PDA

View Full Version : Farming plat

Orionsaight
03-06-2017, 10:17 PM
I already tried to post this but it didnt seem to work. Sorry if this is a re-post

I have two questions.

Question 1) If you are higher level but you want to farm plat, can you farm low level camps? Like if I was level 40 could I camp sisters in lfay?

Question 2) If the first answer is no; then can I keep making a bunch of level 12's to camp sisters?

kelsoider
03-07-2017, 07:30 PM
Technically you could; but that would be a dick move if someone is trying to exp there. Especially since that camp is perfect for brand new players trying to earn a little plat and exp.
A much better place to do that is a mid level dungeon like sol A. Those gobos drop way better loot and there are plenty of them in the zone to support people plat farming and exping.
What class are you? Best option for casual plat farming is by far seafuries in OOT. Going to need to be around level 50 though depending on class.

Muggens
03-07-2017, 08:12 PM
Yes you can but you wont win any popularity contest doing it

loramin
03-07-2017, 08:36 PM
Question 1) If you are higher level but you want to farm plat, can you farm low level camps?

Absolutely, and this is very common on Project 1999. If you go to Droga the odds are high that the good item camps are all taken by people who can't even get any XP there. If you go to Seafury island you're going to see 60's killing even though they can't get XP there (for multiple reasons). Etc.

Like if I was level 40 could I camp sisters in lfay?

Absolutely, although that's a terrible example: when you're higher level there are much better ways to earn money. But if the sisters dropped gems like the Seafuries I can guarantee that low-level characters would rarely get a shot at the camp.

Question 2) If the first answer is no; then can I keep making a bunch of level 12's to camp sisters?

Well the answer was "yes", so this question is invalid, but just to elaborate the only time in the game where you would want to maintain low-level characters is if you plan to go after Vox or Nagafen. For everything else in the game (that I can think of at least), more levels = better.

Yes you can but you wont win any popularity contest doing it

If you're doing the sisters camp at level 60 then yeah, you'll generate some hate, but just because you're taking a low-level XP spot for no reason. For any legitimate plat camp though your level really doesn't matter: at Seafury island, Rathe hill giants, named goblins in Droga, Xalgox in Kaesora, Haden in Qeynos Hills, or at pretty much at any camp on the http://wiki.project1999.com/Treasure%20Hunting%20Guide I would be very surprised if someone was offended because you did it at a higher level than you're "supposed to."

tiadashi
03-07-2017, 09:09 PM
I already tried to post this but it didnt seem to work. Sorry if this is a re-post

I have two questions.

Question 1) If you are higher level but you want to farm plat, can you farm low level camps? Like if I was level 40 could I camp sisters in lfay?

The only place you cant do that as a higher lvl is in the warrens and stonebrunt (trival lewt code or whatever its called) there may be others but those are the ones I know of - although you still get faction

Orionsaight
03-07-2017, 09:15 PM
I'm sorry. I should have said that I would be kind about it and let noobs have first priority.

loramin
03-07-2017, 09:16 PM
The only place you cant do that as a higher lvl is in the warrens and stonebrunt

Are those in the game already, or did you just mean "someday when these are implemented"? (I've been gone awhile so I'm not sure how far in to Velious we are)

Muggens
03-07-2017, 09:17 PM
they're ingame and have trivial loot code implemented

loramin
03-07-2017, 09:24 PM
Nice, time for a nostalgic road trip ...

joppykid
03-08-2017, 09:17 AM
Nice, time for a nostalgic road trip ...

Definitely in, I forgot about it and killed the Mighty Bear Paw and he had no loot lol. Displays the emote about being trivial etc. Does anyone know the threshold? Do you just have to be able to get exp off of the mob?

mattitude
03-08-2017, 01:28 PM
Are they planning on adding the Jaggedpine Forest? I tried searching, didn't get a concrete answer.

Caiu
03-08-2017, 01:50 PM
Luclin era zone so no definitive plans. Would lean towards no but who knows anymore.

tiadashi
03-08-2017, 03:59 PM
Definitely in, I forgot about it and killed the Mighty Bear Paw and he had no loot lol. Displays the emote about being trivial etc. Does anyone know the threshold? Do you just have to be able to get exp off of the mob?

yes they need to be in xp range

Whirled
03-08-2017, 04:17 PM

I have two questions.

Technically you could; but that would be a dick move if someone is trying to exp there. Especially since that camp is perfect for brand new players trying to earn a little plat and exp.
A much better place to do that is a mid level dungeon like sol A. Those gobos drop way better loot and there are plenty of them in the zone to support people plat farming and exping.
What class are you? Best option for casual plat farming is by far seafuries in OOT. Going to need to be around level 50 though depending on class.

