PDA

View Full Version : Enc Pets

DevGrousis
02-03-2011, 04:34 PM
Few quick questions about Enchater animations

1) Can you augment their dmg output by giving them certain weapons?

2) I cant seem to get my pets attacks to come up on my chat. what is it under the filters? there isnt a "pet hits" and "pet misses" option (why the ef not seriously sony)

DevGrousis
02-03-2011, 05:06 PM
One more thing:

3) What is the max level a pet can be? for instance a spell lvl 8 animation's max level?

quellren
02-03-2011, 05:08 PM
http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Pet_Guide

DevGrousis
02-03-2011, 05:36 PM
thnx good link, didnt give me answers to 1 or 2 though. anyone else?

Extunarian
02-03-2011, 05:44 PM
I can tell you that I've never been able to increase my pet's max hit with fine steel weapons or STR buffs both with my chanter and shaman.

you can direct your pet output to a window by right clicking the window and going to Filters-->Melee(?)--->Pet Messages and enabling them.

Kender
02-03-2011, 05:50 PM

2) I cant seem to get my pets attacks to come up on my chat. what is it under the filters? there isnt a "pet hits" and "pet misses" option (why the ef not seriously sony)

1) afaik on this server, pet damage is fixed. you can give proc weapons which will function for the proc though (lariats for stun for example). you could boost dmg by giving them an ice crystal staff or something like that (unless they can dual wield in which case giving them a 2h wepaon might be bad)

2) you might be out of range. try standing a little closer to the fight. you should at least see a few hits when you are getting your pet engaged, but you could then run out of range of the hit messaging. I'm not sure how far away this is but i noticed it happens when i was playing a mage

Scrooge
02-03-2011, 05:55 PM

1) The Animations' damage output is capped, giving it weapons won't do anything for the damage cap, maybe proc weapons. I never tried it here. I haven't used animation pets for a very long time. If you want to test this, use a dagger of dropping from Paw or a whip off a tentacle terror in Najena, both are common drops.

2) There is also an option for this in the in-game options menu.

DevGrousis
02-03-2011, 07:10 PM
what about giving my enchater pet two 1h weapons? when i do this it replaces the sheild and sword with the weapons i gave it. does that force it to dual wield?

DevGrousis
02-03-2011, 07:56 PM
Well i've just done a little test.

give my enc pet a 1hb and a 1hs, and watched to see whether or not he bashes (1hb in secondary) and he did not. So no, enchanter pets can not dual wield even though they may have a weapon in each hand.

(pissed off i just wasted a cracked staff :( )

quellren
02-03-2011, 08:00 PM
If enc pets follow the same rules as necro and mage pets, they can hold an offhand, (but wont actually dualwield) at I think 16(?), and can DW only if given weapons at 24.

After alot of grouping with my enc friend, his animation will never innately Dual Wield, but will drop the shield if given a 1h weapon and then can Dual Wield. (as opposed to nec/mag/shm pets that must be given 2)

DevGrousis
02-03-2011, 08:47 PM
I dont remember the classic days well, but i think that at a certain level the enchanter pets start to come out with double swords instead of the shield and sword.

quellren
02-03-2011, 09:57 PM
A quick search of ZAM leads me to believe that the lvl 55 pet Zumaik's Animation does.
In the description it states:

Animates a pair of swords to attack your ememies. Consumes a tiny dagger when cast.

The lvl 49 pet, Kintaz's Animation specifically says:
Animates a weapon and shield to attack your enemies. Consumes a tiny dagger when cast.

DevGrousis
02-03-2011, 10:25 PM
well researched. case closed :D

Messianic
02-03-2011, 10:45 PM
Giving pets gnoll hide lariats is funny. stunstunstun

DevGrousis
02-03-2011, 11:18 PM
i'll have to do this when my little dude can dual wield. what drops the GHL's?

Zigfreed
02-03-2011, 11:27 PM
Uhh gnolls.. :P Wish I'd read a thread like this a while ago.. I'm lvl 30 and just now realized that if I give my ench pet a weapon it dual wields and double attacks to boot. Dps up by 30% or so. Doh!

Nedala
02-03-2011, 11:49 PM
Yes give your pet 1 weapon and it dual wields, does a lot more dps. I think it will still bash even if it dual wields. Cant give him 2 weapons tho, if you give him one it will replace the shield, but main weap stays always the same. Gnoll lariats are fun :)

DevGrousis
02-04-2011, 04:17 AM
when you give it two weapons it will use the two weapons you;ve handed it (at my level it doesnt seem to hit with the secondary) and instead of bashing it kicks.

so your saying if i get it just one weapon, even though it just replaces the sword in its left hand, and keeps the shield in its right hand, it will be dual wielding?

Messianic
02-04-2011, 08:46 AM
i'll have to do this when my little dude can dual wield. what drops the GHL's?

Any of the gnolls in SK or Paw can drop the Lariats. Probably level 26/27+ mobs

Extunarian
02-04-2011, 11:24 AM
when you give it two weapons it will use the two weapons you;ve handed it (at my level it doesnt seem to hit with the secondary) and instead of bashing it kicks.

so your saying if i get it just one weapon, even though it just replaces the sword in its left hand, and keeps the shield in its right hand, it will be dual wielding?

Fact is at your level you could hand it a dozen swords and nothing would change. They will not dual wield until 24. At that point you just need to hand it one weapon.

Omnimorph
02-04-2011, 11:57 AM
iirc on live, you would have to give your pet 2 weapons to make it dual wield i think. First weapon would replace whatever weapon was in primary, then second weapon would go to offhand if they could dual wield. Currently any weapon you give them is going to offhand.

DevGrousis
02-04-2011, 01:34 PM
i sweeaar when give my lvl8 pet a weapon it just replaces his main hand then giving him a second will replace his shield.

DevGrousis
02-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Fact is at your level you could hand it a dozen swords and nothing would change. They will not dual wield until 24. At that point you just need to hand it one weapon.

kk great :)