PDA

View Full Version : WTS Beware of Scammer!: Shamsade

Xaeophi
03-02-2017, 08:04 AM
Just wanted to warn those who play this game and may be too trusting to people they know or don't know.
Recently Sprawlz ( that reseller guy in ec ) got scammed for an iksar bp. You can find the forum thread in the main server threads i think?

Shamsade of <Dawn Believers> tried to pull the same trick on me as he did sprawlz.
He asked to buy my JBB, he left his exp group to come meet me in EC.. Asked to "try on the JBB" before he bought it and that he had the money on that character.
So as i witnessed him run around at normal sow speed around ec in his gear value ranging up to 300-500pp, I figured hm.. this guy obviously doesn't have the plat. He popped /anon on. I got suspicious on how he was acting and did a /petition.
Now i can not verify if the person who sent me a tell while i was afk was a GM or not but i did receive a tell stating. "Dont give him the JBB. I cannot verify that he doesn't have the pp on a different account. However, i can assure you that it isn't coming from the one he is logged into. "

After that i looked on forums to see if this guy's name has been thrown up anywhere and surely enough he scammed sprawlz of all people.

Now -> This post isn't to soil anyone's name. It's just a fair warning that there are people out there who i guess don't feel bad about scamming people on this.. 15-17 year old game lol.

Anyways, be careful on who you trust and hopefully Shamsade <Dawn Believers> hasn't scammed anyone else. Sorry that you had to be the one cheated, Sprawlz!.

Doctor Jeff
03-02-2017, 08:49 AM
This is an incorrect use of the trade forum and I have reported your post.

Ael
03-02-2017, 09:35 AM
I hate that this is my first post on the forums, but i am posting just to back up this persons story. I met shamsade when he was level 12 just a week ago. I showed him where the ec tunnel was and gave him some tips as he had just started p1999 and i like to welcome noobs and help them out, being a tad more than a noob myself.

So i friended him, hopeful that i may have found a shammie partner for my monk. And he seemed really nice. In a week his character has reached level 31 (maybe 32 now?) which granted is extremely fast. My main is 33 and ive been playing her many hours a day for two months.. granted i waste a lot of time exploring and doing stupid quests and whatnot. So whatever, to each his own. Some ppl like to level really fast i figure.

So he asked me to do a transfer for him between two of his alts, a level 1 and a level 5, which i was happy to do for him. i can confirm he has a ceremonial iksar chestplate on one of his alts as i did the trade for him. He also has many other popular items for mid level players worth maybe an additional 2k plat? It actually is probably more than that, but givrn my lack of ec skillz im being conservative. Lets just say his alts are way better geared than my main. I was a bit surprised he had such a high end items for someone who has been playing for such a short time (maybe 2-3 weeks max?) Based on where he was at when i met him. But i suppose its possible he has some very rich friends.

in the midst of the transfer someone oocd a warning that he had scammed sprawlz and attempted to scam another person. I mentioned this to him and he replied 'oh that guys just mad cuz he trained us in mistmoore and i got into it with him' and kind of shrugged it off. Personally, if somone was falsely slandering my name in ooc, i would be freaking the hell out. In addition, 'that guy' in question was level 8 and in EC.

Those are the facts i can offer in this situation. Im not very ec savvy and dont know what the protocol is for dealing with this kind of thing, but i just wanted to share my experience. Draw whatever conclusions you may from it. i guess the lesson is,dont let ppl try on items and be wary of doing transfers with ppl u dont know extremely well. Apparently its safer to drop stuff on the ground and pray.

On a lighter note, i love this server and Im having a blast playing EQ again. I dont post often, (because im still relearning how to play and dont have much to offer) and am just starting to peruse the various threads. Im usually playing so i have a hard time finding time to forum quest. But im very happy to be here nonetheless and hope this information is helpful. I dont know how the GMs handle this kind of thing but i do have screenshots so if anyone wants to contact me, i can provide them. Im eternally grateful for the admins and GMs who run this game and will do what i can to help. The EQ community has for the most part been wonderful and i would like to do what i can to contribute to the positivity. Unfortunately dealing with this kinda stuff is part of doing that it seems. :P

oracle333
03-02-2017, 10:05 AM
Hey all, this is Allio, leader of the Dawn Believers.