I have see red con /anons farming orc belts in Crushbone.
If it's a cash camp or a trade skill spot; prepare to be ready for all sorts of D~baggery. If you meet a nice player; sometimes they'll give up the camp and even pay you for the trade drops you may find. If it's a pixel hoarder or greed merchant, then it's probably FCFS/FTE or even gtfooh.

loramin
03-08-2017, 05:13 PM
If it's a cash camp or a trade skill spot; prepare to be ready for all sorts of D~baggery.

To be fair, just because someone wants to camp stuff for their alt it doesn't make them a douchebag pixel hoarder (and I say this having never camped CB belts or any similar low-level XP item for any of my alts). Either way those orcs are going to be killed, and their belts are going to be used by a single human being. Just because one human won't give up their camp to another human simply because the other human's character is lower level doesn't make the first human a douche, at least in my book.

bum3
03-08-2017, 05:34 PM
Are the rules not followed as per the rules posted for p99? I mean I have seen several times lvl 55+ pulling entire zone and killing it resulting in my groups not getting any or much exp because they are camping mage focus items. Does this not follow under zone disruption? On live it was a single named mob could be camped by higher lvls but exp prevention wasn't allowed and multiple camping nameds wasn't allowed either unless no competition was there. IE they could camp frenzy but not kill the surrounding areas to keep from being bored. At least that's how I read zone disruption. I wasn't a GM but I was a guide for a bit upto Velious.

Whirled
03-08-2017, 05:55 PM
If it's a cash camp or a trade skill spot; prepare to be ready for all sorts of D~baggery. If you meet a nice player; sometimes they'll give up the camp and even pay you for the trade drops you may find. If it's a pixel hoarder or greed merchant, then it's probably FCFS/FTE or even gtfooh.

To be fair, just because someone wants to camp stuff for their alt it doesn't make them a douchebag pixel hoarder (and I say this having never camped CB belts or any similar low-level XP item for any of my alts). Either way those orcs are going to be killed, and their belts are going to be used by a single human being. Just because one human won't give up their camp to another human simply because the other human's character is lower level doesn't make the first human a douche, at least in my book.

What I wrote was from personal experience, and what myself and my group witnessed. I'm not making anything up & it is also part what the OP asked. I alerted him that there's the potential of players doing douchey things, such as, a lv60 killing the monsters that you are killing within your level X range. Is it allowable? Yes, as already stated in another post. Is it a douchey thing to do? YES. I'm confused to your stance from this. C'mon man, you were nicer when I helped you with that epic =P

tiadashi
03-08-2017, 06:05 PM
What I wrote was from personal experience, and what myself and my group witnessed. I'm not making anything up & it is also part what the OP asked. I alerted him that there's the potential of players doing douchey things, such as, a lv60 killing the monsters that you are killing within your level X range. Is it allowable? Yes, as already stated in another post. Is it a douchey thing to do? YES. I'm confused to your stance from this. C'mon man, you were nicer when I helped you with that epic =P

I agree if your a high lvl in a low lvl area farming and some low lvls come around looking for XP the high lvl should (im afraid to say only a dbag would refuse) leave and let the people within xp range have it - or move to an area where they wont interfere with the low lvls

I dont think anyone would argue against that right?

loramin
03-08-2017, 07:36 PM
the high lvl should (im afraid to say only a dbag would refuse) leave and let the people within xp range have it - or move to an area where they wont interfere with the low lvls

I dont think anyone would argue against that right?

I will! :) My argument is that when it comes to what's douchebaggy, the thoughts/actions of the real life humans involved matter a lot more than which toon they are pretending to be in an elf sim.

Look, obviously if person A can get XP from a camp, and person B can't, then it would certainly be nice for person B to let person A take the camp. Ideally they would buy whatever item (eg. CB belt) is involved from A, and everyone wins: A gets XP and some extra cash, and B gets their items. That's being a nice considerate person, and we need more nice considerate people in the server. Again, I've never farmed these items, but I'd like to think that's what I would do in this situation.

But there's a whole spectrum in between "nice considerate person" and douchebag. To me being a douchebag is when you try to steal someone else's mob or take someone else's camp. In other words, to me being a douchebag is when you try to take something that isn't your's . I don't see wanting to keep the camp you spent your time to get as that.

We're playing a 15+ year old elf simulator that revolves around virtual treasures that are "earned" through time and effort. At the end of the day who cares if you're simulating a level 60 elf or a level 1 ogre: you're still a person playing a game. If you ignore the toons, there's no escaping that you're talking about one person being shamed for not letting another person take something that they had first.

