt a court of law it is a topic which requires some proof if you're going to slander someone right?

And where is this 80% your talking about because it isnt in this thread

Doctor Jeff
03-14-2017, 04:15 PM
I dont care if this isnt a court of law it is a topic which requires some proof if you're going to slander someone right?

And where is this 80% your talking about because it isnt in this thread

I polled the people in this thread. 80% flat.

tiadashi
03-14-2017, 04:55 PM
I polled the people in this thread. 80% flat.

And wheres the poll

Rainik Stormseeker
03-14-2017, 06:22 PM
is Shamwipe the same as Shamshade? I only ask because I've grouped with the former a few times in KC, no issues with him.

fastboy21
03-14-2017, 07:35 PM
is Shamwipe the same as Shamshade? I only ask because I've grouped with the former a few times in KC, no issues with him.

They are all the same...they all came here illegally and they all need to go back!

Lagaidh
03-15-2017, 11:16 AM
Quality trolling here.

Reminds me of better FARK days.

Good work folks.