PDA

View Full Version : Nemce's Resignation

bktroost
03-14-2017, 02:59 PM
Hello friends,

I've been with you all for 6 years now and this week I announced to my guild that I would be finally stepping down from leadership. I'll be leaving, in part, because I have been recently promoted to such a degree that I find myself with roughly 10 or so hours of free time a week outside of my work related schedule. Azure Guard is stronger than it has ever been and working with CSG has been a huge joy in my gaming career.

Some might think that my leaving leadership would hinder the guild or CSG. I think that to some degree it has to because these things always do. But I believe that AG is better suited to have a new guild leader that can be active than a historic guild leader that spends 3/4 of his year on a plane. I would never want to hurt the progress of AG and so I have reorganized our guild to accommodate that change. Grizluk will be assuming the new leadership role, supported by Meah. CSG will be remaining together and AG will continue to recruit, kill, compete and do all the things we have done historically... though I'm sure in Grizluk's own unique way.

I will post a follow up message here to explain some more reasoning I have for leaving the server and where I will be spending some of my limited free time.

~~~~~

Having finished the change log, I want to let you all know that I really had a great time here on P99. I don't want this message to be long and unreadable, so I will suffice to say that I had a great time over the years and met so many of you great people.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve...."

Thank you all, thank you for everything. I've had a great time being your mayor but all terms must come to an end.

Thirdly and finally, I wish to make an ANNOUNCEMENT. I regret to announce that — though, as I said, 6 years is far too short a time to spend among you — this is the END. I am going. I am leaving NOW. GOOD-BYE!"

Sorn
03-14-2017, 03:04 PM
/salute

It's been a good run, eh? Good luck in all your future endeavors! I'll never forget how you and AG helped me get my epic. :)

dafier
03-14-2017, 03:06 PM
You sir are a good person. May fame and fortune follow you always. Cheers mate.

bum3
03-14-2017, 03:07 PM
I don't know you but my limited experience with AG is that they are amazing and very helpful to new players! You did something right.

bktroost
03-14-2017, 03:09 PM
Where I Will Be Spending My Time

I will be leading an Azure Guard on the TAKProject server. I don't think that Macs should ever be considered gaming devices but it is considered the Mac revival server. The server does not boast to be classic but it does have a great team leading it and an even greater community.

My understanding is that the top teir mobs are rotated by players and the rest is FFA. A great rotation/FFA model but with considerably less players on the server.

The population is considerably weaker there, however, a few of the friends I have here on P99 will be joining me in my double agent life of p99/TAKP.

Raids over there will all be scheduled and planned and therefore far easier for me to lead a guild of casuals.

I'm not moving AG like BDA moved their guild off of P99. I'd consider my transition to TAKP as more of an Azure Guard franchise than truly moving. There's a strong AG here with CSG and a new AG on that server as well. (though the name of the P99 AG will potentially change in the transition to help new leadership fulfill their new role with confidence).

If anyone happens to want to join us there you are more than welcome to, though this is not a recruitment thread. I just would love seeing old friendly faces(names) over there.

I will still be on P99 and show up to CSG raids, but my days of politicking are coming to an end very soon. The official transition will occur in a few weeks.

Erati
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

but the carrot!

THE CARROT!

Teako
inb4 rnf

arsenalpow
03-14-2017, 03:13 PM
Sanity is always a good decision.

Tupakk
03-14-2017, 03:22 PM
Sad to see you go. Ive only been on the box for 3 years but I have always had great respect for what you do/doing/did here.

Live on, be safe, and happy playing.

Lhancelot
03-14-2017, 03:50 PM
Good luck and may you find peace and harmony always wherever you decide to take your travels! In a game or IRL. Takecare.

Cecily
03-14-2017, 03:55 PM
Take care, Nemce. You were one of the good ones.

maskedmelon
03-14-2017, 09:06 PM
i gonna miss our mayor.he the only mayor we ever had :c takp a good place though too. take care mayor! (^。~)v

Pokesan
03-14-2017, 09:14 PM
LONG LIVE NEMCE FOR 10,000 YEARS!

RedXIII
03-14-2017, 09:59 PM
Nothing but respect towards you bro. Hope you have fun and gratz on your job promotion. \o/

Nuggie
03-14-2017, 10:05 PM
Good times were had. As they've been in the past they will be in the future.

See you in Pantheon.

fan D
03-15-2017, 04:47 AM
rest in piss loser

Culkasi
03-15-2017, 05:52 AM
Really really sad to see this happen, but I commend your courage in making the right decision for you. Its been an absolute pleassure working with you for the past years, and getting to know you, and become friends. Can't wait to see you in Florida this summer, and to meet again in Pantheon!

Whirled
03-15-2017, 07:37 AM
You are one of the shining stars and saddened to see you go. LLaPhttps://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTHa8jJu9eC9g6okRrK3BlTWQVlQ6gID lCn8JEVrcfN3OSgIjBe

Rygar
03-15-2017, 08:23 AM
A fantastic, selfless leader that never compromised his morals. Rare indeed on this server.

kotton05
03-15-2017, 08:27 AM
Rip nemce. Gone but not forgotten. Been years man. Stay safe.

Jimjam
03-15-2017, 08:32 AM
