PDA

View Full Version : New Warrior

Feeder
02-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to say what's up and that this server is the shit. I love classic Everquest more than any other game I've played in my entire life and with Kunark just around the corner for this server I'm even more amped to play. Since I haven't played in a while I was wondering if anyone could give me a couple pointers on where people on this server like to go for leveling, etc. I'm a level 9 Dwarf Warrior currently and I've just been doing the standard orc hill, crushbone, getting belts, shoulder pads etc. and things have been going good. If anyone has any advice on where people like to go for given level ranges or can give me some advice for leveling a Warrior I'd greatly appreciate it. My name in-game is the same as my forum name (Feeder), and yes I know I should have made an Ogre but fuck it, Dwarf barrel roll ftw.

Thanks again everyone and I look forward to seeing you all in game!

Droodler
02-08-2011, 05:54 PM
Welcome to p99!

I'd recommend Unrest once you get to 10-12. It's right in your neck of the woods, it has an excellent Zone Experience Modifier (ZEM), and it can get you right up past lvl 25.

At level 10 you can start grouping outside the house (left wall, etc) and taking out Death Beetles, Tormented Dead, etc. Once you are 16-18 you can start heading inside and camping main room (MR). At 20-22 you can start camping the fireplace (FP) and get some loot you can actually use (Thick Leather Apron, Bronze Armor, Opalline Earrings, Bloodstained Mantle).

You could stick around there until 30 if you wanted, but the xp starts slowing down.

At level 25 your two best options (IMO) are Highkeep or Mistmoore. Both have good ZEMs. Highkeep is especially nice as you can be bound in that zone and there is a bank right next to the goblins you will be slaying.

Those zones should take you to 35.

DevGrousis
02-08-2011, 06:26 PM
ehh i dont know about Unrest. i was there the last few days and its lookin like the crowd is 20+ now days. i'd stay in CB until 14 or so then head to Oasis, thats where the crowds will be and should be easy for you to find a group as a tank. the server seems to be lacking tanks

hedbonker
02-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Early 20s, SK might be a decent option. EK would too but never any groups there - just Mages, necros and druids soloing...

Gorgetrapper
02-08-2011, 08:05 PM
You can easily stay in unrest until about 31 or 32 in the basement, respawns are fast enough to keep everything down. You can head to mistmoore at that point and then stay there until 43 (castle is easy, fast and mobs have VERY low HP)

Feeder
02-08-2011, 08:22 PM
I really appreciate the input guys, it'll help me alot when leveling on this server and its nice to see the leveling path pretty much fits when I did on EQ Live. As far as gear goes, are they any specifics I should aim for? Obviously Bronze pieces are good and such early on, but are there any weapons I could feasibly get in the 10-20 level range that will help me with threat? Keep in mind my plats kinda shitty at the moment so twinking out with anything is out of the question.

Dantes
02-08-2011, 08:24 PM
You should be ashamed if you are in Unrest past level 30. That's like being a college guy at a highschool party. It's awkward. Unrest is good and bad. When it's overcrowded by powerlevelers killing every mob in the zone, it's bad news... unless you are in that powerlevel group.

Highpass = fun zone 14-20. Orcs and gnolls everywhere. PGTs and cracked darkwood shields. Gnoll scalps, Orc scalps to turn in to guards for more cash and exp. It's fun but you gotta build your own group. I did this during my teens, people were willing to come out there. It was fun, we got loot, we gained exp. Lately IB and VD are camping the idol at Orcs, I'll bet whoever is there would even toss a group some buffs or a DS.

Oasis is horrible. Orc groups can be decent, but crocs are totally lame and not worth your time. Great for solo casters, horrible for Warriors. You'd have better loot and better experience if you went to Uguk. Upper Guk is perfect for a Warrior. You are designed to be grouped in dungeons. Why waste time in a crappy outdoor zone competing with mages for crocs? That's no fun! The frogs drop all kinds of gems and light armor with a few plat each, you can load up on plat in there.

Dantes
02-08-2011, 08:25 PM
Speaking of PGTs, get one. One of the best low level Warrior weapons you can get. It procs at level 10, generates threat, and the rune effect heals you. Also, consider a Shield of the Slain unicorn as a really cheap offhander when you hit level 13 - if you are pressed for cash. Extra AC and the occasional offhand hit for 20 damage is nice.

Otherwise save your plat for an Obsidian Shard or 2 when you hit level 16. The proc is great for aggro.

Droodler
02-08-2011, 08:37 PM
Also, consider a Shield of the Slain unicorn as a really cheap offhander when you hit level 13 - if you are pressed for cash. Extra AC and the occasional offhand hit for 20 damage is nice.

I am Droodler and I do not support this message.

The Slain Unicorn shield is a crappy weapon with some AC. The only redeeming thing about it is that it is completely worthless and people will gladly give you one for free (if they haven't vendored it already).

If you are really hurting for weapons, make some friends at the royals camp in SolB. The Painbringer is an excellent no-drop weapon that usually rots. The Fleshripper is also no-drop, but it is 2hs.

I bet if you spoke to the leader of the royals group, you could sit outside SolB, wait, and get your sword in ~ 1 hour. This is the same mob that drops the Shield of the Slain Unicrap.

fugazi
02-08-2011, 08:42 PM
PGT's are super sweet indeed.

Estu
02-08-2011, 09:34 PM
Get a PGT as soon as possible. If you don't have the money for it (~100pp), you can farm bone chips in North Ro near the Freeport zone line off of decaying skeletons and sell those for 5-10pp/stack, or sell those crushbone belts/pads you've been looting to players instead of turning them in for the quest. Once you have a few hundred plat saved up, get an Obsidian Shard to dual wield with your PGT.

Avoid outdoor zones like Oasis and the Karanas: you'll get less EXP per kill because they have worse ZEMs than dungeons. There's very little reason to group in an outdoor zone; it makes more sense for a solo class that can't deal with dungeons. Unrest is a great zone to level in from level 14 or so (you can start earlier, but Crushbone is good too at those levels). First group in the yard, then move into main room, then fireplace.