PDA

View Full Version : Last night in Hate... Taking People's Loot

RyoGTO
02-06-2010, 05:44 PM
I know it is difficult for the GMs, and I respect what they do. But I cannot express how devastated I am as the person who suffers the most from last night's decision. I am Koan, and I was the monk who won Basoon Haste Gauntlets off Maestro, an extremely rare Monk only drop off of him, just to have them removed from my character by a GM without being given a proper explanation or reasoning, or even a tell from the GM.

There was no contest for Maestro of Rancor. Inglourious Bastards and Transcendence were fighting over Innoruuk, not Maestro... We pulled Maestro when Inglourious Bastards was on the Second Floor of Hate. They were not even attempting to go for that particular Mob. So why should his loot be under scrutiny?

It is my understanding that somehow the Guild Leaders decided no one should get loot. But this is entirely unfair to me, someone who had just joined the guild and had no pull, yet legitimately won the loot. The GMs should not have allowed a decision which had no moral or logical basis. Neither party receiving any NAMED loot, yet the named in question was not even the issue. When all other parties got to keep the rest of the loot.

I pulled Maestro myself for the Transcendence raid group, and we killed it. Being a the only monk I won the best Monk item I could ever hope for, and I would be using them until I got my epic, Basoon Haste Gauntlets. I was a guest on this raid as I was not a member of Transcendence. As an innocent bystander to these politics, which I am not even interested in, and the only person who is having their epic loot yanked right from their body; I am incredibly upset, and confused.

I cannot quite understand why Maestro loot was taken away when it was a non issue... It's as if some kind of politics are ruining what is rightfully mine. I have never had loot taken away from me before, especially after a legit kill. This just does not seem right. The GMs need to give the loot back, because I cannot see the good in any of this. There was no foul play on Maestro of Rancor by Transcendence or IB. And to strip me of my loot without giving me a say or thought in the matter, simply to spite both guilds, is not a proper resolution.

I am sorry to have to bring this up. I hope you guys do the right thing in the future.

Sincerely,
Koan Katsup

Deanob
02-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Hey Koan next time you threaten Karsten and I with our accounts by getting your "husband" the developer to ban us how about we come on here and complain about it?

Oh wait thats right.

RyoGTO
02-06-2010, 05:49 PM
Hey Koan next time you threaten Karsten and I with our accounts by getting your "husband" the developer to ban us how about we come on here and complain about it?

Oh wait thats right.

Hey, I was joking that night. I don't have a husband nor know a developer. Besides I humbly apologized about hurting your feelings, I didn't even realized it bothered you. Once again, I am sorry dude.

Keystone
02-06-2010, 05:51 PM
It's not that hard to understand really. You SHOULD have had claim to that maestro because that's the mob your guild went for, just like we SHOULD have had claim to innoruuk because that's the mob our guild went for. For whatever reason though certain people chose to see that otherwise, it's in the past now though see you in a week +/- a few hours.

Clayton
02-06-2010, 05:51 PM
Trans are whiny bitches whose petitions to the GM's for Inny caused you to lose your loot, maybe you should reconsider joining them

nilbog
02-06-2010, 05:56 PM
I am Koan, and I was the monk who won Basoon Haste Gauntlets off Maestro, an extremely rare Monk only drop off of him, just to have them removed from my character by a GM without being given a proper explanation or reasoning, or even a tell from the GM.

Made me sick to have to do that.. your proper explanation should have come from your guild leader, as it was their decision to make. I left it up to them, in case you missed the shouts in the zone to both your guilds.

Inglourious Bastards and Transcendence were fighting over Innoruuk, not Maestro

As soon as it was mentioned that Transcendance was wanting Innoruuk, IB asked why Transcendance gets Maestro. This is a legitimate question.. and negates what you said. It was your guild's decision to go after the same raid target, which means you can't get another spawn *and* expect to be at the same point for Innoruuk. Its one or the other. Your guild leader told me you were wanting Innoruuk and thats what this whole thing is about. I hope that makes sense.

It is my understanding that somehow the Guild Leader's decided no one should get loot. But this is entirely unfair to me, someone who had just joined the guild and had no pull, yet legitimately won the loot.

When you wear the guild tag, you are in the guild.. and guild decisions have usually always come from the guild leader.

I cannot quite understand why Maestro loot was taken away when it was a non issue

I hope my explanation resolves it for you. You guys had the option of many choices, and thats what your leaders decided on.

And to strip me of my loot without giving me a say, simply to spite both guilds, is not a proper resolution.

The other 4 people that I had to remove items from were not happy either. Once again, I'm sorry. Make sure your guild knows what its doing vs. another guild and what decisions your leaders may make. If people call GMs, usually action is taken.

Basil67
02-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Upset over loot, in a game.. yeah this is just like it used to be 10 years ago.
How about getting upset over something a LITTLE more serious?

RyoGTO
02-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Made me sick to have to do that.. your proper explanation should have come from your guild leader, as it was their decision to make. I left it up to them, in case you missed the shouts in the zone to both your guilds.

As soon as it was mentioned that Transcendance was wanting Innoruuk, IB asked why Transcendance gets Maestro. This is a legitimate question.. and negates what you said. It was your guild's decision to go after the same raid target, which means you can't get another spawn *and* expect to be at the same point for Innoruuk. Its one or the other. Your guild leader told me you were wanting Innoruuk and thats what this whole thing is about. I hope that makes sense.

When you wear the guild tag, you are in the guild.. and guild decisions have usually always come from the guild leader.

I hope my explanation resolves it for you. You guys had the option of many choices, and thats what your leaders decided on.

The other 4 people that I had to remove items from were not happy either. Once again, I'm sorry. Make sure your guild knows what its doing vs. another guild and what decisions your leaders may make. If people call GMs, usually action is taken.

Thanks for the response man, I do appreciate it. That was the worst decision they could have come to. What a dumb thing to do. Make everyone pay because they didn't get to have their cake and eat it too? Man.

Tristin
02-06-2010, 06:16 PM

gtfo

Dabamf
02-06-2010, 07:50 PM
The only problems last night were Tibador petitioning for no reason, and a GM getting involved in something where no rules were broken and therefore had no business being.

IB went for inny. Trannies went for maestro. There was no issue. Tibador petitions and wants to claim both mobs with no right.

Reiyz
02-06-2010, 07:53 PM

Loot is the most serious thing in Everquest, pal.

Reiker
02-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the response man, I do appreciate it. That was the worst decision they could have come to. What a dumb thing to do. Make everyone pay because they didn't get to have their cake and eat it too? Man.

Welcome to Transcendence bro!

Pheer
02-06-2010, 08:18 PM
funny thing was the maestro drops were arguably better than what we got from inny, so the joke was on them

good job trans, you guys are A+

Hasbinbad
02-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Made me sick to have to do that..
Bassoon gaunts are on par with cof, etc.. making them arguably in the top 3-5 best items in classic. ALMOST everyone is sick over the loss of your gaunts and the other loot.
One person, however..
Your guild leader told me you were wanting Innoruuk and thats what this whole thing is about.
Straight from the source. This should END ALL speculation about why this happened. IB was trying to settle a bugged mob, and we didn't say ANYTHING about Trans. Then Nilbog comes out of the blue and says either candy-land rules (everyone getz da mawbz!), roll for kill (WTF we were alone at the target), or nobody gets shit. Faced with these 3 incredibly lame choices (no offense Nilbog), our guild voted that all loot be taken, since we were not about to lose our rushwork to a stupid die roll, and the "everyone gets mawbz" solution is incredibly stupid. Sounds like yours did too, or a decision could not be comprimised on, so Nilbog took everyones toys and sent us to bed.