I am sorry to hear your work commitments mean you feel you can no longer dedicate enough time and attention to running Azure Guard on this emulated server. Good luck in the new job and running Azure Guard on the next emulated server, hopefully things are smoother there!

Pan
03-15-2017, 08:52 AM
We'll miss you. Nice legacy you leave, friend. We'll ride again...

GinnasP99
03-15-2017, 09:33 AM
So long Nemce, Godspeed

khanable
03-15-2017, 09:44 AM

I will be leading an Azure Guard on the TAKProject server. I don't think that Macs should ever be considered gaming devices but it is considered the Mac revival server. The server does not boast to be classic but it does have a great team leading it and an even greater community.

My understanding is that the top teir mobs are rotated by players and the rest is FFA. A great rotation/FFA model but with considerably less players on the server.

The population is considerably weaker there, however, a few of the friends I have here on P99 will be joining me in my double agent life of p99/TAKP.

Raids over there will all be scheduled and planned and therefore far easier for me to lead a guild of casuals.

I'm not moving AG like BDA moved their guild off of P99. I'd consider my transition to TAKP as more of an Azure Guard franchise than truly moving. There's a strong AG here with CSG and a new AG on that server as well. (though the name of the P99 AG will potentially change in the transition to help new leadership fulfill their new role with confidence).

If anyone happens to want to join us there you are more than welcome to, though this is not a recruitment thread. I just would love seeing old friendly faces(names) over there.

I will still be on P99 and show up to CSG raids, but my days of politicking are coming to an end very soon. The official transition will occur in a few weeks.

my man

see you in knowledge plane!

bktroost
03-15-2017, 11:07 AM
You all are great!

Mistle
03-15-2017, 11:57 AM
Once you have experienced takp in its full glory you will wonder why you didn't do this a year ago or more.

Fifield
03-15-2017, 12:11 PM
Don't know you Nemce but by your posts you sounded like a pretty cool guy to be guilded with. Enjoy non p99 EQ and enjoy coming back to P99 sometimes as well.

PS: TAKP goes to planes of power and stops?

bktroost
03-15-2017, 12:55 PM
PS: TAKP goes to planes of power and stops?

Correct.

Sirken
03-15-2017, 01:28 PM
Nemce, I've worked with a lot of guild leaders over the last 5 years on this project (and 3 years on another project), but you really are one of the good ones. Whether you realized it or not, you are one of the pillars of the p99 community and there are people (both inside your guild and outside of your guild) that look up to you as a leader, so needless to say you're leaving some pretty big shoes to fill. Your guild, and this community is better off for the time and work you've put in here.

It's been a lot of fun working with you & hearing your feedback on various topics over the years while watching Azure Guard grow up into a capable raiding guild, you nerds have made me proud. Anywhere you decide to play (even with that insane work schedule you got promoted to) will be lucky to have you, and I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Don't be a stranger, Norrath needs its Mayor

<3
Sirks

Expediency
03-15-2017, 01:58 PM
I joined p99 in early 2015 and other than a brief stop in a leveling guild my whole p99 experience 46+ has been with Azure Guard. I've been a recruiting officer for about 18 months.

Nemce has been an excellent leader and we've not had any trouble (internally or externally) the entire time I've been there. No power struggles. No scandals. Zero raid suspensions. We've grown constantly and rarely recruit any members, applications come in unsolicited every single day.

People are not going to believe me, and trolls are gonna troll, but behind closed doors the leadership of AG does not/did not accept behavior that was negative to the community and as far as can be avoided we were not allowed to leapfrog, poach recruits, etc from smaller guilds. Nemce would not tolerate members/officers doing anything that was unethical or toxic to the community.

I'm very fortunate to have fallen into this situation when I did. Its been a lot of fun and I am 100% sure that within a short time Nemce will be running shit on takp to whatever extent he chooses.

I hope the people running this server take a long hard look at why Nemce is leaving to go start from scratch on another server. Standing at the zone in all day is madness. You cant even raid hate right now due to farmers standing at the fountain threatening to petition. If this isnt a wake up call to you, nothing will be.

bktroost
03-15-2017, 02:17 PM
Don't be a stranger, Norrath needs its Mayor

<3
Sirks

In the words of Sirken "A+"

You're the best!

bktroost
03-15-2017, 04:53 PM
For the next 3-4 hours I will be doing free CoTHs to PoM for anyone 55+ in light of my resignation!

Sadiki
03-15-2017, 05:54 PM
For the next 3-4 hours I will be doing free CoTHs to PoM for anyone 55+ in light of my resignation!
Wow, you should resign more often!

Phenyo
03-15-2017, 07:06 PM
How long does p99 have left, is the exodus finally at hand?

Swish
03-15-2017, 07:11 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207783

As the next in line in the original vote (that's still here) I hereby proclaim myself the new Mayor and declare martial law on P99 with immediate effect. Red server will thrive from today and fat cats will be taxed cats.

http://i.imgur.com/46LoPgX.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/46LoPgX.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/46LoPgX.gif

Cylock