Now I'm not talking about a level 60 monopolizing all of Crushbone: that would be zone disruption. But if you, the human, want to kill in the throne room, I think you should have to "earn" it (wait for it) the same as any other human: you shouldn't just get to take it because you spent less time playing the game and showed up late.

Because you're lower level it would be nice if that person let you have it anyway. But just as I wouldn't fault someone for not donating money they earned to charity, I wouldn't fault anyone for not giving up the camp they "earned". I fault them when they try to take money they didn't earn from the donation jar, or try to take a camp they didn't earn from someone who did earn it .

Is it a douchey thing to do? YES. I'm confused to your stance from this. C'mon man, you were nicer when I helped you with that epic =P

I'd like to think I'm still nice :) And thanks again for the epic help.

But look, just because when I think about what's fair and what's douchebaggy I come to a different conclusion than you, it just means that we disagree, it doesn't mean either of us are a douchebag or "not nice". Reasonable people with good moral fiber can still disagree about what's "good".

Doctor Jeff
03-08-2017, 07:53 PM
Are the rules not followed as per the rules posted for p99? I mean I have seen several times lvl 55+ pulling entire zone and killing it resulting in my groups not getting any or much exp because they are camping mage focus items. Does this not follow under zone disruption? On live it was a single named mob could be camped by higher lvls but exp prevention wasn't allowed and multiple camping nameds wasn't allowed either unless no competition was there. IE they could camp frenzy but not kill the surrounding areas to keep from being bored. At least that's how I read zone disruption. I wasn't a GM but I was a guide for a bit upto Velious.

It's not zone disruption to be using a zone...

tiadashi
03-08-2017, 08:21 PM
I will! :) My argument is that when it comes to what's douchebaggy, the thoughts/actions of the real life humans involved matter a lot more than which toon they are pretending to be in an elf sim.

Look, obviously if person A can get XP from a camp, and person B can't, then it would certainly be nice for person B to let person A take the camp. Ideally they would buy whatever item (eg. CB belt) is involved from A, and everyone wins: A gets XP and some extra cash, and B gets their items. That's being a nice considerate person, and we need more nice considerate people in the server. Again, I've never farmed these items, but I'd like to think that's what I would do in this situation.

But there's a whole spectrum in between "nice considerate person" and douchebag. To me being a douchebag is when you try to steal someone else's mob or take someone else's camp. In other words, to me being a douchebag is when you try to take something that isn't your's . I don't see wanting to keep the camp you spent your time to get as that.

We're playing a 15+ year old elf simulator that revolves around virtual treasures that are "earned" through time and effort. At the end of the day who cares if you're simulating a level 60 elf or a level 1 ogre: you're still a person playing a game. If you ignore the toons, there's no escaping that you're talking about one person being shamed for not letting another person take something that they had first.

Now I'm not talking about a level 60 monopolizing all of Crushbone: that would be zone disruption. But if you, the human, want to kill in the throne room, I think you should have to "earn" it (wait for it) the same as any other human: you shouldn't just get to take it because you spent less time playing the game and showed up late.

Because you're lower level it would be nice if that person let you have it anyway. But just as I wouldn't fault someone for not donating money they earned to charity, I wouldn't fault anyone for not giving up the camp they "earned". I fault them when they try to take money they didn't earn from the donation jar, or try to take a camp they didn't earn from someone who did earn it .

I'd like to think I'm still nice :) And thanks again for the epic help.

But look, just because when I think about what's fair and what's douchebaggy I come to a different conclusion than you, it just means that we disagree, it doesn't mean either of us are a douchebag or "not nice". Reasonable people with good moral fiber can still disagree about what's "good".

fair enough replace the word dbag with inconsiderate and we agree 8)

loramin
03-08-2017, 08:45 PM
fair enough replace the word dbag with inconsiderate and we agree 8)

Agreed :D

Are the rules not followed as per the rules posted for p99? I mean I have seen several times lvl 55+ pulling entire zone and killing it resulting in my groups not getting any or much exp because they are camping mage focus items. Does this not follow under zone disruption?

It's not zone disruption to be using a zone...

While I'm no rules expert, just to clarify I believe the distinction (here, not on live) between disrupting and using a zone is that "using" means dominating a small area of the zone (eg. alligator alley in Cazic Thule) whereas "disruption" means dominating an entire large area of a zone (every gator in CZ). The smallest "disruption area" I know if is when a bard used to take all of the mobs within a chunk of The Overther, so like if you could start at the statue and run for 20 seconds in any direction without seeing a mob, that was disruption.