Moral? Sometimes it's best to keep the bird in hand rather than reach for two in flight. You might lose everything.

Greedy ****s.

TheDudeAbides
02-06-2010, 09:24 PM
This is retarded

Both guilds need to get over themselves

Seriously

P.S.

Give the guy his gloves. This is petty bullshit. Seriously..give the guy his gloves

Aaron
02-06-2010, 09:47 PM
...our guild voted that all loot be taken, since we were not about to lose our rushwork to a stupid die roll,...

Greedy ****s.

I don't understand what went down, but I quoted a part that seems to say that you'd rather nobody gets any loot over Trans having a chance to have all the loot and IB with nothing. Is that right?

Trans had Maestro. IB had Inny. Trans petitioned that they wanted Inny too?

Pheer
02-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Trans had Maestro. IB had Inny. Trans petitioned that they wanted Inny too?

Yes.

Goobles
02-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Bassoon gaunts are on par with cof, etc.. making them arguably in the top 3-5 best items in classic. ALMOST everyone is sick over the loss of your gaunts and the other loot.
One person, however..

Straight from the source. This should END ALL speculation about why this happened. IB was trying to settle a bugged mob, and we didn't say ANYTHING about Trans. Then Nilbog comes out of the blue and says either candy-land rules (everyone getz da mawbz!), roll for kill (WTF we were alone at the target), or nobody gets shit. Faced with these 3 incredibly lame choices (no offense Nilbog), our guild voted that all loot be taken, since we were not about to lose our rushwork to a stupid die roll, and the "everyone gets mawbz" solution is incredibly stupid. Sounds like yours did too, or a decision could not be comprimised on, so Nilbog took everyones toys and sent us to bed.

Moral? Sometimes it's best to keep the bird in hand rather than reach for two in flight. You might lose everything.

Greedy ****s.

This sounds like a rant/flame to me; in the wrong section nonetheless! Where's your warning?

Clayton
02-06-2010, 10:11 PM
Hasbin, don't do that again

You have been warned

Reiker
02-06-2010, 10:22 PM
http://www.herecomestheboss.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/chris-crocker.jpg

LEAVE KOAN'S GLOVES ALONE!!

Goobles
02-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Tiki, what are you doing back here? Weren't you banned a while ago?

Sloth
02-07-2010, 01:08 AM
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/5492/0928ojgloveap.jpg

Falisaty
02-07-2010, 01:15 AM
I normally keep quiet about all this guild drama between Trans and IB but this just has to be said:

WOW who is running this goat fuck of a server the GM’s and you Nilbog or the Guild leaders of Trans and IB? This sounds like an I don’t give a fuck about what happens on this server, yall duke it out attitude and answer. Why didn’t Rallos Zek aka the GM in question (I’m assuming it was Nilbog) step up and say hay Inny was bugged they get a second chance at it, regardless of who was in the zone first. It’s your server grow a pair and take charge. You set up new rules and then don’t even abide by them yourself what does that say about your creditability, not very good in my eyes. If we Trans and IB, were fighting over a mob then why didn’t you refer back to YOUR set of ground rules and say hay yall are fighting over a spawn…. Roll for it.

The fact that IB gave back the loot that dropped is retarded on their end .... I would refer back to the GM’s saying that they spent the time for doing the mob they should keep the loot. l refer back to the first encounter with Mayoung Mistmore that mob did not work properly, IB was allowed to keep said Dagger am I wrong? This is the mentality Trans had when we were fighting Vox without an AE. So stop hateing on everything that doesn’t work right. You use the excuse that you are testing, then why was the loot, as you so put it “Given back”? You should have taken the loot and reported the problem and then referred back to the Mayoung incident. I have to side with Koan on this one BAD CALL on the GM’s part... seems to me Nilbog is letting the feuding guild leaders of IB and TRANS run this server, not him and his GM’S.

Let the flaming commence fell free to rip it apart I don't give a F U C K.

Soulfighter
02-07-2010, 01:45 AM
our guild voted that all loot be taken

no shit , Inny was bugged , therefor you should not have the legit loot and decided neither should we. But yeah we can make it sounds like you're the good guys.

RyoGTO
02-07-2010, 01:45 AM
Well, Now that IB got their Inno... Do we get our Maestro loot back?

Dabamf
02-07-2010, 01:55 AM
no shit , Inny was bugged , therefor you should not have the legit loot and decided neither should we. But yeah we can make it sounds like you're the good guys.

Inny was bugged, so they shoulda repopped him for us. They didn't take our loot because he was bugged, they took it because nilbog for some reason thinks that when 2 guilds compete for a mob and tibador whines about nothing, that he needs to get involved.

And we didn't get 2nd inny kill either. Rogean removed loot because he shouldn't have spawned apparently.

I'm still confused why Inny is not allowed to be killed for a week. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Soulfighter
02-07-2010, 01:58 AM
btw i'd like to clear something, the 30 min call thing is supposed to be used when only one raid force is at the target, we were both at the raid target, we should have /randomed if i read the rules correctly. Any thoughts on that ?

ps: Stop the trains in poh, it's not fun anymore, pretty please.

Salty
02-07-2010, 02:09 AM
Turn pvp on in zone, and fix the damn encounters!~

Pheer
02-07-2010, 02:13 AM
btw i'd like to clear something, the 30 min call thing is supposed to be used when only one raid force is at the target, we were both at the raid target, we should have /randomed if i read the rules correctly. Any thoughts on that ?

ps: Stop the trains in poh, it's not fun anymore, pretty please.

Your guild is the one who made the 30 min call, there was no contact that im aware of about who gets the spawn. I don't see why you guys are getting pissed at gms or us for the retarded decisions your guild leaders are making. Its pretty fucking hilarious to see you trans members in here bitching out nilbog and rogean for maestro loot being taken away when it was your own leader/members' decision to involve the gms with your whining and crying about how you should get raid mobs handed to you because you zoned in 10 seconds before us.

You do realize you guys trained us accidently just as many times as we accidently trained you right?

This zone isnt like fear, you cant see the mobs coming from a mile away. One wrong step and that whole corner of the city is running around camp. Also inny likes to step in if you even set foot on a certain elevation of the zone wall, hes very anal about keeping the wall clear.

Rofl we had nothing to do with the decision for your items to get removed, your leaders just decided to play chicken with us and were assuming we wouldnt sacrifice our loot from inny to prevent you guys from getting content handed to you on a silver platter. Once again, you should be asking your guild leadership why they do the stupid shit they do, not us. We killed inny last night and he wasnt dting or AEing so we called nilbog in ourself and offered up the loot assuming that he would respawn it so we could give the real thing a try. Instead he was intercepted by transcendence members and had to hold their hand and try to make them stop crying like little babies.

The ultimatum nilbog gave both guilds was the direct result of your leadership's actions, theres no disputing it. You have nobody to blame about maestro's loot but them.

Soulfighter
02-07-2010, 02:21 AM
You do realize you guys trained us accidently just as many times as we accidently trained you right?

yesterday there was 3 trains, hard to divide that by 2, we say these 3 belong to you, you say 1 belong to us, ok fine, i don't really care about it anyway.
Today there was 2 trains or maybe more i don't know i was to busy raising my /q skill, you trained inny at entrance,i say there were your trains but some of your members apologized and said it was not intentional, fine i believe it and i don't mind, most of us made it with /q anyway.
I'm just asking for no more trains :p

regarding the 30min call i was talking about today poh raid.

