PDA

View Full Version : New models?

Saltinecracker
02-07-2010, 06:21 PM
Hey,

I was setting here thinking. Why isn't there any option for the new models? Of course, the first thing that will be said is "HEY THATS NOT CLASSIC!" Well, bards being nerfed isnt classic and theres other things that arent correct like pet models (which i havent checked but im sure you can turn on and off). I think it would be cool if players could have the choice for new models. I am not sure if that would make the server lag more and thats the reason why theres not a choice. Anyhow, i was just wondering. I would like to be able to see the cool looking robes and ogres that dont take up the whole hall in guk. Jus saying it would be nice to have the "CHOICE". Emphasis on choice cause im sure someone (after saying "THATS NOT CLASSIC") is going to be like i dont want them. :rolleyes:

Rock on with your bad selves,

Virtue Enlightenment ;)

Lanor
02-07-2010, 06:27 PM
I would like to be able to see the cool looking robes and ogres that dont take up the whole hall in guk.

I think you might be the only person in all of EQ that actually wants to see the Luclin Ogre models.

President
02-07-2010, 06:28 PM
It's not in the game, it's not going to be in the game, get over it. Thread # 9 million on this topic.

Saltinecracker
02-07-2010, 06:48 PM
thats gay ... :(

Caspin
02-07-2010, 07:03 PM
It's not in the game, it's not going to be in the game, get over it. Thread # 9 million on this topic.

Something that warrants 9 million threads should be pretty important shouldn't it? I don't understand the vehemence by people like you dismissing this. If you don't like it don't support it, that isn't to say you should put people down who want it. This is an issue with zero gameplay impact and I think it should be an option for people who want it.

Reiker
02-07-2010, 07:20 PM
http://www.0sw.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/thumbsdown.jpg

President
02-07-2010, 09:38 PM
Something that warrants 9 million threads should be pretty important shouldn't it? I don't understand the vehemence by people like you dismissing this. If you don't like it don't support it, that isn't to say you should put people down who want it. This is an issue with zero gameplay impact and I think it should be an option for people who want it.

No, its not important. This is a server that is not only supposed to be classic, but LUCLIN WILL NEVER EXIST ON THIS SERVER. This has already been discussed at length and the dev's said they are not enabling LUCLIN models.

How anyone could ever want to look at models which many old school EQ'ers consider RUINED the game is beyond me.

Caspin
02-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Zero gameplay impact. You obviously wouldn't use them, I would use a couple and you would never know. I'm just saying each player should have the option, to not allow someone to make their own decision about their own setup is just asinine. You might as well tell people they're not allowed to change the UI.

Humerox
02-07-2010, 10:24 PM
Zero gameplay impact. You obviously wouldn't use them, I would use a couple and you would never know. I'm just saying each player should have the option, to not allow someone to make their own decision about their own setup is just asinine. You might as well tell people they're not allowed to change the UI.

Here. read what Nilbog had to say about it. Then moooooove on. :)

http://project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1396&highlight=luclin+models

Caspin
02-07-2010, 10:48 PM
Thanks? That link does nothing but help my argument. Nilbog knows that its selfish and asinine to not allow the models to be active because they don't fit his view of how the server should be. It is his server so I can't make him change it but he knows that he is imposing unnecessary restrictions on his players just because he can. I'll stick to my view and express for the last time I'd rather be able to make my own decision on this matter.

Hasbinbad
02-07-2010, 10:53 PM
We're all glad that you feel that way, Caspin.

Myth
02-08-2010, 12:40 AM
While we are at it let's enable showeq and macroquest. You'd never know what player is using it and nobody has to if they don't want to...

I am openminded to your opinion BUT the devs are recreating the classic experience. The only driving force behind their hard work is their PASSION for classic EQ and the consensus of classic eq players is

"Luclin models suck ass"

any "new" classic player to the server would be scared
off by these abominations

CXII
02-08-2010, 06:12 AM
I haven't posted on these forums yet, but I have to chime in here.

