PDA

View Full Version : Cleric Epic Wait List?

mcoy
03-04-2017, 03:03 AM
Hail, travelers. I am Mcoy. Perhaps you've seen me around over the past few years. I am a casual cleric who has bumbled their way to 60 mostly due to the fact that I can rez myself so my drunken shenanigans have no consequences.

I've managed to get to the point where I'm ready to spawn Ixi. I have Cina to thank for this as her epic pet absolutely destroyed the plasmatic priest I waited over a year to spawn. However, I have no idea what the scene around this particular mob is currently like. I would like to request an available time slot in which I may complete my turn-in and hopefully successfully engage this target. I have no force ready; nor have I sought any advice on this matter. But hey- everyone wants a CoF amiright?

I welcome anyone's advice on this subject.

I am in no hurry. Pixels are shiny but I am perfectly happy to wait until all the socks are full of poop. All I'm asking is for a timeframe, or to be told I'm an idiot and should be camping in BW, or amassing plat to purchase a MQ or w/e.

Please note that this is not holding me up. I wiped in Chardok due to being newb, and I have yet to attempt that again.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

-Mcoy (Rodcet Nife)

Dronuspk
03-06-2017, 06:46 AM
Best of luck on this endeavor. More than likely they'll force you to pay virtual money by the minute just for looking in the same direction as an epic mob. TBH.

Whirled
03-06-2017, 07:30 AM
I'd log in to help with this. Of course, providing I'm home to do so. As far as getting a "chance" to complete a part of your epic, I'm not sure of the level of sockedness that is at this juncture. If I had to guess, I'd befriend some top guilds that do such activities to gain a knowledge of when they insta-gank said piece of epic holder. Hope you get to complete your epic without being forced into a "pay to play" type scenario.

Lowako
03-06-2017, 07:38 AM
Ixiblat isn't really a bottleneck mob. The quest NPC to spawn him is up super frequently. You should be able to walk over to BW and dunk him whenever you want. There's a small chance that you'll run into someone else (like anything in EverQuest) but if someone else is already there the respawn time is roughly an hour (mob pops at a certain in game time, I think 72 minutes is how long an in game day lasts) so it should only be a relatively minor inconvenience.

I can help you kill this on my rogue if you PM me beforehand as I don't really log into the game anymore. In an absolute worst case scenario I have the sceptre from ixiblat on my necro and I can MQ it to you for free. You shouldn't have any trouble spawning/killing ixiblat on your own though.

EDIT: I just noticed you have no force ready to kill ixi. Thankfully hes not too huge of a threat. I'd find a warrior with defensive(a well geared monk also works), a shaman, and a few DPS. A druid can also be nice for extra safety to snare Ixiblat and any potential charmed pets. Ideally you'd kite ixiblat until hes slowed, have the shaman zone out their aggro, then have the warrior pick it up and kill it. DS potions are effective on this mob. If you lack an enchanter, you can have one person melee ixiblat with tash sticks to get him tashed. He regens enough that he won't summon. Necromancers, Enchanters, and people with puppet strings can charm Slixin Klex for a lot of extra DPS. You should be totally fine with just Sinister Slix for DPS, assuming the tank uses DS potions. If no charmed pet, 1-2 buffed rogues worth of DPS should suffice.

sdp00888
03-06-2017, 08:59 AM
I have a 58 rogue who can help. PM me day and time your going to spawn him and I'll try to be on

Tetsuo
03-06-2017, 10:07 AM
You have rezzed/buffed multiple of my characters multiple times around norrath so ill lend a helping hand with this jus PM me day/time

AmukTZ
03-06-2017, 11:49 AM
Mcoy is the man! Nicest cleric on the server~

Shizz would help but afraid we too low to have much of an impact..

------------
Byrrd

Sorn
03-06-2017, 12:01 PM
Can lend a hand on my 60 druid if I am on and notice what's going on in time!

kotton05
03-06-2017, 12:03 PM
If you do ixi can send me a tell in game I'll help. If you can manage a pre slow can be done with half a group.

ocelli
03-06-2017, 12:13 PM
hit up doritos if you need a shaman bud, ixi is a pushover slowed :)

mcoy
03-09-2017, 01:40 AM
I did not realize this had actually posted. I don't comment in public forums (see creation date) because I work in IT and well yeah this stuff is forever.

I commented in-game on how I figured I'd never progress on this beyond what I was able to solo / duo (again thanks Cina) and was advised to just post here and see what happened. Saw a message about requiring "approval to post" so I assumed it would be lost in the ether.

I must say - I am thankful for the responses. Please don't feel that you owe me anything if you've been subject to my care. I play this *game* because I enjoy it. I come home from work, grab a case of beer and cleric a while. After a few years I ended up at 60. I joined BDA because I was tired of the constant recruitment messages (seriously fellas - there's non newb clerics out there you want; not me) and I thought being guilded would help. (Protip - it doesn't.)

I see now that this is a "contested" mob. You know what? 600 mana is 3 minutes medding. I'm happy doing that - lets me run to fridge for another beer.

Please feel free to hit me up for a rez/aego. I'm on almost every day in the evening EST/EDT. The alt I'm currently levelling is Minladar (45 druid). Yes I port for free too.

A "required" donation is not a donation, it's a price. I will continue to spread this message as long as I'm able.

Thank you for playing on P99 and making me feel home again.

-Mcoy (Cleric of Rodcet Nife)

mcoy
03-09-2017, 02:07 AM
I would also like to thank the forum community. It's been several days and this thread isn't in RnF...

That means a lot.

-Mcoy (Rodcet Nife)