I've removed Shamsade from my guild as it clearly is not what we stand for. And I hope he's banned for life. P99 has NO room for thieves. Absolutely none.

I truly hope all stolen items can be returned to their original owners. I'm sorry in general that this happened and I'm sorry it was one of our members.

As I said - he's gone and there won't be any second chances. Thievery is flat out unacceptable. EQ is a place where you EARN what you get.

Doctor Jeff
03-02-2017, 10:10 AM
Hey all, this is Allio, leader of the Dawn Believers.

I've removed Shamsade from my guild as it clearly is not what we stand for. And I hope he's banned for life. P99 has NO room for thieves. Absolutely none.

I truly hope all stolen items can be returned to their original owners. I'm sorry in general that this happened and I'm sorry it was one of our members.

As I said - he's gone and there won't be any second chances. Thievery is flat out unacceptable. EQ is a place where you EARN what you get.

What do you have to say about the allegations that Shamsade is your alt?

Ella`Ella
03-02-2017, 11:27 AM
EQ is a place where you EARN what you get.

Bless you. Unfortunately, there are many guilds here that don't believe that and prefer the welfare approach.

welly321
03-02-2017, 02:21 PM

You win the internet

spanky_kc
03-02-2017, 02:56 PM
if he scammed Spawlz u should of promoted him to an Officer.

Sprawlz
03-02-2017, 02:59 PM
lol chortled ^

Dman2701
03-02-2017, 04:37 PM
Was just in EC and this dude just tried to scam me, thanks Xaeophi for making this forum post.

mlefurge
03-02-2017, 04:49 PM
hah - he just tried to do it to me on a 15k item. he says, "cool! i would like to first see what it looks like plz, i am big on looks/graphics lol"

when i offer to make the trade but trade back if he doesn't like the look, he stops responding.

Xaeophi
03-02-2017, 08:42 PM
Happy to help guys. Just made the post to warn our community. No one deserves to get scammed out of items/plat they farmed. Just trying to help keep our community great! :)

BitS
03-02-2017, 10:40 PM
This is an incorrect use of the trade forum and I have reported your post.

until you have people like this that want to cut your throat for warning the community. sure its not a trade post but where else would traders see it?

Panicsferd
03-03-2017, 10:49 PM
I left this guild after hearing that he scammed fellow guildies and even a lot more people in EC tunnels and now with rumors of him shamsade being the guild leader I can no longer associate my self with guild.

Like most people I was randomly invited into this guild which to me had no vetting what so ever, so they need some "extreme vetting" so things like this don't happen in the future.

I guess you always get scammed before the dawn, at least in the case of the guild Dawn Believers... so I left and will now look elsewhere for a better guild as I am getting close to reaching level 46 which is the level for starting raids, so goodbye and I hope no one else gets scammed.

Kjellan
03-04-2017, 12:55 AM
Just chiming in to say that about a dozen people have told me in-game that Shamsade is indeed an alt of the Dawn Believers GL. Take that for whatever it's worth.

sezaru
03-04-2017, 01:53 AM
GRATS SHAMSADE!!!

debuilder
03-04-2017, 08:33 AM

I left this guild after hearing that he scammed fellow guildies and even a lot more people in EC tunnels and now with rumors of him shamsade being the guild leader I can no longer associate my self with guild.

Just chiming in to say that about a dozen people have told me in-game that Shamsade is indeed an alt of the Dawn Believers GL. Take that for whatever it's worth.

wow

Kaera
03-04-2017, 08:56 AM
At this age, still have people falling for such crap scam?
please ban the thief and restore people their scammed items

oracle333
03-04-2017, 09:11 AM

Like most people I was randomly invited into this guild which to me had no vetting what so ever, so they need some "extreme vetting" so things like this don't happen in the future.

I guess you always get scammed before the dawn, at least in the case of the guild Dawn Believers... so I left and will now look elsewhere for a better guild as I am getting close to reaching level 46 which is the level for starting raids, so goodbye and I hope no one else gets scammed.

Khorulak,

If you left without even talking to me that shows more about your character than anything else. I have a 56 druid main (Allio). You're well aware that I have one of every class on p99. All fully twinked. I've made close to 1 million plat TOTAL over 2 and a half years. And all of it came from farming seafuries and jboot MQs. Why would I need to scam anyone of anything?

