PDA

View Full Version : Question about red server

dude
03-10-2017, 11:28 AM
Is it a FFA pvp or light vs dark pvp?

I am thinking you playing it now that I know theirs no penalty for playing both at the same time.

Squire
03-10-2017, 11:35 AM
Red is ffa.

Kushie
03-10-2017, 11:41 AM
Red is a dead server RIP

dude
03-10-2017, 11:43 AM
ill give it a try.

Baler
03-10-2017, 12:04 PM
ill give it a try.
http://i.imgur.com/2w2Q8NA.gif

MerkelMacron
03-10-2017, 12:21 PM
its ffa, but its also you against people who invested 2000 hours into farming unconstested gear

if you interested in pvp help us help staff make red fun again

Lhancelot
03-10-2017, 12:21 PM
Can you keep us updated with your experiences here? I am curious what a person with an open mind thinks about Red p99 after experiencing it first hand!

Kich867
03-10-2017, 12:45 PM
Lhancelot, it's like...fine. There's groups of nice helpful people, I'd say most people are generally fine and not looking to troll you. Parties while hard to come by are ridiculous experience with the +50% bonus, then +40% bonus per party member (making a full group an enormous xp boost) which makes leveling quick and easy.

The only unexciting thing is the global OOC chat gets really tiresome quickly. I played there pretty regularly a few years ago, I tried to come back there a few weeks ago, and it's honestly like I had never left.

The same old tired shit-talking comes off as barely genuine and exhausting, it's rote and mechanical now like all the top guilds feel like they sort of have to do it to stay relevant. Meanwhile, there's still that one guy that says they're the best pvp'er and references their record (which upon further investigation is always less than impressive, noted by a handful of other people).

All that's different are the guilds and key players involved, but they might as well just be the same people. "Zerg guild" vs "elite group of badasses guild" vs "sort of new up and coming guild thats challenging people" + "One guy that the whole server knows".

The pvp can be fun, it was enjoyable the times I did it and definitely adds a unique level of stress when you notice someone in the zone that wasn't before, making each pull a little more tense if you feel like they're there for pvp.

The OOC chat eventually, amidst the trite shit talking, devolves into this weird sense of childishness where one party killed another party and are desperately trying to justify their ability to deny the other party LNS by referencing rules while simultaneously trying to explain how the rules never apply to what they did.

You can basically script the nightly chat. It's pretty cringey.

Sancta
03-10-2017, 07:18 PM
If there are no people on the server but someone posts in OOC chat, will any see it?

:thinking:

Lhancelot
03-10-2017, 07:24 PM
Lhancelot, it's like...fine. There's groups of nice helpful people, I'd say most people are generally fine and not looking to troll you. Parties while hard to come by are ridiculous experience with the +50% bonus, then +40% bonus per party member (making a full group an enormous xp boost) which makes leveling quick and easy.

The only unexciting thing is the global OOC chat gets really tiresome quickly. I played there pretty regularly a few years ago, I tried to come back there a few weeks ago, and it's honestly like I had never left.

The same old tired shit-talking comes off as barely genuine and exhausting, it's rote and mechanical now like all the top guilds feel like they sort of have to do it to stay relevant. Meanwhile, there's still that one guy that says they're the best pvp'er and references their record (which upon further investigation is always less than impressive, noted by a handful of other people).

All that's different are the guilds and key players involved, but they might as well just be the same people. "Zerg guild" vs "elite group of badasses guild" vs "sort of new up and coming guild thats challenging people" + "One guy that the whole server knows".

The pvp can be fun, it was enjoyable the times I did it and definitely adds a unique level of stress when you notice someone in the zone that wasn't before, making each pull a little more tense if you feel like they're there for pvp.

The OOC chat eventually, amidst the trite shit talking, devolves into this weird sense of childishness where one party killed another party and are desperately trying to justify their ability to deny the other party LNS by referencing rules while simultaneously trying to explain how the rules never apply to what they did.

You can basically script the nightly chat. It's pretty cringey.

haha. very thorough run down of what it is like. I played EQ1 pvp for years, starting on RZ, then went to SZ, then to Zek.

I can appreciate the excitement pvp adds when you find it.

I don't recall a server wide /ooc though ever, and people didn't constantly talk shit either on those old PVP servers.

Sure, you had some exceptions, but I suppose different times and different people played differently compared to how people play and behave now.

Thanks for the detailed breakdown. ;)

Swish
03-10-2017, 08:41 PM
I wonder if people refused to roll a character on RZ / VZ / TZ etc on the live servers (or even other pvp games like WoW) because "there's people with gear already tho" ?

PvP thought for the day

rollin5k
03-10-2017, 09:08 PM
This doesn't belong in server chat

Swish
03-11-2017, 09:57 PM
Imagine a ghost town
Imagine that ghost town more uninhabited
Welcome to dead 1999

(2011-2013) golden days

Before hitting 270-300 it was at 13, the next wave is about to hit yowl...come on down.

Swish
03-11-2017, 09:58 PM
This doesn't belong in server chat

It's a chat about a server, it's even in the thread title <3

ZiggyTheMuss
03-12-2017, 12:44 AM
Make an item loot pvp server and I'm in.