PDA

View Full Version : What do you tip porters?

DetroitVelvetSmooth
02-09-2011, 08:28 PM
How much do you tip your cabbie? Assume single passenger with no pickup, waiting for you, etc.

Don't reply if you are poor.

I tip 25 generally, though add 5-15 depending on circumstance.

toddfx
02-09-2011, 08:31 PM
My question is, will there be high a enough demand for ports to Kunark to justify porters charging a specific price? If so, how high do you think they might go?

I usually tip 25, currently.

Minluan
02-09-2011, 08:34 PM
I usually give 20pp if they are close by and not kept waiting for long.

Gorgetrapper
02-09-2011, 08:35 PM
40 if they need to get me, 25 if they're already there waiting.

korrowan
02-09-2011, 08:36 PM
I tip 100 at least...if I want a quick one..300.

captainspauldin
02-09-2011, 08:47 PM
i usually always tip around 50. if they gatta come get me its 100.

anyone tipping any less and is lvl 50 or close is a cheapass, or if you are a twink alt or something, its the same thing.

people who donate like 2pp or 5pp or none and beg for buffs is a cheapass too. and im not talking about noobies with crap gear. ive had people come up to me with 40k worth of gear and have me buff them for free time and time again with no appreciation.

maby u dont realize those buffs just cut into my porting/soloing/grouping/powerleveling time and at 500-1000 mana for a round of buffs and now i gatta med to port, then med to buff and get full for the mobs or whatever it is im doing certainly was not worth .0001% of your wealth.

and infact, i will no longer buff or port anyone who wants to be a cheapass if i feel like its resonable for them to donate or that they very easily can and for some reason dont think its right. doesnt mean i wont still do it alot, just means good luck lol. and i think all druids who are sitting around to buff the noobies and port people should do the exact same.

Blango27
02-09-2011, 08:47 PM
i tip 100. Have a druid so i know how annoying it is.

Baa
02-09-2011, 09:09 PM
I tip 30 (on avg) up to 50 if I am feeling nice and have the $$... I don't feel so bad as my highest char is only 35.

Glaani
02-09-2011, 09:11 PM
I always pay 45 - 50; I've tried to keep to the 1pp/level someone once suggested.

DOPE
02-09-2011, 09:28 PM
30-50.

spok
02-09-2011, 09:38 PM
25-50...depends on how efficient I am getting assistance (and how much plat I had on me at the time).

I have always compensated players for ports (except guildies...)

DevGrousis
02-09-2011, 09:38 PM
well, i'm sort of not rich lol

15p is all i can really pay without killing myself

BUT to be real fair.. mana doesnt cost shit, so 1p should be MORE than enough. i'm only paying 15p because i understand that it still takes their time to do it

captainspauldin
02-09-2011, 09:39 PM
hehe u guys will be supprised how many people dont even donate after they've been ported in all their gear level 30-50.

or 80% of the time that they do, they think 5-15pp is acceptable for a geared 50. out of 10 people 4 wont donate, 6 will donate 5-15pp each and the 11th will donate like 40-50.

not to mention when i get to where im going, im usually coming home with 300-5000 plat so its really not a big deal to pay 50pp to save me 30 minutes of walking. i think its very fair.

so for all the guys out there that are not cheapass, and donate 40-60pp a port, which is about 5-10% of you if we are lucky, your making up for all the other guys who donate 10pp when its all averaged out. which is probably the only reason there are still people offering porting in ooc.

DetroitVelvetSmooth
02-09-2011, 09:43 PM
many people dont even donate after they've been ported in all their gear level 30-50.

name names. :rolleyes:

captainspauldin
02-09-2011, 09:46 PM
people always sayin names names blah but speaking for myself, i dont have the time nor care enough to take names of the crapass's n flammers.

Badmartigan
02-09-2011, 09:57 PM
I offer 30-50 depending how desperate i am.

I also have a druid and am happy with that ammount.

Myrkskog
02-09-2011, 10:01 PM
I've payed everything from 20-600pp

captainspauldin
02-09-2011, 10:03 PM
if im in a big hurry ill donate 100-200pp for port depending on circumstances

even for clerity i normally donate 30-50pp, sometimes 100 or more.

have paid 500pp for a rez where ill be taking 15 mins or their time if they have to travel

Ongbak
02-09-2011, 10:51 PM
The more I have, the more I tips. Always 15PP minimum and max was 35PP I think. But i usually paid around 25-30PP.