Pheer
02-07-2010, 02:32 AM
yesterday there was 3 trains, hard to divide that by 2, we say these 3 belong to you, you say 1 belong to us, ok fine, i don't really care about it anyway.
Today there was 2 trains or maybe more i don't know i was to busy raising my /q skill, you trained inny at entrance,i say there were your trains but some of your members apologized and said it was not intentional, fine i believe it and i don't mind, most of us made it with /q anyway.
I'm just asking for no more trains :p

regarding the 30min call i was talking about today poh raid.

There was no contact, we ran up the ramp -> your guild made the call. How are you going to blame us for that? They didnt even try to make us roll for it or anything, that was your leadership's decision. Talk. To. THEM.

The trains today were the faults of both guilds. The very first one happened when we were out on the wall. We were buffing up and all the sudden one of your guild's mage pets (looked like falisaty's) went blazing past us at sow speed and feared with mobs tailing it. It ran down the wall to the corner, rounded up half a dozen mobs or so then dragged them all back (through our camp no less) and to you guys. By the time we realized the size of the train forming your guild was mostly /camped or /q'd, as there was about 7 of them even left in the zone, so don't even try to blame that shit on us since your guild obviously knew it was coming before we even did.

Then there was our acccidental train pulling inny through the ceiling, our bad. It raped the shit out of us and somehow agro'd you guys wherever you were too.

Both guilds recover from that, trans recovers and gets antsy then charges out towards the fountain/bottom of ramp and gets more than they can handle, wipe + train on us.

At this point both guilds are doing extensive corpse recovering and trains keep popping in and out all over the place wiping out the people who get back in from both guilds, then trans manages to get back to a safe spot while we continue to die to trains due to being in a bad spot. We move the people left and drag to a safer spot, get all set up, then trans heads out to the fountain. We recover fully and head to the fountain then up the ramp past transcendence's camp, your guild makes the 30 minute call. We kill inny then move back downstairs and start killing trash, later on transcendence starts wiping to trash and one of the last trannies alive (modus) runs the whole train over to us where we're killing trash and dies. We tear the train apart and continue on clearing the zone.

Thats a full account of all the trains that happened tonight from an IB member's perspective, take it as you will. Trains WILL happen in hate, its just how that zone is. Might as well get used to it now cause even if your guild is in the zone alone you can expect to get occasional trains.

karsten
02-07-2010, 04:05 AM
i'd support that description of the chain of events actually

Dabamf
02-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Hate is so totally fucked with agro and trains, shit will come out of no where and skull fuck you without notice. It's beautiful and the closest classic raid zone replication on this server (minus charming ability again, and ghasts fearing 100x more than they should).

Truth be told, we probably caused more trains than trannies did. But if you think that every single train that you can't account for must have been caused by the other guild, you're fooling yourself. In college I'd always bitch and complain about people leaving dishes in the sink. Then when I lived alone I'd think "how the hell did I get so many dishes in the sink?" not realizing that a lot of those dishes I had complained about were actually mine and I just forgot about them. That's how trains are. Especially when mere proximity to the ceiling or an adjacent house can cause some weird pathing and epic train, and no one even knows how.

tl:dr: Trains happen in hate, and they skullfuck you, and often it's your own fault and you just don't know it.

Daydrem
02-07-2010, 08:50 AM
It was me.. I used my mind powers while Divinity was killing Naggy to cause trains in Hate. fear me.

Reiker
02-07-2010, 08:54 AM
Tiki, what are you doing back here? Weren't you banned a while ago?

Tiki got banned as part of the great Fugly Account Hack Cover Up scandal of 2010, but who says I actually ever left P99?

Jify
02-07-2010, 01:17 PM
TWe kill inny then move back downstairs and start killing trash, later on transcendence starts wiping to trash and one of the last trannies alive (modus) runs the whole train over to us where we're killing trash and dies. We tear the train apart and continue on clearing the zone.

I've got screenies to prove this one! 8)

nalkin
02-07-2010, 03:36 PM
Welp, I'm at a crossroads here. I can't figure out whether most of you should feel privileged/happy that a pair of gauntlets on a fantasy emu server with a population of ~400 is like the biggest concern in your lives, or depressed that this pair of gauntlets essentially derives your happiness.

Either way its pretty hilarious, and even more hilarious when you take a step back and look at all the petty bickering. I can only hope and pray that imaginary loot doesn't dictate my life.

Let me give you a quote:

We're consumers. We are by-products of a lifestyle obsession. Murder, crime, poverty, these things don't concern me. What concerns me are celebrity magazines, television with 500 channels, some guy's name on my underwear. Rogaine, Viagra, Olestra, EQ emu loot.

Oh, and I think I read something about this being the top 3-5 item. Out of curiosity, could someone maybe list the top 5 or top 10 items? Thank ye.

Danth
02-07-2010, 03:52 PM
Your quote is misplaced. This is an EQ-emu forum dedicated to a specific EQ-emu server. Of course folks discuss pertinent issues. What else are we supposed to talk about here, the state of the Russian economy?

Sort of an odd situation we have here. Months ago, people were permitted to keep loot off an encounter that wasn't working correctly....now apparently someone had loot removed when an encounter (Maestro) was apparently working fine.

To an outside observer such as myself, it has shades of 'I'm sick of these people bickering constantly!'

Danth

nalkin
02-07-2010, 04:35 PM
perhaps it was a bit misplaced, but you are right about what was intended. And I do realize why they are upset, and I would be as well, just not to the same degree I don't think. If this were an isolated incident it would be different, but it seems like there is always something they are complaining about.

I am not part of any of these guilds and I think I have met one or two people from each who were all nice. But it seems to me like Divinity is the only top(ish) guild that actually enjoys playing. IB and trans just seem to want the other guilds to lose. It's like they want everything just so the other 350 people can gawk at how uber they are. My point is, if you want to inflate your ego and impress your peers so much, then there are better ways to accomplish that than on a 400 person emu server on the internet.

Clayton
02-07-2010, 04:43 PM
I don't need to impress my peers on a 350 person emu server.

You should look up P50 on Evony, we were kind of a big deal.

Otis
02-07-2010, 04:50 PM
Ha Evony? The game that advertises with pictures of half-naked women that aren't even in a fantasy setting?

drplump
02-07-2010, 04:54 PM
Oh, and I think I read something about this being the top 3-5 item. Out of curiosity, could someone maybe list the top 5 or top 10 items? Thank ye.

http://archive.gamespy.com/top10/november00/eqitems/

RyoGTO
02-07-2010, 05:45 PM
And I do realize why they are upset, and I would be as well, just not to the same degree I don't think. If this were an isolated incident it would be different, but it seems like there is always something they are complaining about.

this is the first time I have expressed being upset on these forums or "complained" as you put it, ill assume you mean my guild? which I am not responsible for... this is the first time (and i hope the last time) I have ever had my loot taken away from me after a legit kill (or any kill) and it just happened to be an item that was pretty much the best thing I could have ever gotten for my character (at least for a fairly long time). so yeah, it's upsetting. that's good if you somehow would not be as upset as me, but I don't see any value in adding that to this forum post.

TheDudeAbides
02-07-2010, 06:09 PM
Welp, I'm at a crossroads here. I can't figure out whether most of you should feel privileged/happy that a pair of gauntlets on a fantasy emu server with a population of ~400 is like the biggest concern in your lives, or depressed that this pair of gauntlets essentially derives your happiness.