I'd also absolutely love to know where this rumor that I'm Shamsade came from. Other than what was clearly a joke by one of these people here.

You saw the quality of people in the guild, man. Everyone is good people. You get tons of humans together and one of them is bound to be like shamsade. But overall the overwhelming majority of people on p99 in general are mature adults. The overall quality of the sever as a whole is fantastic. We have a great guild, a great server, and I'm almost 100% sure shamsade is already banned because the GMs don't mess around with this kind of thing.

You're free to leave my guild off of a wildly irresponsible and totally unsubstantiated claim by one person who was clearly joking - but that really and truly says more about you than us.

In the future make sure you talk to people you accuse of heavy things like this.

Doctor Jeff
03-04-2017, 09:18 AM
No one here is joking, Allio.

We all know that Shamsade is your alt because of the countless times you've said, "I'll come buff you guys on my druid" and then show up on Allio.

oracle333
03-04-2017, 09:19 AM

Khorulak,

If you left without even talking to me that shows more about your character than anything else. I have a 56 druid main (Allio). You're well aware that I have one of every class on p99. All fully twinked. I've made close to 1 million plat TOTAL over 2 and a half years. And all of it came from farming seafuries and jboot MQs. Why would I need to scam anyone of anything?

I'd also absolutely love to know where this rumor that I'm Shamsade came from. Other than what was clearly a joke by one of these people here.

You saw the quality of people in the guild, man. Everyone is good people. You get tons of humans together and one of them is bound to be like shamsade. But overall the overwhelming majority of people on p99 in general are mature adults. The overall quality of the sever as a whole is fantastic. We have a great guild, a great server, and I'm almost 100% sure shamsade is already banned because the GMs don't mess around with this kind of thing.

You're free to leave my guild off of a wildly irresponsible and totally unsubstantiated claim by one person who was clearly joking - but that really and truly says more about you than us.

In the future make sure you talk to people you accuse of heavy things like this.

^^^ Wrote that to Khorulak. It applies to anyone who thinks a 56 druid has a need to scam anyone out of a few thousand worth of plat.

As I said: I have one of every class and here are the names of all of them -

Allio, Venon, Kiffin, Boglurk, Royle, Goonga (my real shaman, not shamsade), Riovanni, Vinico, Efreetti, Sunstar, Mastrus, Raiyu, Saintana, and Mcduff.

For the record I have a 34 troll shaman. I own a fungi AND an ikky bp.

It's grossly irresponsible to accuse someone of something without a single shred of evidence. I've been on p99 for 2 and a half years now. It's pretty shitty to have to defend myself of an accusation this gross. I take pride in being a good dude.

What I'd like to know from you is who are these "dozen people" who said this? How would they know something like that? Or are you just a troll? Asking genuinely and without sarcasm.

This isn't something to joke about. Reputation is everything on p99 and really on any eq server. We're all trying to have a good time. And as I said - someone who's got one of every class fully twinked, with a 56 druid and 56 necro, has zero need to scam anyone out of a few items.

Doctor Jeff
03-04-2017, 09:20 AM
Reputation is everything in eq.

We call it faction in this game

Why did you copy paste the same comment in the same thread in the same 10 minutes? If it's not true, why are you being so incredibly defensive and accusatory?

Xaeophi
03-04-2017, 10:21 AM
easy guys.. this isnt a rnf thread :D just trying to warn our community to be more careful

Munkh
03-04-2017, 11:25 AM
I think for me the bottom line isn't so much about Sham(whatever). It's the lesson learned to never give someone an item unless they give you the money or an equal valued item in trade if they are wanting to "fashion" it. To me it's just common sense, but it may be a lesson that needs to be learned by some.

swilleville
03-04-2017, 11:33 AM
Can confirm that Allio isn't Shamsade... talked to both of them and their level of intelligence is too far apart for it to the be the same person. No one is that good of an actor.

welly321
03-04-2017, 11:44 AM
I can confirm Allio IS Shamsade. I grouped with shamsade at Mistmoore pond about a week ago. I am a ikky SK with a fungi and I was talking about how having a regrowth would be so awesome with my already high regen. Shamsade quickly responded that he would log on a druid to buff me. He logged out, came back as Allio, buffed me up and back to Shamsade he was. He did these buffs 3 or 4 times. If Shamsade is not Allio's alt then Allio definitely had access to Shamsade's account or vice versa.