On live it was a single named mob could be camped by higher lvls but exp prevention wasn't allowed and multiple camping nameds wasn't allowed either unless no competition was there. IE they could camp frenzy but not kill the surrounding areas to keep from being bored.
Again, I'm no guide myself or anything, but as I understand it that's more or less the same as here. You can camp multiple nameds until the cows come home UNTIL someone wants one, at which point you are forced to pick one named (or it doesn't even have to be a named, one spawn point).

But at the same time, whether it's officially a rule or just out of politeness, no one takes this to the extreme. For instance, if someone was killing in Alligator Alley and someone else came along and wanted to also kill gators, most people would just let the first person keep the camp, or else the two would split it somehow (eg. each one starts at one end). Technically however I think the newcomer could technically demand to take a single spawn point, and force the first person to stick to one spawn point ... I've just never seen/heard of this happening (after all, who wants to camp just one gator spawn?).

tyrant49333
03-09-2017, 11:41 AM
Any higher level who is camping any of the aforementioned mobs is a scrub. 55+ should be camping stuff in Seb, HS, pom or SG. If you're not doing that and farming seafuries at lvl 60 you're a noob

Doctor Jeff
03-09-2017, 11:53 AM

your camp includes all mobs that you can keep clear within a reasonable amount of time from respawn.

loramin
03-09-2017, 02:15 PM
Any higher level who is camping any of the aforementioned mobs is a scrub. 55+ should be camping stuff in Seb, HS, pom or SG. If you're not doing that and farming seafuries at lvl 60 you're a noob

I'm not sure everyone who can solo Seafuries at 60 can solo the Kunark dungeons. Personally (as a level 59 shaman, without Torpor obviously) I'd probably get my ass handed to me if I tried to solo the good Seb camps (even if I had an extra level). Once I get 60 AND torpor then yeah, Seafuries would be a waste of time, but I'm just saying not everyone is a 60 shaman with torpor.

Also, not everyone wants to stress every time they play. Seafuries are low stress (well, the Seafuries are; the people on the other hand ...)

your camp includes all mobs that you can keep clear within a reasonable amount of time from respawn.

Ah, that makes sense. But again, technically if you've got a camp of N mobs (regardless of how many/how many nameds), and you're clearing in a reasonable time, but someone shows up and says "I want one of those mobs", don't you have to let them have at least one?

Practically speaking I can't think of this being much of a real issue, but take the Temple of Droga Chief camp. A high enough level can totally clear the chief and all the mobs below, but if someone else shows up, I didn't think you could be greedy and keep killing every mob. I thought you could keep one mob (eg. the chief), but you'd have to share and let them have (say) the Buryani below.

But even if I have that right, I'm still fuzzy on how (officially) the two are supposed to divide up the rest of the mobs at that point ... since it's never been an issue in the entire time I've played here (whenever I split that camp with someone we both just sort of divide the non-nameds up without having to get technical).

Sebastionleo
03-09-2017, 04:04 PM
You absolutely have no requirement to share the Chief camp with anybody else, as long as you are keeping them all down. If you've been sharing, more power to you, but its not required. That whole area around the ledge is a camp of its own, since the bodyguard can spawn from any one of the mobs there.

Doctor Jeff
03-09-2017, 04:07 PM
If you've got a camp of N mobs (regardless of how many/how many nameds), and you're clearing in a reasonable time, but someone shows up and says "I want one of those mobs", don't you have to let them have at least one?

No.

loramin
03-09-2017, 04:29 PM
You absolutely have no requirement to share the Chief camp with anybody else, as long as you are keeping them all down. If you've been sharing, more power to you, but its not required. That whole area around the ledge is a camp of its own, since the bodyguard can spawn from any one of the mobs there.

Ok, but let's say you're killing running around killing the Soothsayer also. I'm 99% certain that if someone shows up you have to choose between the Soothsayer and the Chief, right?

So if you're killing the Chief/Soothsayer you have to give up one, but if you're killing Chief/Fanatic you don't have to give one up. Clearly this is because Chief/Fanatic are closer together than Chief/Soothsayer, but that begs the question "how far apart do two mobs have to be to obligate you to split them?" I suspect there is no hard rule, and it just varies by camp, but it'd nice if there was a clear standard that I just didn't know about (eg. "Line of sight" or "No farther than the range of the player's farthest spell/longest bow shot.")

I swear I'm not trying to be all "young lawyer", I just want to understand the rules as well as possible (both so I don't break them, and so I can explain them to others).