Regardless of all the opinions of how terrible and rushed the Luclin "Upgrade" was, the fact is they erased the prestige of Velious armor completely. When I had my 60 Rogue decked out in Assassin's armor and other characters with Ry'Gorr and other velious chain/plate and I ticked on the new graphics (which lagged the hell outa my 256MB RAM machine :p) I noticed all the chain/plate looked exactly the same....with different colors. That is why later on, they must have decided to give everyone the option to dye all armor, because they took away the pretty textures that people were so proud of earning. If I have the old models on and everyone else has new models on, or even just my race... I looked like a n00b with dark blue chain on my chest, when in fact it made me really stand out with the old graphics on. And I have to say when my character sat down after the "Upgrade", he wondered from time to time what sausage really tasted like.

Yes, I know there was a way to go into the eqclient.ini and force the velious textures with new graphics, but it didn't match up right and NOBODY actually used that "hack" so I still ran around looking like a moron weather I wanted to or not. Being a Rogue and having cool new armor, I couldn't wait to get new illusion masks and see what the Phase Spider Carapace looked like on a Erudite for instance. They simply needed to implement ALL previous textures if they were going to release higher polygon models. I'm just stating some facts for people who may not have played through Kunark and Velious just to visually be on par with a lvl 5 Vah'Shir who has just started. I now wonder what the playable kitties would have looked like in full armor if they had used the Kerra Isle models.... Might give the devs on this server something to tinker with after Velious is released. A proper Luclin release minus the Bazaar? I won't even get into that argument, lol.

Qi0
02-08-2010, 07:04 AM
From one of the few people out there who actually really enjoyed Luclin, let me just say that I don't see any point for the Luclin models on this server, ever. In fact, the Luclin models themselves were easily the worst thing about the expansion - even worse than bane weapons and lucid shards...

ssyrax82
02-08-2010, 08:55 AM
I have to agree with Qi0 I actually liked Luclin, I wouldn't mind it being on the server, but I accept the fact it wont be. I also do not like the new models at all, they looked flippin retarded. If you don't want someone telling you how to play, then dont play. This is their server, they want to recreate classic as much as possible and thats what they are doing. If you want to play with the new models, go to a server with new models turned on?

Lanor
02-08-2010, 11:31 AM
From one of the few people out there who actually really enjoyed Luclin, let me just say that I don't see any point for the Luclin models on this server, ever. In fact, the Luclin models themselves were easily the worst thing about the expansion - even worse than bane weapons and lucid shards...

^this perfectly sums it up. also it would be a shame if the glory of the Cowl of Mortality, or any velious helm, went to a luclin model user.

Danth
02-08-2010, 11:48 AM
Luclin model threads never fail to amuse me. I get a kick out of the number of people who don't seem to comprehend that they appear only on the user's own client. The arguments generally also boil down to, 'will I use it? If so vote yes, if not, then oppose it for everyone else, too!'

Nobody seems to be complaining about the non-classic high-res textures in the other thread.

Project 1999 doesn't *look* very classic anyway. Nights are extremely light, the clip plane can be set ridiculously far, and options such as new water and 3D target rings are available (though I use neither, personally). I consider the Luclin models no different, functionally, than any of the above. I wouldn't use them--I think they're ugly and a poor physical fit for the game world--but I don't care what someone else sees.

As I understand, It's sort of a moot question, though, as the Luclin models apparently require the Luclin expansion itself to be enabled. As such this discussion might be academic at best.

Danth

nilbog
02-08-2010, 12:41 PM
It is his server so I can't make him change it but he knows that he is imposing unnecessary restrictions on his players just because he can.

More like I'm not looking into doing unnecessary work for a barely-wanted luxury feature of the end client. My personal opinions are my own to have. If it affected game mechanics, I'd be looking into it.

If you think I went out of my way to disable them, you are wrong. It is a byproduct of limiting the expansions in the game. One I happened to enjoy, but nonetheless, I didn't do it on purpose.

mokfarg
02-08-2010, 11:12 PM
Why are people persistent on trying to change a classic server specifically stated to be for that purpose into something that is not classic? Enjoy the gift we have been given by the great developers of this project. If you want a custom server that isn't classic, make it or play on another server.

This server is really popular for a reason and that is people want the classic EQ experience. I know 430 people don't visit this forum, they just play the great game we have been given for free. Developers need to learn one rule, changing a game because of forum complaints is a bad move. People that visit the forum are not your majority.

Steam65641
02-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Isnt the skeleton models.. and Mage pet models on cilent side.. Wasnt they brought in with luclin?... And you can see them. .. But wait! its classic.