Either way its pretty hilarious, and even more hilarious when you take a step back and look at all the petty bickering. I can only hope and pray that imaginary loot doesn't dictate my life.

Let me give you a quote:

We're consumers. We are by-products of a lifestyle obsession. Murder, crime, poverty, these things don't concern me. What concerns me are celebrity magazines, television with 500 channels, some guy's name on my underwear. Rogaine, Viagra, Olestra, EQ emu loot.

Get over yourself

Regardless if its an emu server or not, to level up a toon in classic EQ and do raids takes work man. If you want to project your own feelings into the situation and minimize it, thats on YOU, but don't minimize other people's hard work. I mean seriously.

Who the hell are you? That's right. Nobody

Clayton
02-07-2010, 06:17 PM
Who the hell are you? That's right. Nobody

Whoa hey dude, he was a member of P50 on Evony. We're kind of a big deal okay?

Aaron
02-08-2010, 12:13 AM
I don't need to impress my peers on a 350 person emu server.

You should look up P50 on Evony, we were kind of a big deal.

Hah. Loser.

Scrooge
02-08-2010, 12:55 AM
Hah. Loser.

I think he was being sarcastic there...

Finawin
02-08-2010, 02:48 AM
I've never even heard of that shit game until just now. That must show how bad it is.

Icecometus
02-08-2010, 07:00 AM
Man Koan that is a fucking tragic raid experience. I am so sorry, you are the last person who should face such a loss.

Dabamf
02-08-2010, 07:16 AM
Lets hold a candlelight vigil

The Situation
02-08-2010, 12:04 PM
I don't understand what went down, but I quoted a part that seems to say that you'd rather nobody gets any loot over Trans having a chance to have all the loot and IB with nothing. Is that right?

Is this not greed as well?

"I'd rather nobody gets anything rather than there be a chance that Trans gets it all."

Taluvill
02-08-2010, 12:07 PM
Is this not greed as well?

"I'd rather nobody gets anything rather than there be a chance that Trans gets it all."

Thats exactly what happened

The Situation
02-08-2010, 12:22 PM
At the same time, it's fucking retarded for Trans to think they're entitled to both mobs and all the loot.

Seems to me that the leaders of IB and the leaders of Trans are both selfish assholes.

ETA: As an outsider, it seems to me that the leaders of Trans are in the bigger wrong here by far. But really, nilbog should have told everyone to stfu while he took care of real problems.

Otto
02-08-2010, 01:32 PM
At the same time, it's fucking retarded for Trans to think they're entitled to both mobs and all the loot.

Seems to me that the leaders of IB and the leaders of Trans are both selfish assholes.

ETA: As an outsider, it seems to me that the leaders of Trans are in the bigger wrong here by far. But really, nilbog should have told everyone to stfu while he took care of real problems.

Eh. Some may see me as a greedy asshole, though I'd tend to disagree.

Either way, I agree with your last statement. The situation was as cut and dry as they come. The same thing happened (except this time I made sure to tell Tibador that we are engaging) the second day hate was open and yet loot was taken away again.

Don't think the problem is on either guilds behalf this time around.

Shads
02-08-2010, 01:40 PM
Not much incentive to stay here... I like raiding and if this is how shit is handled, whats the point?

I love the classic feel of this server, fucking ass holes and duche bags are doing there best to ruin it for us all. Thanks.

Yoite
02-08-2010, 01:41 PM
wow! this is why i quit raiding on Yoite and have been lvling an alt. good luck with this nonsense...

Hasbinbad
02-08-2010, 01:53 PM
Not much incentive to stay here...
Then please leave. No seriously..
Post on these forums with your intent to quit the game.
Unplug your computer from the wall.
Unplug your peripherals from your computer.
Pack your computer and it's peripherals into the original boxes.
Load these packed boxes into a car.
Arrive at the store where you bought your computer.
Attempt to get your money back.
Pursue other hobbies.

Seriously.
I like raiding and if this is how shit is handled, whats the point?
There is no point, so you should leave.
duche
The process of washing a vagina is to "douche," not to "duche." I think this applies directly to you, because by your irritability I can deduce that your vagina is dirty. Please familiarize yourself with more douche products (if you have been buying "duche," you're getting ripped off) in the future so that we don't have this issue again.

Shads
02-08-2010, 02:01 PM
Then please leave. No seriously..
Post on these forums with your intent to quit the game.
Unplug your computer from the wall.
Unplug your peripherals from your computer.
Pack your computer and it's peripherals into the original boxes.
Load these packed boxes into a car.
Arrive at the store where you bought your computer.
Attempt to get your money back.
Pursue other hobbies.

Seriously.

There is no point, so you should leave.

The process of washing a vagina is to "douche," not to "duche." I think this applies directly to you, because by your irritability I can deduce that your vagina is dirty. Please familiarize yourself with more douche products (if you have been buying "duche," you're getting ripped off) in the future so that we don't have this issue again.

How about you adress the fucking problem rather than my spelling. This is the fucking internet spelling means jack shit.

Second My comp has nothing to do with this server. Quiting this server would have nothing to do with taking my comp anywhere.

Third being so familiar with "douche" products implies that you use them often. So you must have a clean vagina, so go fuck your self.

Trimm
02-08-2010, 02:09 PM
You must have a clean vagina, so go fuck your self.

Alright, that one made me laugh.

Otto
02-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Alright, that one made me laugh.

seconded

Reiker
02-08-2010, 03:41 PM
Shads for President 2012

axius
02-08-2010, 03:51 PM
thread is won

SwordNboard
02-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Not much incentive to stay here... I like raiding and if this is how shit is handled, whats the point?

I love the classic feel of this server, fucking ass holes and duche bags are doing there best to ruin it for us all. Thanks.

As right as you are, it's not even the douche bags most of the time unless they exploit or dupe. It's the GM intervention that makes it saddening. Raid rules? Seriously? What about when 2 guilds wanted a mob? They both fought it and whoever got loot, got loot. If people train mobs on each other for it, then so be it; see you next week. Let the players get shitty at each other, not cry to GMs. GM intervention once started, is a slippery slope. It forces them to interact, talk, and get attached/favor certain players/guilds and later causes spoiling. I vote for no God Hands.

Hasbinbad
02-08-2010, 09:10 PM
you must have a clean vagina, so go fuck your self.
I do baby, often and at great length. ;) You should try, mebbe you wouldn't be so upset!

Dabamf
02-08-2010, 11:26 PM
As right as you are, it's not even the douche bags most of the time unless they exploit or dupe. It's the GM intervention that makes it saddening. Raid rules? Seriously? What about when 2 guilds wanted a mob? They both fought it and whoever got loot, got loot. If people train mobs on each other for it, then so be it; see you next week. Let the players get shitty at each other, not cry to GMs. GM intervention once started, is a slippery slope. It forces them to interact, talk, and get attached/favor certain players/guilds and later causes spoiling. I vote for no God Hands.

GMs should get involved when griefing comes into play. Intentional training, KSing, etc. This isn't sullon zek. But, since there was absolutely no griefing going on, you are right. GM intervention in that case was just absurd and made 0 sense.

Take 2 runners, the gun goes off and both race around the track and one runner wins. The loser then tells the judge "hey, that's not fair he won, I wanted to win." So the judge tells the winning team "you guys have to decide who gets to win. Either you both win, you flip a coin, or no one wins and you race again next week."

How much sense does that make?

