PDA

View Full Version : I was reminiscing about the olden RZ days and found 1999?!

Crenshinabon
02-04-2011, 01:18 AM
So this looks very awesome and I will prob try it out no matter what. I love what you all are doing here......... 1 question..
I used to play on RZ and loved pvp.
Is there any pvp on this server?
If not are any arenas populated often?
Or is pvp not really desired?

Benebric
02-04-2011, 01:49 AM
Would you have happened to have played a Warlock on Mannoroth in WoW?

Benebric
02-04-2011, 01:51 AM
1) Only GM Sponsored events
2) Can't really say, but probably not
3) Desired by a few, but not many, or those that run the server

Messianic
02-04-2011, 08:42 AM
Would you have happened to have played a Warlock on Mannoroth in WoW?

Who else played on Mannoroth Server? I played Massoretic, an Orc Hunter, during Vanilla...

karsten
02-04-2011, 09:06 AM
I was karsten the tauren druid YEAHHHHHHH RARRRRR I KILLED ONYXIA

knottyb0y
02-04-2011, 10:19 AM
Hey!

I used to play on Tallon Zek for many many years. So here's the deal.

There is no pvp, which is slightly a bummer but the community is small and tight knit enough thatpve is pretty thrilling. In fact I find myself so happy to just play oldschool eq that I don't miss pvp all that much. I'm sure if you liked the old school you will enjoy p1999, where you can goto crushbone and see it full of people, or rock out in the Oasis and wonder why you are so broke by level 20 (gators are pretty poor). Guk is my personal haven these days and killing frogs has been far from tiring. I have had an absolutely wonderful time playing on p1999, I hope you do too!

Knuckle
02-04-2011, 10:20 AM
So this looks very awesome and I will prob try it out no matter what. I love what you all are doing here......... 1 question..

There are rumors of a p99 PVP server in the future after kunark release. If you are looking for pvp on this server the closest thing youll find is listening to some pussy bitch on the boards crying about his mobs being ks'd or his camp stolen by another player.

Benebric
02-04-2011, 11:01 AM
I was, well, Benebric :P and Undead Rogue, played from launch on - took a break during BC launch and stopped well before Lich/Cataclsym.

Massive Marc
02-04-2011, 11:36 AM
No alliance love ?

Akame
02-04-2011, 11:57 AM
I still play alliance. <3

Scroll
02-04-2011, 12:24 PM
TZ was what kept me attached to EQ for so long. I miss it.

You'll find P99 is a great place to be, regardless of the lack of PvP.

Itchybottom
02-04-2011, 02:56 PM

It's a bluebie server. The PVP you see in the arena, is nothing like Rallos. Long time no see, Cren!

Crenshinabon
02-04-2011, 03:26 PM
Hey Itchy, lol! So crazy that I might run into more old school EQers here.
I played wow for a long time on Lightnings Blade server.

Yea nothing was more fun with pvp than instead of complaining that someone stole your mob you could just teach them a lesson =P

I do not have time for raiding anymore which saddens me, but I might try and play on 1999 anyways just for the thrill of old school. I tried the official EQ server,tutorial and all, man it has changed so much. All the thrill was pretty much gone for me with deserted newbie zones, plane of knowledge making travel a joke, and a feel to the game like it was trying to hand feed us ice cream cake.

Lookin forward to seeing y'all in game.

knottyb0y
02-04-2011, 03:38 PM
TZ was what kept me attached to EQ for so long. I miss it.

You'll find P99 is a great place to be, regardless of the lack of PvP.

TZ was awesome! PVP definitely made EQ something different. You had to deal with a lot of grief but, there was no thrill like dropping the hammer on someone to take a camp, or corpse camping someone who talked too much shit. You don't have an outlet for your anger like that here, but still its good times oldschool style..

Anyone remember "Loot n Scoot" or any of the other rules of engagement back in the day?? Classic Kunark and Velious were the best times to play on pvp on EQ without a doubt.

Scroll
02-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Gagresh is a bitch. Pepperz <3's him though... in a totally gay way.

~Tilde for life.

knottyb0y
02-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Gagresh is a bitch. Pepperz <3's him though... in a totally gay way.

~Tilde for life.

Lol Pepperz! We all know Gagresh was a monster! You still rockin' your monk from time to time?

Hobby
02-04-2011, 04:24 PM
I was planning on doing fairly often pvp events, but the interest died down from 100 people to 20.

Until people beg and pester me for a week or two, im not taking the time to host another.

ukaking
02-05-2011, 12:52 AM
Good to see another Rallos Zek player! RZ was the best...lose your life, lose your gear! I was leader of the all Iksar guild, The Harbingers of Thule from 2000-2003 on there.

liveitup1216
02-05-2011, 08:58 PM
On Rallos you may have lost your gear, but on Sullon you lost your soul... :cool: