PDA

View Full Version : Hybrids casting while meleeing

fischsemmel
02-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Maybe my search skills just suck, but I wasn't able to turn up any threads in these forums about this.

Does a shd/pal/rang's swing timer reset when they cast a spell, or does it continue to count down to another attack during the cast?

fischsemmel
02-11-2011, 12:50 PM
It FEELS like it doesn't reset by casting a spell (unless the timer comes up while the spell is still being cast, maybe?). But it's hard to tell when attacking every 3ish seconds.

Crenshinabon
02-11-2011, 01:36 PM
I have noticed that you can completely miss a round of attacks or a round of mana regen ticks by casting during them.

Makes you have to time them better

Randy
02-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Uygi, I'm pretty sure you're right and wrong. because IIRC, they actually changed this... I believe originally your melee timer would reset after the spell went off but they later changed it to run while casting so you'd hit immediately after the spell if your weapon had reset.

Not sure what its like on this server, haven't played a hybrid.

Pescador
02-11-2011, 07:05 PM
Confirmed: The swing timer does not reset when you cast - it continues to count down while you cast. On a paladin, you can time it so you can cast flash of light in between soulfire swings (haven't tried it with max haste yet). If your timing is off, you'll miss a potential swing.

So the swing timer starts once you turn on autoattack, and does not stop or reset for stuns, casts, or out of range.