Jify
02-09-2010, 12:50 AM
GMs should get involved when griefing comes into play. Intentional training, KSing, etc. This isn't sullon zek. But, since there was absolutely no griefing going on, you are right. GM intervention in that case was just absurd and made 0 sense.

Take 2 runners, the gun goes off and both race around the track and one runner wins. The loser then tells the judge "hey, that's not fair he won, I wanted to win." So the judge tells the winning team "you guys have to decide who gets to win. Either you both win, you flip a coin, or no one wins and you race again next week."

Best analogy ever.

RyoGTO
02-09-2010, 01:17 AM
it makes no sense, and we should get our loot back >_<

SwordNboard
02-09-2010, 02:03 AM
Yeah, not the best analogy because it should not be that way to begin with. TONS of griefing went on back in the way day and people got over it. GMs might as well temp ban the guilds while the one on rotation raids. If you're gonna interfere at least do it right. :D

On a serious note, it should just be FFA. If a guild trains/griefs another to get their way then you lose, stay out of zone and get your corpses later. Eventually guilds will form their own rotations and agreements after getting sick of the BS. If you keep trying to contest a certain boss and keep dying to train/griefing then it's obvious you shouldn't be competing that week.

Do you think when man first wanted to stand against chaos and savagery they cried to God for government/tribal organizations/leadership? No, they did it themselves. That's an analogy.

Hasbinbad
02-09-2010, 02:30 AM
This.

drplump
02-09-2010, 04:54 AM
Enable the /guildwar command. Then if 2 guilds are in a zone with a SPAWNED raid target and one guild challenges the other to a guildwars and they decline then they must leave the zone and forfeit rights to that target. The /guildwar command should only work/enable pvp in zones that have raid targets actively spawned and should automatically deactivate once the target is dead.

Once that is in place just make all targets FFA. Keep in mind the guild doesn't have to kill the entire other guild just accept the challenge and hold off the other guild long enough to kill their target.

This eliminates all BS because it uses a built in hard coded system and removes all opinion. IF a guild is outside innys spawn in hate it doesnt matter that another guild ports in and challenges them because they could easily kill inny and leave before they make it to them especially if you send a team after them to slow them down. Hell if guilds wanna whine about pvp make the guildwar take half an hour to take effect.

sociald187
02-09-2010, 05:31 AM
can't we all just get along?

Aaron
02-09-2010, 09:56 AM
wow! this is why i quit raiding on Yoite and have been lvling an alt. good luck with this nonsense...

/cheer Stickybuds

Jadian
02-09-2010, 04:47 PM

About as much sense as the guy who starts the race being in the guild (Oops I mean on the team, we're using an analogy!) of one of the runners and not telling the other runners they're racing.

yaaaflow
02-09-2010, 04:52 PM
Hate was globally announced when it was opened, and both Trans and IB were ready to zone in the moment it happened (I think there were 20 people in zone within 3 minutes of hate being open). Your post makes no sense, Jadian.

The race started the moment the gun was fired, and both racers knew about it.

Ektar
02-09-2010, 04:57 PM
3 minutes.. more like 30 seconds

Dabamf
02-09-2010, 08:27 PM
About as much sense as the guy who starts the race being in the guild (Oops I mean on the team, we're using an analogy!) of one of the runners and not telling the other runners they're racing.

Ways to know that you are competing with someone else:

(1)They tell you
(2)You are raiding in classic EQ

drplump
02-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Why don't we just have 1 person race on the track at a time that way everyone who races wins. I mean its an 8 lane track but who cares I don't like racing anyway just winning. Lets build 8 tracks and let everyone race on their own or have more then 1 race a week. How about we play soccer of baseball. Wait is this a sex analogy?

Tristin
02-10-2010, 01:43 AM
...or we could all just be men about it

Daydrem
02-10-2010, 04:49 AM
...or we could all just be men about it

Ahem..

Ektar
02-10-2010, 05:32 AM
Ahem..

Yeah, that's right!

You too, sweetcheeks!

Soulfighter
02-10-2010, 08:01 AM
Ways to know that you are competing with someone else:

(1)They tell you
(2)You are raiding in classic EQ

except it's 11 years later, it does not make any senses anymore (no glory in killing that stuff anymore, it's all figured out). Most of us are here because of the nostalgia and just want to kill some old bosses together. Some other people , unfortunatly, are from pvp server and want to experience pvp again; or even worse, want everyone to aknowledge they're EQ133tPr0 even if it ruins other people experience.

Finawin
02-10-2010, 08:06 AM
Knocking someone's reasons for being here?

Pretentious much?

Soulfighter
02-10-2010, 08:21 AM
Knocking someone's reasons for being here?

Pretentious much?

no not really, i know that for a fact, lot of players come from pvp servers and really want to pvp (they said it)

As for the eq133tpr0 thing, just read some post around or read /ooc , you'll see how pathetic they look when they say everyone else are noobs. (geez they looks like cs 13year old players)

What would be a real hypothesis you might consider pretentious is that i think some of them somehow failed at being good at something IRL and saw a second chance when p1999 opened because they were probably bragging around during these last 5-9 years about how hard eq was and how good they were at it.

But that would be pretentious so nevermind.

Finawin
02-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Don't quit your day job, Freud.

Kuldiin
02-10-2010, 08:34 AM
Most of us are here because of the nostalgia and just want to kill some old bosses together.

Amazing how many people just dont get this.

Alprazolam
02-10-2010, 09:01 AM
Honestly, Why argue about it?
We all have our own agenda here, some are here to compete with others at the bleeding edge of the server this is what we consider nostalgia.
Sadly I just got here and need to play catch up :) .
People can call that elitism but its just another form of fun.
This game was really competitive and hard back in the old days. (Unless I was just 15 and thought it was?) That is what every MMO has been missing since EQ. Challenge, Competition and Drama. And that is what I'm here for.

If you are here to sit back and enjoy some old nostalgic boss killing noone is going to stop you or make fun of you for that. Jusy fall behind the curve and away from the bleeding edge a bit to avoid that drama.

Shads
02-10-2010, 09:11 AM
That is what every MMO has been missing since EQ. Challenge, Competition and Drama.

Competition = Training, Leap frogging, petitioning and acting like your 12?

I never seen this much drama in classic, maybe cause I wasn't on a PvP server?

Finawin
02-10-2010, 09:13 AM
If you didn't see this much drama you weren't in a guild competing for anything.

Shads
02-10-2010, 09:16 AM
If you didn't see this much drama you weren't in a guild competing for anything.

I was in Blood of Ro on solusek ro. We had what people call respect for the other guilds on the server and they had respect for ours. Try it...

Alprazolam
02-10-2010, 09:18 AM
I don't agree with Training
I don't have anything against Leap Frogging, though i would never do it myself. (That is if you mean moving Guild to Guild to get what you need to advance) Its just how some people get ahead and it is sadly a mechanic IRL as well :).
And I despise acting like your 12, yeeuk I even hated being 12...

As for the drama it seems about the same. We just took it out on people in game instead of a forum lol.

Finawin
02-10-2010, 09:19 AM
*shrug* I'm just saying, if you didn't compete with a guild you didn't see drama. That's the only way it never happened.

If you were doing Kunark content in Luclin then yes, you probably didn't see any competition or drama.

Shads
02-10-2010, 09:22 AM
*shrug* I'm just saying, if you didn't compete with a guild you didn't see drama. That's the only way it never happened.

If you were doing Kunark content in Luclin then yes, you probably didn't see any competition or drama.