Nedala
02-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Im paying 30-50 normally, can be 100-200 when im in a hurry. On my ench that is :)

Ralexia
02-09-2011, 11:10 PM
I find that 40 or 50pp is usually enough to get a port quickly. I used to give 25 but then I read one of these threads and found out I'm pretty cheap. I'm also lvl 50 and have most of the items I think are worth purchasing, so I can afford paying a lot more. I'll even pay 40-50 for a port to lavastorm from EC. I figure I can make 40-50pp farming items in Sol A for 10 mins.

Harrison
02-09-2011, 11:15 PM
i usually always tip around 50. if they gatta come get me its 100.

anyone tipping any less and is lvl 50 or close is a cheapass, or if you are a twink alt or something, its the same thing.

people who donate like 2pp or 5pp or none and beg for buffs is a cheapass too. and im not talking about noobies with crap gear. ive had people come up to me with 40k worth of gear and have me buff them for free time and time again with no appreciation.

maby u dont realize those buffs just cut into my porting/soloing/grouping/powerleveling time and at 500-1000 mana for a round of buffs and now i gatta med to port, then med to buff and get full for the mobs or whatever it is im doing certainly was not worth .0001% of your wealth.

and infact, i will no longer buff or port anyone who wants to be a cheapass if i feel like its resonable for them to donate or that they very easily can and for some reason dont think its right. doesnt mean i wont still do it alot, just means good luck lol. and i think all druids who are sitting around to buff the noobies and port people should do the exact same.

Waaaaaaaaaaaah, I clicked a button and no one gave me what I wanted for it.

captainspauldin
02-09-2011, 11:27 PM

audacity
02-09-2011, 11:51 PM
Generally I do crack + 20-50pp

Harrison
02-10-2011, 12:07 AM
cry more harrison, im sorry you chose to be too ignorant to understand what im saying, so since your just trying to be an annoying prick i figgure ill be one too. maby you dont realize it gets pretty annoying when you get 5+ people every few minutes walk up to you and ask for a full line of buffs and ports, as well as spam my tell window.

so here i go, ill try to say it again so that an idiot might understand it this time.

what i was saying is it was particularly annoying a few times when the same few super twinks would come back to me again and again every time their buffs wore off, these are people with 40k+ worth of gear, and they didnt maby consider to donate?

id rather buff the guys wearing leather and sticks than buff the same guy with max gear again and again for nothing.

sorry if your an ignorant moron and cant understand this, btw what you dont like me or something? had something i said some time make you mad? sry if your a little butthurt. or maby your just another jealous ass hater for whatever reason.....seems like theres alot of you nowadays. lol or are u gunna come back at me like naww dog naww that aint me

and wouldnt doubt your one of those cheapass's i mentioned hahaha. and since your talkin shit, why dont you go hang out and buff people all day, if thats the way you feel about it, shit if your gunna talk the talk.

"i only cry about people crying about people crying" cuz im freakin awesome man!!
"i am not a troll and i hate trolls so im going to troll the people trolling who bein trolled by the trolls they trollin" brilliant

or how about the few times i power leveled a few different people who ripped me off, id level them for a bunch of hours and then at the end they where like "oh i didnt think it was that much or i forgot the price or blah blah whatever" so they give me all they say they have which is about 1/5th of what i should have resonably got which i could a farmed off some random bullcrap like guards for an hour and off they go.......but wait......howcome they cant pay me fairly for saving them 2 days worth of leveling when they walk away in 50k worth of gear.

and no, i dont take names or trash talk their name, i got paid very well for what i did, i get paid in shame, there is nothing finer.

or as i suspect inc ignorance again and say something like "oh man u shoulda been doing that for free, its just a click of a button"

but u know whats funny, i dont care about the money for the buffs or ports or power leveling, so this is the part where i explain that you are a moron..... ""bro i sure needed that 50 plat so bad dude....."" sry, i have enough plat, you dont care about it so much when you have all you need, its the fact that its sad people gatta be so cheap. and im sorry your such a hater, you'll get over it.

thanks for the attention tho, you managed to help me waste a few minutes of time! hell yes. (yes i like to hear myself talk, yes i hope someone crys about it)

Didn't read your post.

I played a cleric for nearly a decade. I am not a whiny pussy like you are.

captainspauldin
02-10-2011, 12:31 AM
fine since you dont want to read it and and want to spam as much as possible, ill let you annoy everyone.

sorry that your only here to be an ignorant annoying prick. but thank you for the attention and getting on my level. im glad i have someone else to look like an ass with.

bizzum
02-10-2011, 12:58 AM
40-50 for a port on average.

Also, if you are going to decide to be a cheapass, don't wear your Rubi BP while you get a port then tip 10pp...breakin my balls, man, breaking my balls.