Doctor Jeff
03-09-2017, 04:32 PM
Ok, but let's say you're killing running around killing the Soothsayer also. I'm 99% certain that if someone shows up you have to choose between the Soothsayer and the Chief, right?

No.

If you're keeping the mobs down, they are yours. Someone can't walk up and see that the chief is dead and no one is around and then get mad when you come back and kill the repop on timer.

yooperdave23
03-09-2017, 04:45 PM
No.

If you're keeping the mobs down, they are yours. Someone can't walk up and see that the chief is dead and no one is around and then get mad when you come back and kill the repop on timer.

You are wrong. Wildly wrong.

Caiu
03-09-2017, 04:47 PM
Naw you are wrong actually and have zero idea of how to hold an EQ camp down. Essentially get good then reroll because even if you are good you will be fucked over for being such an asswipe in forums.

tiadashi
03-09-2017, 05:04 PM
No.

Not true as I understand the ruling you have to "pick" a camp once someone comes in and would like to camp one of the two

For instance im in Upperguk clearing the Ancient croc camp and then running to the Shin lord camp to clear that - Freddythemage comes in and wants to camp one of these, from what I have read im required to choose one at that time

SoekiWiz
03-09-2017, 05:25 PM
Not true as I understand the ruling you have to "pick" a camp once someone comes in and would like to camp one of the two

For instance im in Upperguk clearing the Ancient croc camp and then running to the Shin lord camp to clear that - Freddythemage comes in and wants to camp one of these, from what I have read im required to choose one at that time

Discretionary.

I used to AE Velk's when I was grinding Soeki to 60. I'd kill the entire central column of spiders from the bottom floor up to Frenzy on the offdays it wasn't camped. When Frenzy was camped I'd pull Upper Dogs as well and clear ~60-80% of that.

There was one night another group zoned in, didn't appreciate that I was killing everything, and started tagging shit off my pulls. Which they had every right to do with the "more than 4" rule in place.

When they got themselves mopped up, Braknar popped up and DT'ed my face in citing zone disruption.

Dunno what's written and what the LawyerQuest current lettering is, but generally speaking the GM/Guide staff is not in favor of people being pigs.

If you run into a situation where you're clearing multiple areas that would typically be considered individual camps, a zone is kinda full and you can't come to an agreement amongst yourselves, you're going to end up giving up one of those camps. Either by polite discussion and mutual agreement, or by force if they petition it.

SoekiWiz
03-09-2017, 05:28 PM
No.

That might be how it's written, that's not what happens in practice. If you're in zone abc and popping from named spawn to named spawn on a timer and just killing those, and someone petitions you (assuming they tried to talk to you and were given the answer of no, I'm killing them on the timer, they're mine, go away), you're giving up a camp when that GM shows up.

At least from what I've seen. I could be wrong. Been wrong plenty of times :p

Caiu
03-09-2017, 05:35 PM
Soeki is a sad sack fuck

SoekiWiz
03-09-2017, 05:37 PM
Soeki is a sad sack fuck

Somebody's gone off the deep end. Remember being franz?

Take your meds Caiu :rolleyes:

Caiu
03-09-2017, 05:38 PM
Hello my name is AIkons and im bitch

Caiu
03-09-2017, 05:38 PM
That what you run inro everytime

Caiu
03-09-2017, 05:39 PM
Somebody's gone off the deep end. Remember being franz?

Take your meds Caiu :rolleyes:

You have no idea how little my medes run

skarlorn
03-09-2017, 06:47 PM
Soeki is a sad sack fuck

hey DUDe don't say that sort of thing around here.

that's RNF speak

besides, Soeki is a pretty stable forums poster. frig off lol

Triiz
03-10-2017, 02:16 PM
No.

This doesn't sound true at all to me. Pretty much everyone camping Chief or Soothsayer these days is 60 and would have no trouble holding down both camps, and I've never heard of anyone trying to claim both camps at once if someone else was in the zone.

In general, a player should maintain a presence at or very near the spawn of the camp they are intending to hold, while keeping the placeholders of any relevant spawns dead. It is allowed to 'camp' multiple areas if there are no other players interested in doing so, however if another party is interested in moving into one of your camps, you must chose which one to keep and maintain your presence there.

welly321
03-10-2017, 03:07 PM
No.

L2LAWYERQUEST

Nilstoniakrath
03-10-2017, 03:44 PM

A 60 sitting on Crushbone, that is the textbook definition of douche

Whirled
03-10-2017, 07:16 PM
A 60 sitting on Crushbone, that is the textbook definition of douche
/agree
And we've come full circle.