We competed with the top guilds on the server, those guilds being Paradigm and Magna Carta we seen drama of course, to this extent? Never.

Finawin
02-10-2010, 09:33 AM
This isn't even that bad lol

Shads
02-10-2010, 09:40 AM
Just saying on Sol Ro I don't recall guilds ever Leap frogging or Training eachother. Maybe once or twice and in those cases said guilds even helped CR eachother and moved on. I raided everything from original through plain of time as they came out. Like I said maybe the greifing comes from pvp servers or other servers that didn't have guild leaders that got along so well. The amount of drama I have seen here has surpassed almost every game I have played.

Then again maybe I'm just lucky enough to have avoided the drama in the passed :p

Finawin
02-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Yeah, extremely lucky.

I played on the nameless and this is tame.

Hasbinbad
02-10-2010, 10:00 AM
Most of us are here because of the nostalgia and just want to kill some old bosses together.
This I can get down with. I totally agree, nostalgia is why I'm here. The level of thought and care that went into a game of this level is worth experiencing again. The fact that the low pop makes it far easier to be in the top tier is comforting to someone like me, a softcore carebear compared to the glorious and intrepid warriors of the past.
except it's 11 years later, it does not make any senses anymore (no glory in killing that stuff anymore, it's all figured out).
I just don't understand how this is coming from the same person that spoke fondly of nostalgia. If you ever played everquest, you know that knowing the strategies is only half the battle. You have to actually marshall the proper resources to make those strategies realities and thusly attain glory despite your poo-pooing. If you're feelin' froggy, then by all means leap! Terrified, alone, in the plane of hate - if not properly prepared, you will very soon be left with the most classic aspect of this game, emulated perfectly here:

LOADING.. PLEASE WAIT.
What would be a real hypothesis you might consider pretentious is that i think some of them somehow failed at being good at something IRL and saw a second chance when p1999 opened because they were probably bragging around during these last 5-9 years about how hard eq was and how good they were at it.
This gets my vote for most ridiculous run-on sentence ever. I think some of you somehow failed at being good at something IRL called skool.

Shads
02-10-2010, 10:12 AM
I know people that bring home 6 figures and never passed the tenth grade :p

Oh wait back on topic, nostalgia, bosses, drama, training, competition and all that shit, yeah let the good times roll...

Soulfighter
02-10-2010, 12:50 PM
This gets my vote for most ridiculous run-on sentence ever. I think some of you somehow failed at being good at something IRL called skool.

How many tongues can you speak as well i speak english ?
That's right, it's not my natal tongue. I suggest YOU go back to skool or at least take a bit more time to think about you're saying before stating such things.

edit: thank dabamf

Dabamf
02-10-2010, 12:53 PM
How many tongues can you speak as good i speak english ?

well

Malrubius
02-10-2010, 01:39 PM
I just don't understand how this is coming from the same person that spoke fondly of nostalgia. If you ever played everquest, you know that knowing the strategies is only half the battle. You have to actually marshall the proper resources to make those strategies realities and thusly attain glory despite your poo-pooing. If you're feelin' froggy, then by all means leap! Terrified, alone, in the plane of hate - if not properly prepared, you will very soon be left with the most classic aspect of this game, emulated perfectly here:

LOADING.. PLEASE WAIT.

QFT

If you feel that you cannot acheive glory in this game just because it is old, then you are not playing it right.

Anytime you are deep in a dungeon with a small group (or solo, or even in a raid)...and you are balanced on the razor's edge as the battle ebbs and flows...and it begins to look bleak.

And then, through perserverance or a desperate change of strategy or sheer luck, the tide begins to slowly turn. You then begin to hope that just maybe...just maybe...you (and your close-knit team that is now operating like a machine) might just pull it off.

And you do.

That's where the glory is. It doesn't matter if the game is 10 or 100 years old. Glory is glory. Even in a dumb old computer game.

Reiyz
02-10-2010, 01:44 PM
OH GUYS MY SERVER DRAMA WAS BETTER THEN UR SERVER DRAMA

The Situation
02-10-2010, 01:54 PM
Anytime you are deep in a dungeon with a small group (or solo, or even in a raid)...and you are balanced on the razor's edge as the battle ebbs and flows...and it begins to look bleak.

And then, through perserverance or a desperate change of strategy or sheer luck, the tide begins to slowly turn. You then begin to hope that just maybe...just maybe...you (and your close-knit team that is now operating like a machine) might just pull it off.

Bwhahahaha!

Rhalous
02-10-2010, 03:31 PM
If you feel that you cannot acheive glory in this game just because it is old, then you are not playing it right.

That's where the glory is. It doesn't matter if the game is 10 or 100 years old. Glory is glory. Even in a dumb old computer game.

Malr, I don't know who you are, but I like you. I love classic EQ and the experiences I've had here so far have been great.
This game requires a lot of time and in-game resources if you want to be competitive, and I really really like healthy competition. The rush you get when you are racing someone to a spawn is awesome. However, just like when you play sports, sometimes people get emotional. It is just part of competing. I am staying out of the drama, but everyone can expect a lot of end game healthy competition from Div.

Otto
02-10-2010, 06:52 PM
I am staying out of the drama, but everyone can expect a lot of end game healthy competition from Div.

That is boner tastic right there

Uaellaen
02-10-2010, 07:14 PM
boneriffic!

karsten
02-10-2010, 09:26 PM
reaganomics!

Aaron
02-10-2010, 10:06 PM
And you end-gamers better watch your back for Crimson Coalition. All 5 of us. We're coming for your lewts!

Dabamf
02-10-2010, 10:28 PM
no not really, i know that for a fact, lot of players come from pvp servers and really want to pvp (they said it)

As for the eq133tpr0 thing, just read some post around or read /ooc , you'll see how pathetic they look when they say everyone else are noobs. (geez they looks like cs 13year old players)

But that would be pretentious so nevermind.
I like EQ to compete in the end-game and win. Reliving EQ for me isn't about conquering 11 year old content, its about beating others to that 11 year old content. Without the competition it's just boring. Any guild these days, given time, can beat any encounter. It's not about the mystery or the difficulty of figuring out the encounters. It's about perfecting them more than your competition.

End game classic EQ, these days, without competition, is like running in a 1 man race. You know what to expect and you are gonna get to your destination no matter what, but what's the point?

That is how I view this server.

I like EQ to compete with other people. You like EQ to relive glory days. Legollas likes EQ to make stupid names and be hated the instant he clicks "create character." Guineapig likes EQ to be annoying as humanly possible on the forums. Karsten likes EQ to cyber manginas. Dryde likes EQ to be the first to farm 200 yaks. Gmge likes EQ to see how many corpses he can collect in oot. Hasbinbad likes EQ to troll transcendence. Goobles doesn't like EQ, but he must hate his life more.

Your way isn't better than anyone else's.

Shut up.

Zexa
02-10-2010, 10:45 PM
And you end-gamers better watch your back for Crimson Coalition. All 5 of us. We're coming for your lewts!

Where did you get that guild name?

Please tell!

RyoGTO
02-10-2010, 11:51 PM
I don't know perhaps I'm the only person who is playing because it is fun, not because it WAS fun, but because it still is. Who cares about nostalgia, that goes so far but if it wasn't a good game there would be no point. I'm not tuning into Sesame Street to relive my happy days as a kid cuz it would be pretty damn nostalgic. Honestly, I play classic EQ because it is the only good MMO out, the rest I have tried and hated. After all this time, classic EQ isn't just good for 11 years ago, it is still good today. Infact it is still the best imo.

