PDA

View Full Version : So, no one ever did ''lotto'' type loot on their servers here?

Calabee
02-11-2011, 10:03 AM
Was the way of doing loot in pick-ups groups on my server in live, nameless.

Basically, there would be a Main Looter, they'd loot everything and when the group would split / someone would leave we'd all roll and highest numbers would start off with the picks of loot. We'd also /split the ammount of coinage.

Here everyone seems to be hard-up for loot and wanna roll right away.. was my experience anyways last summer when i was lvling up. ;/

Omnimorph
02-11-2011, 10:08 AM
I remember encountering this type of looting first in sebilis.

azeth
02-11-2011, 10:16 AM
Was the way of doing loot in pick-ups groups on my server in live, nameless.

Basically, there would be a Main Looter, they'd loot everything and when the group would split / someone would leave we'd all roll and highest numbers would start off with the picks of loot. We'd also /split the ammount of coinage.

Here everyone seems to be hard-up for loot and wanna roll right away.. was my experience anyways last summer when i was lvling up. ;/

I remember this also. TBH this was the only loot distribution system used on RN at least during Kunark/Velious, it really was just standard for whomever had the inventory space to loot every single mob, then exactly as you said when the group concludes have everyone /random for the droppables.

Aadill
02-11-2011, 10:19 AM
Same on Drinal around Kunark time... it was easier to manage all the spells and gems and stuff that dropped, assuming the person that looted everything didn't run off with it.

Dr4z3r
02-11-2011, 10:19 AM
It's too common on this server for groups to have a new member every 45 minutes to an hour for that sort of loot distribution to be practical.

h0tr0d (shaere)
02-11-2011, 10:20 AM
I remember the same, seeing it for the first time sitting out Sebilis dividing up loot.

Calabee
02-11-2011, 10:28 AM
hmmm guess it mighta been a kunark / velious thing, never realized, as I started playing 2 months before velious or so. I did seem to remember it all the way up to PoP though, when i quit.

azeth
02-11-2011, 10:29 AM
hmmm guess it mighta been a kunark / velious thing, never realized, as I started playing 2 months before velious or so. I did seem to remember it all the way up to PoP though, when i quit.

i imagine it worked like that long after Velious, i just happened to be fortunate enough to not have to participate in PUGs around that era.

Calabee
02-11-2011, 10:32 AM
heh when they put AA's in, I mainly did all guild grps too, but the occasional late night / early morning thing.. not many guildies around ;p

Omnimorph
02-11-2011, 10:48 AM
pickup groups were quite good actually, back in those days. Except in sebilis when you'd need a tank and the leader would invite a ranger or something... was like FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~!

Teensy Weensy
02-11-2011, 10:57 AM
We did lotto too, but not in classic. Later on when gems start dropping it's lotto time

xshayla701
02-11-2011, 11:52 AM
It's too common on this server for groups to have a new member every 45 minutes to an hour for that sort of loot distribution to be practical.

This imo

Zadrian
02-11-2011, 11:59 AM
On Bertox it was kind of a hybrid. When it came to actual usable drops, people rolled /ran 5 555.

For stuff that was vendor trash that would actually sell for 1pp+, we would have a main looter that would go sell and then just /split the results with the group.

When gems began to drop frequently, we would set up a loot order for the group. So whoever loots first gets their gem, then the second person, the third, fourth etc..

It would suck some times because the other members would be getting the high priced gems and one person may end up getting rose quartz, or lapis lazuli or something.

Cyrano
02-11-2011, 12:29 PM
You'll see this in dungeons that require traveling and specific group makesups. I think you will also see it retroactively in the lower end dungeons once all the power levelers/soloers move out of LGuk and into Kunark.

I doubt you see it in Karnors because anyone can just hang out at zone in while HS and Seb are in the middle of no where and are very camp specific.

Knuckle
02-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Bristlebane we /random everytime loot dropped. Got a pegasus cloak that way didnt even know what quillmane was

Omnimorph
02-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Bristlebane we /random everytime loot dropped. Got a pegasus cloak that way didnt even know what quillmane was

I was on BB, and for zones where the general practice was to form a group before you even headed to the zone (like HS, chardok, seb, mostly in places the exit wasn't the same as the zone out) as you needed a make up, including a porter, puller, CC, Tank, healer etc.

I look forward to this.