Steam65641
02-09-2010, 10:53 PM
also. If i can have a frigging pet looking new.. I dont want a fat ogre.. Oh wait this is classic . and u wanna play classic.. Bring the fat boys.

Bodeanicus
02-11-2010, 05:58 AM
I think you might be the only person in all of EQ that actually wants to see the Luclin Ogre models.

No, I also prefer the new Ogre models, and I like the new Troll models.

guineapig
02-11-2010, 09:05 AM
I can appreciate both sets of models for different reasons.

On a side note:
One of the main reasons they changed models (other than how dated the character creation was within a year or two) was because of the introduction of mounts. That didn't happen till Luclin and will never happen on this server.

Also, it has been previously mentioned that for all intents and purposes your account is technically flagged as not being Luclin enabled which means that there is no way you can have those models enabled. Same goes for the hybrid midget classes that were introduced in later expansions.

Saltinecracker
02-12-2010, 01:32 PM
I can understand not having any new models all together. I can understand having the option of having the new models or not. However, i cant not understand why people are calling this a classic server and saying that is the reason we dont have the choice to use the new models since we can have new mage pet, wolves, skeletons, and etc. If we can only have those models its all good. What ever Nilbog decides is good with me. Its still going to be a fun game. I just think you shouldnt be calling this a classic server if there is the option for new mage pets and other models.... To me that dosent make a lot of sense. I was kinda starting this thread to talk about why there isnt new models since it is client side, but all i got was a bunch of QQing trolls wanting to put pictures of gay movies like Gladiator :-P.

Lanys-Pewj
02-12-2010, 01:36 PM
no to luclin models.

Saltinecracker
02-12-2010, 01:48 PM
lol nice argument .. now my turn

yes to luclin models..

see what i did there.. used your own words on you ... lol

I win!

douglas1999
02-12-2010, 03:06 PM
I can understand not having any new models all together. I can understand having the option of having the new models or not. However, i cant not understand why people are calling this a classic server and saying that is the reason we dont have the choice to use the new models since we can have new mage pet, wolves, skeletons, and etc. If we can only have those models its all good. What ever Nilbog decides is good with me. Its still going to be a fun game. I just think you shouldnt be calling this a classic server if there is the option for new mage pets and other models.... To me that dosent make a lot of sense. I was kinda starting this thread to talk about why there isnt new models since it is client side, but all i got was a bunch of QQing trolls wanting to put pictures of gay movies like Gladiator :-P.

It's not like Nilbog purposely chose to have certain "new" models like wolves and skellies enabled, they're enabled by default with the Titanium client and you can't turn them off. It's supposed to be a classic server, so they want it to be as classic as possible. Thus, things that they do have control over, like player models, will be classic. In other words, it's safe to assume that pretty much anything that isn't totally classic is something that can't be changed due to a technical limitation with the modern client that we all have to use to play here.

Saltinecracker
02-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Oh, so thats why theres are certain new models. I can understand it more now. I still think it would be cool to have the new models since there only on the client side and i or whoever chose to could see the new models. Just because its classic dosent mean that the graphics have to suck. :-P I dont think that to have a classic server is to not have any new ideas in the project. I think the point of a classic server is to cut out all the crap with the portals and things like Cat people being discovered on the moon...that kinda shoot EQ to the ground. I dont think they should enable all luclin crap .. i think that the point is to have a classic game is suppose to be fun and the gameplay needs to be classic... such as the quests and zones. I think that enabling the models would make others (like me) happier and would make the classic game play a better experince. Sony screwed up the whole game using patches and expansinons... that dosent mean that all their ideas were messed up. Anyhow, what ever Nilbog decides will go anyway :-) .. either way the game will still be fun.

Oh, just wondering. I was messing with the models ..and found that i can make the water look classic and nonclassic.. i stopped playing sony EQ early before most of the expansions. I was wondering if that was included with the unchangable Tutanum client with the wolves and skeles. You can also turn the pet models off and on to .. is that feature suppose to be locked.

President
02-15-2010, 06:56 PM
Do you guys not know how to read?

The Dev's said the way EQEMU works if the Luclin expansion isn't enabled, the models aren't enabled. The Luclin expansion will NEVER BE ENABLED on this server. The Dev's ARE NOT GOING OUT OF THERE WAY TO TRY TO FIX THIS.