03-15-2017, 09:45 PM
Good luck Nemce, I wish you the best!

Tupakk
03-16-2017, 09:57 AM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=207783

As the next in line in the original vote (that's still here) I hereby proclaim myself the new Mayor and declare martial law on P99 with immediate effect. Red server will thrive from today and fat cats will be taxed cats.

http://i.imgur.com/46LoPgX.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/46LoPgX.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/46LoPgX.gif

I am gonna go out on a limb and say atleast 5 of your votes were from yourself. Which means Bush/Towers totally takes second place.

Netherzul
03-18-2017, 01:18 AM
Take care Nemce, it was fun running with you back in the AG early years. Tell your mom I said hi too! :)

Powertrip

Varren
03-18-2017, 09:27 AM
Thanks, Nemce. Youve really done a great job.

Vallanor
03-19-2017, 10:47 AM
Good luck on TAKP! I think you're making a very healthy decision. :)

Tuljin
03-19-2017, 11:34 AM
Playing with AG back in their days of being a fledgling band of mid-50s doing dungeons and planes on their own terms is definitely among the highlights of my time on the server. It was probably the closest you could get to a "classic" EQ experience on P99 after the Kunark launch. It was a blast to play content without throwing an army of parked Chardok powerleveled 60s at it with players who wanted to simply wanted to play EQ with no other drama. I have friendships from that time that last to this day.

Some of us need to smoke fat EQ crack rocks in the form of (then) poopsocked VP loot. Since then the same crew have become poopsocking Gollums hunched over their desks after hitting the Evercrack pipe faaaar too many times over the past 6, 7, 8 years.

Nemce has consistently been a refreshing example of sanity over the past years on this server and its no coincidence that the "casual scum" (and the non-casuals who aren't completely insane) on this server have voted him Mr. Congeniality aka "Mayor"

The "casual scum" and "welfare pixel" players on this server that CSG represent are no more of a detriment to the server than the "warmbodies" that have come to the server over the past few years.

Powerleveling toons, parking them, and batphoning for scraps (verb: "warmbodying") gives the guild leaders of the "raid" guilds far more time and opportunity to rule lawyer and continue to make playing on this server insufferable. The new players to this server over the past few years, most of whom come from -actual- pixel welfare MMOs like WoW, are very used to this "style" of gameplay and know no different. EQ is not WoW, there are no instances, top tier loot is very limited, and someone else will get the phats before you do, IF you even do. If that's what you want to sign up for that's your prerogative. There are many great players and very serious EQ heads who no longer play here due precisely to this nonsense, and there is no end in sight.

/salute to a great member of the P99 community who was always a wonderful guy and always trying to make this server a better place for everybody.

Muggens
03-20-2017, 03:46 AM
Adios Nemce, long live the new mayor, Swish

Valakut
03-20-2017, 11:35 AM

Tried to play on TAKP, it was nothing like the real AK. GMs crashing zones for shits and giggles see my signature right out of their IRC. Maybe someone can confirm if speedz is a GM or a developer or if they had to name change because of their immature shenanigans.

Jesseca
03-27-2017, 05:42 AM
I am going to /cry......All I can say is thank you all for such wonderful words. Nemce sure does make his mama proud in so many ways. I love you Nemce!

bktroost
03-27-2017, 07:44 PM
I am going to /cry......All I can say is thank you all for such wonderful words. Nemce sure does make his mama proud in so many ways. I love you Nemce!

/embarrassed

"aw shucks mom, not in front of all my friends"

Bet ya didn't all know I started playing P99 when I was in college so I could keep my recently divorced mother from empty nest aches while I was away. Man did this turn into something far more than I ever imagined it would.

Whuppee
03-28-2017, 08:13 AM
I'm new here. I have no experience of you (or AG), except having read one of the RnF threads about the most recent A/A suspension. From that alone you have my respect. It is no wonder that people follow you.

I expect (and hope) that AG will stay true to what you have built it to be. I've found the toxicity of the raid scene here to be quite off putting, and your guild sounds exactly what I've been looking for. I'll be applying as soon as I hit 46.

I am sad to see you go, but I understand. I'm glad it sounds that your life is going well. Take care :)

bktroost
03-28-2017, 03:00 PM
I'm new here. I have no experience of you (or AG), except having read one of the RnF threads about the most recent A/A suspension. From that alone you have my respect. It is no wonder that people follow you.

I expect (and hope) that AG will stay true to what you have built it to be. I've found the toxicity of the raid scene here to be quite off putting, and your guild sounds exactly what I've been looking for. I'll be applying as soon as I hit 46.

I am sad to see you go, but I understand. I'm glad it sounds that your life is going well. Take care :)

That's really awesome to hear. I'm sure AG will remain the guild it always has been. Valick, the new GL, values our reputation and what we have stood for very highly.

pharmakos
03-28-2017, 10:30 PM
<3.

sorry i let the cat out of the bag early, didn't realize how quick it would get around.

herb_gotti
03-28-2017, 10:39 PM
i've played a lot of different games and been a part of different things.. but Nemce is the real MVP....