PDA

View Full Version : What cities can't Dark Elves go ?

plasma1010
03-06-2017, 05:11 PM
I totally forgot because its been a long time, will I be killed if I enter any city but Neriak ? I wanna get bound near EC but dont want to enter Freeport if Ill be killed

joppykid
03-06-2017, 05:13 PM
I believe class may have some to do with it too. SK's and Necros I believe are hated more than a Magician or Warrior I think. As for cities, should be Neriak, Oggok, Grobb and OT? Cabilis hates everyone except themselves. Probably others, I don't play evil races often.

Sadiki
03-06-2017, 05:14 PM
Regarding Freeport, they act like good guys on the surface, but they are secretly evil down below. You can zone into FP and get bound without dying if you don't go near the guards, but there's also hidden tunnels that lead to the 'evil' underground of Freeport where you can roam freely and there are trainers. You shouldn't have much of a problem just zoning in and getting bound off to the side, though.

I think you can enter the troll and ogre cities, but don't quote me on that. Also, I don't know why you'd ever need to visit them anyways.

NegaStoat
03-06-2017, 07:28 PM
A dark elf can handle freeport pretty easily. I'll toss out some details.

A dark elf that is agnostic and a non evil class can stroll around most of North Freeport and all of the rest of the other city zones.
A dark elf that worships Innoruuk OR is an evil class cannot safely enter North Freeport as the guards will be Kill On Sight with you.
A dark elf that both worships Innoruuk AND is an evil class has the same problem.

The Janam and Rebby note passing quests described in the P1999 wiki can help fix things. A dark elf that is either an Innoruuk worshiper OR an evil class (or better - being neither of those) can do those quests easily about 8-12 times depending, and then be able to buy and sell from most freeport merchants as well as use the banker. North Freeport guards who were KoS to you will still be KoS though.

A dark elf that is both an evil class and an Innoruuk worshiper can fix things with 18 sets of Janam and Rebby note passing, allowing you to use the merchants and the bankers, with North Freeport guards still being a problem. The issue here is that such a character will be KoS to the fishing barbarian near the docks where you could easily access the Janam and Rebby quest givers. This means a lower level character must avoid him by using the West / East freeport tunnel routes to access the quest giving NPC's for the first 2 hand-ins.