/thread over - MOVE THE FUCK ON

Saltinecracker
02-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Hey there President... uhh... i believe this is under server chat ... not under .. im a QQing baby and i like to but caps through out my post and not put an opinion ... dude were just talking about it ... simmer down .. and get yourself a tampon and some birth control it may help

President
02-15-2010, 07:48 PM
Yes and you guys continue to spam the server chat forum with fairy tale wishes that are NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN and have been stated by the devs they are NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.

Take your worthless bumps to "off topic" if you want to continue spamming a board. Or head to 4chan I bet you fit in well there.

Saltinecracker
02-15-2010, 07:55 PM
I think the devs.. said that they wanted to see how many people wasnted the models...and if there was enough they would think about it ...One said that if it was his choice he would disable them cause thats the kinda selfish bastard he is... lol thats not me saying that ..he said that dont think im called him a selfish bastard ;-) ... anyway... if your not going to post anything that adds to the conversation .. other than AHHH I DONT LIKE THEM NO >> CAPS CAPS CAPS ... how bout ..sticking to rants and flames... using CAPS is famous there .. youll fit right in :-)

President
02-15-2010, 08:05 PM
Jesus, you can't read can you.

Once AGAIN, he said that due to eqemu if the Luclin xpac is disabled the models are disabled. Luclin will not be enabled on this server. He would have to go out of his way to enable them (if he even CAN).

The poll showed 75% of players did not want them in the game. The post you started had at least 75% of the unique responses saying they did not want them.

Do you think he is going to go out of his way for something less than 25% of the population even cares about? That isn't gameplay related in any way? that isn't CLASSIC? that he himself said he would NEVER ENABLE if it was only up to him?

You have moved from discussing it, to whining about it. Its over, you aren't going to convince the die hard EQ population that models they thought RUINED THE GAME are worth spending dev time on.

Saltinecracker
02-15-2010, 10:37 PM
lol .. and im the one whining...why are you still posting if you know im wrong .. why spend the time trying to tell me .. why not do something else .. other than try to tell me i shouldnt argue for something i think that should be enabled ... either way .. im still going to .. cause i think itll help the server ..and appeal to some ppl ..which in turn will have a greater out come if the population gets larger .. some more ppl will want models..

President
02-15-2010, 10:48 PM
lol .. and im the one whining...why are you still posting if you know im wrong .. why spend the time trying to tell me .. why not do something else .. other than try to tell me i shouldnt argue for something i think that should be enabled ... either way .. im still going to .. cause i think itll help the server ..and appeal to some ppl ..which in turn will have a greater out come if the population gets larger .. some more ppl will want models..

See, there you go again, "I think it should be enabled." It's not a click of the button dude, are you seriously NOT UNDERSTANDING THIS?

I am posting because I sit behind a desk for 10 hours a day and literally have nothing better to do when I'm at work.

Seriously. . why ... don't.. you... use ... more.... dots...and... incomplete...sentences...it..makes...you...look... like... sarah...palin........

There is no "right" and "wrong" here. There is: "not worth the work because only about 10 people care about the dumbest models to ever hit a MMO."

Do you want me to start a thread for you in the Off Topic forum so you can go bang your head against the wall there?

Saltinecracker
02-18-2010, 02:53 PM
was thinking about it .. but decided id like to stay here so you would continue to post here .. and ... i ... think... that ... dots... kick...ass....
What job do you have that you sit behind a desk for 10 hrs and have nothing better to do than talk about EQ ..(online Game) .. lol you seriously have no live... im guessing either Mcdonalds manger .

Morfnblorsh
02-18-2010, 02:59 PM
You're right. He probably has no "live".

guineapig
02-18-2010, 02:59 PM
was thinking about it .. but decided id like to stay here so you would continue to post here .. and ... i ... think... that ... dots... kick...ass....
What job do you have that you sit behind a desk for 10 hrs and have nothing better to do than talk about EQ ..(online Game) .. lol you seriously have no live... im guessing either Mcdonalds manger .

And what's your excuse?

You can't simply just magically enable the models if Luclin isn't enabled.
It would take quite a lot of work, the devs have stated this.
End of story.

Morfnblorsh
02-18-2010, 03:00 PM
I blame Niblig.