SwordNboard
02-11-2010, 12:12 AM
Getting off topic.

RyoGTO
02-11-2010, 12:13 AM
Getting off topic.

just a bit.

but it doesn't seem the GMs are going to be giving the item back, despite the fact that it makes no sense and there's no rules supporting why they took it away.

Dabamf
02-11-2010, 12:32 AM
just a bit.

but it doesn't seem the GMs are going to be giving the item back, despite the fact that it makes no sense and there's no rules supporting why they took it away.

Maybe you missed the part where 5 people told you that your guild leader voluntarily forfeited your item. This isn't speculation or random accusation. That is how it happened. The GM in question even said so. Instead of Trannies having Maestro and IB having Inny, as the race played out originally, your guild leader chose to forfeit Maestro loot rather than accept defeat on Inny.

At least focus your complaining at the proper target.

Otto
02-11-2010, 12:42 AM
Maybe you missed the part where 5 people told you that your guild leader voluntarily forfeited your item. This isn't speculation or random accusation. That is how it happened. The GM in question even said so. Instead of Trannies having Maestro and IB having Inny, as the race played out originally, your guild leader chose to forfeit Maestro loot rather than accept defeat on Inny.

May want to take a step back and realize who the real baddies are on this server... See quote.

Ektar
02-11-2010, 03:12 AM
QFT

And you do.

Was fighting some mana draining boss in ntov on live. My guild sucked, so it was post luclin, and all the clerics got their mana drained near the end of the fight. The guild had given up. But then I whipped out my soulfire... I LoHed the tank, then used all 5 charges of CH. I then used Act of Valor on the tank (for those who don't know, that's a pally AA that kills you and gives your target your HP). The wurm then died while I was LOADING... PLEASE WAITing

Now that's glory~

What? on topic? right. God damn the baddies!

Bodeanicus
02-11-2010, 06:16 AM
Don't quit your day job, Freud.

Keep being a cunt. You're just as irrelevant here as you are in game. But then again, playing this game requires skill. We're all really impressed really. Now go take a fucking bath, and stop sitting in front of the computer 12 hours a day.

Finawin
02-11-2010, 07:41 AM
Someone is mad who wasn't involved with the discussion at all. lol

guineapig
02-11-2010, 09:10 AM
Was fighting some mana draining boss in ntov on live. My guild sucked, so it was post luclin, and all the clerics got their mana drained near the end of the fight. The guild had given up. But then I whipped out my soulfire... I LoHed the tank, then used all 5 charges of CH. I then used Act of Valor on the tank (for those who don't know, that's a pally AA that kills you and gives your target your HP). The wurm then died while I was LOADING... PLEASE WAITing

I have to admit that ^this^ is a truly badass story and I don't mean it in the "cool story bro" sort of way. ;)

That's the kind of shit I always loved about EQ. :D

/threadjack off

Tibador
02-11-2010, 09:24 AM

No maybe you missed your guild leader saying he was involved in the conversation with the gm as well, as it was not one sided i don't care how much you want to spin it there was 3 people involved Otto Nilbog and myself.

Otto you know dam well i was in contact with you from the min you zoned into hate up until you pulled Inno without rolling, which should of happened because we both zoned in at around the same time.

Because you just ignored me, fed me bullshit lines etc, nothing was ever worked out, so ya we did not want you to get inno and maestro while we just twiddled our thumbs so we moved to maestro and waited for GM to get involved which did not happen till after your kill.

No i did not wish to have loot taken away from Koan that was Nilbogs decision after talking with both of us whether right or wrong in my eyes that is what took place as we could not come to agreement.

You know Otto you really should go into politics you really have a gift for spinning the truth.

Pheer
02-11-2010, 09:47 AM
No maybe you missed your guild leader saying he was involved in the conversation with the gm as well, as it was not one sided i don't care how much you want to spin it there was 3 people involved Otto Nilbog and myself.

Otto you know dam well i was in contact with you from the min you zoned into hate up until you pulled Inno without rolling, which should of happened because we both zoned in at around the same time.

Because you just ignored me, fed me bullshit lines etc, nothing was ever worked out, so ya we did not want you to get inno and maestro while we just twiddled our thumbs so we moved to maestro and waited for GM to get involved which did not happen till after your kill.

No i did not wish to have loot taken away from Koan that was Nilbogs decision after talking with both of us whether right or wrong in my eyes that is what took place as we could not come to agreement.

You know Otto you really should go into politics you really have a gift for spinning the truth.

Roll for the raid mob at the entrance? Are you retarded? Youre only supposed to roll for a raid mob if both guilds arrive *at the raid mob* at the same time. This isnt a fucking port in and you win the zone type thing.

And the fact remains youd still have your own loot if you hadn't cried like a baby. Funny thing is maestro isnt ae'ing properly and the thing you petitioned is being upset about not getting both mobs, while we're reporting our mob not working correctly. Interesting how you try to act like you are so honorable in comparison to us even though you keep quiet when you get an easy kill.

drplump
02-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Lets be honest if 2 guilds zone in to hate (cast spell wow) at the same time you could just settle it by first with 15 on 2nd floor. For Naggy first with 15 at FG staging area. Vox first with 15 in gathered in realistic staging area (not the zoneline). The only zone that should even be tricky is plane of fear since you have to kill all the mobs.

If you want to argue its first with 15 in zone I am going to make this offer anytime I see a raid target on track target on track. If naggy spawns and there is 24 random level 30-45 players leveling and I zone in and see naggy up on track whats to stop me from talking to 14 random scrubs and offering them roll on any "need" items that drop for them. All they have to do is join me in instantly claiming the target for 30 minutes they dont even have to fight the raid target. I can get my whole guild in there in that time. Then anytime a tracker sees a target spawned he can basically claim it by himself in the name of his guild instantly.

Trimm
02-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Words.

Missed you in Hate last night, it started off as a 3-way clear with 80 people in the zone. Good times.

Segoris
02-11-2010, 11:29 AM
Good times.

As a non-puller, it was pretty damn boring.

axius
02-11-2010, 12:06 PM
well can we all at least agree that 10 posts per page on these forums is pretty amateur? 15-20 would be better sigh

guineapig
02-11-2010, 02:06 PM
As a non-puller, it was pretty damn boring.

I sat on a slanted wall...

Aaron
02-11-2010, 02:25 PM
well can we all at least agree that 10 posts per page on these forums is pretty amateur? 15-20 would be better sigh

You can change it. Mine is set to 40 posts per page.

RyoGTO
02-13-2010, 06:53 AM
p.s. give me my fucking basoon haste gauntlets back.

sincerely,
a very angry monk

Hasbinbad
02-13-2010, 09:29 AM
p.s. give me my fucking basoon haste gauntlets back.

sincerely,
a very angry monk
There are consequences to doing stuff like whining incessantly that something wasn't fair, when it was in fact more than fair.

You guys got caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

Zero sympathy.

RyoGTO
02-13-2010, 05:10 PM
There are consequences to doing stuff like whining incessantly that something wasn't fair, when it was in fact more than fair.

You guys got caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

Zero sympathy.

ROFL are you kidding me? Where is the rule that says, if someone else in my guild thinks another guild is not following the rules, that a mob that is totally unrelated should have it's loot revoked? That's the most absurd shit I have ever heard.

Or even, where is any such code that says whining about another guild, WHOEVER is doing the whining, results in some random unrelated loot being revoked? Considering the fact that GMs have allowed people to keep loot that they SHOULDN'T have (i.e. Plane of Sky). To take LEGIT loot that was obtained completely fairly and uncontested. Absurd that you will use the word "fair" because if you wanna talk about what is fair, the situation is so far beyond unfair that it is absolutely ludicrous.

