PDA

View Full Version : How important are starting stats for an SK

gnomishfirework
02-14-2011, 04:16 AM
I want to make an SK. I was gonna go troll and just not give 2 fucks, but ogre seems better overall in terms of stats/utility (stun immunity).

I like how trolls look more though. That said, if I was gonna base it off looks, dark-elf all the way then.

If I put all my starting points in stamina, how bad will I be hurting in Kunark? Is this less of an issue for hybrids since most I'd ever be tanking is trash and group mobs?

I never played a hybrid pre-pop. When I started raiding on my warrior in velious, I really hated my starting stat point allocation (dex/agil -- I had no idea what I was doing). Though that wouldn't be bad for a barb/troll/ogre, for a half-elf it sucked balls. Also being heavy all the time sucks.

So, how bad will I be hurting myself going dark-elf? It's really the class that is important, but looks/not getting stuck and less of an xp penalty are slightly appealing.

karsten
02-14-2011, 04:22 AM
yup, go ogre for front stun immunity (currently still broken i believe but will get fixed) and go max stam with the rest in strength

or go dark elf for max cool look! starting stats become less and less important as you get A: higher level and B: better geared. so, ultimately up to you, but ogre with stam/str is the way to go if you dont care about how you look

gnomishfirework
02-14-2011, 04:39 AM
I mean, as far as stat gear goes and buffs at 60 in kunark with non-kunark end-game raid gear (says planes/group drops only) will my str/sta be too limiting as a dark-elf?

It was a nightmare as a half-elf warrior in a raid setting, but for an SK will it be not as critical as I won't need to tank anything major?

karsten
02-14-2011, 04:44 AM
ehh, on live on VZ we didnt have any evil races in our guild, and tanked all the stuff up through NTOV with dorfs. still quite viable.

Baa
02-14-2011, 05:38 AM
Roll a Darkie... way too many troll and ogre SK's running around

Ropethunder
02-14-2011, 07:11 AM
All of the ogre/troll SKs are the result of the penalties being broken for a very long time.

gnomishfirework
02-14-2011, 07:42 AM
All of the ogre/troll SKs are the result of the penalties being broken for a very long time.

Penalties are broken? Really? Or they're fixed now?

Messianic
02-14-2011, 08:34 AM
Human and Erudite SKs are underrated. Sure, they're not unbelievably awesome in terms of stats, stun immunity or regen, etc - but they have a decent balance of stats, decent faction, and they're fairly attractive (which, believe it or not, is important in terms of long-term commitment to a character). Much less clunky when you're trying to traverse small areas, too.

xshayla701
02-14-2011, 10:40 AM
dark elf, because you can

fugazi
02-14-2011, 10:57 AM
Erudite has major int! Go go go.

gnomishfirework
02-15-2011, 07:47 AM
I went human. I'll regret when I'm 60 and can't see for shit.

Messianic
02-15-2011, 08:59 AM
I went human. I'll regret when I'm 60 and can't see for shit.

Actually, that problem is solved at 22.

http://crys.org/everquest/spells/spell_details.asp?Spell+Name++ID=532

Then it's even better at 49:

http://crys.org/everquest/spells/spell_details.asp?Spell+Name++ID=1215