Nocte
02-10-2011, 12:59 AM
I wish I got for rezzes what some of you are paying for ports.

Thetruth
02-10-2011, 01:02 AM
The truth is,

You should always tip wizards 50+ plat. Druids sha'll be tipped 30 + plat.
Truth be told. Wizards need to be treated better then druids. This due to the lack of the wizard class.

Jontaidoe
02-10-2011, 01:48 AM
I charge people 100pp for a port. People go "100PP?!?!?!?!" all the time, but that's what I consider my time worth. "But mana is free!!!!" WRONG. Mana = TIME. My time = MONEY. THUS Mana = Money!!! OMG CORRECT! I could be killing seafuries or camping dino/ac instead of porting you. Tralala

DevGrousis
02-10-2011, 01:54 AM
I charge people 100pp for a port. People go "100PP?!?!?!?!" all the time, but that's what I consider my time worth. "But mana is free!!!!" WRONG. Mana = TIME. My time = MONEY. THUS Mana = Money!!! OMG CORRECT! I could be killing seafuries or camping dino/ac instead of porting you. Tralala

i bet you get told you fuck off more than you're going to admit when you reply to this

Benebric
02-10-2011, 02:05 AM
I consider anything above 40pp to be a good tip. The way I look at it, I can make about 100 plat off the time it takes me to port you (if I was quadding hill giants) - but chances are as I'm not actively doing that when you ask and I say yes, half that amount is fine too :p

oldhead
02-10-2011, 02:20 AM
As a porter I tend to not even bother for anything under 40p

If you are standing right next to me in EC tunnel or catch me at a ring... maybe 20p-30p.

Only time I would port for under 20p is if its a lowbie.

CR = free always.
1-20 = free or whatever they want to give.

95% of the ports I do are 40p-100p. That would be because I ignore people who are asking for 20p ports. I will leave them to the lowbie druids and wizards. I also always ask what a person is paying for port if they neglect to mention it in their shout. neglecting to mention what you are paying in your shout tends to mean you are a 30p or below payer imo and know you will get less response if you say how much publicly.

to the cleric with the res comment... I have never paid under 100p per corpse for a res.

soup
02-10-2011, 02:54 AM
50pp is pretty much my standard, sometimes up to 100 if I'm trying to leave an area after a good farming session.

Omnimorph
02-10-2011, 06:55 AM
Greedy druids...

and fu all the druids who i've paid 50-100p for a port for who didn't sow me. That's after i clarity + insight them too... effectually increasing their porting capability!

Rasah
02-10-2011, 10:23 AM
I don't know where these people are. 90% of the ports I have ever given I received 10-20p. Obviously, I am not quick to answer when people are pleading for ports in /ooc.

"I'll pay you. You don't understand, it's a matter of life and death. If I don't get to.."
"How much?"
"Fifty dollars."
"..uh huh..."
"Well, you just said you lost everything you own."
"..well, not my sense of humor!"
"Well, I'll pay you one hundred dollars. TWO hundred dollars."
"I'll do it. For Five."
"WHAT?"
"I'll pay you two hundred fifty dollars."
"Now, I ain't cheap. But I can be had. My minimum price for taking a stranded woman to a telephone is 400 dollars."
"Will you take 375 in traveler's checks?"
"American Express?"
"Of course."
"You've got a deal."
"Good."

Versus
02-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Wow I feel like an asshole now. But to be fair, I'm a monk and don't keep that much on me. (Net *liquid* worth ~900p). Typically 15p or all the platinum I have on me.

Sorry druids, i'll be rich one day. :o

Omnimorph
02-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Wow I feel like an asshole now. But to be fair, I'm a monk and don't keep that much on me. (Net *liquid* worth ~900p). Typically 15p or all the platinum I have on me.

Sorry druids, i'll be rich one day. :o

Get some cha gear, and keep your cash on you in form of stacks of gems. Buy a stack of sapphires (100p each) star rubies (69ish p each)

Or just carry stacks of peridots and hand 5 or so for a port. It's simple enough. :p

Rasah
02-10-2011, 01:14 PM
Get some cha gear, and keep your cash on you in form of stacks of gems. Buy a stack of sapphires (100p each) star rubies (69ish p each)

Or just carry stacks of peridots and hand 5 or so for a port. It's simple enough. :p
^

My mage is in the Karanas. That is hell and gone from any bank. I am constantly buying gems at the vendors and reselling them to convert g/s/c into p. Sure you lose a little, but it's better than 1) being without cash, and 2) burning s/c because it's heavy.

redghosthunter
02-10-2011, 01:17 PM
50 plat