How should the actions of a Guild officer AFTER THE FACT affect loot that a MEMBER has obtained during a legitimate kill. The entire reasoning there is bullshit. The concept is beyond fucked up. And the GMs need to fucking grow some balls and stick to the fucking rules THEY laid down rather then stepping in with some bullshit ultimatum that only fucks over the new monk on the raid that had no say in the whole matter.

nilbog
02-13-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by RyoGTO
And the GMs need to fucking grow some balls and stick to the fucking rules THEY laid down rather then stepping in with some bullshit ultimatum that only fucks over the new monk on the raid that had no say in the whole matter.

Ding ding. I'll say it once more.

From the dawn of EQ time, guild leaders or raid leaders spoke to GMs in place of their members in a raid situation. You're barking up the wrong tree.

Salty
02-13-2010, 05:17 PM
Sounds like Trans leadership is pretty retarded.

Dyne
02-13-2010, 05:20 PM
While I truly do sympathize with your situation, I really do, I sincerely doubt that insulting the GMs is going to get you anywhere in this matter.

RyoGTO
02-13-2010, 05:22 PM
Well yeah, but trying to reason with them doesn't seem to make a difference in the world. Nilbog, you should not have ALLOWED such a decision to be made. That is my point. Guild Leaders Should not be able to say "OK if I don't get what I want NO ONE HAS ANY TOYS!!!!" That is such an absurd attitude for Guild Leaders to have that we can only PRAY that Game Masters are there to STOP such behavior from ruling the server.

Since neither Tibador nor Otto should have the right nor the power to revoke no drop loot from someone that had won the loot legitimately.

nilbog
02-13-2010, 05:27 PM
Guild Leaders Should not be able to say "OK if I don't get what I want NO ONE HAS ANY TOYS!!!!" That is such an absurd attitude for Guild Leaders to have that we can only PRAY that Game Masters are there to STOP such behavior from ruling the server.

I can't control what decisions players make.. nor do I want to. Never in my life have I heard a GM blamed for player decisions though lol. I truly sympathize with you Ryo, but don't insult the staff.

edit: Maybe you should ask Otto and Tibador to ask the GMs to return all the loot. Otherwise, this thread will go in rants and flames as it has steadily declined into breaking forum rules.

Dyne
02-13-2010, 05:31 PM
You know, re-reading your original post, you have went from polite concern over the loss of your item to just blinding rage over the fact that you're not going to get your item back over your group leader's decision. I really am sorry that you lost your item, but constantly stomping your foot and throwing a temper tantrum over it is not going to make them change their decision. Besides, you can always get it again another time! It's not the end of the world. :)

RyoGTO
02-13-2010, 05:38 PM
You know, re-reading your original post, you have went from polite concern over the loss of your item to just blinding rage over the fact that you're not going to get your item back over your group leader's decision.

Well yeah it's exactly what is happening. Lol. But that was my point. If being nice wasn't getting it back I was gonna try just "speaking my mind" from how butthurt I really feel about the whole situation.

But yeah, I will talk to Tibador then.

Pheer
02-13-2010, 05:54 PM
ROFL are you kidding me? Where is the rule that says, if someone else in my guild thinks another guild is not following the rules, that a mob that is totally unrelated should have it's loot revoked? That's the most absurd shit I have ever heard.

They got greedy and tried to cry their way into a free innoruuk kill. So sorry you were punished for their retarded decisions but if you're so pissed about it your guildleaders are the ones to talk to.

Or even, where is any such code that says whining about another guild, WHOEVER is doing the whining, results in some random unrelated loot being revoked? Considering the fact that GMs have allowed people to keep loot that they SHOULDN'T have (i.e. Plane of Sky). To take LEGIT loot that was obtained completely fairly and uncontested.

Our mob wasnt working correctly so we gave back our loot to nilbog and reported it, expecting him to reload the script or whatever and pop him again so we could do him correctly, meanwhile you guys killed a maestro who isnt AEing, figured nothing was wrong with that, then petitioned a gm saying we cheated you out of inny even though you were across the zone at maestro. I swear to god its fucking HILARIOUS how you keep trying to blame this on IB.

How should the actions of a Guild officer AFTER THE FACT affect loot that a MEMBER has obtained during a legitimate kill.

As a MEMBER of a guild you are subject to the consequences of the decisions your LEADER makes. You can't just expect to go "hey this is between you guys" in regards to a situation like this.

The entire reasoning there is bullshit. The concept is beyond fucked up. And the GMs need to fucking grow some balls and stick to the fucking rules THEY laid down rather then stepping in with some bullshit ultimatum that only fucks over the new monk on the raid that had no say in the whole matter.

I dont agree with nilbog's decision to interfere either seeing as how nobody broke any rules, but itll teach us to try to be honorable about it when a mob isnt working correctly. Guess from now on we should just take the loot and dip out like trans has EVERY time their mob hasnt worked properly. After all, its not our problem right?

Otto
02-13-2010, 06:06 PM
I can't control what decisions players make.. nor do I want to. Never in my life have I heard a GM blamed for player decisions though lol. I truly sympathize with you Ryo, but don't insult the staff.

edit: Maybe you should ask Otto and Tibador to ask the GMs to return all the loot. Otherwise, this thread will go in rants and flames as it has steadily declined into breaking forum rules.

Nilbog, it was not my choice whether or not loot was taken away. You did thrust that upon us.

What i wanted was for everything to have played out as it did. We got inny, they got maestro, no one gave the other a 30 minute warning. We were at the pull spot before trans, we engaged while they were clearing towards maestro.

You gave us the option that either everyone gets to kill both mobs, we roll for them, or neither of us get the mobs.

There was never an option to keep loot obtained and leave things the way they had happened. That's what I wanted and what I was pushing for from the start.

edit: Maybe he should talk to Tibador to ask the GMs to give back the loot and leave the events played out the way they had.

Salty
02-13-2010, 06:10 PM
It would be easier to only get involved with players when it is a game mechanic issue only~

nilbog
02-13-2010, 06:26 PM
This was discussed in vent. I don't record them, but it went something like:

I gave you guys those options.

I asked if Transcendance was there for the loot, the "glory of the kill", or both. Representative said both. I then asked if their intended target was indeed Innoruuk, they would rather have Innoruuk than Maestro as that was the whole point. Representative agreed.

I asked IB representative the same questions. Representative said they would like to leave it as is. I asked if this satisfied the agreement. Transcendance representative said no.

No one gets anything? Ok then.

The decision for loot was blanketed under the "rather have innoruuk, as it was intended target." If Guild A doesn't get innoruuk, then Guild B doesn't get maestro. Situation still not fixed, as Guild A gets Innoruuk loot, and Guild B gets non-god loot they weren't after to begin with. I can see how this would seem a consolation prize.. and if it was "left as is", it might suggest that they were indeed going after Maestro instead.

Even though I personally felt Maestro loot was superior in this instance, it was irrelevant to what was decided. There's no way I misunderstood this part of it.

I'm still down to give back the loot, to all parties, if both guild leaders agree to this.. as this was part of the initial problem.

And.. by guild leaders, I mean the guild leaders.. no one else's opinions will decide anything. Talk to each other, and get back with me.

There is no point in keeping this thread alive now though, everything is very spelled-out, and a resolution is still possible.

Sooo, Locked.