PDA

View Full Version : Future PvP events

Hobby
02-10-2011, 05:01 PM
Once again I am interested in starting to do the PvP events. I stopped due to lack of interest, and I am hoping it has picked up (yet again).

Anyways let me know your thoughts, if enough people want to do it agian then I will pick it back up..otherwise I'll just file the events away as failed experiements.

DevGrousis
02-10-2011, 05:04 PM
i havent ever been to one ! :D

please do!

JayDee
02-10-2011, 05:09 PM
I have a couple suggestions if I may

1) Make official announcements beforehand so people have time to assemble teams (last minute notice = nobody shows).

2) Maybe have a tournament structure and the winning team (through the course of a week/month/year or w/e) will be granted a non game changing reward like a prefix title.

JayDee
02-10-2011, 05:10 PM
P.S. who would actually be against pvp events when they don't really affect anyone's daily grind ?

azeth
02-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Hobby the sole reason I personally haven't been to a PvP event is that they really require a "primetime" begin time, which 9/10 times = DA raid time.

I would definitely participate if I could though, you do a good job.

Versus
02-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Yerp. I was 18 before. Now 36 and will not get smoked *as easily*

Kassel
02-10-2011, 05:37 PM
I would have participated in the past but we were raiding. A bit of notice so we could plan would have gone a long way to increase participation.

Hobby
02-10-2011, 06:15 PM
I try to keep them during times when raid boss's are not due...the reason i hosted them without warning was due to drinking lol :/ Its hard for me to plan a week in advance though as I have a very sporatic life. Ill try though.

Zigfreed
02-10-2011, 06:35 PM
I would love to participate. Unfortunately I play odddddd hours so won't get to.

Remember, it's not so much about the players fun as it is yours. If you make it about the players fun then every single time those two or three super annoying crap weasels among them are gonna do their best to ruin it for all.

If you make it about your fun.. You get to /kill the crap weasels as soon as they show themselves and then ban them for 8 days and then ignore their "My corpse poofed" petitions.

oldhead
02-10-2011, 06:58 PM
i'd rather you hold small events now and again... transforming yourself into monsters and providing a little lore. Make yourself pvp enabled and let us try to kill and loot you. Dunno cool stuff like that.

I played on Sullen Zek back in the day and even then I never understood pvp in eq. Its designed to be a pve game.

Ezuen
02-10-2011, 07:08 PM
I have a couple suggestions if I may

1) Make official announcements beforehand so people have time to assemble teams (last minute notice = nobody shows).

2) Maybe have a tournament structure and the winning team (through the course of a week/month/year or w/e) will be granted a non game changing reward like a prefix title.

I am more than willing to host a more structured PvP event, such as the royal rumbles that used to be held on live. I would be able to give at least a few hours notice. There wouldn't be any titles or items, but there would be an entrance fee, which would go to money winning of 70% for 1st, 20% for 2nd, and 10% for 3rd. A event for level 46+ would be at least a 1k entrance fee, get enough people and I'm sure a 20k+ pot would draw more people. The only issue is that currently the Arena doesn't have a working door, and hosting it where anyone could come in would be a nightmare for myself.

Wonton
02-11-2011, 08:40 AM
ohhh godd this would be awesome. Could you somehow hold it in a plane, like Plane of Fear? Depop the whole zone for the event, then get everyone out at the end to respawn the zone then watch us scramble for CT. There's your attraction factor, because who wouldn't love to Pvp in plane of fear? AMIRITE?

Dr4z3r
02-11-2011, 10:22 AM
I think PvP events are a great idea, but I think the once-a-week plan was too much.

Shoot for once a month, and you'll probably have better participation, because it will be more unusual.

azeth
02-11-2011, 10:24 AM
ohhh godd this would be awesome. Could you somehow hold it in a plane, like Plane of Fear? Depop the whole zone for the event, then get everyone out at the end to respawn the zone then watch us scramble for CT. There's your attraction factor, because who wouldn't love to Pvp in plane of fear? AMIRITE?

I think this is an amazing idea. PVPing around Hate, or Fear, or Kedge even would be a lot of fun.

Omnimorph
02-11-2011, 10:51 AM
Moar PoT CTF pls!

Oh and seeing as this will be on primetime US time, i'll probably miss it.

Mcbard
02-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Can't you just follow me around and give me Illusion: gnome instead? That makes me so much more happy. :)

Crenshinabon
02-11-2011, 01:34 PM
I would participate if I was not level 15

quido
02-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Hobby the sole reason I personally haven't been to a PvP event is that they really require a "primetime" begin time, which 9/10 times = DA raid time.

I would definitely participate if I could though, you do a good job.

You guys should just raid a PvP event for a night =)