PDA

View Full Version : New to P99

matthewwalz
02-14-2011, 10:10 AM
hello, wife and i just started playing after being gone from eq for 5 years. i played eq from beta till WoW released and left with the crowd.
was wondering how long the IP Exemption takes to go through. one of us is forced to watch the other one play.

Messianic
02-14-2011, 10:12 AM
Welcome! This is a really fun place :D

IP exemption may take a while - anywhere from a few days to weeks. It's worth it - the ban on 2-boxing does improve the social nature and environment of the server.

DetroitVelvetSmooth
02-14-2011, 11:59 AM
One other thing, I'd bump it once a week. Nilbog(i think?) said it don't matter, but mine went like 2 and a half weeks, then i bumped it and it got done in the next 2 days.

leezard
02-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaweedpimp
Bump it once a day..

Please do not do this. I'm the only person that does IP exemptions, and I sort them by 'ip exemption' prefix, oldest date; not by newest petition date

Is actually what Nilbog said :P

matthewwalz
02-14-2011, 12:58 PM
thanks for the feed back. wasnt quite sure how it worked just knew that we couldnt log on at the same time and that i needed to post on the ip exemption forum. so far really enjoying playing again. no watering down of any thing is a nice change. yesterday i spent a hour looking for my corpse reminded me of when kunark first came out and i got a port to DL on my lvl 30 warrior so i could go to lake of ill omen. needless to say i never recovered that corpse.

Messianic
02-14-2011, 01:58 PM
thanks for the feed back. wasnt quite sure how it worked just knew that we couldnt log on at the same time and that i needed to post on the ip exemption forum. so far really enjoying playing again. no watering down of any thing is a nice change. yesterday i spent a hour looking for my corpse reminded me of when kunark first came out and i got a port to DL on my lvl 30 warrior so i could go to lake of ill omen. needless to say i never recovered that corpse.

Lol, yeah I love that about EQ. It's absolutely unforgiving. I died in Sol A this weekend because I got cocky with a mechanical spider and got a bad string of resists.

Makes you really play your best - losing that chunk of exp or paying for the res after makes you remember what you did wrong.